Forum › New Game discussion

joined May 23, 2015

Yeah, was wondering about the pacing... First episode covers the first 3 chapters. If they keep going at this pace, they'd cover around 36 chapters assuming they go for the 12 ep format. From the introduction of Umiko and Shizuku and the small additions, figured they'd put in some filler to try and stretch it with the release of the first game.

Here's hoping the fillers will be good. ^^ And if that means I get to see more Yun, I'll have no complains. :3

Well, they've got an episode worth of extra material from the author to add in between scenes. And probably a few other things to add here and there.

And likely, they'll be slowing the pacing down after the first episode, and only covered so much entirely because it was the first episode, so they wanted to get the introductions out of the way.

Because ending halfway through the introduction would just kill it. Especially for a slice of life.

last edited at Jul 5, 2016 9:18AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Aoba x Kou got a good start, so I'm happy..The adaptation also smooth so far so it's all good.

Frankly, that scene felt a bit over the top, maybe because in the manga, it's just Aoba having a slight "doki" moment that got turned into something kinda extravagant. ^^;

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

That scene was supposed to be over the top since it's Aoba meeting her idol.

last edited at Jul 5, 2016 11:09AM

joined May 23, 2015

Though she didn't know that at the time...

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oops. But I knew cause of the manga and that's why I perceived it that way.

last edited at Jul 5, 2016 11:36AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Stereotypical speaking, Aoba x Kou should not be possible, as each has their own shipping partner. But considering the author chapter arts have constantly hammered the Aoba x Kou x Rin (and we know how Rin actually feel about Kou). And now with how the anime has really put a bit more extra mile on Kou x Aoba (the heart heart first meeting, the Kou nonchalantly going to invite Aoba for lunch, and the close up screen of Kou taking of Aoba top button)...

...my guess is as long as the subtext in New Game still continue, Aoba x Kou ship will be hard to sink

last edited at Jul 5, 2016 12:00PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think they're shipping Rin and Kou, Aoba and Kou, and Aoba and Hifumi. Maybe it's like Love Live! SIP where they put the early ships generated by fans in, but also alternates, and waited for more fan responses (in Japan, English speakers don't count).

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Oh crap, the anime's out already?! It's not even up on Nyaa. Woo! \o/

Edit: I can die happy

Nene is the Goddess of Cute, so it's all good.

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

the first episode was fantastic!! i'm ready to buy all the merch... that aoba figure coming out 2017 tho rip in peace

yeah i was also surprised they went for a bigger-picture instead of using in-between transitions like lucky star or 2chijou :0 it wasn't bad though!

and oh gosh kou's voice is perfect and everything i've ever wanted from her //////

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Rin and Kou is the only true ship

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

Yes. I hope anime will drop good subtexts about these two.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Great start to the anime :D
Since we're so far, each new episode i'll unfortn compare any and all subtle differences. read it a good dozen times or so, have it pretty much down pat XD

joined May 23, 2015

Yes. I hope anime will drop good subtexts about these two.

So you didn't see the Megami magazine image?

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Ahaha.. that underwear is so lewd... xD

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

So where should we look for anime sub updates...

...and when?

joined May 20, 2013

I'm dying here :(

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Ep 2: https://doki.co/2016/07/12/new-game-02/

@Morter Doki is cool. I'd go for Doki.

joined May 20, 2013

Ah, okay.

Also, what is the context behind the mogu rant?

joined May 23, 2015

Ah, okay.

Some people got really mad that I decided to use the officially-used romanizations for the names in the anime translation.

Which I purposely did not do for the manga because they are not conducive to a purely text-based medium.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ah, okay.

Some people got really mad that I decided to use the officially-used romanizations for the names in the anime translation.

Which I purposely did not do for the manga because they are not conducive to a purely text-based medium.

People (online) get mad about the silliest things. Keep up the good work!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

The anime really manages to put the cuteness in. <3

I wanna bring Yun home. T_T

Also, Rin looks mighty interested in Kou love status, that made me giggle. :D

last edited at Jul 12, 2016 4:16AM

joined May 23, 2015

Also note her sigh of relief after the answer.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

The anime really manages to put the cuteness in. <3

I fell in love with Hifumin all over again.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

To reply you must either login or sign up.