Forum › A World Without Freedom discussion

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Take them out on a date, have a good time, then gradually edge towards "Will you be my girlfriend?" or "I like you, and I like spending time with you, and I'd like to spend more time with you." you know? Not just "I like you, go out with me." and BAM you're a couple now.

lmao dude, this is manga. also they love each other and in manga "mature confession" are rare unless the manga is pure fluff. in this manga i think its more like, ""im sadistic, you're a masochist, wanna do S&M together? oh also lets be girlfriends"

Well not just in manga, don't they do this shit in dramas too?
Kinda feels like that might be how they do things, culturally perhaps. Like a formal announcement/request

Hell, this is kinda how real life goes (after you get out of school, that is). Start spending time w someone, pretty soon it's lots of time and then you're living in the same house, etc. The only really formal "confession" after school is pretty much: "Will you marry me?"

Is it cultural? It seems like the Japanese tend towards compartmentalization, so there are divisions between "friend" status and "girlfriend" status, which applies to other parts of life as well. So the "confession" acts as a definitive changing of what box you fit into. In the west, this isn't such a big part of culture in general and things are looked at in a more fluid sense, including romance.

Not that there aren't exceptions in both cases of course, and cultural attitudes themselves have a way of shifting.

After you get out of school, it's pretty much like I describe it. (Unless you're from one of those old fashioned or very wealthy families where you have marriage interviews, etc...)

But yeah, during school it's all compartmentalised like you say.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

First page of this chapter. My thoughts were; "Guess the rape wasn't that bad if she thought that."

last edited at May 15, 2016 9:44PM

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh dear, there comes the love triangle

11069608_1606065076317635_7809978659901878761_n
joined Jun 15, 2015

This chapter is better than the ones before.
I kinda start liking the characters at that point. I think.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Oh dear, there comes the love triangle

Nah, not really. Glasses-dyke pretty much gives up on her at the end of Chap 5

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ummm, is it just me? I must be starved for juicy yuri manga, cause I might totally ship Meiko and glasses-girl now >.<
I dunno it seems like they'd be good together...
Besides do we even know if Reo is even into girls?

I definitively felt some good chemistry there, the way her palm made Meiko's face completely red and swollen... Getting goosebumps here

Lol, ok o.O was that sarcasm?
I guess it's only me...

At the very least i Do think that Meiko would work better with glasses than with Reo, but blah, chapter 5 was pretty much the ending of Glasses Adventures on Angst Land so all that's left now is for Reo and Meiko to reconciliate in a 12 hour sexual activity full of anger and hate and passion and love and stabbing weapons not knives though

Lol, love/death style or something? I dunno I still haven't seen meiko and reo being all cute together, hopefully next chs?

joined Jan 8, 2014

Take them out on a date, have a good time, then gradually edge towards "Will you be my girlfriend?" or "I like you, and I like spending time with you, and I'd like to spend more time with you." you know? Not just "I like you, go out with me." and BAM you're a couple now.

lmao dude, this is manga. also they love each other and in manga "mature confession" are rare unless the manga is pure fluff. in this manga i think its more like, ""im sadistic, you're a masochist, wanna do S&M together? oh also lets be girlfriends"

Well not just in manga, don't they do this shit in dramas too?
Kinda feels like that might be how they do things, culturally perhaps. Like a formal announcement/request

Hell, this is kinda how real life goes (after you get out of school, that is). Start spending time w someone, pretty soon it's lots of time and then you're living in the same house, etc. The only really formal "confession" after school is pretty much: "Will you marry me?"

Is it cultural? It seems like the Japanese tend towards compartmentalization, so there are divisions between "friend" status and "girlfriend" status, which applies to other parts of life as well. So the "confession" acts as a definitive changing of what box you fit into. In the west, this isn't such a big part of culture in general and things are looked at in a more fluid sense, including romance.

Not that there aren't exceptions in both cases of course, and cultural attitudes themselves have a way of shifting.

After you get out of school, it's pretty much like I describe it. (Unless you're from one of those old fashioned or very wealthy families where you have marriage interviews, etc...)

But yeah, during school it's all compartmentalised like you say.

I dunno I think the whole "confession" thing we see in manga is super healthy, as an adult can anyone say they haven't had those moments spent wondering how someone feels about you? Id love to see a romcom where an actual "confession" takes place because im sorry sometimes you dont just bump into someone, or have so wacky story that led you to a relationship... (im sure you can tell, but a "confession" has great appeal to me, itd be amazing to meet someone so upfront/direct/brave about how they feel , tho I do admit its far more complicated as an adult )

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I dunno I think the whole "confession" thing we see in manga is super healthy, as an adult can anyone say they haven't had those moments spent wondering how someone feels about you? Id love to see a romcom where an actual "confession" takes place because im sorry sometimes you dont just bump into someone, or have so wacky story that led you to a relationship... (im sure you can tell, but a "confession" has great appeal to me, itd be amazing to meet someone so upfront/direct/brave about how they feel , tho I do admit its far more complicated as an adult )

I'm someone who struggles with understanding some social nuances, including the definitions of relationships between people, so the confessions always made sense to me. Of the 2 people I've liked in my life, I've told both of them upfront for this reason. It's too easy for me to misunderstand things otherwise.

bowzas_da_boss
joined Oct 7, 2014

I don't like being so serious over a story, but I hate people like Glasses Girl. Mind your own damn business. >.<

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I don't like being so serious over a story, but I hate people like Glasses Girl. Mind your own damn business. >.<

She couldn't mind her own business because it was about a girl she liked.

bowzas_da_boss
joined Oct 7, 2014

So? She just needs to move on, pretty simple. :p

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

... Move on? Are you suggesting that in order to refrain from wanting to interfere she.. get over it?
"It was about a girl she liked." "So?"
It means that person matters?
"She just needs to move on, pretty simple."
... So make them not matter anymore? Is that how things work? How you think they should work?

Don't people generally feel compelled to get involved when it concerns someone they care for?
"Minding her own business" would have been to turn a blind eye, while being very much aware that shit's going on. You're making it sound like she was in the wrong from having done so

last edited at May 16, 2016 2:07AM

pongmeungdie
joined Mar 18, 2015

... Move on? Are you suggesting that in order to refrain from wanting to interfere she.. get over it?
... So make them not matter anymore? Is that how things work? How you think they should work?

Don't people generally feel compelled to get involved when it concerns someone they care for?
"Minding her own business" would have been to turn a blind eye, while being very much aware that shit's going on. You're making it sound like she was in the wrong from having done so

Agree on everything you said. Bravo. Its not simple when you know ..some shits is going on . something not right. Try to let go esp. when that person is the one you like.its not so simple as that person said.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Agree on everything you said. Bravo. Its not simple when you know ..some shits is going on . something not right. Try to let go esp. when that person is the one you like.its not so simple as that person said.

Liking Reo-san doesn't change the fact that glasses-girl is a virtual stranger who's nosing into other people's personal lives nor gives her any more legitimacy to do so. And no, I suppose it's not simple, but life isn't simple in general, so you just have to endure when you can't/shouldn't do something.

last edited at May 16, 2016 12:14PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Liking Reo-san doesn't change the fact that glasses-girl is a virtual stranger who's nosing into other people's personal lives nor gives her any more legitimacy to do so. And no, I suppose it's not simple, but life isn't simple in general, so you just have to endure when you can't/shouldn't do something.

"Personal lives" is one way of seeing it, another way of seeing it is that one person is obviously abusing the crap out of the other person, just like one may have the desire to help someone who's getting mobbed on the streets, Glasses has the desire of saving Reo from that succubus who's obviously fucking Reo's life, if it really isn't her business and she shouldn't butt in then Reo is the only one who can tell her to piss off (Which, to be fair, Reo kinda did, but she pretty much backs off on it just a few pages later)

joined Aug 16, 2014

"Personal lives" is one way of seeing it, another way of seeing it is that one person is obviously abusing the crap out of the other person, just like one may have the desire to help someone who's getting mobbed on the streets, Glasses has the desire of saving Reo from that succubus who's obviously fucking Reo's life, if it really isn't her business and she shouldn't butt in then Reo is the only one who can tell her to piss off (Which, to be fair, Reo kinda did, but she pretty much backs off on it just a few pages later)

Yes, she's abusing the crap out of Reo-san (MC isn't the bitch on wheels I wanted/expected tho) , something we, as readers, have the benefit of knowing, unlike glasses-girl. This is not the same kind of situation like a lynching or something, where you have basically all the info you could want to know before acting.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

something we, as readers, have the benefit of knowing, unlike glasses-girl.

Before Glasses started to act Meiko straight up said to her face that Reo's her slave and she witnessed Reo having to skip studying more than once because of her, i'd say Glasses had enough evidence
The only thing Glasses is on the dark about is the... ehrm... "rape"

last edited at May 16, 2016 1:00PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

something we, as readers, have the benefit of knowing, unlike glasses-girl.

Before Glasses started to act Meiko straight up said to her face that Reo's her slave and she witnessed Reo having to skip studying more than once because of her, i'd say Glasses had enough evidence
The only thing Glasses is on the dark about is the... ehrm... "rape"

Sure, so skipping some studying is clear evidence abuse is going on and you need to nose into other person's business. She said Reo-san was her slave, still, glasses-girl admiteddly ignored what MC meant by that or what Reo-san herself thought about it. Which, as you mentioned...

Also, she had even less evidence when she started nosing around.

last edited at May 16, 2016 1:19PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Sure, so skipping some studying is clear evidence abuse is going on and you need to nose into other person's business. She said Reo-san was her slave, still, glasses-girl admiteddly ignored what MC meant by that or what Reo-san herself thought about it. Which, as you mentioned...

Also, she had even less evidence when she started nosing around.

When i was having some relationships issues with my girlfriend her friend came talk to me some time 'cause she was worried and wanted clear some things up, is it that weird?

Let's go down the timeline, Glasses knows Reo wants to study for her future so it strikes as odd when she skips class when Meiko appears, but she was like "whatever" until Meiko kissed Reo out of nowhere, which doesn't make her immediatly think about abuse but that Meiko is a selfish girlfriend, so she went to talk to Meiko as Reo's friend that she has stuff she wants to do and asked her to take it into consideration, not only Meiko replied that she's her slave but also that "It doesn't matter what she wants to do in the first place", not to mention she was surrounded by dudes, it doesn't take a Holmes to piece together this chick is bad news so she tries to save Reo from the big bad bully, she insists on going on with it even even though Reo told her to fuck off and thanks to that Reo is now standing on her own, i'd say Glasses was one hell of a friend for ignoring the first warning

last edited at May 16, 2016 1:46PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

EDIT: Let's just agree that we have very different opinions on what is enough info for a non-close person to get themselves involved into another's business and let this thread keep going.

last edited at May 16, 2016 2:13PM

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

this passive aggresive war is scary

bowzas_da_boss
joined Oct 7, 2014

Yup.

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

Yup.

i have to agree. whether im biased becoz im team meiko, i have no idea but yea

joined May 18, 2016

I see her works as perfect as is it you cant complain to someone who give her best in her work .

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

Reo looks like a guy, and the whole story is running downhill classic kodama for you.

last edited at May 18, 2016 5:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.