Forum › Desk War discussion

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Actually you can see she's really sweaty when she wakes up. And no one's ever gotten sweaty from being a dead fish. I'm thinking nothing weird happened in this one... Just a hunch.

Edit: She just came back from running a marathon too. I'm getting more and more sure that the liquid on her bed is non-suspicious sweat.

last edited at May 12, 2016 7:39PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

And just when I was thinking "first comic by him that isn't creepy."

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

TheLostLight posted:

Where did you all get pregnant from?
She's broke now, couldn't buy food.

I got it from the panel where there was liquid all over her bed when she woke up. Now combine that with the previous page's speech. I was pretty sure she was the target of an impromptu holy orgy....

As per the usual for this author of course.

I thought it was just sweat.

I never for a second didn't think it is sweat. More like she sweated during "sex" with her stationary (you know, cos sex is usually pretty active or like them raping her in her sleep was putting stress on her) since the stationary standing right to her crotch in previous page and talking about making new hope was just too suggestive for me. I guess I read too much hentai ;x

last edited at May 12, 2016 11:01PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Too many possibilities:
a) maybe she just imagined it all
b) maybe it's real, the stationary is alive, and the whole point of desk war, was for her to buy the lcd tablet thingy which will eliminate the need of erasing. Meanwhile give a double take on real world conflict and about how meaningless they are. But now she is starving because she ran out of money to buy food
c) or they really impregnate her, lead to the double meaning of "the deadline is coming"...

Good job, Dowman, you just create a litmus test to test how screwed up your reader head is.

last edited at May 12, 2016 11:19PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

TheLostLight posted:

Where did you all get pregnant from?
She's broke now, couldn't buy food.

I got it from the panel where there was liquid all over her bed when she woke up. Now combine that with the previous page's speech. I was pretty sure she was the target of an impromptu holy orgy....

As per the usual for this author of course.

I thought it was just sweat.

I never for a second didn't think it is sweat. More like she sweated during "sex" with her stationary (you know, cos sex is usually pretty active or like them raping her in her sleep was putting stress on her) since the stationary standing right to her crotch in previous page and talking about making new hope was just too suggestive for me. I guess I read too much hentai ;x

It seems inconsistent she'd either be active or stressed enough to sweat like that, yet not remember it happening. The "it was all a dream" angle sounds pretty convincing, although I don't think Sayman rolls that way.

Edit Oh, durr. WHEN SHE CAME HOME SHE COMPLAINED OF RUNNING A MARATHON FOR PHYS ED, SHE WAS ALREADY SWEATY! How did I miss that?

last edited at May 12, 2016 11:20PM

Avatar1457667_10200109529819755_1695728463_n
joined Mar 15, 2016

The obvious answer is that all of our theories are correct at the same time. Schroedinger's stationary at work.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Edit Oh, durr. WHEN SHE CAME HOME SHE COMPLAINED OF RUNNING A MARATHON FOR PHYS ED, SHE WAS ALREADY SWEATY! How did I miss that?

Yea, me too cos I was skipping parts of dialog. The more I read comments, the more sure I am the whole desk war was just girls unconscious struggle between keeping on using cheap tools she is used to but which have issues or buying a expensive tablet that is reliable but puts her over her budget. Her head found a reason for her to hate stationary and get ride of them, without her knowledge. If anything I'd say it were some hallucinations or something created by her mind.

last edited at May 12, 2016 11:35PM

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Lol coming back to this thread shed some light on my jumping to conclusions. Maybe it was all in my head. Should probably stop reading comics so late at night especially by Dowman. Everything is weird at night.

last edited at May 13, 2016 1:09AM

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

The obvious answer is that all of our theories are correct at the same time. Schroedinger's stationary at work.

simultaneously pregnant and not pregnant... until if ever dowman lifts the lid

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Some dirty ass minds here. Like no one got raped, get the jeep out of here.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Okay, Dowman Sayman is known for his mind screw, but it seens that it did all happen because she said the combat happened while she was at school, so she couldn't have destroyed her manga manuscript in her sleep and just imagined it or anything like that, not to mention that Dowman created things weirder than living objects, so I don't see why it's so hard to believe that it all really happened.

As for the supposed pregnancy, the sweat was because she had to run a marathon for phys ed, as for what the stationary said, they said that they will leave the outcome of the war to Asami and that to protect what is born between them they hope a new leader will guide them, a leader probably chosen by Asami, now, I guess this point flew by everyone heads, but she's trying to be a mangaka, they're drawing tools, what is born between them are mangas, they didn't try to mean that a human-stationary hybrid would be born from them raping Asami in her sleep, but that the manga manuscripts she makes that they keep destroying in their war is what is born between them.

In the end her choice was to destroy both factions and to use a laptop instead, the reason she puts her hand in her belly is because she's hungry from not having enough money for food from expending a lot of it either to buy the laptop or the Clip Studio program and drawing tools for her laptop, maybe both, also, she's not using a tablet, what she's using is a drawing mousepad, she says she wants a LCD tablet exactly because Clip Studio is hard to learn to use and drawing in a tablet would be easier than drawing in her laptop.

As for what the story might mean, I don't think it has anything to do with war at all, because not only she was a neutral observer to who they asked permission to use their newly created weapons, but in the end they left the outcome of the war to her hands, which ended with both factions destroyed, of course it could represent Mutually Assured Destruction and how someone else would take their place, maybe Asami could also represent God, but if anything I believe this could an allegory about how a mangaka life is hard, the writing and erasing faction destroying her manuscript could represent how a mangaka sometimes need to give up a manuscript and start from scratch, her stationery wrecked and scattered around could represent how they're used a lot, their new weapons that she denied the use could represent things the mangaka thought they could try but didn't use in the end, Asami getting home tired from the marathon she had at phys ed could represent how some mangakas sometimes have other responsibilities and jobs that takes most of their time and energy and that being a mangaka is something they do on the sides in their free time and might even pull all-nighters just to do it because they love it and can't always have it as their main souce of income or priority, Asami loving her stationary from the bottom of her heart could represent how some mangakas need to take a lot care when using their tools to use them for a long time because they can't always buy new ones, them leaving the outcome of the war to Asami could represent how in the end it's not the tools but the mangaka that matters and who decides how the manga will end up, Asami waking up and finding that the stationary stopped walking around, talking and fighting could represent how eventually their tools will stop working and the mangaka need throw them away to buy new ones, which will make a hole in their wallet and they'll have to cut some expenses, like food, the end of the story basically shows that to be a mangaka you need to endure being hungry, tired, without much money and on top of all that deal with deadlines, in other words this story tell us how being a mangaka is suffering.

Now I kind of wonder why I'm the only one who got this conclusion, if it was because you guys expected something weirder from Dowman Sayman, if no one paid attention to the story, or if I'm the one strange here because I thought too much about it or because of my conclusion, maybe both...

tl;dr: I need a life.

last edited at May 13, 2016 4:19AM

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

Okay, Dowman Sayman is known for his mind screw, but it seens that it did all happen because she said the combat happened while she was at school, so she couldn't have destroyed her manga manuscript in her sleep and just imagined it or anything like that, not to mention that Dowman created things weirder than living objects, so I don't see why it's so hard to believe that it all really happened.

As for the supposed pregnancy, the sweat was because she had to run a marathon for phys ed, as for what the stationary said, they said that they will leave the outcome of the war to Asami and that to protect what is born between them they hope a new leader will guide them, a leader probably chosen by Asami, now, I guess this point flew by everyone heads, but she's trying to be a mangaka, they're drawing tools, what is born between them are mangas, they didn't try to mean that a human-stationary hybrid would be born from them raping Asami in her sleep, but that the manga manuscripts she makes that they keep destroying in their war is what is born between them.

In the end her choice was to destroy both factions and to use a laptop instead, the reason she puts her hand in her belly is because she's hungry from not having enough money for food from expending a lot of it either to buy the laptop or the Clip Studio program and drawing tools for her laptop, maybe both, also, she's not using a tablet, what she's using is a drawing mousepad, she says she wants a LCD tablet exactly because Clip Studio is hard to learn to use and drawing in a tablet would be easier than drawing in her laptop.

As for what the story might mean, I don't think it has anything to do with war at all, because not only she was a neutral observer to who they asked permission to use their newly created weapons, but in the end they left the outcome of the war to her hands, which ended with both factions destroyed, of course it could represent Mutually Assured Destruction and how someone else would take their place, maybe Asami could also represent God, but if anything I believe this could an allegory about how a mangaka life is hard, the writing and erasing faction destroying her manuscript could represent how a mangaka sometimes need to give up a manuscript and start from scratch, her stationery wrecked and scattered around could represent how they're used a lot, their new weapons that she denied the use could represent things the mangaka thought they could try but didn't use in the end, Asami getting home tired from the marathon she had at phys ed could represent how some mangakas sometimes have other responsibilities and jobs that takes most of their time and energy and that being a mangaka is something they do on the sides in their free time and might even pull all-nighters just to do it because they love it and can't always have it as their main souce of income or priority, Asami loving her stationary from the bottom of her heart could represent how some mangakas need to take a lot care when using their tools to use them for a long time because they can't always buy new ones, them leaving the outcome of the war to Asami could represent how in the end it's not the tools but the mangaka that matters and who decides how the manga will end up, Asami waking up and finding that the stationary stopped walking around, talking and fighting could represent how eventually their tools will stop working and the mangaka need throw them away to buy new ones, which will make a hole in their wallet and they'll have to cut some expenses, like food, the end of the story basically shows that to be a mangaka you need to endure being hungry, tired, without much money and on top of all that deal with deadlines, in other words this story tell us how being a mangaka is suffering.

Now I kind of wonder why I'm the only one who got this conclusion, if it was because you guys expected something weirder from Dowman Sayman, if no one paid attention to the story, or if I'm the one strange here because I thought too much about it or because of my conclusion, maybe both...

tl;dr: I need a life.

100% agreed

Hero-Shepherd
Starfire%20loves%20mustard
joined Apr 26, 2016

simultaneously pregnant and not pregnant... until if ever dowman lifts the lid

Schrödinger's Pregnancy.

last edited at May 13, 2016 10:10AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yay, it's probably not creepy at all. With a tablet, you do things like flip to the push-in bottom of the pen to erase, and both your "lead" and your "eraser" are infinite. So I guess the metaphor is not bad. I feel like Dowman Sayman's parole officer: we know you'll creep again, and when you do, we'll send you back to creepy prison!

joined May 4, 2013

reading into it being cum

How lewd are you guys??

last edited at May 13, 2016 12:29PM

Thepanichour
Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

GET THIS NEE-CHAN A NOBEL PRIZE!

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

You're not the only one to come to that conclusion. Just the first person to write it all out. The initial discussion was influenced by the first few people, who thought that it was rape :p That being said, your interpretation was well put and thought out :)

last edited at May 13, 2016 7:52PM

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

also, she's not using a tablet, what she's using is a drawing mousepad, she says she wants a LCD tablet exactly because Clip Studio is hard to learn to use and drawing in a tablet would be easier than drawing in her laptop.

And just to clear things up, lots of people consider drawing mousepads as tablets. Although actual lcd tablets have screens, their own cpu, gpu, and memory units, whereas drawing mousepads only have peripheral communication, drawing mousepads are still often referred to as drawing tablets, or just tablets for short. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that she is using a drawing mousepad connected to her laptop, but it's just less cumbersome to refer to it as a "tablet."

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

moral of the story: dont leave your pencil and eraser in the same case.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

You're not the only one to come to that conclusion. Just the first person to write it all out. The initial discussion was influenced by the first few people, who thought that it was rape :p That being said, your interpretation was well put and thought out :)

Nah, before reading the discussion, I thought she got raped too. The speech, the angles getting nearer her crotch, the sweat, the blushing, holding her stomach + look of discomfort
Those are too many hints to lead to an accidental, random interpretation.
There were no prior hints that would have lead us to thought about it and suddenly, within 2-3 pages a good portion of the readers found themselves uncomfortable, doubting wtf just happened.

The speech worried me and with the crotch shot, I grew increasingly worried and thought ooh my god I hope the next page isn't.. and then you had her blushing and sweaty with whatever unknown substance covering her bed sheet,
Mhm yeah no this isn't far-fetched at all.

She could just be having some fantasy and masturbated with the stationary.

...as one does.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Nah, before reading the discussion, I thought she got raped too. The speech, the angles getting nearer her crotch, the sweat, the blushing, holding her stomach + look of discomfort
There were no prior hints that would have lead us to thought about it and suddenly, within 2-3 pages a good portion of the readers found themselves uncomfortable, doubting wtf just happened.

The speech worried me and with the crotch shot, I grew increasingly worried and thought ooh my god I hope the next page isn't.. and then you had her blushing and sweaty with whatever unknown substance covering her bed sheet,

She could just be having some fantasy and masturbated with the stationary.

...as one does.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Same.

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Talking draw stuf would be cool
I would tame them

11828559_843014909109816_2387147465110623620_n
joined Aug 2, 2015

These nonsensical sorts of work are what is worth reading. It's so nonsensical without exaggerating everything, and that makes it even more hilarious.

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

This is kind of late, but I was digging through old posts for no real reason, so better late than never...

1. I think the only really suggestive thing about the speech is the part about "what is being born between master and us," although the obvious answer to that would be manga, not a literal child. Maybe you could see the mention of a new leader being suggestive too, but again, I think the obvious answer would be that the girl is the new leader, as they are handing the fate of the war into her hands. She is leading them to the final outcome of their war.

2. There's only really one, maybe two angles near her crotch and the pov is panning all around her during the speech. You get all kinds of different angles. I guess this point is fairly solid, but I don't really know...She's literally surrounded by her stationery in every direction. Seems more like some kind of counsel rather than a gangbang :p

3. The sweat and blushing was because she just ran a marathon. She explained it in the story itself. It wouldn't really make sense for her to be sweating after being a dead fish and why would she still be blushing the day after? She went to bed straight after a work-out with her clothes on. She was already sweating when she went to sleep and fell asleep with a high core temperature. She just had a feverish sleep. In fact, that's kind of how I saw the whole story going up until that point. She kept getting more and more exhausted and "feverish" with these "hallucinations". That sleep was what "broke the fever" and returned everything back to normal.

4. She was hungry because she burned her stationery and had to buy a drawing pad instead. She was eating on a budget. Thus, holding her stomach with a look of discomfort.

5. I never said that the pregnancy theory was far-fetched. I may have wrote my four previous points as though they were facts, but that's just how I was taught to write persuasive arguments. They're really just my first interpretations of the story. I was just explaining to Thiaguinho-sama that they weren't the only person to interpret the story the way that they did. It's just that they were the first person to completely break it down like that because the original discussion was swayed by the first few people talking about rape. I myself did not even think of rape as a possibility until I read the discussion. I still don't really think that's what happened, but there are some strong cases for it and it is Dowman Sayman so it is definitely possible that it is the case. I think it's completely reasonable that some people came to that conclusion.

Well, I should be studying for my midterm and getting my lab done, but instead I'm making huge replies to month old comments... Great >///<

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Lol I don't really remember this story anymore, I'm not super down to reread it, but yeah, it's cool, different interpretations
It seems like something Dowman would do tbh, make it so ambiguous that readers are just troubled by what could have went down
Oh and I wasn't quoting you or anything, with "far fetched", I just meant that there were a couple of hints that lead ppl to think about it and kinda fear it's what happened, so I was adding that comment myself, that it does come from somewhere.

The sweat and blushing was because she just ran a marathon. She explained it in the story itself. It wouldn't really make sense for her to be sweating after being a dead fish and why would she still be blushing the day after?

Idk if it makes sense or not, but I see it as a hint that something sexual happened and thus the blush, the indication of it. Cus it was there for like, 1-2 panels in the morning and then nope
But for real tho this is kinda like, the fantastic genre, where the readers are left with confusion and doubt about wtf happened. I think that's the point, that intentional ambiguity. more so than if such events has transpired or not

To reply you must either login or sign up.