Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined May 4, 2016

This is why after her brokedown, I'm anticipating alot for Seju to change her I'm-going-to-take-any-trash-thrown-at me attitude, but she has disappeared for two chapters in a row, making the suspension pretty hard to endure XD. Author, if you hear me, let her blow up, blow real hard XD, any thing but a puppy Seju we've known so well. We're not back to square one, nope, I won't accept that XD.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Seju x Sungji is a bizzare combination, just like Sumin x Nami imo. Seju x Sumin is more possible lol.

Tbh I don't expect much from the next chapter for Seju. I think her development will be slow throughout the whole story, while Gaji develops Sungji and Sumin more in between.
Just like how her father got sick, like 20 chapters ago, and we are still really behind regarding his health condition and how it influences Seju. Only thing we got from this, is Seju having to pickup the mole weirdo.

last edited at May 9, 2016 7:49AM

joined May 4, 2016

Haizzza, keep reading comments about Seju is so depressing. It's either her sad situation or her lack of appearance which makes her development kinda slow :). Please tell me why, of all three characters, I just have to like the saddest, most depressing one, not to mention the most underrated among those three, too. What does Seju have that makes people easily fall for her like that though :(.

last edited at May 9, 2016 8:50AM

joined Feb 4, 2016

leeyoon0510

Same, I keep asking myself the same question, stanning her is like making ur life more emo haha :((

Honestly Seju was not my favorite at the beginning, but she keeps growing on me exponentially. Seju is the ultimate antagonist because all her stans are all out to go down with her lmao, no matter how bleak it is XD

Towards her bleak future, cheers!

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Seju x Sungji is a bizzare combination, just like Sumin x Nami imo. Seju x Sumin is more possible lol.

Anything is possible since there is a thing called "plot twist". XD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Haizzza, keep reading comments about Seju is so depressing. It's either her sad situation or her lack of appearance which makes her development kinda slow :). Please tell me why, of all three characters, I just have to like the saddest, most depressing one, not to mention the most underrated among those three, too. What does Seju have that makes people easily fall for her like that though :(.

Despite her being depressive, her character is more realistic than Sungji's and probably Sumin's, so people can empathise with her easier. She gives flavor to the story.
Also, despite the cheating thing, all these years she has been waiting for Sumin, which shows how great her love was, which is admirable. And she wasn't sleeping around either.
I'd say she's classy, despite her being in a dark place.

joined Aug 29, 2015

imo, many readers like Seju now because she has a more interesting story to tell than Sungji and Sumin's road to happiness-filler chapters xD

tbh, I felt that Sumin x Sungji's relationship focus too much on giving fanservice to the readers. which is not that bad. those sexual tension chapters were really good but their story lacks depth. I bet a lot of Sumin x Sungji shippers like this pairing because of those fluff chapters. I mean. can anybody tell why Sungji like Sumin? (or why Team Gaji can only tell how perfect Sungji is on her backstory?) Sungji didn't even know that she like Sumin until she had a conversation with her friends even though she's already on her early or mid-twenties lol. the fact that Team Gaji made Sungji too perfect and too innocent just to make Sumin to trust her and love her so easily in the story. kinda makes it a poorly written couple.

anyway, it's too predictable than Sumin and Sungji will be the endgame. the only twist on the story is really Seju. even until now. we still haven't got any clue on what her fate will be in the end.

last edited at May 9, 2016 3:47PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Seju always ended up being a protagonist of the discussion here even when the story presented pretty slightly about her. I would say whoever you are, if you stayed in this forum a bit longer, you would end up being Seju lover or, at least, Seju empathizer. It's not the same case elsewhere, I think.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Tbh I thought Seju's storyline was pretty boring, I skipped through most of her dialogue.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Seju always ended up being a protagonist of the discussion here even when the story presented pretty slightly about her. I would say whoever you are, if you stayed in this forum a bit longer, you would end up being Seju lover or, at least, Seju empathizer. It's not the same case elsewhere, I think.

imo, Sungi x Sumin shippers want the fluff and fan service while Seju x Sumin fans like this pairing because of their story.

I'm not downplaying Sungji. but honestly what did she do to gain Sumin's trust other than her being the perfect, innocent girl? that's the only thing that makes her different from Sumin's past lover. nothing really comes into my mind. (I know she gave her "virginity" to Sumin but is that it?)

last edited at May 9, 2016 4:10PM

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

I'm not downplaying Sungji. but honestly what did she do to gain Sumin's trust other than her being the perfect, innocent girl? that's the only thing that makes her different from Sumin's past lover. nothing really comes into my mind. (I know she gave her "virginity" to Sumin but is that it?)

Do you want to know what Sungji has done for Sumin?

She is different to the other lovers not only for her innocent or because she gave her "virginity" to Sumin.

As Sumin said: “Sungji seems like she won´t listen, she is young and gets on her nerves, she is good to say unnecessary words, she is tough and reckless … it seems like Sungji makes her a bit dumb”

For me, Sungji earns my respect when she say not to the offer of having sex with Sumin once she knew her feelings. In other chapters you can see that Sungji didn´t press to Sumin, and that is an important fact, especially when Sumin is a fearful person who believes that is empty. Sungji can be the person who changes that opinion, who can demonstrate to Sumin that can be loved again.

I know that Seju was a perfect couple time ago but, now, both Sumin and Seju need to go after a cure for their wounds, and for me they can do it together. It is necessary a renewal.

I don´t know why some people say that Sungji and Sumin coulpe is good only for their tender moments, Sungji has demostrated how much care about health and wellness of her "team leader" and Sumin has again been more human, leastways, she cares Sungji, something that she had forgotten time ago with her others lovers. Moreover, that "sweets moments" are good for Sumin, because with its she started to trust again. and obviously not everything is solved but we are naive if we think that Sungji could fix all problems.. She is not an angel or and hero, she is someone who can teach to Sumin to love again, but no sort out her past.

last edited at May 9, 2016 5:40PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I also don't think all Sungji x Sumin shippers want the fluff and fan service. Most of those people may ship Sumin x Sungji because they believe in Sungji, imo. The mature Sungji was pretty cool. I still can't say much about Sungji though, all I can say is that I believe she is a person who will be able to heal Sumin one day. I have no idea how she could make Sumin turn totally cute and angelic around her, her sweetness maybe? However, that sure is a sign showing that Sumin's garbage life is being recycled, imo.

I do agree that Seju x Sumin fans like Seju x Sumin because of their story. It's true that Sumin x Seju's love story really is much deeper than Sumin x Sungji's, but if we think about it over again, we are comparing an almost 20 years love story with a less than one year one. How about giving Sumin x Sungji a bit more time to prove their love?

We can't really say Sumin trusts Sungji though since she hasn't told Sungji about her past yet.

And I agree with most of the things ShizukaAoki wrote.

last edited at May 9, 2016 10:08PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Tbh I thought Seju's storyline was pretty boring, I skipped through most of her dialogue.

Without reading those dialogues, you would find wdtfs comedic and romantic, I guess.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Without reading those dialogues, you would find wdtfs comedic and romantic, I guess.

I did read them, but not all of them.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I do agree that Seju x Sumin fans like Seju x Sumin because of their story. It's true that Sumin x Seju's love story really is much deeper than Sumin x Sungji's, but if we think about it over again, we are comparing an almost 20 years love story to a less than one year one. How about giving Sumin x Sungji a bit more time to prove their love?

That's true, but I always had a feeling that Sumin would not be able to stay with Sungji for ever.
I mean, even if the story ends with them, I'm still not convinced. Because being too sweet and accepting is not enough to keep a person like Sumin imo, even if the authors think otherwise.

joined May 4, 2016

When someone already don't like sth, whatever you say honestly doesn't matter anymore, they won't change, so just let them be =)). There are alot of people who think Seju is boring or thinking she doesn't deserve happiness for that one mistake she made. I don't really bother, she's not as perfect or innocent as Sungji, not become everyone's favourite like Sungji, but I like the way she is, I can't change the way they think of her so I don't pay attention anymore

joined May 4, 2016

I don't talk about Seju x Sumin since it seems like this couple is a dead-end and Sungji x Sumin is the author's main focus but we're talking about them, these are what comes to my mind whenever I thought about them.
1. Seju's love for Sumin is really amazing. 10 years being treated like that but she's still holding on tight and believe that they will be back to where they were one day? No sleeping around, no alcohol, no matter how crappy her situation is. It's amazing, you know? I don't say Sungji can't do this, but honestly I have hard time imagining Sungji go through all that for Sumin like Seju. So, honestly, if the author transform this love into some kind of family love or just plain obsession or let Seju move on with someone else, this love would probably lose it special meaning, imo, but, whatever, I'll just accept anything the author throws at me about Seju right now.
2. Sumin doesn't love Seju as much as Seju does. Because if she does, in those 10 years, at least once has she looked back, thought of what Seju has been enduring and tried to forgive. She didn't even try, all she think of is revenge and now her mind probably has Sungji as her main priority :).
3. Seju x Sumin proves that not all couples with the same background could end up happily ever after. They're like perfect for each other, they're both rich, pretty, perfect for each other, even being each other's first love, the kind of first love that makes you never ever forget.
4. I'll be very honest here. I like Seju x Sumin's love more than Sungji x Sumin's love :D. Yeah, probably because I'm being biased but I like the fact that their love doesn't have only fluff, tender moments, it has ups and downs (wow, a lottttttttttttt of downs). Maybe later teamblonde would have something to test how strong their love is but yeah, that's what I thought XD. IF Seju and Sumin ever got back together( I don't really believe it but I'll just say it for the sake of talking about their love), it would be pretty perfect ending for a first love you thought it would be very beautiful but in reality, it got a lot of obstacles, hurt and pains, a lot of pains, kinda like they went through alot to be where they finally ended up right now XD.

last edited at May 9, 2016 9:33PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

After seeing the mature Sungji, I'm pretty sure that she is more than capable of going through any kind of sufferings for Sumin. The only thing I'm concerned about her is whether Sumin is going to open up to her or not.

1. Seju x Sumin proves that not all couples with the same background could end up happily ever after. They're like perfect for each other, they're both rich, pretty, perfect for each other

What's wrong with being poor or ugly? XD It does exist a thing called "true love", you know. It makes me wonder if the glasses woman will end up with Choigun or not. Anyway, I think Sungji is not the poor, and obviously, she sure is as pretty as Seju is too.

last edited at May 10, 2016 3:59AM

joined Jan 17, 2016

. Sumin doesn't love Seju as much as Seju does. Because if she does, in those 10 years, at least once has she looked back, thought of what Seju has been enduring and tried to forgive. She didn't even try, all she think of is revenge and now her mind probably has Sungji as her main priority :)

I dont thinks thats 100% true ...i think sumin loves seju as much as she loves her( that untill she meet sungji i guess) but you see i was just like you wondering why seju loves sumin so much !? Sumin doesn't even desrve this like she doesn't even know how to forgive !؟ but when i found out around ch 50 that sumin was always in love with seju and compares everyone with seju and breaking up with them just to see seju is just really sad ! ...and the fact she was so worried that seju might kill herself after they broke up so she went back for her again and again every time she visists her family house even though seju cheated and her brother beat the hell out of her is pretty insanse ! So yeah i think sumin loves seju as much... her heart that cares for seju is still there its just covert with layers and layers of hatred and hurt !
So yeah sumin is so stubborn and had so much self proud so i thats is why its really hard for her to admmit that she's still in love with seju but when she finally realize it she's escaping from it

joined May 4, 2016

After seeing the mature Sungji, I'm pretty sure that she is more than capable of going through any kind of sufferings for Sumin. The only thing I'm concerned about her is whether Sumin is going to open up to her or not.

1. Seju x Sumin proves that not all couples with the same background could end up happily ever after. They're like perfect for each other, they're both rich, pretty, perfect for each other

What's wrong with being poor or ugly? XD It does exist a thing called "true love", you know. It makes me wonder if the glasses woman will end up with Choigun or not. Anyway, I think Sungji is not the poor, and obviously, she sure is as pretty as Seju is too.

You don't get what I meant XD. It's not about the poor or the rich. You can see in k-drama, it's always the rich fall in love with the poor then the drama begins =)). What I'm trying to say is and this is before Sungji comes to the picture XD, both Sumin and Seju has the same background, rich( very, very rich), pretty, etc, soooo perfect for each other. It seems like there would be no obstacles in their love, look at them, wow, they have everything, looks, money, alllllllllllllllllllllllll =))), they would just love, date, then get married and live happily ever after. No WDTFS then =))))), but guess not XD. I hope you got what I mean now XD

Maturity doesn't matter in this situation imo, that just means you user your mind more than your heart to decide everything, to be able to stay like Seju, honestly you have to be totally blind by love and stop using her mind loooooong ago, completely just follow your love. Seju is blind by love, she loves Sumin too much to give up on her so she puts up with everything even the crappiest. Sungji is different, she loves Sumin, that's for sure, but how deep is that love, we don't know, not yet at least and we can't judge by 2 chapters and a few words to say she can't put up a 10 years in agony like Seju, it's not 1 or 2 days, its 10 years being an outsider, sex partner when your love is bored, it's a loooooooong time. Sorry, this is just my personal thought but to make me believe she could do that, she has to prove more

last edited at May 10, 2016 5:49AM

joined May 4, 2016

. Sumin doesn't love Seju as much as Seju does. Because if she does, in those 10 years, at least once has she looked back, thought of what Seju has been enduring and tried to forgive. She didn't even try, all she think of is revenge and now her mind probably has Sungji as her main priority :)

I dont thinks thats 100% true ...i think sumin loves seju as much as she loves her( that untill she meet sungji i guess) but you see i was just like you wondering why seju loves sumin so much !? Sumin doesn't even desrve this like she doesn't even know how to forgive !؟ but when i found out around ch 50 that sumin was always in love with seju and compares everyone with seju and breaking up with them just to see seju is just really sad ! ...and the fact she was so worried that seju might kill herself after they broke up so she went back for her again and again every time she visists her family house even though seju cheated and her brother beat the hell out of her is pretty insanse ! So yeah i think sumin loves seju as much... her heart that cares for seju is still there its just covert with layers and layers of hatred and hurt !
So yeah sumin is so stubborn and had so much self proud so i thats is why its really hard for her to admmit that she's still in love with seju but when she finally realize it she's escaping from it

Nah, I think it's too late already XD. Sumin and Sungji's relationship has become tighter and tighter each day goes by XD, so the day Sumin could ever admit she still loves Seju would probably is the day she also says "I love you but as a friend, a dear person in my life and I'm in love with Sungji - ssi", no more XD. It's the only acceptable ending with the way team Gaji is heading now but honestly, I'm disappointed XD, I'm hoping for some more shocking endings XD, but absolutely no - no to a Seju dying or Seju turn psycho or Seju being the damsel in distress, Sumin goes back then leaves her at the end. I'm gonna buried WDTFS if it's like that XDDDDDDD

joined Jan 17, 2016

Sorry but their is not a world where sumin can tell seju "i love you as friend" are you kidding ?! just no !! Like seriously a family maybe a freind NO !!
Yeah i too wish for unpredictable ending cuz teamblonde endgame is just so blahh to me now
Sorry but I'm not buying sumin is obviously forcing herself

joined Dec 9, 2014
  1. Seju's love for Sumin is really amazing. 10 years being treated like that but she's still holding on tight and believe that they will be back to where they were one day? No sleeping around, no alcohol, no matter how crappy her situation is.

This is the first reason why I liked Seju. Despite her situation being really crappy, she has still managed to not do fucked up things. She is pretty loyal to Sumin. One could argue that Sumin is all she has, but this also shows something about her character too.
Sumin on the other hand has been acting really selfish and reckless. Of course she is dealing with her problems differently, because everyone acts the same.
In the first chapters I was expecting Seju to sleep around too, but she didn't.

So yeah i think sumin loves seju as much... her heart that cares for seju is still there its just covert with layers and layers of hatred and hurt !

I agree. Not sure if Sumin loves Seju exactly the same. I thought she only cared for her as a person, but after chapter 50 (?) it is confirmed she is still in love with her. We can't really be sure whether this love is as much as Seju has for her, but I do think it is buried below her hurt and pain that Seju gave her.

Sumin seems like a person who can't really let go tbh. A lot of the things she has been doing in the past was from the hurt she had, and the fact that she couldn't move on (not that this is wrong, she did have a lot of reasons to be hurt).
And yet, her actions even now with Sungji prove that she is not good at moving on. Because instead of taking some time for herself to deal with her feelings for the past and for Seju, yet again, she is trying to avoid them by using Sungji. She probably doesn't even realise that though.

last edited at May 10, 2016 9:32AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Put some faith on Sungji too, can't you guys? :D her love can be amazing too. Can't you see it that all the compliments for Seju are possible to be delivered to Sungji as well? The only one thing Sungji can never compare to Seju is the fact that Seju came first and she came last.

last edited at May 10, 2016 1:19PM

LuxEtVeritas
Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

You don't get what I meant XD. It's not about the poor or the rich. You can see in k-drama, it's always the rich fall in love with the poor then the drama begins =)). What I'm trying to say is and this is before Sungji comes to the picture XD, both Sumin and Seju has the same background, rich( very, very rich), pretty, etc, soooo perfect for each other. It seems like there would be no obstacles in their love, look at them, wow, they have everything, looks, money, alllllllllllllllllllllllll =))), they would just love, date, then get married and live happily ever after. No WDTFS then =))))), but guess not XD. I hope you got what I mean now XD

I was going to continue my lurkfest but this bothered me. I'm wondering how old you are now (or how many relationships you've been in and/or observed); just because a couple seems perfect and fitting for each other, with all the "right things" to make people happy, such as wealth/good looks, does not mean they would never have any problems in their lives afterwards and "live happily ever after," as you put it.

Both Seju and Sumin have had their share of shitstorms in their lives: Sumin's parents dying overseas, Sumin getting scarred for life by Sehyun, Seju's 10 years of unrequited love/pining for Sumin, Seju being essentially disowned and treated like crap for her illegitimacy, etc.

Sumin clearly has self-esteem issues that lead to her self-destructive tendencies, including her propensity to drink, smoke, and sleep with all kinds of girls who can't give her the love/affection she desires (supposedly compared to Seju as Sumin had idealized her and their relationship before.) And we've all discussed Seju enough at this point, I don't need to clarify her own flaws.

My point being, that no relationship can ever be ideal or perfect. Seju and Sumin have had a very tumultuous relationship over the past 10 years, not perfect by any means. I happen to love Sumin x Sungji because it reminds me of those puppy love relationships, where happiness can be found in anything and everything your partner does.

Yet.

Even in SuminxSungji does that ideal relationship not exist. Sumin has volatile mood swings that lead to her often uncharacteristic actions (people were very surprised at the couple rings situation last chapter) or just straight-up douchebaggery moves (such as giving Sungji the cold shoulder for 3 days after their impromptu end to their vacation together in Jeju.) Sungji herself also, as someone else pointed out earlier, acts recklessly and without much thought to her actions; there are some instances where it's clear her lovesick attitude with Sumin (wanting to experiment with nicknames and try out lots of "first" activities on dates) bothers/irritates/tires Sumin. (although Sungji seems pretty aware of this and tries to reign it down sometimes)

TL;DR: Each of the three main characters have their own issues, their own lives, that are being presented in this story. No love is truly a fairytale love. WDTFS could well have happened even if Seju and Sumin stayed together. God knows Seju's backstory is enough plot drama to fuel a spinoff.

To reply you must either login or sign up.