Forum › Posts by LuxEtVeritas

Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

I just woke up and my thoughts are all over the place, excuse my lack of cohesion.

The story relies pretty heavily on showing scenes that the POV character comments on offhandedly, the dialogue seems sparse but it's exactly that sparseness (or rather, lack of explicit detail) that makes this so interesting to read. It's much more like a film than it is a light novel, the panels speak much more than the text. Seeing how the past 3 chapters all link together is wonderful, in a way it makes the story suffer from these sporadic translation updates, not that that's anyone's fault ofc! (I need to learn how to read Japanese so I can gobble up the raws...) I also especially love how cognizant and intuitive the characters here are, but not to where it's crime show drama detective level. They can all sense something's wrong or off, and they have an implicit sense of what exactly it is, but what's especially nice is the realism in their interactions, not everyone can be as direct and straightforward as Kurokawa and Fujishiro in Useless Princesses. Seeing You, who has generally always maintained this gap between her real, selfish, rude and cynical nsture and her outward agreeable yet shallow persona, suddenly realize she's become more invested in someone who is much more honest and direct than she is (the mere fact Hana cries a lot in front of her) all due to Hana throwing out more of her personal info/backstory so casually... I wonder if You feels like she should do the same and share her familial situation with Hana, and in a broader sense, become more honest with s o m e o n e rather than keeping this distance from everyone. Character development is great, I can't wait to see how You/Hana will resolve this.

Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

Revived my dynasty scans account to post here. I've been bad at keeping up with all the yummy great yuri manga updates, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this has had 8 chapters since I first read the opening chapter.

I'm also surprised no one has commented on the obvious connection of Mimi's mother being the one who was sacrificed to resurrect her daughter, and Shiina's motherly actions towards Mimi (as pointed out by Ari and Seiran, and pretty much every single page Shiina and Mimi are together.) It made me wonder if Shiina is possibly a descendant/relative of Mimi's mother/bloodline.

side note: Seiran is literally me in regards to anything that happens involving Shiina, I screamed out loud when both Mimi and Shiina's numbers were called out (cue Seiran standing up and yelling SHIINA!!!!!)

I think the nurse is pretty confident in how things will turn out regarding Shiina's knowledge of the forbidden magicks and the other senpai knowing that she's scheming something. Her healing ability and experimental tendencies (like when she just told Mimi to heal herself instead of the nurse doing it, as Mimi has referenced before) are likely related to Shiina's roommate's death (isn't it suspicious her roommate dies just as Mimi comes along and needs a roommate?), and Shiina meeting up with Mimi and the nurse in the first chapter before the big reveal (nurse must be planning something big time).

Next concern is Ari and Seiran... why did Seiran speak of doing a resurrection spell, right in front of Ari's eyes? The first read makes you assume it'd be that Seiran would sacrifice herself for Ari, but doing it in front of her eyes seems to imply that Ari would still be alive? and if so, why would Seiran be speaking about a resurrection spell, unless it's not? What if it's some other forbidden magic spell we don't know about yet? (like, the story hasn't revealed it to us yet, but the students have learned about it already) hohum so many theories.

LuxEtVeritas
Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

Those of you who sympathized with and truly supported Seju, you are kind and sensitive souls.
From the beginning of this manhwa, I already disliked Seju. I found her manipulative and, yes, an obstacle to Sumin and Sungji's love. Yes, she made the plot more interesting (otherwise it would be a fluffy budding relationship manhwa) and her background and past have aged us all a few years from the anxiety they produced, but regardless, I believe Seju served her purpose well, of a typical k-drama antagonist.
As someone who watches k-dramas (god why do I even, though?), I saw this ending (and this plot device of flashbacks to that previous chapter) from miles away. A shame Team Gaji fell down this path, but I am also relieved because I do want further explication of Sungji and Sumin's relationship after this shitstorm of a conflict. Perhaps I am too focused on the shipping. We all read for different reasons though.

Either way, Team Pink fans, I hope that the next underdog character you fall in love with does not disappoint you in the end. Seju manipulated everyone, even her fans.

LuxEtVeritas
Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

You don't get what I meant XD. It's not about the poor or the rich. You can see in k-drama, it's always the rich fall in love with the poor then the drama begins =)). What I'm trying to say is and this is before Sungji comes to the picture XD, both Sumin and Seju has the same background, rich( very, very rich), pretty, etc, soooo perfect for each other. It seems like there would be no obstacles in their love, look at them, wow, they have everything, looks, money, alllllllllllllllllllllllll =))), they would just love, date, then get married and live happily ever after. No WDTFS then =))))), but guess not XD. I hope you got what I mean now XD

I was going to continue my lurkfest but this bothered me. I'm wondering how old you are now (or how many relationships you've been in and/or observed); just because a couple seems perfect and fitting for each other, with all the "right things" to make people happy, such as wealth/good looks, does not mean they would never have any problems in their lives afterwards and "live happily ever after," as you put it.

Both Seju and Sumin have had their share of shitstorms in their lives: Sumin's parents dying overseas, Sumin getting scarred for life by Sehyun, Seju's 10 years of unrequited love/pining for Sumin, Seju being essentially disowned and treated like crap for her illegitimacy, etc.

Sumin clearly has self-esteem issues that lead to her self-destructive tendencies, including her propensity to drink, smoke, and sleep with all kinds of girls who can't give her the love/affection she desires (supposedly compared to Seju as Sumin had idealized her and their relationship before.) And we've all discussed Seju enough at this point, I don't need to clarify her own flaws.

My point being, that no relationship can ever be ideal or perfect. Seju and Sumin have had a very tumultuous relationship over the past 10 years, not perfect by any means. I happen to love Sumin x Sungji because it reminds me of those puppy love relationships, where happiness can be found in anything and everything your partner does.

Yet.

Even in SuminxSungji does that ideal relationship not exist. Sumin has volatile mood swings that lead to her often uncharacteristic actions (people were very surprised at the couple rings situation last chapter) or just straight-up douchebaggery moves (such as giving Sungji the cold shoulder for 3 days after their impromptu end to their vacation together in Jeju.) Sungji herself also, as someone else pointed out earlier, acts recklessly and without much thought to her actions; there are some instances where it's clear her lovesick attitude with Sumin (wanting to experiment with nicknames and try out lots of "first" activities on dates) bothers/irritates/tires Sumin. (although Sungji seems pretty aware of this and tries to reign it down sometimes)

TL;DR: Each of the three main characters have their own issues, their own lives, that are being presented in this story. No love is truly a fairytale love. WDTFS could well have happened even if Seju and Sumin stayed together. God knows Seju's backstory is enough plot drama to fuel a spinoff.

LuxEtVeritas
Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

LuxEtVeritas

Completely agree. Watched Taeyeon on a concert a week ago, and hell she's killin it. Sumin and Taeyeon are both a bit emo too.

You were at Jakarta?! Jealous :C

But yeah, they're both emo, keep their emotions to themselves, bottle everything inside until it all explodes. I feel like we all need to hold a therapy session for the three girls.

LuxEtVeritas
Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

I just wonder why fans didn't ask if they drew the characters based on SNSD's girls. Because that was a hot topic that readers discussed a lot before.

As an SNSD fan myself, I don't think Team Gaji drew it based on ALL the members of SNSD. Taeyeon's the only one who has an incredible amount of similarity to Sumin, down to their mannerisms, style of clothing, and even their depressing thoughts. (There's one person in here who keeps saying Taeyeon looks too girly compared to Sumin, but as a fan of Taeyeon, I can assure you she is one helluva badass when she is on stage/wants to be.)

Edit: Sooyoung as Nami can make sense too, what with their jokester personality, wittiness, and tendency to call out Taeyeon/Sumin on their lack of height.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 11:58PM

LuxEtVeritas
Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

Team Blonde here. Been lurking in this thread for a month, but you guys tend to move the thread so quickly, it's hard to join in.

I'll pitch in my 2 cents here on the latest chapter, focusing more on Sungji's presence in the chapter since it seems like you've all analyzed Seju and Sumin pretty thoroughly.

When Sungji finally appeared with her "Team Leader, right now, the one next to you is me" and her hand outstretched, I viewed it as Sumin being aware of Sungji's want to help Sumin out (via their relationship), even if Sumin doesn't seem to reciprocate or accept that help.

Immediately after that panel though, comes redhead seducing Sungji and saying that Sungji's too good for Sumin. Since Sumin seems to be analyzing her relationships and doing some introspection of herself at that point, I think it's safe to say that Sumin believes Sungji's too good for her, and that she fears Sungji will leave her for another woman, since Sumin's a "garbage-like person" and "an empty shell."

What hurts my heart is that (at least, this is how I interpreted it) Sumin responds negatively when asked if "there's someone who'd hold an empty shell like you," and that someone was, I believe, Sungji. Sumin recognizes Sungji's presence in her life and her infatuation with Sumin that's a lot more refreshing and carefree than her relationship with Seju, yet Sumin still doesn't seem to want Sungji to "heal" her.

It's possible Sumin's just being a depressed piece of shit since her mind's breaking down at the possibility of no longer having Seju and she's not thinking straight, hence her clouded view of Sungji, but alas, this story has become so unpredictable, it's hard to even test the waters ahead since everything's so ambiguous.

LuxEtVeritas
Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

I'm surprised no one's commented on Seju's manipulative abilities (or the possibility of them.) Yes, people discussed her being manipulative when considering how she hired Sungji and asked Sumin how she felt about the newcomer, to which Sumin says "Don't you know what I like?" -insert Seju smirk-

In chapter 45, I believe we see some more of that manipulation. The opening line is "Coincidence or not."

OR NOT.

Highly possible Seju has been causing Sumin's breakups with other women (or speeding up the inevitable breakups, since Sumin seems to pick incompatible people in the first place.)
Notice how Seju observes the redhead chatting with her plus-one (implied to be a boyfriend/lover of sorts.) The redhead then leaves to meet Sumin, and Seju smiles/smirks, repeating the opening phrase.

I believe Seju later met with the redhead's boyfriend which may have caused an uproar at the company. It's unclear who beat Sumin, though. Still, Seju is a force to be reckoned with, since she inadvertently (or not :) ) controls a lot of what Sumin goes through (Saehyun beating her previously, meeting Sungji, expensive cars, etc.)

Apologies for any errors, typing on phone is annoying as always. Would love to hear your thoughts.