Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Rei seems to be conspiring with Touko. ^_^

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Wow, it's been nearly a year now and I still love this just as much as when it started. More, in fact! Thank you very much, scanlators, if you happen to be reading this. I know it's been a while but this was well worth the wait.

joined Dec 17, 2013

I knew it!!!

kagakujinjya
Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

I think this will not end happily...

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

damn, chapter dropping, that was nice. Especially love the special. XD

joined Jun 7, 2015

Are you kidding me. We never have any LGBTQ works license here in my country. The entire creatures of the government are all homophobic.

Not sure if the government has anything to do with manga licences. >.> Though it may depend on the country.

In my country, yes, the government has its own department handling the censorship of every media (tv show, film, comics etc etc) ;-;
They'll consider LGBTQ as destroying the moral of the nation or whatever they call it. Sadly though, they don't realize that the thing which destroy our morals is the unqualified tv shows. Basically the tv shows are full of crap and shits

Ahh.. You mean that country is Indonesia right?

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

YYYYEEEEESSSSS HOW I LIIIIIKEEEEE the stories where literally every girl is a lesbian, bless you, mangaka, I'd send her or him millions of kisses if I could. Takemiya-sensei approves fully 3

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

They take off the honorifics? Like, -san, -chan, -senpai and such?
Hmm that's kinda a bummer, cus it indicates how close x ppl are with others

There are 2 schools to translate it. Either leave it the way it is with honorifics etc or try to localization it. It was actually quite common in old subs to just use characters first names even though you clearly hear them saying their surnames. Anyway, the second option isn't bad per se if you manage to express their relationship in same way. Some language have easier way to do it than others but in general while it is always better to translate everything, I prefer to leave honorifics, names order etc in japanese because I don't think there is a 100% good way to capture it in translation. The downside of this is of course the fact you expect your reader to know and be aware about those differences and honorifics meanings.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

Are you kidding me. We never have any LGBTQ works license here in my country. The entire creatures of the government are all homophobic.

Not sure if the government has anything to do with manga licences. >.> Though it may depend on the country.

In my country, yes, the government has its own department handling the censorship of every media (tv show, film, comics etc etc) ;-;
They'll consider LGBTQ as destroying the moral of the nation or whatever they call it. Sadly though, they don't realize that the thing which destroy our morals is the unqualified tv shows. Basically the tv shows are full of crap and shits

(I signed in just to say this) hello fellow indonesians let's plot a rebellion so that we could get our legal yuri fix

joined Jun 7, 2015

(I signed in just to say this) hello fellow indonesians let's plot a rebellion so that we could get our legal yuri fix

I would join if its for yuri.. Hahaha..
Are you from indonesian too?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

One thing I hate about France's manga publishing is that they cannot use their own translated title and overuse English titles.

Yes! That's the thing that really irritates me in our French editions. It's one thing when it's the original title, but when I see "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso" coming out as "Your Lie in April" or "Kimi no Iru Machi" as "A Town Where You Live", I just... ugh. I don't even see the point: do they seriously think those titles are more evocative to a French reader than "Le Mensonge d'avril" or "Là où tu vis"?

Regarding the translations, it really depends on the editors. Ki-Oon does gorgeous editions and very good translations, but they do have this annoying tendency to replace last names by first names (and yes, to use English titles). Thankfully it's usually in series where first/last name basis doesn't really affect character development, but if they did it in a series like Jitsu wa Watashi wa, I'd be pissed. But they're actually in the minority, most editors keep the original basis − after all, it's not hard for a Western reader to understand that a first-name basis indicates closer proximity. Which is not really the case with Japanese honorifics if you're not familiar with them.

For that matter, I also can't understand why we (and the Japanese themselves!) invert the Japanese naming order, even though we don't do that for Chinese or Korean names.

…And I've gone completely off-topic, sorry. m(_ _)m

last edited at May 9, 2016 10:28AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Don't complain too much about manga in French.

France is lucky to have tons of manga translated, most of the time with excellent quality, and with a very wide range of genres (not only the latest shounen that's in fashion). At some point (dunno if it's still the case) France was the second market in volume for manga after Japan.

For the average people, who don't really care about the specifics of honorifics, it's great.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Why not just make a new thread for all this?

joined Jun 7, 2015

Its a great manga, but why yuriproject dropped this?

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

That feeling when Sensei entered into the cafe, pinging yuri instantly. Then it was confirmed~ Very nice adult pairing!
And I'm really loving Touko and Yuu's perspectives on this.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Everytime I think it can't get more complicated it does. But I have to say, it's kind of interesting to read and I have no idea how this could end.

BolbyNasution
Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

I found comrades in this thread. Bless this series

Cjslpfhukaagkoe
joined Nov 11, 2015

The sis sending the pic lol
Nice job!

+1, count me in

last edited at May 9, 2016 1:28PM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Wow, it's been nearly a year now and I still love this just as much as when it started. More, in fact! Thank you very much, scanlators, if you happen to be reading this. I know it's been a while but this was well worth the wait.

100 percent agreed! Thank you scanlator people for taking time out of your lives to do this work!

NobodySpecialxxxx
Akarriiii.png
joined Dec 5, 2015

She's too cute! (/>//w//<)/ Gah! I'm rooting for them!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

REI-_Rei posted:

Its a great manga, but why yuriproject dropped this?

Cos it got licensed. And yes before you say anything, Citrus got licensed too but for some reason they didn't drop it or there was no issue with keeping on uploading it here.

Lkjhgf
joined May 9, 2016

Omg im getting addicted to this story

Doctoraaaaaa
joined Apr 14, 2015

the last page: owwwwn ^w^

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

So the manager was the teacher's student? Always love when the adults turn out to be yuri as well!

joined May 1, 2016

I really love where this series is going. Everyone is chasing after love but aren't even sure who they love, or if they can when they actually do. To love is to put someones needs above your own, which is what informs the actors actions. Nanami-san actually loves her senpai, and continues to support her regardless of her feelings of confusion. Which is, the lack of a crush in her love. Whereas, the president seems to be crushing on her kouhai but is actually loving the memory of her sister (siscon?) and trying to do right by it; In her own mind, at least.

last edited at May 9, 2016 8:59PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.