Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Is there a way to upload stuff in a webcomic fashion? I've been typesetting a few 4koma series from pixiv with translations taken from danbooru and I find that they don't really have any place to go.

That sounds like something that could go into the images section. When you are done you can submit an Upload Request for them.

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Is there going to be an upload interface specifically for image uploads?

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Is there going to be an upload interface specifically for image uploads?

The plan is to allow anyone to upload images, but each image will have to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

last edited at Oct 10, 2013 5:47PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

mmm... There is Hidamari Sketch Story Anthology and Hidamari Sketch Anthology. The first volume is from Story, but the second vol is from just Anthology. I know that can be confusing (if you want to know Hidamari Sketch Anthology Vol 1 was translated but it is incomplete, there are missing raw chapters, which is why I didnt submit it. I am told not much is missing from it...)

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

mmm... There is Hidamari Sketch Story Anthology and Hidamari Sketch Anthology. The first volume is from Story, but the second vol is from just Anthology. I know that can be confusing (if you want to know Hidamari Sketch Anthology Vol 1 was translated but it is incomplete, there are missing raw chapters, which is why I didnt submit it. I am told not much is missing from it...)

I just want to make things clear:

Hidamari Sketch Story Anthology: Vol 1 Translated (uploaded)

Hidamari Sketch Anthology: Vol 1 Partial translation (missing raws, not uploaded)

Hidamari Sketch Anthology: Vol 2 Translated (uploaded)

Hidamari Sketch Anthology: Vol 3 Raws (some anon in /a/ says is going to do it.)

Hidamari Sketch Anthology: Vol 4 Raws

Hidamari Sketch Anthology: Vol 5 Raws

There is no Hidamari Sketch Story Anthology Vol 2 at the moment.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Gotta love the JP naming schemes for these things. I'll split up the two volumes.
Thanks for clarifying!

last edited at Oct 13, 2013 11:45PM

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Have you figured out a way to suggest tags, yet? Last I heard was "we're working on it" which was around page 1 of this thread lol

Also, on the http://dynasty-scans.com/user/suggestions page, could you guys give an explanation of why, if a particular tag is rejected?

last edited at Oct 14, 2013 5:06AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Isn't really a priority atm, there are a bunch of things higher on my to do list.

If you think something deserves a tag that doesn't exist, post about it in this thread.

last edited at Oct 14, 2013 3:07PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

my home, my love

pg 27, “You’re thinking really deeply about are future together. aren’t you!?”

it should be “You’re thinking really deeply about our future together.”

fixed by yuri-ism

http://i.imgur.com/4Bc6skP.png

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yup yup. Fixed now.

joined Aug 9, 2013

I have a problem with the site. I just dowded one chapter and it instantly tells me that I have already reached the limit of downloads.
I was told that it has something to do with IDM but I do not know how to fix it. Anyone who can help?

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Don't use a download accelerator. They are purposefully not supported.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Download managers work by essentially opening up multiple instances of the download at once, each of which counts against the 8 per day.

Just quoting omn from page 3, for a little further info.

last edited at Oct 18, 2013 4:07PM

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

i can't seem to add the tag Sei x Youko for these:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuzzy_pain
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/infection
it always says "can't be blank"

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

i can't seem to add the tag Sei x Youko for these:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuzzy_pain
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/infection
it always says "can't be blank"

If the tag isn't selectable in the drop-down menu, you can't suggest it. The only reason this will happen is if the tag does not exist. I've created this one and added it to those two stories.

As things with the system stand now, if there's a tag you want to suggest that does not exist, you're welcome to post here and we can create it (so long as it's accurate, anyway).

Thanks, by the way.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

How about a subscription on a forum topic . Once you subscribe, whenever someone comments (or replies to your comments), you get notified.

Note: not notified through email but directly here in this website. A notifications center.

last edited at Oct 20, 2013 5:56AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Can I change my account name? I know you guys aren't like tumblr and let you do it whenever u want. Or at least delete my account. Thank you.

joined Aug 9, 2013

Don't use a download accelerator. They are purposefully not supported.

So how do I fix my problem?
Uninstall IDM?

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

How about a subscription on a forum topic . Once you subscribe, whenever someone comments (or replies to your comments), you get notified.

Note: not notified through email but directly here in this website. A notifications center.

Maybe, but probably not. Would require adding a lot of extra functionality just for that. So would only be a part of a larger notifications overhaul, which I have no plans for atm.

On my list is to add a "Participated" filter to the forums. So you'll be able to show only topics you have posted in.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Can I change my account name? I know you guys aren't like tumblr and let you do it whenever u want. Or at least delete my account. Thank you.

Yea. Can send me an email (my username at dynasty-scans.com) with what you want to change it to.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I remember uploading a bunch of comics on a single folder, one of them contained a comic titled "Taming your Titan" or something, did you get that?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, we did. Not sure why it isn't up yet. I'll check in a minute, and if we're good to go, then I'll upload it as well.

joined Nov 11, 2010

lolwut. I just noticed, here, that pictures for the Saki pairing Yumi x Momoko (or more regularly, Yumi x Momo; or even more regularly, the Japanese equivalent KajuMomo (where Kajiki is Yumi's last name)) are being grouped under the Momoka x Yuri (from (Heartcatch) Precure) tag.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

That's very silly, thanks and fixed.

I feel a bit sad that I did that to at least one of them, as KajuMomo is one of my favorites.

To reply you must either login or sign up.