Forum › The Heir of the Curse discussion

joined Feb 2, 2016

The last panel of the last page makes me worried... Can anyone read the highlighted thread on the website?

I second this

The village was destroyed by a mudslide.

Is that why she can't leave the. Village

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Disappointed by the rather stark nonconsensuality in this one. I hope the other stories from this collection are better. A shame too, I thought the art was quite nice.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This shoild have a magic babies tag.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Can futanari x girl be considered yuri if we talk about yuri pregnancy aspect ?

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

It's funny, normally I really, really don't like rapey stories. Really. But I didn't even process that that's what this started out as until I read it the second time. Now I'm conflicted. Especially knowing what the last bit means. Actually, the last bit about the village kinda ruined it for me. I don't really want to read the rest of the stories now. Sigh, and could've been such a great romance, too.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Krickey posted:

I don't really want to read the rest of the stories now.

Two other stories are totally unconnected except for the fact that woman gets other woman pregnant. It is anthology of similarly themed stories (from what I can tell).

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 10:30AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

The desperation that lead the cursed woman to drug and rape the girl she had loved since childhood was very sad. I got the sense that the fact that she wasn't allowed to leave the village and her love definitely didn't want to stay there pushed her over the edge. The fact that, if she had tried to seduce her honestly, she probably would have gotten the same result, since the other woman had loved her since she was young as well, makes it slightly tragic. The fact that the impregnation didn't occur until after consent had been given helps make the story a bit easier to handle.

Evidently the last panel has a new story in the background stating that the village they left was destroyed by a landslide... One wonders how the mother of the heir to the curse will take that? After all, it was her choice to take her love out of the village that lead to its destruction... Seems like a recipe for serious guilt...

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I really want to like this, but the author running that extra mile to show the "curse" as negative as posible (even the last scene with them as a couple fades into darkness in the last panel) seriously annoys me. Is the rest of the antology like this, or is there a happier manga?

joined Aug 19, 2012

I really want to like this, but the author running that extra mile to show the "curse" as negative as posible (even the last scene with them as a couple fades into darkness in the last panel) seriously annoys me. Is the rest of the antology like this, or is there a happier manga?

Nah. The third chapter is straight up consensual and happier, 2nd one kinda rapey too but ended on better note I guess.

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 2:53PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

"Yui, you can bare my children."

Hold up, WHAT did she just say? lmao

Orenji-kun Uploader
Pretty_ranger_icon
Yuri-Bot Scans
joined Feb 17, 2016

I find it kind of funny how so many people have a problem with this because of the rape, but the whole point of it is that it's totally wrong and not sexy at all even though they both love each other. It's obviously done out of desperation, and it isn't until Yui snaps Ichika back to reality with a line from their childhood and Ichika confesses that Yui forgives her and the diabetes factor goes through the roof. That and the great art are why I jumped on this work as soon as I saw it.

Faust posted:

Faust posted:

This is one of the stories mentioned in that thread by EvilDevil no? "there is a yuri anthology where girls can impregnate other girls"

Yes it is first story. I'm surprised it got translated and so fast after Evil posted it.

Maybe it was already in the works, or perhaps EvilDevil bringing it up caught a scanlator's attention
Either way it's kind of awesome, I was curious to know what it was about

It was posted on exhentai 2 days ago so they basically done it in 2 days. That is why I'm both surprised and amazed. Also I was sure it was kind of work nobody would touch.

And yeah, as a one man team, it really only takes me 1 or 2 days to scanlate a chapter. My top priority is school, but I'm always keeping an eye out for any pure yuri worth translating.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I'll say that Ichika x Yui want to live together freely without restriction. I think that the village destroyed by landslide is a result of thousand years "karma" (maybe).

2015-01-21%2018.42.01%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2015

i like the mythical aspect of the curse, other than that i don't see it as a curse...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I find it kind of funny how so many people have a problem with this because of the rape, but the whole point of it is that it's totally wrong and not sexy at all even though they both love each other. It's obviously done out of desperation, and it isn't until Yui snaps Ichika back to reality with a line from their childhood and Ichika confesses that Yui forgives her and the diabetes factor goes through the roof. That and the great art are why I jumped on this work as soon as I saw it.

Faust posted:

Faust posted:

This is one of the stories mentioned in that thread by EvilDevil no? "there is a yuri anthology where girls can impregnate other girls"

Yes it is first story. I'm surprised it got translated and so fast after Evil posted it.

Maybe it was already in the works, or perhaps EvilDevil bringing it up caught a scanlator's attention
Either way it's kind of awesome, I was curious to know what it was about

It was posted on exhentai 2 days ago so they basically done it in 2 days. That is why I'm both surprised and amazed. Also I was sure it was kind of work nobody would touch.

And yeah, as a one man team, it really only takes me 1 or 2 days to scanlate a chapter. My top priority is school, but I'm always keeping an eye out for any pure yuri worth translating.

Good job buddy, thank you for doing this :D

Btw:
"I am her descendant* "

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 11:12PM

Untitled
joined Oct 6, 2013

This looks illogical but is it really possible for a girl who is going "noooo nooo, this is wrong! I have nothing to do with your curse!" To a "yes I love you because you are the same girl from my childhood except bigger and more beautiful so I shall have your babies to carry on the curse together" in a 360 degree turn style in less than a panel? I find it off-putting for some reason. It feels like a typical hentai set up -_-

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

Best curse ever

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

so much kek

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Can I have this "curse" please? :3

Wil you share a bit with me?

Sure, let's all be cursed!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This looks illogical but is it really possible for a girl who is going "noooo nooo, this is wrong! I have nothing to do with your curse!" To a "yes I love you because you are the same girl from my childhood except bigger and more beautiful so I shall have your babies to carry on the curse together" in a 360 degree turn style in less than a panel? I find it off-putting for some reason. It feels like a typical hentai set up -_-

the sequence makes sense in hentai world

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

at least they explained where the baby came from this time. Instead of Science baby shouldn't it be Magic baby?
is it bad I want to see a squeal to this ?
I want to see them with their happy family and their child.

last edited at Apr 24, 2016 12:13PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

dat "mud fell, everybody died" tho lol

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ushio posted:

Instead of Science baby shouldn't it be Magic baby?

none posted:

Science babies tag, but was used with magic.

Clarke's law ;p

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ushio posted:

Instead of Science baby shouldn't it be Magic baby?

none posted:

Science babies tag, but was used with magic.

Clarke's law ;p

Sufficiently advanced magic babies are indistinguishable from science babies.

joined Jan 17, 2014

It would be great if this had a sequel.

joined Oct 30, 2015

. . . ................. Hm... I might've been just sleepy. Must re-read that again.

To reply you must either login or sign up.