Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Sumin is located in a rift. The authors have placed the story at a crossroads. It's not assume anything. Seju for the first time said to Sumin which is substantially on the breaking point. Sumiin for the first time is admitting they still have feelings. But what feelings?
Now it's up to Sunji to clarify. She is unaware of all, I think it's time for her to ask what's between her and Seju. Seju that she saw get into Sumin home. Sunji: some questions about it ???? Let's go.

joined Oct 11, 2014

Hi everyone. I usually just read and never post, because english is not my motherlanguage, but this time I want to tell my opinion.
Since the beginning of the story, Sumin is constantly compares what she has now with Sunjii with what she had with Seju. She does compares with the flashback she has. Also Sunjii is very different from Sumin. She will not end up being intoxicated. She is strong, smart and deep. Sumin is in love with Seju and I think more then Sunjii. The jealousy she has shown in the previous chapter is the proof of that. Even if she has Sunjii now, even if she's "happy", that reaction to Seju is just too much!
I'm on Seju side, and I'd really want her to end up with Sumin. I do believe this, because the authors are always showing to us that Sunjii is not like Sumin. Also I think it will be Sunjii herself to tell to Sumin to go to her real love.
Sorry for my bad english

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Sumin does indeed compare Sungji with Seju. In fact, this chapter we learned that she was comparing her ex gfs with Seju as well. And then finding an excuse like "She couldn't do it as good as you" to go back to Seju.

But, it is not clear if the difference between Seju and Sungji means this. It is also possible to be there as a symbol that Seju was bad for Sumin, even if they loved each other. And Sungji, being different, is the person that will break this cycle. But for this to happen, we need to see more of Sungji taking action from this point on.

If you consider how Gaji came up with Seju later, and the story was originally about Sumin and Sungji, this could also be a sign who is endgame.
I find it hard to believe that in the end Sungji will stay alone. My best guess now is that she will help Sumin let go of her wounds from the past and from Seju and move on. I think they will be together, but she will agree that Sumin should stay on Seju's side and help her as a friend.
But who knows...

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sumin is in love with Seju and I think more then Sunjii. The jealousy she has shown in the previous chapter is the proof of that. Even if she has Sunjii now, even if she's "happy", that reaction to Seju is just too much!

We still can't tell whether Sumin is in love with Seju MORE than she is with Sungji because we have never seen any reactions Sumin would have if Sungji slept with someone else or did anything that would make Sumin jealous.

I'm on Seju side, and I'd really want her to end up with Sumin. I do believe this, because the authors are always showing to us that Sunjii is not like Sumin.

Seju ending up with Sumin is still just a possibility, there is no guarantee that it's gonna happen in my opinion. Yes, Sungji is way too different from Sumin, but does Sumin like her own kind? I would also say Seju is not like Sumin either.

Also I think it will be Sunjii herself to tell to Sumin to go to her real love.

I think this is highly likely to happen if Seju x Sumin is endgame because that would make Sumin anything but a jerk so that reader would accept it, Team Gaji's house would not be burned. :D

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Or...maybe more people are TeamPink in general xD Everyone respects each other's opinions so I don't think any TeamBlonde member would be scared to come.
Unless they only want to flame Seju

joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm not surprised that a lot of readers suddenly like Seju now cause she's much more relatable than Sungji imo. Sumin x Sungji is like the fairy tale or ideal romantic relationship while Seju x Sumin shows that even true love can't be all too perfect in the end. it's like expectation vs reality.

I think Sumin do still have romantic feelings for Seju and it's not just because she's concern for her as a friend or sisterly love. cause why would she be jealousy when she found out about the scandal. she's even using her failed relationship just so, she could have a reason to go back to Seju. look at how many girls she's been with. though I have no doubt that Sumin is also in love with Sungji. question is, if her love for Sungji is more than enough for her to break all ties with Seju or Sumin love Seju so much that despite everything that happened to them. she really can't let go of her in the end.

I actually can see that Sungji can move on from Sumin while Seju would be on suicide watch if Sumin left her for good. tbh, I don't mind who's Sumin will choose as long as the three heroine will all have a happy ending. (crossfingers)

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 12:48PM

41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

OH this chapter, Just made me feel for everyone involve.

Maybe they can have a polyamorous relationship.. XD
yay everyone wins!

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

okay um, I don't think Seju is more relatable than Sungji... I just think it's so for most people... I don't really relate to Seju at all. But I did feel really bad for her in the last chapter because Sumin was being a jerk. First of all she didn't have to bring that up and secondly it's not her business who Seju sleeps with. She did well in not saying anything to her.
Tbh, I don't feel bad for Sumin. She's the one who broke up with Seju, she's the one who didn't give her a second opportunity even after all those years... she dug her own grave. If she loved Seju she should've gone back to her before she met someone like Sungji and felt like she was in a pinch...
That aside I still stand by that Sumin says it feels like she still loves Seju but she can't be too sure... it's like confirming she has feelings; yes. But I won't believe she is actually in love with her until she states in more clearly or shows it more clearly.
I hope she is not a jerk towards Sungji because I will really support them both leaving Sumin and having the own healing and that being what the story is about.
We haven't seen Sungji being developed at all almost. Seju had her time in the last chapters. I think it's time for Sungji to shine and show that she's not just a cute girl. And I don't think she's gonna be a Mary Sue... the authors have shown to take unpredictable routes; I think we will see more background on Sungji. It's likely that Sungji didn't ask questions because she thought that the past didn't matter. But if she sees it matters it's likely that she will. Also her face after hearing about Seju sort of suggests she might have suspected a bit more than she's showing.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Chapter 50 made me have all sorts of feelings. Anger, sadness, misunderstood...

joined Feb 4, 2016

Sumin is way too emotionally unstable, it's hard to tell which one she loves most and the route she's gonna take. For all we know from her past behaviour, I see everything might be possible, considering how confused and unsure Sumin is about herself.

It's also interesting to me that in the past 5 chapters she admits to love 2 different woman. Nami brings out the fact to her and she confirms her feelings about Seju. The way she's going directly to Seju's apt, lashing out to her right away, while ignoring Sungji at the same time when they're supposedly in their honeymoon phase, leaves me a very strong impression that Sumin never truly moved on from Seju. Everything is only a layer, especially when she's still freaking out when being confronted about the possibility of Seju leaving her side.

All in all, I just find it very sad that Sumin is sleeping with so many woman for filling up the gap that Seju leaves, hence the comparison to her. I always feel like both of them won't be so broken if the mole guy never come into the picture.

I also keep dreading the possibility that Seju might kill herself sometime soon. If that's the route, Sumin got more broken but then possibly finally moved on (bcs Seju is no more in the picture) and Sungji is there to heal Sumin throughout the last arc. I mean, Seju's family is very funky right now and her mother possibly coming back from "death" also. Seju's already being mentioned to be having the possibility to suicide bcs of family problem, and I feel like this time around it will be much more likely than ever....

Sorry for the gloomy long post guys, I am a skeptical person by nature XD

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 2:42AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I always feel like both of them won't be so broken if the mole guy never come into the picture.

This. I agree. Their relationship wouldn't be in a huge mess like now if he never showed up.

I also keep dreading the possibility that Seju might kill herself sometime soon. If that's the route, Sumin got more broken but then possibly finally moved on (bcs Seju is no more in the picture) and Sungji is there to heal Sumin throughout the last arc.

I somehow had the exact same thought. Seju's prone to suicide right now because 1) how her family is 2) her father is dying and most of all 3) She (thinks/believe) lost her reason to continue on living (Sumin). She got all the reasons in the world to kill herself. But I'm just still hoping no one will have to die in this story.

joined Mar 8, 2014

I doubt Seju will die. I don't know if we've already reached the "shocking plot twist" but as I mentioned earlier this could be about Seju and Sungji healing... what if the Sumin is actually the one to kill herself...? Though I don't think anyone will kill themselves. Honestly... I'm thinking it's possible none of us has guessed what will happen (and I actually made a lot of scenarios). But on the other hand it's possibly we partly guessed some.
Sungji seems very unfitting to the whole dramatic atmosphere of the story. She has never had a relationship; she's not broken. She only wants to be happy and do fluffy stuff? and yet she has gotten somehow involved in all this mess just because she fell for Sumin... I am really interested in seeing how she will react and I'm curious to see as to whether she really is the protagonist as I had guessed. Right now the roles are a bit blurry; Seju was the protagonist for some chapters then Sumin for some others and Sungji was nowhere in the picture but that's all the more reason to add her soon.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

What makes me think that Seju killing herself a possible scenario is because of some foreshadowing details Gaji has thrown. Like how the mole guy scolded her for her reckless driving, how she doesn't care if she dies, and that how it's mentioned that her killing herself because of her family is possible. Of course it would be nice if no one dies in this story, and this is just a guess but since the NamixSumin thing, I believe there's a possibility for anything to happen. XD

50 chapters in and Sungji is still a mystery to me. It's not made clear what her role in this story is, yet. And I don't think we'll get much of her until the end of the second arc. Maybe we'll get more Sungji in the third arc.

joined Mar 8, 2014

What makes me think that Seju killing herself a possible scenario is because of some foreshadowing details Gaji has thrown. Like how the mole guy scolded her for her reckless driving, how she doesn't care if she dies, and that how it's mentioned that her killing herself because of her family is possible. Of course it would be nice if no one dies in this story, and this is just a guess but since the NamixSumin thing, I believe there's a possibility for anything to happen. XD

50 chapters in and Sungji is still a mystery to me. It's not made clear what her role in this story is, yet. And I don't think we'll get much of her until the end of the second arc. Maybe we'll get more Sungji in the third arc.

yeah hopefully the third arc will be Sungji arc!!! XD

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

it would be funny if sungji turned out not to be the innocent person we think she is kek

joined Dec 9, 2014

it would be funny if sungji turned out not to be the innocent person we think she is kek

This is what people are counting on. I don't think she will remain the same until the end, otherwise her character will be no different than the other girls Sumin has slept with.

I also agree with 9toenails comment. I always had this feeling that Sumin's sleeping around behavior was caused, even partly, because of her feelings for Seju. All this time was frustatrating to see Sumin and Sungji, because I know Sumin was trying to escape from her past. I was like, come on, you can't pretend everything is ok everytime you find a cute girl. Her relationships are doomed to fail, unless she finally realises that.
And that is good for her relationship with Sungji too. Because, imagine if that thing with Nami didn't happen, and after a while she started acting weird and broke up with her, because she didn't face her emotions for Seju.

Also about the mole guy incident, I don't think he changed much tbh. He is just a symbol imo, for how Sumin won't forget that scar from her life. And also she won't forget Seju as well, even if she is not in love with her anymore.
After a while, Sumin would start that cycle again, even if the mole guy didn't hurt her, imo.

I'm just glad that this happened, and now things will finally start changing. At least if noone dies in the end.
To be honest, I feel sorry for all of them three right now. Even if Sumin acted like a jerk, she is pretty hurt too. Sungji also starts to be aware of it. Or maybe she always knew and tried to play it cool? It's possible.

Meanwhile, Seju has left with the thought that not even Sumin cares about her now. So while Sungji talks with Sumin, what will Seju do in the meantime?

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 9:06AM

joined Mar 8, 2014

I definitely think she is no as innocent as we think but at the same time she won't turn out to be the complete opposite. No one is innocent like that. We all have dark thoughts from time to time. It's just that some people handle them really well or conceal them because they know those feeling won't lead to anything good. I mentioned before I realized Sungji was mad at Sumin the other time. Yet she didn't snap at her and just gave her the cold shoulder to see her reaction. I think what she did was right. Maybe you could consider it passive but it's not like that. If Sumin hadn't realized what she had done on her own then that would have been a bad sign; Sungji gave her time to think about her actions. Nevertheless I think Sungji knows when she should intervene and talk and when she is "allowed" or excused to snap. Sungji is not a dark or broken person but I think she has experienced loneliness due to people only being concerned about her looks and nothing else... I can always sort of guess how she feels and at first I was baffled with her and I didn't even get her at all. I can sort of relate to her but she is unbelievably quiet most of the time and you can't realize what she's thinking and I think this is on purpose... I think Team Gaji wants to have some sort of revelation in the end...

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Also about the mole guy incident, I don't think he changed much tbh. He is just a symbol imo, for how Sumin won't forget that scar from her life.

I do agree with how the mole guy is a symbol. But in my opinion, the mole guy did play a part in how Sumin treats Seju after that.

I don't believe she is as innocent as she appears to be. She's like a kinder surprise, you never know what toy you'll find inside the sweet chocolate. Always full of surprises. Lol

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 9:54AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I do agree with how the mole guy is a symbol. But in my opinion, the mole guy did play a part in how Sumin treats Seju after that.

Yes she probably got to resent Seju more after that. But what I mean is, even if this incident with mole guy didn't happen, Sumin "*seemed*" happy before that. She said she threw away everything from Seju and she was smilling before he got her.
But I think even if that didn't happen, Sumin would still start doing the same to Seju after a while. Mole guy made it quicker, and maybe made her hate Seju a little more, or give her another excuse to treat Seju like that.

Anyway, anyone understands what Sumin meant in the last panel with the redhead where she said
"It doesn't matter if you are an empty shell Sumin"
"It's different"
"What's different?"

Sumin replying it's different makes no sense. Different to what or who? And then Seju appears after that, and it makes me think it has something to do with her. Also noticed howthey didn't show Sungji too much in Sumin's thoughts, and I expected to show her more, maybe to hint how Sungji will be special.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 11:59AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I don't think Seju is going to die at the end. In previous chapter, her father's working some sort of document the mole guy brought him. We have no idea what it is, but it must be something really important since it is what he wants to accomplish before dying. I would guess it is all for Seju's sake and it will help solve all the problems with her family. I guess Team Gaji somewhat has got an idea that readers no longer what to see anther scene of Seju being hurt by her family and Sumin being there to comport her anymore. We would prefer to see who Sumin is going to choose out of love not out of sympathy.

About the thing with readhead, it's still so unclear to me. How much readhead meant to Sumin? You guys may not be interested in this, but I really want to know. How strong their relationship was that Seju had to break them up? Why did Sunin show such depreration and even asked if readhead could fix it, breaking up with her fiance or some sort. If we look at how Sumin was with other women, she was like a person without a soul. She was so emotionless when she was with others. She was so cold even when breaking up such as with the lawyer or brownhead. Did readhead do well as Seju? The fact that Sumin was that tragic breaking up with readhead can't prove that she loved readhead more than she loves Seju, right? Therefore, it is impossible to conclude who she loves the most.

My guess, next chapter, Sumin says to Sungji that she needs some alone time to think something over. And Sungji's character will start developing. I think Team Gaji will not use the whole third arc to develop Sungji's character. I would guess the author will iterately develop all characters by a few chapters for each of them.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 12:51PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think Sumin loved Redhead much. It seemed like one of her typical exes, I don't see how Redhead was special. Sumin did put some efford into her relationships, (despite not being in love with them, she tried a bit at least) so when she found out about her being with a guy, she asked redhead if she would break up with him, so Sumin would know whether to stay with her or not.

I don't think only Sungji will be on the third arc, but she will probably be the key or the catalyst for some situations, so her character will show more. But the other will also get screen time

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 12:59PM

joined Feb 4, 2016

Why did Sunin show such depreration and even asked if readhead could fix it, breaking up with her fiance or some sort.

I don't remember reading Sumin asking the redhead to break up with her fiance, or do I possibly miss something in the story ? O_O
And my best guess about Seju's father docs is that it's sth related to her mother, it's a very wild guess tho.

Martian
Agree. There are already several foreshadowing to that, hard to ignore that it meant nothing to the story. Maybe Seju will not die, but she might be trying to commit suicide and fail, that's also possible if Team Gaji do not want to pull the trigger.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 1:08PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Why did Seju had to involve in the case? Why didn't she just wait, as she always did, for them to break up?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Why did Sunin show such depreration and even asked if readhead could fix it, breaking up with her fiance or some sort.

I don't remember reading Sumin asking the redhead to break up with her fiance, or do I possibly miss something in the story ? O_O

You didn't miss it. I just went a bit further to a conclusion. :D

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

If the redhead is the person Sumin was referring to when she said "I thought she's the one" then maybe their relationship might have been bit more meaningful than her other exes. I forgot where but I think it was said that her kind of long-term-ish relationship after Seju was with the redhead.

"It doesn't matter if you are an empty shell Sumin"
"It's different"
"What's different?"

I'm also still confused with this dialogue. It's not clear what's different.

I don't think only Sungji will be on the third arc, but she will probably be the key or the catalyst for some situations, so her character will show more. But the other will also get screen time

I agree with this.

Why did Seju had to involve in the case? Why didn't she just wait, as she always did, for them to break up?

Maybe it's because she found out that the redhead was two timing Sumin, and that the relationship was doomed to fail anyway. But that's a good question.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 1:13PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.