Forum › Koe no Katachi discussion

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I...like this, in a strange kind of way. Does anyone know how many chapters this goes on for?

last edited at Oct 5, 2013 11:15AM

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

Omg it really did become serialised. It's not just a one shot anymore ahhhhh

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

she is so cute omg

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

don't leave me hanging!! X(

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

Whoa... I seriously hate the main guy. He was such a mean little kid. At least he is getting what he deserves. You reap what you sow...

joined Jul 17, 2013

Shouko is so beautiful omg, id like to see more of this ;; i really like it!

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

I cried so much
man, this is a really interesting story

joined Nov 30, 2011

Just gave this a read. I have a friend who went through some serious bullying when he was younger, and through high school as well. Eventually some of those that bullied came back to him and asked him to forgive them for bullying him when he was younger, others my friend forgave them on his own. He had a bunch of anger issues after high school but overcame them to forgive, never forget but he definitely forgave some of them. I look forward to what's next.

I also have to say chapter 5 was really good.

I...like this, in a strange kind of way. At least I did when I saw the end of this manga. It was kinda sad up until then but the end made it for me

How many chapters was it?

last edited at Oct 5, 2013 4:25AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Just gave this a read. I have a friend who went through some serious bullying when he was younger, and through high school as well. Eventually some of those that bullied came back to him and asked him to forgive them for bullying him when he was younger, others my friend forgave them on his own. He had a bunch of anger issues after high school but overcame them to forgive, never forget but he definitely forgave some of them. I look forward to what's next.

I also have to say chapter 5 was really good.

I...like this, in a strange kind of way. At least I did when I saw the end of this manga. It was kinda sad up until then but the end made it for me

How many chapters was it?

It initially was just a oneshot. It also took awhile for her to even get it published. Guess they don't really like it when you point out their social issues ( this is the mean reason why social changes are ever so slow in Japan ) .

From Manga updates:

Even though her one-shot Koe no Katachi won critical acclaim, it took a longsome law suit to get a magazine to publish it because of its socio-critical theme. Eventually, it was featured in the February edition of Bessatsu Shounen Magazin, where it placed first, and later in the 12th edition of the 2013 Weekly Shounen Magazine.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

surprised the one shot isnt up here.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

It initially was just a oneshot. It also took awhile for her to even get it published. Guess they don't really like it when you point out their social issues ( this is the mean reason why social changes are ever so slow in Japan ) .

It is pretty much difficult for any society that prioritizes the protection of the status quo, social harmony and stability, that turns a blind eye to a broken system that harms a group or individuals. a terrible thing that is used at the expense of the weak and vulnerable that has no defense under such systems. when a society grows too conformist to a system that doesnt affect them personally it runs the risk of perpetuating such bad habits for a long time until something happens.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013
Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

surprised the one shot isnt up here.

? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/koe_no_katachi_the_shape_of_voice

ah, I see. I didnt search it, because is not in the main section so I assumed it wasnt uploaded:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2870/10101143765_fd037839d3_o.png

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Who's this Ooima Yoshitoki?
EDIT: I mean, she's good at conveying the feeling and atmosphere of the story. It's as if like, I don't know, personal experience?

last edited at Oct 5, 2013 9:34PM

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Oh! I remember reading this forever ago. I still don't like that kid.

joined Jul 17, 2013

Aaaah, I know Ishida used to be a piece of shit but I kinda like him now ;; He's cute!
Shouko is just too beautiful sdqfqs <3

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

squee That chapter was sooo cute and sweet. I didn't like Ishida at first, but I kinda do now... and Shouko has always been adorable and pretty. :)

Also Im really happy this is on DS, now I don't have to go to Mangahere. :D

joined Jan 29, 2013

I like this so much more than the one shot version.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Ah... I was waiting for this to be completed but I guess I simply can't help but read it. I already read the one-shot and man... society, wherever, still suck. I mostly like how the author, I guess, spread the one-shot to many chapters, highlighting on the perspective of both the boy and girl.

What really hit me hard on this is that, no matter how, the girl keeps smiling. And that smile deeply hurt me :(

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

eh that's sort of primary school I would have leave right away...screw them bunch of creep kids acting innocent and shi1t even the sensei :C...the main character is totally pathetic bullying someone just because scared to lose to boredom?Geez... It's funny how the kids said "we don't need bullies like you" but then they were also part of bullying the deaf girl initially.

last edited at Oct 9, 2013 12:11PM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Gosh, i'm really lucky that my hearing aid wasn't destroyed during my bullying. My parents wouldn't have money to get another one.

joined Jul 17, 2013

I cant wait for the next chapter <3

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Okay I'm a little confused here. Did he borrow money off of his mum? Since it says a few chapters ago "I pay you back later" thats the impression that I got. Did he not spend the money too if he pays it back the same day he finds Nishimiya?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Okay I'm a little confused here. Did he borrow money off of his mum? Since it says a few chapters ago "I pay you back later" thats the impression that I got. Did he not spend the money too if he pays it back the same day he finds Nishimiya?

I think it's a mild error in the translation that causes the confusion. Rather than "I'll pay you back", it was "I'm paying you back", as in "I'm sorry for being such a hassle all my life, here's some money as an apology". Page 13 of chapter 5 shows him scraping up the money to pay her back by working jobs part time and stuff.

joined Oct 10, 2013

His mom paid for Nishimiya's hearing aids that got stolen in school. He's paying her back for that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.