Forum › Bokura no Hentai discussion

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Too cute! Everybody! And I think I like the pudgy glasses-sempai. He'll probably just be a one-time character, but it'd be nice if he shows up again.
Akane in the too-big changshan(is that the right word?) was my favorite.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

The fuck is this shit? This is so insulting. Entire time series was doing great job on portraying Marika as believable trans character and in this chapter author decided to throw it all into garbage and burn it?

So Marika pities some random guys in all boys school that are just jealous that there are no girls around, so she reveals her secret to them so they will feel better cos it wasn't Tomocchi flirting with a girl, but with cross-dressing guy? What kind of bs is that? And after all that time, after fighting for her happiness and making sure everyone sees and accepts her as a girl, she suddenly now has second thoughts if it is ok to dress as one? Cos she made some random people jealous and she feels guilty about it and/or like she is lying to everyone? Give me a damn break. Also the way rest respond to that. Usually the reply "who cares" would be right one, but in this case it isn't "gender doesn't matter" but "you are a freaking girl so don't feel bad for acting like one" (sure you can say girls can dress/act how they want and it is true, but you get my point). And again "dressing up just to be cute" isn't a right answer in this case either. Not to mention "we all are deviants" is the worse you could probably say (I get it was title drop "Bokura no Hentai"="Our deviations"). Calling anyone deviant most of the time is just wrong. And the worst part is that next chapter is last. Great way to piss you off just before series end and put a big damper all over what it accomplished until now.

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 1:33PM

Dreadpiratebaka
joined Jul 11, 2014

Yeah it felt... really out of character for Marika, and makes no sense. I hope we get a little bit of a fix next chapter?

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

well that was a sure way to dump on everything Marika did until now, kind of drepressing they put it like that after all the trans portrayal they did of Marika.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nevri

after fighting for her happiness and making sure everyone sees and accepts her as a girl, she suddenly now has second thoughts if it is ok to dress as one? Cos she made some random people jealous and she feels guilty about it and/or like she is lying to everyone?

Oh well, don't be so hard on her. I guess we can take it as a some lingering insecurities on her part. It's not like she fully transitioned, doesn't have any fears left and as if she feels she can ignore how other people view her.

She's still a teen after all. Not a child, but not a woman yet.

But yeah, it feels like an afterthought of the author, like they thought it was a bit too easy for Marika.

But it's a bit late in the game at the next to last chapter.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

this chapter made me realize how much I wish this was actually yuri and they were all girls from the get-go. still, really cute chapter!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I agree it was a bit wtf when Marika was like "I'm a guy" and went on to participate in the cross-dressing contest even though she isn't cross-dressing. I guess I can kinda think of it as Marika still not completely 100% confident in herself, but they definitely could have left that bit out. Wouldn't even change the story. I think the author was trying to get justify it by going "It doesn't matter what other people think, just do you." which is a good message, but she didn't pull it off well.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

I think part of it is that Marika wants to go back to how it was with Parou and Yui all "crossdressing". You can tell she still identifies as a girl. Not to mention she's the type to sacrifice her personal happiness for others' benefit. She did it to make people happy. That's very feminine behavior.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Ok author, unless you somehow follow that up in a way that makes sense next chapter, welcome to my shit list. That was just about the dumbest thing you could have possibly done. Why not just leave it at Tomocchi trying to out-do Parou? Just why?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

"U-um, I'm a guy..." Followed by her participating in a cross-dressing contest, despite not being a cross-dresser herself. Amazing how the author succeed in negating 40 chapters of characterisation in just a few panels. I mean, bloody hell, "I'm not cross-dressing. This is my true appearance" is literally one of the first thing she says, IN CHAPTER 1! And for what? Because some random characters were... what? Embarrassed by the girls' cuteness, or... I am honestly struggling to see why she said that. This makes no sense whatsoever. It actually looks like something the author put in there without thinking too much about it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sigh. After that previous chapter I don't know what to think. It was a-ok way to finish the series, but because of that last chapter I expected some really strong, really good chapter that will make me forgot all about it. And well it was just pretty meh. So thanks to that I will remember entire series as that one manga, that fucked up at the very end and is not worth reading (or you need to skip chapter 40, everytime you read it).

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:30AM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Well that was pretty much the best manga ever, I can't wait for what the author does next.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm just gonna pretend those last few pages of chapter 40 never happened. Otherwise I thought 41 was a great way to finish the series. Sigh why did the author do that in chapter 40. It is a shame really. Overall I really liked the manga and I definitely recommend it (just skip ch 40 if you wanna avoid bursting a blood vessel).

Korrasami-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30972763-500-326
joined Aug 22, 2014

I am going to miss this story. But I'm glad that in the end they all grew emotionally and stayed close, even through all their rough patches. Can not wait til the next work from the author

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

i really loved this manga, the end was nice and all, so i guess i can forget about cpt 40's end until maybe the author addresses it on an extra. Still, wish they showed a bit more of Marikas after the high school graduation.
Well that slip seemed to no mean much too, so i wont detract much from my opinion on the manga.(I guess you could see it as a solidary action from Marika toward the others like gwennie-chan said, even if it still be a weak way to put it in plot)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hey, I'm glad the possibility of something happening again betwen Ryou and Hachi is left open. The poor girl had been badly treated, even though she was the most supportive of Ryou. They actually suit each other. I hope things work out between them, now that Ryou is more stable and gave up on Marika.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Honestly the ending felt so rushed and a time skip out of nowhere? Truly it's feeling like they ruined a masterpiece. No resolution really to anything, just right back where we started but time passed.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

gwennie-chan posted:

Honestly the ending felt so rushed and a time skip out of nowhere?

To be fair time-skip to post stuff and showing a bit of how their life looks now is pretty typical way to finish a manga, but I agree. There wasn't enough, not much got resolved and we don't know if Marika x Tomocchi went anywhere since there was that whole "give me more time" and resolution to that never happened cos the series ended. It does feel rush. My best bet is that manga was more popular than author expected so it got extended a bit, but then popularity dropped again, so 10 volumes was the max author could get and had to wrap up everything faster than expected.

Bushouhuanying
joined Jul 7, 2013

Man these last 2 chapters have been such a tease. None of pairings I was hoping for can true. Even worst even the ending.Doesn't urly seem like and ending
It just seem like everything went, to the way it was before.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hey, I'm glad the possibility of something happening again betwen Ryou and Hachi is left open. The poor girl had been badly treated, even though she was the most supportive of Ryou. They actually suit each other. I hope things work out between them, now that Ryou is more stable and gave up on Marika.

I'm glad about Ryou and Hachi too. Whether or not they actually get back together as bf/gf, I think it's great that they're given the chance for proper closure.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

uwahhh im audibly sobbing this manga means so much to me and im so happy/sad its over and ended well and didn't trail on for too long. godddd i'm just. this manga was everything I ever wanted.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Also, for people complaining about Marika entering the crossdressing competition:

1) I feel you, she's not crossdressing and it sucks to see her treat herself like that.
BUT
2) Internalized transmisogyny is a bitch. It never really goes away. Sure there are days where you totally own your identity, but oftentimes that awful voice in your head rears up to repeatedly ask: who are you kidding? you're not really a girl, you can never fully be one, you'll never be good enough/pass enough and etc etc. And it can easily lead to misgendering yourself and other actions like Marika showed in that chapter. Also, she's still young, and she's still so full of doubt and insecurities. And the author did a pretty good job to make a point of that.

An aside:
I would have liked one of Marika's friends to call her out on her misgendering, but I'm guessing the author felt like she needed that scene to drive the "we're all deviants" message. Which I kind of have mixed feelings about. I think I like it, but only because it was Tamura who said it. Specifically because he went through so much growth getting over his self-imposed "deviant" related issues. With him saying it, it read more like a reclaimation of the word deviant used as a source of community and support, rather than an isolating word.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 10:55PM

My Neighbor Momiji
Cc14807591971a476eef84c6a8b71c6e
joined Jan 12, 2016

Good feels from the ending. And the idea that the three of them are still friends who take time to see each other is very heartwarming. This was a good manga overall and I am going to miss it. Also points to Ryou for understanding Marika's goals at the end.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

woah wtf was with chapter 40. Isn't it ok that we're all deviants? I'm a guy? And why is Marika suddenly having doubts now over it being ok if she dresses up as a woman or not? what the fuck. Like I get that she just said that she was a guy to the boys there because idk she felt awkward or whatever, but to suddenly be like "is what I'm doing ok??! reaaaally isnt great for an ending chapter. Plus why on earth would Marika enter a cross-dressing competition, if she identifies as a girl? Wouldn't her "cross-dressing outfit" be male clothing?? UGH this manga. I loved it right until chapter 40. But no. I really don't like how Marikia was done here

joined Nov 29, 2014

This is my favorite manga, loved it never in my life i had read something as amazing as this. Thanks!

To reply you must either login or sign up.