Forum › August Monster discussion

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

This story reminded me of the song "Autumn Goodbye" by Britney Spears. It could be the theme song for this. Great story.

Screen%20shot%202014-09-27%20at%2012.20.44%20am
joined Mar 5, 2012

Gotta admire Miya's honesty, especially at not replying 'I love you too' when she knew she probably didn't mean it, and ending it quickly. I really liked the summer fireworks analogy being referenced again at the end, in regard to the intensity and shortness of the relationship.

I went in with low expectations, but got out quite satisfied. Also, good work on adding the tomboy tag, drhelsing!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

While not a good end, I wouldn't really call it a bad end either.
It's simply - an actual end. While both good and bad ends are often beginings.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

While not a good end, I wouldn't really call it a bad end either.
It's simply - an actual end. While both good and bad ends are often beginings.

Homer: Marge, I'm confused. Is this a happy ending or a sad ending?
Marge: It's an ending, that's enough.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

awwwww, fuuuuu-- Well, that was for the best... they didn't seem right to be together :p Eri deserves better! Still though the feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelssssssssssss! >________<

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I actually quite liked this, more for the realistic factor instead of the actual yuri itself. Reminds me a lot of how I am/used to be - it's quite easy to get caught up in something but then when you actually get it, sometimes it doesn't play out how you hope. In this case, it was pretty obvious that she just had a schoolgirl crush on this 'older boy' and when she actually realised (like properly realised) that she was a girl, and an older girl who liked her far more than she did, it's qutie easy to feel trapped and freak out.

I mean, she was only like 14 or something as well guys, small steps small steps. I would like to see like a time skip with her though, maybe see if she gets with another girl when she's older.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Ofc she is going to do that. Fuck She is a kid , And that's way I like older girls , but seriously I don't get young adults who date teenagers dating a teenager not a good idea at all is it even legal to do that It's creepy to me tbh they are just kids STOP IT japan !

granddad went out with my grandma when she was 16 and he was 24, they were married 50 years till my granddad died, nothing is creepy about it

last edited at Sep 27, 2014 12:34PM

joined Oct 5, 2014

Teenager rushes into a relationship that is "abnormal" to begin with (older/same sex), has second thoughts.

I fail to see how being with an older partner is abnormal.......

The protagonist is a kid and her girlfriend was a college student. That's pretty abnormal. Even for adults age gaps can be unusual if they're a good enough sum apart, say 10~ years.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Teenager rushes into a relationship that is "abnormal" to begin with (older/same sex), has second thoughts.

I fail to see how being with an older partner is abnormal.......

The protagonist is a kid and her girlfriend was a college student. That's pretty abnormal. Even for adults age gaps can be unusual if they're a good enough sum apart, say 10~ years.

It depends on where is happening, those kind of age gaps are pretty common here in Mexico.

joined Jul 31, 2014

It's a bitter sweet true story. Mira sensei thank you for this kind of true story.
Lot people confused until they try out and found out they can't accept same sex. They might love each other but the society and family won't accept.
I talk base on my experience.

Faaaaack
joined Apr 2, 2016

I would be upset with the ending, but I really had a hard time following along as to what happened and why it happened.

I thought it was a nice, bittersweet story. Although I love fluffy stuff too, most relationships that start <18 are gonna end relatively quickly.

The question really is did she back out because it was overwhelming, or because she wasn't a lesbian or bi in the first place? The story doesn't make the question clear, although the fact that she kept comparing the older girl to a guy ("boyfriend", looks like a guy, husky voice, sounds like a male singer she likes, etc.) suggests the latter.

In a funny way, it's sort of the opposite of Our Future Plans.

I think it's because she is still a child that she doesn't fully understand the concept of "adult love" (damn, that sounded dirty) and she knew couldn't be with sensei because of it. Like she said earlier the reason she was uneasy wasn't because of sensei being a woman but something else.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

My take is that it wouldn't have mattered if sensei was a boy or a girl, the relationship was doomed. Between middle school and college is not really a reasonable age gap. I think Miya wanted someone who was into middle school relationship stuff (hanging out with friends, showing off) and she realized sensei wanted more college-aged things (talk of love, serious relationships, etc).

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

I am straight yet I did not date during school for similar reasons as Miya

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

It was a nice story, shame it didn't have a happy ending. Why do the Japanese like sad endings so much?

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

What a great mangaka

To reply you must either login or sign up.