Forum › Azunyan sadness discussion

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I've been waiting for Azusa xUi so I'm happy but It's a bit complex.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

This is good but I prefer both of them with Yui instead of each other. My ultimate wish while watching the series was for Yui to get a harem, consisting of Azusa, Ui, and Nodoka.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well that's probably not emotionally healthy.

joined Jan 4, 2014

I pretty much adore all of the Mountain Pukuichi works, and this one is no exception. It also makes me feel more and more as if there should be a general Drama tag associated with all of them...

joined Aug 16, 2015

Don't know why, but I'm not a fan of K-ON doujins with drama in them. I'm perfectly fine with drama and depressing things (I actually enjoy them from time to time), but I guess I prefer cute yuri when it comes to K-ON.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

eh.. i don't like it. Pretending to be Yui ruined it for me :/

joined Oct 21, 2013

Mugi x Yui ruined it for me. lol

Yui belongs to Nodoka!
But I'll take the Azusa x Ui anyway.

last edited at Mar 19, 2016 5:00PM

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

You can't use Ui as Yui's stand-in!!!
Though it makes the drama better, so it's fine actually.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I pretty much adore all of the Mountain Pukuichi works, and this one is no exception. It also makes me feel more and more as if there should be a general Drama tag associated with all of them...

Maybe not all of them, I would say this one and Two of Us. And in her Author's note in Two of Us* she pointed out that normally she just does "heart-warming" yuri manga, but occasionally she likes to write more dramatic stories (like this and "Just the Two of Us")

Nana yuri is mostly fluff. Yes, the postscript is all "I just thought about death." But if you know Non-non biyori, that's a fluffy, "healing show" with fluffloads of fluffy fluff and subtext yuri for two of the main characters. But one show the tomboy sister teases the easily frightened superstitious sister to the point where she's hysterical and can't sleep. Then she "reassures her:" there's not such thing as ghosts, I promise! When you die, you just disappear forever. Then she spends the rest of the night awake thinking about what she just told her sister. :) Nana yuri didn't even milk the usual "But we're both girls!" thing at all. She just looked it up on the internet and tried out the advice she saw, her best friend won her heart, happily ever after.

As for this story: there are many unhealthy things, but they've admitted that Azusa is heartbroken, that Ui realizes she's a good substitute for her sister to Azusa, that Ui had strong incestuous feelings for Yui, etc. And Ui established that she's willing to dive in to having sex with Azusa on the rebound. Put that way, there isn't much left undiscovered to cause them issues. By the way, I agree with the logic of this doujin: If Yui really was dating someone like Nodoka or Mugi, the way she acts with Azusa would change from cute and clueless to unethical.

*PS Mountain Pikuichi writes long author's notes and so far the two original doujins, the notes aren't translated. I am translating the note for Just the Two of Us now and I will post it in the comments there. The relevant part here is as follows:

"いままではほのぼのゆりまんがばかり描いてきたので
Because up until now I’ve only drawn “heart-warming” yuri manga,
たまにはちょっと階い話かいてみたかったんですすいません。
I just wanted to try writing on another level once in a while - sorry*!"
-- Mountain Pikuichi, Just the Two of Us

last edited at Mar 19, 2016 6:59PM

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

no no no!!! what are they doing??? Yui belongs to either nodoka or azunyan and mugi belongs to sensei ALL THE WAY.
hahahahaha that's my personal favorite.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

no no no!!! what are they doing??? Yui belongs to either nodoka or azunyan and mugi belongs to sensei ALL THE WAY.
hahahahaha that's my personal favorite.

Sawako and Mugi are yuri-loving soulmates, I agree. That's exactly why a beautiful and talented woman like Sawako-chan never got a steady boyfriend - they all realized she was desperate and had no taste in men because she was trying to be a "normal girl" who "attracts men." Meanwhile she was only happy when she was dressing up teen girls in skimpy costumes, but that doesn't mean anything. And she was really hurt when her HS friends and bandmates grew distant from her, but who wouldn't be? And she loved being in an all-girl band of heavy metal tomboys, but that's because they were all genki.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

this is too sad for me

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wow this was like..
Really dark

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yui x Mugi is so OOC. It's a very rare pairing, because Mugi is the observer, the witness of the other girls relationship, not a part of it.

The rejection in the beginning is also totally OOC. Yui isn't the type to coldly reject Azunyan.

OT3 all the way: Yui x Ui x Azunyan.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I feel like crying to Azunyan.

joined Oct 21, 2013

Ui living up to her name.

joined Mar 20, 2016

why do i love ui x azusa now

joined Mar 20, 2016

same

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

same

Same for me as well... and at the end she's still crying

joined Sep 11, 2014

"I'm sorry but I'm in love with Mugi chan."

wut thats something I've seen like never since she's always either alone or paired with sensei

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Aww... It's kinda sad to know that it went in that direction. I pity them both.

Now this is original , but damn , the "Im sorry... the one im in love with is Mugi chan" just made this more interesting than I expected , more than an Azusa x Ui , this is like a "Azusa x Yui destroyed to Azusa x Ui" , really I dont remember a K-on Doujin when Yui friendzones Azusa , not even like that with Mugi , Azusa x Ui got a very good start In my opinion , A very sweet and bitter one

last edited at Mar 31, 2016 11:01AM by

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

idk, lol, it just feels so out of Yui's and Mugi's characters that I just can't stop laughing omg, for some reason my mind just refuses to accept this as a possible plot development lol
Edit: also polyamory is the answer to all the problems in this world
Just read Nya-chan's comment, absolutely agree with every point xd

last edited at May 18, 2019 5:48AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.