Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

No-Rae's English song is totally a way to say to Seol-A that she knows she loves her.
What a great chapter, I love how we see No-Rae's whole familly!! Also who is that girl in the begginng? Seems like there are a lot of people visiting Comico right now because the chapter keeps on crashing for me

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm just mad at No-rae. Seol-a reached to hold her hands, responding to the song she just sang. But No-rae fucking gave Seol-a a clueless expression again.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You right, girl! You right.

What the ┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. )

You two awkward penguins... :'(

P.S. Thank you Ssamba. In my current state, I can't figure out why I'm giving thanks; I just know it's something to be done. (I'm sure I'll understand when I'm no longer flipping tables or flipping over this release.)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Obviously I only started chopping onion and BAM the chapter...

Is it omelette you're whipping up? I love them with cheese and onions hahaha.

Hahaha nope :D just vegetables with soba :D

Ghaaa I was hoping for some extra picture because of Valentine's xD

And of course it couldn't be sooo easy but whyyy Ssamba, whyyy you tease us like that...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Yeah, @MacySan, it took "forever" for the chapter to load for me.

P.S. I wonder where we're at with hearts... (Not fan hearts. I'm sure there are plenty and in various stages of bleeding out, etc. I meant chapter hearts. Watching those go up is a source of some positive feelings... :?)

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 9:52AM

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Omg, they are so over the friends line, right? They'll kiss in one or two chapters, I can feel it. No-Rae singing ahskabxk

Expect Sung-pyo to crash at No-rae's place lol, that guy isn't over yet

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It is coming...Unless someone starts interupting them again, or something outside happens, I can feel it is coming. Seol-A never acted so upset in front of No-Rae, and No-Rae seems like she knows what's going on, it seems so by her look in the last panel when she was holding the guitar

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

madlax232 posted:
What happened? Why did Seol-A left the room? Omg

Didn't you see how No-rae gave her another clueless expression? Seol-a thought No-rae sang the song for her to respond. I would be embarrassed and run away too
FUCK AKHAEHFOIASHDFLAHHASDIGHADF AHFJHAFHASHF SDFH ASFAW

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

THAT NSFW hand holding!! I mean, guys, Soela slipped a finger in Norae Sleeve! My expectations were EXCEEDED!
Looking forward to next week!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Comico was slow to load because they couldn't handle all of FF fans' refresh at once.

joined Apr 3, 2012

I don't no whether to go "Noooooooo! Seol-a! Noooooo!" for her leaving to calm her heart or to go "Nooooooo! No-rae! Nooooooooo!", when Seol-a listened to the lyrics of her song and made an action to show her obvious affection only for it to click a little too slowly for No-rae, as Seol-a had already stepped outside.

At this point, I'm in no hurry. If every chapter is going to be as romantic as this one was, their realization of their mutual feelings will happen soon enough.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@NicLarkin

THAT NSFW hand holding!! I mean, guys, Soela slipped a finger in Norae Sleeve! My expectations were EXCEEDED!

I totally saw that.

Yeah. It's just sinking in for me that No-rae talked about visiting during the week.

This is gonna be epic.

...How am I going to survive another week of waiting. What is this deal with time and stuff.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 9:56AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Omg, they are so over the friends line, right? They'll kiss in one or two chapters, I can feel it. No-Rae singing ahskabxk

Expect Sung-pyo to crash at No-rae's place lol, that guy isn't over yet

Lmao, now Im scared of this.

But anyway, Seol-A touching her hand after that love song and then leaving the room should be an indication of her feelings, but who knows with No-Rae... Lol

joined Apr 3, 2012

This post goes so well with your avatar XD

joined Oct 14, 2015

anonymous

I may be in the minority, but I really would prefer no confession.

Just my view, but I never liked confessions in stories all that much. Also, it's also a trope that I feel is overused. Now, not to get into a huge tangent about tropes/cliches, but in short, I don't feel all tropes are "bad" per se, but The Confession™ is one that is seen really frequently in yuri stories, and heck, romance/love stories in general across all mediums, even including movies.

Also, though stories != real life, how often do relationships IRL start with a straight-up confession?

waaaht

Never in my life I had witnessed in real life someone who confessed to a person, you know, like those in the mangas. I live in Philippines, and I don't know if it's a tradition or in the culture, but in my experience living here all my life, when you like someone, the one thing that people do first is to be friends with the person, and not some straight up confession. You get close to them as much as possible, maybe flirt with them in a subtle way, but you will never hear a confession out of nowhere lol.

Rarely -compared to the friend first route- but I sure had my fair share. I would say it depends foremost on the person 'trying to convey his or her feelings to you'. Social awkwardness leads to awkward confessions out of nowhere. And it also depens on your gender beside your culture? Like ieeheh describes below.
Anyway as a girl, I've had straight-up confessions (living in the Netherlands) and I also had other kind of confessions I have yet to place them. Like this one: I had a guy sent me a whole confession letter -you know, the same way they did a couple centuries ago- but then through mail. It was an odd hybrid between old-fashioned courting and modern technology. (I actually liked it, but that's not the point). We happen to play a game together at the local boardgames-club. So he asked the boardmember for my email... I forgot where I wanted to go with all this -should have slept more probably-, which was totally out of nowhere and fits imo the description of straight-up confession. (He asked the permission for my phone-number and whether or not I would date him).
Straight-ups are arguably not of this time, but they sure happen a lot in less social-adepted circles? (I have no intention to be rude).

ieeheh

Lol I always have mixed feelings about confessions in mangas. I spent up to 11th grade in Asia. Back then I gotta say girls always expected confessions before becoming an official gf. If a guy took too much time to mutter up a confession, he's good to be gone. But after I moved to the States, if a guy asked you out on a date, it's kinda a declaration that he's interested in you. Whatever happens on the date (kissing or whatever), it means you're onto the next step. An official confession is rarely needed. Time passed and I kinda got used to my new culture. So when I started reading manga again, it was nostalgic, but sometimes annoying at the same time lol. I started wondering if it's really that needed; maybe it wasn't all that important in my home country. So I did a lil research, and concluded that confessions are mostly needed if you're in Japan, whether you're a female or male lol
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/09/18/kokuhaku-do-people-in-japan-do-love-confessions-irl-or-is-it-just-in-anime-and-dramas (exactly your question up there, anonymous lol)
http://www.tofugu.com/2013/10/23/japans-love-confessing-culture/
http://blog.gaijinpot.com/dating-differences-america-japan/

It is for sure more common in Asia, with Japan absolutely at the top. My cousin lives in Vietnam and he gets confessions from girls so now and then as well. (In a way, both boys and girls initiate, but the males more so).

What I can share on the subject from my own experiences:
The first thing -also mentioned in the article- is the ambiguity, the line between like-like and like-love. (Which plays a big part, more so if both are the same sex, like our protagonists. I don't think Korea is that much different from Japan or any of the surrounding Asian countries for that matter). The Japanese line '好きです' /suki desu, could mean both and is used a lot.

Now it is very common for Asians (I speak from my experiences only) to express their liking towards their friends, in both words and actions. Clinging to each other and touching each other -of course not in the dirty scissoring obvious kind of way- is considered normal. Like the way No-rae and Kkyeung are, but this also applies even when you are not that close to each other. Drinking from the same cup, eating of each others plate, heck it is also normal in Asia to share the same bed if you are the same gender.
^This was a shock for me the first time I went to visit my family. The girls literally invited me to sleep together, because that is just more fun. Sleep together meant: same bed, same blanket. I was stunned to say the least.

I had it happened to me again, when I was in Australia and I stayed the night over at a Chinese girl's place. She thought it was outrageous to let me sleep on the couch, so we shared her bed.
We also argued in line at the check-out in a tongue in cheek kind of way, since we both insisted on paying the dinner. (This is definitely an Asian-thing, fighting over who should pay). But the people around us must have thought we were a couple? We're not, and I only knew the girl for less than 2 months. I and that girl thought we were just being on friendly terms.
So imagine if you are sexually attracted to your own gender... a confession would be viable since it is hard to distinguish this line in Asian culture, imo.

The second thing must be the pretty black and white culture -one where the sexes are seperated-, in this case you confess so you could at least get closer.
This has to do with the traditional/cutural dynamics, where it's rare for girls to hang put with guys and vice versa.

To me confessions put you in a vulnerable position to be rejected. It hurts to be rejected verbally. Whereas going on casual dates to see if the other person responds (well or not) to your advances (holding hands, or kissing) feels less vulnerable. On that aspect alone, I personally think Japanese are much braver than Americans (I live in the US so I don't know about the rest of the world). But........... maybe from Japanese perspective, Americans are pretty brave to start holding someone's hands before knowing how the other persons feels for sure. lol.

I also never have the guts to confess to the ones I like. So really bravo to those who dares.

Nice analysis btw, and it is that way for most Japanese men. (Am studying Japanese at the moment, so we discuss different aspects of the culture in class quite often). The Japanese have an unique mindset, kept intact due to their isolation, which defines/explains the specific way they interact. It is only recently (after the Sanfransisco treaty) that they are exposed to Western (overseas) ideas.

And Happy Valentines everybody!

P.s. Please do tell if things do not add up, or when there are parts you couldn't understand, seeing I'm not native to English. I'll try to eloborate more.

*P.p.s. I just realized the chapter is out, so I need to get my hands on it. Edit: Aaargh, like right NOAAW.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 9:57AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Looks like those words come from Mr. Big's song lyrics, i think.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

The finger on No-rae's wrist is just... Wow. Seol-a. Your heart must be in your ears right now.

This chapter--I'm still rolling in the emotional waves, and they're going to carry me for a while.

This is great. Life is great. I'm sleep deprived. Ssamba is awesome. ...

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

madlax232 posted:
What happened? Why did Seol-A left the room? Omg

Didn't you see how No-rae gave her another clueless expression? Seol-a thought No-rae sang the song for her to respond. I would be embarrassed and run away too
FUCK AKHAEHFOIASHDFLAHHASDIGHADF AHFJHAFHASHF SDFH ASFAW

Is this what happened? Ashakadbl No-Rae please stop being slow ahskbns

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

One final thought for now before i go to sleep,
'More Than Words' is actually a really sweet song to sing to someone you love so much, props to no-rae for choosing that song
for more feels, listen to the version sung by westlife :)

Also, beware of Sung-pyo people, don't let yourself up too high just yet....

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:06AM

joined Jul 30, 2015

Instead of Seol-a going back to the house, I hope for No-rae to go out and reach Seol-a outside. Because Seol-a can't be the one who does all the work IMO. I think No-rae is still too shy/scared though?

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:14AM

joined Apr 3, 2012

I feel like given how much I promote FF in every forum I frequent, I don't talk about it enough on this forum or expound on my thoughts enough here. So let me do that now and more often from here on, because FF is already my favorite yuri comic ever and there's still so much in store.

I feel like we are right at the brink. I think Seol-a may be literally incapable of continuing the charade that her and No-rae are just normal friends. It would mentally exhaust and potentially break her to keep that up much longer, so we know her tipping point is close and she can't hold back her feelings any longer.

Finally it seems No-rae is picking up on all these signs, as well as the fact she can't stay in control of her feelings either.

I would be stunned if their amazing relationship doesn't blossom into an amazing romance by the time they leave No-rae's hometown.

I'm also surprised Seol-a was able to exercise as much control as she did when No-rae sang to her. I guess that's why she had to step out or she would've been all over No-rae~

Chapter was too short as always but I love these developments.
I really hope No-rae puts Seol-a out of her misery and takes some initiative. She picks up on these things much faster than Seol-a, despite how dense she sometimes seems on the outside, and she HAS to know now...

joined Jan 17, 2016

Damn i'm so upset right now i really thought something will happend in this chapter but ...no !!@ i mean ssamba need to move things up ...cuz she has alot of things to deal with if she wants norea and seola to become a couple their is yu jin issue and if indeed the want to be a couple want will happen with seola and norae family if the found out ...ughhh just say 40 more chapter may be not enough is she is this slow ...i hope the kiss in coming next ...it would be really great if they kiss in secret at norea house and some family memeber jumbs in kkekekek

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I think No-rae is just freakin' SCARED of this whole thing. She's so like me that's why I'm mad.

joined Oct 14, 2015

I can die peacefully now. I really wanted No-rae to play on her guitar for Seol-a, and it finally happened!

Seol-a, so bold!! And another parallel. -The way Seol-a reaches for No-rae's hands reminds me of the time when No-rae strums the guitar in Sung-pyo's room.

No-rae's brother looks more his age now, with the adjustments Ssamba made. Oh wait nvm, I think that is her father. xD

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:11AM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Okay, another crappy not-translation on the gist of things before halmoni comes and saves the day.

(that's Hee-Jin sleeping in the back)

N: Seems she's tired. These days she's doing an internship at her sunbae's architectural firm. You're okay driving?
S: It's alright, I like driving.
S (thought): I forgot the two of them are from the same hometown

N: Mom I'm home!
Mom: Our maknae (youngest child) is here!
Sis in law: It's been a while~
Nephew: Auntie~!

Heejin: Ahjumma! I came too!
N: Has our Dong-hwa been well?

Seol-a shows up, mom goes "oh you came too, you got prettier!"
S: Thank you.
Heejin: Ahjumma, what about me? What about me? What about me? (lol)
Mom: annoyed You're very pretty too

N: What about dad and bro?
Mom: They're gonna buy meat and come later. Heejin, did you call home yet?
H: Hey, it's okay, I'll just do it tomorrow~
Mom: You tiresome(?) girl. Bad!
H: lol

Dad: Eat a lot~
S: He could be an actor...

Seol-a looks in closet... "Guitar?"
Norae making a phone call to Heejin, who left because No-rae's mom called Hee-jin's family lol.

S: Ah, btw, your closet...
N: Closet? You want to know the secrets of my fashion sense?
S: What...

S: That's a guitar right? Is it yours?
N: Guitar? Ah, yeah it's mine.
S: You know how to play?
N: Just a lil

N: Long time ago Miseon unni taught me
S: Really? Unni knows how to play guitar too?
N: Miseon unni was in a band in high school.
S: Wow...

N: Should I show you my playing?
S: Yeah! Show me!
N: But I'm not that good. I haven't played for a while. Don't expect too much;
S: Ok!

S: What are you doing? Tuning?
N: Yeah.. I guess it's been put away for too long.

N: Done.

(song in english) (edit: thatanon ID'd it as More Than Words by Westlife. EDIT2: panchan points out that the original is actually by a band called Extreme)

N: Aigoo how embarassing... it's just so-so huh?

I yelled at the hand scene. FML.

N: Seol-a? Are you ok?
S:......

S: I'm gonna go get some fresh air.

And yea, dugeun dugeun is doki doki.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:44AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I love the shot of No-rae causally walking into the room with the shower around her neck, with the phone still at her ear.

They're so comfortable in that room together. (Need to stay calm, self.)

This chapter appears short in terms of words, but emotionally it really builds. And it was totally swirling around those two. The moment with the family (even with Seol-a sitting across from Dad and Bro) felt like an in-between moment. As soon as No-rae entered the room and it was "the two of them" again, the world shrunk.

--It's still too much. I can't analyze this yet. Yikes!

As soon as I see Seol-a's feet as she's sitting in the room (waiting for No-rae), I'm anticipating No-rae...completing the room??

What is with No-rae and all these facial expressions? Gosh! She used to be so much more neutral OR happy faced all the time.

Cool, caring, lost, smitten. (...I'm so ...gone.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.