Forum › Kindred Spirits On The Roof Demo Now Available!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
joined Jun 12, 2015

I like it. It's really good.
7 days left. I'm hyped.

Also BGM is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9_K2YPNiRQ&

last edited at Feb 5, 2016 12:00PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wanted to get the game but 30 bucks? Yikes.

joined May 23, 2015

That's actually cheaper than the Japanese download version by a fairly large amount. And less than half the original price.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

vndb has it at 10-30 hours as well so id say thats a pretty good price.

also, the game is out :)

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hmmm, if the game really is 30 hours long then is an excellent price.

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

Bought it, this is the most I've given for a videogame in years. Here's to more yuri in the future!

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

I've heard it's closer to ~20 hours. Still substantially more than any other translated yuri VN!

I've also heard that the game isn't "fully" voiced. Can anyone confirm? Is it like some background characters (teachers/faceless students/etc) have no voice (which is fairly typical) or is it that some normally voiced characters have lines that aren't actually voiced? Because that would be a bit of a shame. :(

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Huh, the game was a lot cheaper on Steam. Weird.

joined Oct 3, 2014

I've also heard that the game isn't "fully" voiced. Can anyone confirm? Is it like some background characters (teachers/faceless students/etc) have no voice (which is fairly typical) or is it that some normally voiced characters have lines that aren't actually voiced? Because that would be a bit of a shame. :(

From a reviewer on Steam:

The game has partial Voice-Acting
How partial? Well... about a fifth. From my estimation (not looking at raw files, but simply from my experience playing the game...) it seems to be somewhere around five to six hours of voice acting. That's more than any single season of anime will have, anyway. All of the funniest, most exciting, or most painful moments are acted--it is a slight disappointment that it all isn't, but, they made sure they got the most out of the performances, and they are well-done.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I've heard it's closer to ~20 hours. Still substantially more than any other translated yuri VN!

Started to play it and so far, it seems that the main protagonists are fully voiced (and I already love Hina-chan's voice <3 ). As for the side protagonists, from the scene I reached before going to bed, they don't have voice until it gets somewhat romantic.

So if that keep following that pattern, they'll get voice for the "important" part.

My only setdown so far is that the resolution is small and no option to raise it, not even possible to manually resize the window. And if going fullscreen, it doesn't look nice with widescreen. Kind of a pity for a somewhat recent game, especially when you got used to games that have higher resolutions and widescreen compatibility.

Aside from that, the game looks promising.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I haven't bought the game yet, so just wanted to ask, can you switch off the BGM/general music? Or is all the audio linked together that you can't do that?

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I haven't bought the game yet, so just wanted to ask, can you switch off the BGM/general music? Or is all the audio linked together that you can't do that?

There's options for Music, SFX and Voice. You can turn them on/off or adjust.

I'm about an hour in and I like it. The start is rather drawn out but the conversations have an organic feel to them. I just keep running into a bug after about 15-20 minutes where the screen freezes. The story will still advance if I click, and the audio continues, but the text and animations don't advance. Their steam help page isn't working, either. Gonna trudge through for now... -_-

EDIT: On the discussions page, the developer said running the .exe directly rather than through steam helps performance. Gonna try that.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 7:04AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

A review after a few more days of playing that game :

Gnaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! cuteness overload

That is all, thank you.

last edited at Feb 16, 2016 5:36PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'm so jealous of you guys. I constantly see screenshots of the game and see pretty funny conversations. I'm resigned to not being able to play it..

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

10 hours now, it's very good. Really enjoying the story.

But the damn game still lags. -_- No fix for it yet, and I'm not the only one having issues, either.

Right now it's a cycle of play for 15 minutes, lag, close game, reboot, repeat.

joined Jan 12, 2014

But the damn game still lags. -_- No fix for it yet, and I'm not the only one having issues, either.

Same for me. But I gave up for now, as restarting every 15 minutes gets annoying.
Gotta wait a patch. =/

joined Jun 12, 2015

Try to run game as administrator or in compatibility mode. Both of this options worked for me.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Try to run game as administrator or in compatibility mode. Both of this options worked for me.

Tried, nothing worked. Oh well, for some random reason it got better toward the end.

Btw, did finish the game, haven't played the extras yet.

Play it. Immediately. It's so incredibly good. I found it a bit drawn out at times, but all of the couples are given plenty of content to make it satisfying, and the ending... T_T

Just play it. It's worth it. For the record, according to Steam I've played for 23 hours. Before extras.

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

It delivers what it promises. There's a lot of content, so at least one arc or character should resonate with any one player. Writing ranges from so-so to solid. I felt the protagonist, Yuna, carried a lot of the game. She's mature, honest, hard-working, self-possessed, a lot of things I'd aspire to be! Without spoilers, her arc was what I wanted.

Aside from her, I really liked the dry, diffident Nena. I'd be all over a game where she gets more love. She was easily the best character in her group. Also Aki was great, one of the few characters who steps into the frame totally self-aware. On top of that, she's responsible, confident, flirtatious and has good taste in music. (Simon & Garfunkel? The Carpenters? Yes please!)

The teacher / student combo felt too irresponsible and unrealistic for me, though I daresay they got one of the better love scenes. I may be biased as I do like it when a smaller lover takes the lead over someone much bigger.

The two athletes, Matsuri and Miyu, were a welcome shift in perspective as they're already in a sexually active relationship when they make an appearance, so there wasn't any circular soul-searching. It was good to see more of the trials and tribulations of making a relationship work rather than just attaining one.

The game's nothing life-changing, but it's light, fun and there's lots of it. I'm certainly glad I bought it.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Make a good point on resonating. My personal favorite couple was SasaxUmi, especially because of Sasa. Though toward the end the game seemed to forget them.

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

True, that was a bit of a shame as there was material to work with there. Especially seeing as Umi seems to have a really poor grasp of her own sexual response. That could have been a tasty drama vein if Sasa got hung up on it, but there just wasn't any further development, which was a bit odd considering how generally exhaustive the game is but, hey-ho, nothing can be all things to all people.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Finished it too after around 24h, now going into the extras and that's definitively a good game, both as VN and yuri.

Did quite the feat of making me like all of the couples there, which is rare enough to be mentioned. I was expecting a few to not interest me for various reason, but in the end, they all have their little something that make them lovable.

Art can be a little weak at time, especially during the "sex" scenes, where sometimes, the lines got a bit messy. but rest of the time, I enjoyed the chara design and the style has its charms, but not exactly the best that can be found.

Started on the extras and it gives some nice insight on how the various characters interact with each other outside of the usual pairing at times along with sheding some lights on stuff that were just hinted during the course of the game.

Totally fond of Hina, she's cute in so many ways... <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.