Forum › Sasameki Koto discussion

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Warning to those who are about to buy Whispered Words (Sasameki Koto) v3 by One Peace Books.

https://twitter.com/ptjtsubasa/status/564769035569856513

I finely noticed the complaints about One Peace Books release of Whispered Words. I bought all three volumes and had no complaints about volumes 1 and 2. Since I read the scanlation on this site. I hadn't read all the way through volume three yet, so I hadn't noticed anything till I saw this post.

When I checked, it looks like they accidentally omitted page 76 of the original volume 8 (ch. 43, just about halfway through volume 3 of this omnibus) and that threw off everything from there on with the even pages on the left and the odd pages on the right. Off course that means that the two page spreads ended up on front and back of the same page. You'd think they could notice that before doing a full print run. I thought publishing companies did sample prints before doing a print run? I'm sure they've realized by now; I wonder if they'll correct it for any future print run? Probably to much to expect that they'd replace the defective copies free.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

About GEN Manga quality, does anyone knows if this only happens to physical version or also with the digital?

They don't release much physical media. I own two volumes from them and my only complaint is that the dpi is a bit lower than what I'd like it to be. It's not deal breaking though. Their digital releases aren't usually that bad, for whatever reason Ajichi just gets the short end of the stick.

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 9:45PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

They don't release much physical media. I own two volumes from them and my only complaint is that the dpi is a bit lower than what I'd like it to be. It's not deal breaking though. Their digital releases aren't usually that bad, for whatever reason Ajichi just gets the short end of the stick.

That's a shame, Ajichi is one of the few that interested me, is the rest of their manga worth? Do they also have manhwa? Since english is not my native language sometimes I'm not sure if I understood it right, but from what I read it's only an annual pay of 24$? And the most important, any yuri?

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 2:37AM

joined Dec 1, 2010

Sigh, I want to buy the books but that error will annoy me. Still, I should probably get them anyway >_<

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sigh, I want to buy the books but that error will annoy me. Still, I should probably get them anyway >_<

Don't get the last. The first two volumes were actually pretty decent in the way of first printings, but wait till the third has a re-release, re-printing, or there's some official word from One Peace (there may already be, I don't know) before jumping in.

It really sucks that this happened, but it'd be a huge shame to be stuck with that when they may yet correct it. Many thanks to YuriGirl for posting too, I hadn't picked up my copy yet and I'm very glad I didn't.

That's a shame, Ajichi is one of the few that interested me, is the rest of their manga worth? Do they also have manhwa? Since english is not my native language sometimes I'm not sure if I understood it right, but from what I read it's only an annual pay of 24$? And the most important, any yuri?

This and this are what you're looking for if you want to know about the content. The only yuri is by Ajichi; they also have yaoi, slice of life, action, and mystery.

It's $2 a month for full (digital) access to everything they've released. Releases are provided as drm-free(?) .pdf's, and you can cancel at any time. They used to provide the raws for the "magazine" as well, but those download links seem to be kaput.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 12:53PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

This and this are what you're looking for if you want to know about the content. The only yuri is by Ajichi; they also have yaoi, slice of life, action, and mystery.

It's $2 a month for full (digital) access to everything they've released. Releases are provided as drm-free(?) .pdf's, and you can cancel at any time. They used to provide the raws for the "magazine" as well, but those download links seem to be kaput.

Thanks, I didn't notice I could read about their content, I going to have a look later, although they don't seen to have a lot of manga that I will like, it's only 2$ for month, maybe I will buy it, the problem is what they did to Ajichi, her other two mangas are in 2014, and from what I read I need to buy the entire year to get the older releases, I don't think I will pay 24$ after what they did to Ajichi, maybe I should find someone to buy it together... Anyone want to buy it with me?

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 1:33PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks, I didn't notice I could read about their content, I going to have a look later, although they don't seen to have a lot of manga that I will like, it's only 2$ for month, maybe I will buy it, the problem is what they did to Ajichi, her other two mangas are in 2014, and from what I read I need to buy the entire year to get the older releases

Ahh, yeah you're right actually, you do have to pay the full $24 for a year of archives. Sorry, I was subscribed under the old model, and I didn't realize anything had changed. Best of luck!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Thanks, I didn't notice I could read about their content, I going to have a look later, although they don't seen to have a lot of manga that I will like, it's only 2$ for month, maybe I will buy it, the problem is what they did to Ajichi, her other two mangas are in 2014, and from what I read I need to buy the entire year to get the older releases

Ahh, yeah you're right actually, you do have to pay the full $24 for a year of archives. Sorry, I was subscribed under the old model, and I didn't realize anything had changed. Best of luck!

Thanks, I will need luck, I already tried to buy manga with people from my country (Brazil), but most people here have problems with murica because of the help they gave to mantain the military dictatorship, so even if I find someone here who also read manga in english, no one want to pay for it because of that... My only choice would be find someone from another country, didn't find anyone yet...

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I was poking around at http://www.onepeacebooks.com/ and found a news item dated 2015/3/12 linking to an item at AnimeNation http://www.animenation.net/blog/2015/03/10/last-kind-whispered-words/. At the bottom of that page is this quote:

EDIT: I’ve received word from One Peace Books that the double-page spreads not lining-up properly was due to the first printing of the English language volume 3 omnibus accidentally omitting a single page that wasn’t vital to the story progression. A second printing to re-insert the missing page is already scheduled.

But so far I haven't found out anything else, like when or what happens with the defective books already out there. Their website description of the volume doesn't even mention the problem (of course) and I can't find any way to contact them as a customer. (As a reporter, book seller, job applicant, or writer, sure; but not as a customer.) Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Update on final English volume of Whispered Words (Sasameki Koto). Seems like they fixed the double spread page error for the new printing.

last edited at May 10, 2015 12:36AM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Do you know if they've recalled the first printing or at least where to get a good copy? Unfortunately it looks like Barnes & Noble doesn't carry anything but the first volume in its stores and I don't think anybody else around here does, either, so I can't flip through and verify. I'm really reluctant to just order this online after that screwup.

joined Jul 11, 2015

guyysss whoever reading this, i reread the last ch of sasameki koto on dynasty (i read it earlier on mangahere) why are they have it different? is the whole ch(s) different? ;-; halp im confused

joined Jul 31, 2014

Only now I come to this manga. I've been watching this anime for long time without even know of manga. Anime only up till chapter 12. They should continue the anime cus this ending is too valuable. I really love this story.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

guyysss whoever reading this, i reread the last ch of sasameki koto on dynasty (i read it earlier on mangahere) why are they have it different? is the whole ch(s) different?

What are you referring to?

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Aawh! I watched the anime, and it didn't feel like the right end. I was right! I'm glad i found this and read this. On the last chapter ( 53 ) on page 27 or something, tomoe starts talking in dutch on the phone. I was suprised!
I loved the serie, manga and anime. It was very cute, and the art was so pretty!

44716723_p17
joined Aug 9, 2015

I just read this for the first time, and I can't believe it took me six years until I actually gave this manga a proper go! Part of me regrets that, I should have read it back in 2010. I loved every minute though! What an excellent series.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

It's a shame they didn't finish the anime. I really liked it but I guess it didn't get enough views.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

guyysss whoever reading this, i reread the last ch of sasameki koto on dynasty (i read it earlier on mangahere) why are they have it different? is the whole ch(s) different?

I couldn't think of why that would be the case considering those fuckwits just rip it straight from the scanlator asap, but then I remembered that there were some changes (sometimes minor, sometimes semi-major) when it moved from magazine to tanks. That may be what occurred.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Just reread it from the beginning to the end in one sitting.

The emotion is still the same. It made me cry like the first time.

I love Sumika and Ushio.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I couldn't think of why that would be the case considering those fuckwits just rip it straight from the scanlator asap, but then I remembered that there were some changes (sometimes minor, sometimes semi-major) when it moved from magazine to tanks. That may be what occurred.

Did the scanlators adjust their releases with those changes?
From what I think I understood, the sites rip em off as soon as they're up, and then in the tanks there were changes, sooo... the chapters on dynasty had those changes?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the confusion is that when the translation was originally done, it only went up to about 10 or so chapters before the end. One person stepped up and did translations of a few of them, and the last one if memory serves. They were very rough though, both in translation and typesetting. Much later, MakiMaki came in and re-did those, plus filling in the missing chapters. They also used the tank versions, as indicated earlier in this discussion thread, and it did have some extra pages.

All this is from memory, except for the bit about the tank release, so I might have some details wrong.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yaay, today i bought volume 1!
Reading it now õwõ

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I reviewed this. It's the yuri manga that made me realize I like yuri. Here's the review:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/sasameki-koto/

When it comes down to the split on how this series ended, after reading it three times I've come to think it definitely could've been tighter/shorter and I don't really like a lot of what's going on in the last two volumes. When I first read it I was REALLY low on it, but on a second and later third read I liked it a lot better.

It's overall a good series but among the body of yuri works I've read it doesn't rank super highly for me. I feel like my review sounds super negative, but I'm not actually all that negative about it. I just don't like the ending.

Or Aoi.

But that's it!

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Or Aoi.

HA. Same!

984ee08ca42d308f9bdaa33a06c653e7
joined Dec 24, 2015

Just came across this one today. Glad I read it, but sad I didn't read it before. The bonus chapter with the angst was... x)

To reply you must either login or sign up.