Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

joined Mar 23, 2013

I love the series but ... once again, how dense is she?

Denser than a neutron star.

joined Sep 11, 2014

I can't help but to think this manga has somehow lost its original track or something. Every character that appears end up falling for Himawari-san, the whole atmosphere of the bookstore seems to be faded out, the books had lost their protagonism, up to this point it seems that Matsuri's crush is just used as a comedy purpose even. And now the author puts a random boy (who has a crush on Himawari-san, what a surprise), and Matsuri who should react the more against this situation only thinks on get the boy back to the bookstore to have an "answer"?.
Seriously I had been losing a lot of interest on every new chapter this have to offer.

I don't know, maybe I was expecting that Matsuri's feelings were taken to some sort of real development with Himawari-san, but in almost 30 chapters it's has only been used every time as just a gag and I kind of get pissed because of that. Matsuri's smile should be something that has to be protected, not just used for reasons.

I also felt that some mangas has lost their appeal as well, for example Shinozaki-san. I guess they were more received for other aspects than yuri. What I mean is like Shinozaki-san is lately more focused on fujoshi comedy rather than the yuri, the same as Miss Sunflower (not many focus on MatsurixHimawari-san. I get it if it's a slow romance, but god, this is ridiculous. *end rant

last edited at Dec 8, 2015 3:29AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Wheres a chapter with the kissing tag!!??? o.O lol
But optimistically I will sense the yuri....ms.sunflower totally noticed a boy checking a girl out but thought it was Matsuri because she's desirable to ms.sunflower....yesh, the yuri is strong ^_^
It was pretty funny with Yuu-sensei teasing her and getting to watch ms.sunflower's reactions/realizations
(Side note when ms.sunflower said it was like a novel she could have meant a light novel with a yuri love triangle where a boy interferes) (my goggles are strong today) :p

joined Apr 20, 2013

"interesting"? where? this chapter divided in 2 just made me Zzzzz

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Certainly Matsuri will bring that boy back to the bookstore. Or at least whatever remains after she's done with him.

last edited at Dec 8, 2015 7:53AM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Your required serving of het.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

not Het development!!!!

Honoka%201
joined Jun 23, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/gTwKxCi.png - Wishful thinking.

How the heck do you upload images on the comments section anyway?

joined Jan 8, 2014

Lol, yeah I had a whole story also Faylicia...one Matsuri roughs up the boy(physically or verbally) when she finds out.. or two, Matsuri breaks down in Ms.sunflowers arms about not wanting to lose her etc..
The problem is ms.sunflower is a character who totally experiences life like a book, you know like one step removed so the whole concept of her being part of the story or having romantic progression is foreign...thats why I was delighted by the teasing of Yuu-sensei maybe shell figure it out and be the one to confess? At least I hope so ^_^

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but this chapter was wonderful. I love how Matsuri went from being shocked and displeased about being liked by the boy, to being completely and utterly horrified at the prospect he liked Miss Sunflower. The emotional roller coaster alone makes it worth the read. Why is Matsuri so amazing?

last edited at Dec 8, 2015 1:05PM

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

WHOA it finally came out!

I wonder how many chapters are left, at least 50+ from my own estimation

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

WHOA it finally came out!

I wonder how many chapters are left, at least 50+ from my own estimation

Given that timeframe, their relationship's developing faster than Fluttering Feelings.

Too soon?

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

I already said it before

But yeah it'll be years before this series finishes
And considering the confusion with the translator group's leader, I wonder if they can even finish

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

DynastyMaker

And considering the confusion with the translator group's leader, I wonder if they can even finish

It should be possible. The group is still getting things together but there are people still actively working on project. The only real issue that I can think of is that as far as I know Sachiko is the person who provided all the raws for the group so after doing what we have stocked up we'd have to find someone else to provide raws unless Sachiko comes back.

Honoka%201
joined Jun 23, 2015

It should be possible. The group is still getting things together but there are people still actively working on project. The only real issue that I can think of is that as far as I know Sachiko is the person who provided all the raws for the group so after doing what we have stocked up we'd have to find someone else to provide raws unless Sachiko comes back.

If that's the case and if the group finally finds another source for the raws, I would be willing to be an editor for the series. Well for a chapter or two since I'm currently tied up with another series. Do you guys currently need help with scanlating Miss Sunflower?... I hate waiting for too long for another chapter, it kind of ruins the flow for me. Though all of your efforts are appreciated!

And I wish for Sachiko-sama's return... I hope she's okay.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

aiborie

If that's the case and if the group finally finds another source for the raws, I would be willing to be an editor for the series. Well for a chapter or two since I'm currently tied up with another series. Do you guys currently need help with scanlating Miss Sunflower?... I hate waiting for too long for another chapter, it kind of ruins the flow for me. Though all of your efforts are appreciated!

I think Miss Sunflower in particular is probably fine other than the current issue in obtaining raws. (Which after a quick check it seems we actually do need for Miss Sunflower after this last chapter.) It's one of Kawaii's more popular series so it's going to have more people available to work on it.

And me too but from what I've gathered this has been known to happen before, often because of work hour stuff, so I'm guessing it's probably something like that here too.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Sorry I havent followed this discussion. But has anyone answered why this story had a yuri tag though?

joined Oct 20, 2013

Raws for the rest of Himawari San are all organised now for the next two and a half Tankoubons worth of material.
There will be a short gap, unfortunately, but we're on track to have new chapters released in the first half of January.
To answer questions about how long it is, at the moment there are 6 volumes and a drama CD.

We're all good for editors at the moment but thanks for the interest.
So do we. I understand it was something to do with a job but not 100%.

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 2:11PM

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

If you guys need any help

I could join your team, I'm already a member of Cirno9Baka's group
But I can to make time to help

Although I'm best at proof reading, and training in typesetting

Honoka%201
joined Jun 23, 2015

I think Miss Sunflower in particular is probably fine other than the current issue in obtaining raws. (Which after a quick check it seems we actually do need for Miss Sunflower after this last chapter.) It's one of Kawaii's more popular series so it's going to have more people available to work on it.

And me too but from what I've gathered this has been known to happen before, often because of work hour stuff, so I'm guessing it's probably something like that here too.

Thank you for the info Alice Cheshire! That's kind of you.

We're all good for editors at the moment but thanks for the interest.
So do we. I understand it was something to do with a job but not 100%.

Good to hear Hanabi! Love your name, fireworks. Just post somewhere if you need help, will be willing to help out in the future.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

If anyone can translate that'd be helpful

I found a raw of the next chapter, so if someone can explain the dialogue I can add text
http://raw.senmanga.com/Himawari-San/30/1

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

Ugh. This is too cute. I just need more Matsuri and Miss Sunflower goodness ;;

And if we could finallyyyy have some development between our two protags. that would be a lovely thing.

last edited at Dec 27, 2015 2:04AM

joined Oct 30, 2015

Miss Himawari-san is so Adorable. ^-^ I want to hug her... Or squeeze her. Or tease her. Or make her blush. Fufufu~ Ah~ My Yuri-side is going too far (⎈⍵⎈) Ohohoho~ My 'Fears' are Nightmares, Heights, Bouncy Boobs, Blood, Knives, Chores, Bugs, Insects, Ghosts, Devils, Demons, Monsters, Creatures, Reality, Death, and MUCH more... And also maybe Drowning... Heh.. I need more.

last edited at Dec 29, 2015 2:23PM

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

aww the cuteness overload :3

DynastyMaker
Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

If anyone can translate that'd be helpful

I found a raw of the next chapter, so if someone can explain the dialogue I can add text
http://raw.senmanga.com/Himawari-San/30/1

Our translator is already at work on a script using the slightly different Tankoubon raw. We make sure not to double up on other group's project as to not waste their time and money, and would appreciate if you showed the same courtesy.

If you could wait approximately 3 weeks it would be great, after that we'd be on track to release further chapters at a steady pace.

https://almostkawaii.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/kanocame-7/

I just went to the new site
Sounds like everything is back on track for the most part

That's great news!

To reply you must either login or sign up.