Forum › Girl Meets Girl discussion

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

This thread is just making me sad that the the best yuri anime (IMO) is still the SonoHana OVA - Sweet with a bit of drama, fluffy yet sexual at the same time.

joined Jan 8, 2014

This was so cute! ^_^ I dunno about y'all but I think Takemiya-sensei is one of the best yuri mangakas

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

KcaT posted:

This was so cute! ^_^ I dunno about y'all but I think Takemiya-sensei is one of the best yuri mangakas

+1

joined Jul 18, 2015

MOAR FROM TAKEMIYA JIN! <3

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Aw this was very cute. But man, that girl's hair looked so weird throughout the story....

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

Your crush is your childhood friend
Luck for ya

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Meiko is both cute and adorable!!
Just love how Anna is slowy but surely succumbing to the charm of her "best friend".

This seriously needs a second part.

joined Jul 8, 2013

By now the only way Girl Friend is getting an anime is if Crunchyroll picks it up for their Original Content. Which is not gonna happen.

I'm aware that there's -15 chance of getting a Girlfriends anime lol. That's just the manga that always comes to mind when I try to think of a series that could accomplish what I desire in a yuri anime.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

This was adorable!

joined Feb 1, 2013

Sooo much FLUFFY hair! I desperately wanna see more of these two cuties!

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

it's definitely not the type of series for your typical anime viewer and no matter how much you love it I know you can't deny that lol.

I deny it, because there is no such thing as a "typical anime viewer". Even if there was, something being accessible to as wide an audience as possible is not a mark of quality - usually the reverse, in fact.

In any case, thank you Divulge for this release.

That is a valid point, "typical anime viewer" probably wasn't the best phrase to use, and I didn't mean to imply that it's an all-powerful marker of quality which is why I didn't argue you when you said you thought it was the greatest because if you say its the greatest then it is even though I personally disagreed. That is the nature of opinion. But the whole point I was trying to make was that for the "age of yuri" to REALLY start we needed a "truly great yuri anime" and in the comment you replied to I defined that as a yuri anime that doesn't just target one or two specific niches but can be thoroughly enjoy by a wider group of people. Something like Onepunch-man which is a series that is almost undeniably great by everyone (of course, that's a generalization but you're gonna struggle to find too many people that dislike it, frankly). A yuri series like this is what could trigger the anime companies to realize "OH! People actually like yuri, go figure," and from that point there'd be a higher chance of us seeing more and more high quality yuri anime rather than just one every year or two like we've been getting. If I just wanted a good or decent yuri anime there are a couple (even though personally, I think most aren't lol), as I have acknowledged, but from the start this is what I meant (even though I failed to define it in my first comment lol) and I honestly don't think that one's been made yet even though there are plenty of applicable source materials available.
I'm happy to acknowledge that more and more yuri animes have been made recently and slowly but surely they seem to be increasing in quality and frequency so maybe that "truly great yuri anime" I want isn't too far away lol.

yea gonna have to go with cryssoberyl on this one. just because you personally do not think there has been any game changing yuri out there does not mean there isn't any at all. it just simply means that the ones that are, are not to your taste.

having personal tastes/opinions and not liking certain genres is fine and all, but it can be pretty limiting.

joined May 23, 2013

Tell me if this isn't the cuttest manga Jin has ever made. Just so cute. Like a puppy cute.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 12:30AM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

"Why'd you have to be so cool, old me"
Killed me

joined May 23, 2013

Be happy there is even yuri outhere yuri fans. Be happy at least we get one Yuri anime.

joined Jul 16, 2015

I noticed that the movie they saw was very similar to a movie Chinatsu and Yui watched in Yuru Yui Season 3, Episode 7. There were two women kissing and then one of them turned into a monster.

I feel like it is too much of a coincidence. Is that a real movie? Or is there some kind of joke about it? Or maybe the series were referencing each other? Idk x.x

Does anyone know the answer?

last edited at Jan 6, 2016 2:53PM

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

Leaving my mark on this lump of sugar, gotta go get my insulin now

To reply you must either login or sign up.