Forum › Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! discussion

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Honestly, I'm only checking this thread if there's already development in Kaede x Akina relationship. But looks like nothing so I'll just slowly back away :3

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This series started to become boring.

I agree.

At this point every character is way, way more interesting than Shinozaki, and thus, every time she takes the spotlight she brings the whole thing down.

I actually agree that it's boring, but disagree as to why. I think they're relying too much on the rest of the cast. I'm forgetting who most people are and everything. Too many different cliques of friends and what not.

last edited at Dec 12, 2015 5:10PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I've been re-reading a lot (for TvTropes!) and in Chapter 24, Ayu mentions a cool girl playing Romeo for her class' play. Later on, Konatsu mentions that Touko is unanimously voted as Romeo (with Konatsu playing as Juliet). With the author's penchant for Chekhov's Gun, Ayu, Touko and Konatsu must be in the same class.

Another thing: Chapter 25 introduces Koto Shiinamachi, Haru's younger sister. Haru was introduced during Chapter 1. She's the girl in front of Akina.

I really like how everything connects.

last edited at Dec 14, 2015 8:46AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I know that feeling Akina ;_;

also that was one of the gayest chapters in a while. Good.

joined Sep 11, 2014

Finally a chapter with yuri. Not as much as I had hoped for, but at least it's there.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Bwahaha, Akina going all tsundere toward doujins, that was another great chapter. XD

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

Oh god she moved to writing fanfics, she is in too deep.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OH! Akina going full yuri fangirl for Kanade and Kaede... yup, this was a good chapter, gave me a big smile too even if her denial is still strong

Kaede: you've fallen for Kanade

GET A FUCKING CLUE ALREADY!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Huh, it's amazing how similar Japanese and English fanfiction apparently are. I do hope more yuri goodness comes soon, though.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Best chapter in awhile, not only yuri, but emphasizing the dangers of geeking out :p
Itd be fun to see Akina squirm when Kaede starts talking about some fan fiction she read online ^_^

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Am I the only one who can totally 120% relate to Akina? That feeling when a small comment or thought just propels other people, much less a whole fandom to ship you new otp?? Great God, it feels like me when I'm drawing doujinshi (I tend to fantasize about the girl I like to help fuel my creativity too.)

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

It's been a while since we've seen a chapter with Akina getting drawin into otaku things like fanfics and fanart. good to see the series getting back to its roots. At this point, Akina is just denying her otakuness to be a hipster. Because being an otaku seems to be becoming increasingly mainstream in this universe.

Also, Where can I find the Action RPG MMO that lets you have casual chats and laid-back adventures with high quality customized 3D avatars and can be played on a PS Vita? I've been wondering that since chapter 7.

last edited at Dec 17, 2015 10:00AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Oh Akina, I know how you feel!

When there's not so much content on what you like, you create it but you can only do so much... ;_;

I remember my days of liking Shizune when the KS fandom is going gaga over Lily, Hinako, Rin and Emi...

Or shipping Touko x Yuuki when there's no het in Marimite...

And that feeling when you receive comments...

Best. Feeling. Ever.

Feels good!

last edited at Dec 17, 2015 10:01AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Akina's overreaction stoped being cute about 15 chapters ago. As seein her like that is no longer funny, I can't help but worry that her current procedure of using her rejection of being an otaku as a screen to not have to think on her potential homosexual, is starting to break her (I know I'm overthinking this gag manga, but seeing Akina right now actually makes me sad).

last edited at Dec 17, 2015 10:13AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

blopa posted:

Akina's overreaction stoped being cute about 15 chapters ago. As seein her like that is no longer funny, I can't help but worry that her current procedure of using her rejection of being an otaku as a screen to not have to think on her potential homosexual, is starting to break her (I know I'm overthinking this gag manga, but seeing Akina right now actually makes me sad).

I know that, if this were a more serious manga she would end twisted or at some point snap, but you need to enjoy it like it is, something funny... You might be using a hyperbole for comparison but to say that this one wasn't funny... Hmmm I think you need a break from Shinozaki, your expectations are way too high.

My comment in the previous chapter had some frustration too, because even in front of her friends, confronted with reality and faced with question she will still deny it all so I feel that she author doesn't want her to open to anybody, that's frustrating but in this episode she was alone so it couldn't be helped, it was cute.

THAT'S IT! for this manga to avoid going in circles, Akina needs someone to find out and keep the secret, is really bad for her health to keep all to herself like that, because no matter if she is with her old friends or her new friends, she can't enjoy herself without mixing feelings, she is always alone with her feelings. I vote for Mii-chan or the kouhai that we saw in one episode

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Even if it's actually about her otakuness it's getting a little sad. The past few chapters have basically been:
"You're clearly an otaku. We're cool with it, don't worry. Why don't we become otaku to be better friends with you."
"No! I won't get sucked in!"
"What are you talking about dude, you spaz out everytime we do anything otaku-related."
"Not an otaku!"
sigh "fine, fine, let's just do this thing that otakus also do."
"okay..." spazzes out

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

srly this chapter was fun, but this is it, its starting to get ridiculous, someone has to find this out and put some fucking clue on her head. I hope her brother finds it out so she stops bullying him too.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I don't think it's worn out yet, but I do hope they show some actual development between Akina and Kaede soon.

K-8mrinwxaaz9-lt_gbsmjyizpi6k9rxvvyg8qyvh-o
joined Jun 24, 2015

I don't think it's worn out yet, but I do hope they show some actual development between Akina and Kaede soon.

At the very least she needs to realize she is an otaku. I'm enjoying the series as is, but this situation is getting a bit old. I need her to start going through some sort of crisis, maybe freaking out someone will find out or something. Something new has to be added to the mix.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, I liked the tsundere sequence about doujins, with the grin she can't wipe off her face.

"It's not like I'm happy my fandom gets recognition or anything"

*relates... *

last edited at Dec 17, 2015 2:20PM

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

And in this chapter 29, Akina self-invents the concept of: "Stop liking what I don't like".

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And next, she will be able to say "I liked it before it was popular!"

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This chapter (29) was pure perfection.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

blopa posted:

I know that, if this were a more serious manga she would end twisted or at some point snap, but you need to enjoy it like it is, something funny... You might be using a hyperbole for comparison but to say that this one wasn't funny... Hmmm I think you need a break from Shinozaki, your expectations are way too high.

My comment in the previous chapter had some frustration too, because even in front of her friends, confronted with reality and faced with question she will still deny it all so I feel that she author doesn't want her to open to anybody, that's frustrating but in this episode she was alone so it couldn't be helped, it was cute.

THAT'S IT! for this manga to avoid going in circles, Akina needs someone to find out and keep the secret, is really bad for her health to keep all to herself like that, because no matter if she is with her old friends or her new friends, she can't enjoy herself without mixing feelings, she is always alone with her feelings. I vote for Mii-chan or the kouhai that we saw in one episode

Not sure if it's an issue of expectations, but I actually feel sad when I read the last chapters. I'll follow your advise and drop this for the time being.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I think this was the greatest chapter yet mostly because of the fact that it relates so much to me. I mean, I couldn't really put myself to relate to Akina because she's popular and very... uh, energetic at the very least and her doing sports but this chapter was just great. That moment you publish your thing and you get those reviews. It may not be that good but the fact that people liked it.

Now I'm curious what Akina wrote.

To reply you must either login or sign up.