Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

ah... i don't know about consoles, but it's only recently that it's on steam for pc,
the fact that thare are very few jrpg for pc adds to its value, but it's a great game anyway

urgh I expected that the west would no longer support the PSP....but I'm not much of a PC gamer....I don't even have a mouse....

Are there actually people that enjoy those games? Like, from a gameplay perspective?

Quite a few if I remember but there's the whole thing with western censorship so I bet most of them would import from Japan anyway

last edited at Nov 24, 2015 2:11PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Aww maaan, now I got one game less to ignore. :/
Are there actually people that enjoy those games? Like, from a gameplay perspective?

They're fun on its own right but you're missing the point here. No matter the content nor the format every piece of media is at the end an expression from its creators. If you let pressure from certain social groups to censor it, then you're attempting against the freedom of expression we are entitled to as human beings.

You have problems with its content? Is your right as well, but then make just YOUR choice and don't make the call for anyone else.

last edited at Nov 24, 2015 2:08PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

To be fair, I only missed the point because I stopped caring after reading the head line.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Dogma: Eternal Night kickstarter is on.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

ah... i don't know about consoles, but it's only recently that it's on steam for pc,
the fact that thare are very few jrpg for pc adds to its value, but it's a great game anyway

urgh I expected that the west would no longer support the PSP....but I'm not much of a PC gamer....I don't even have a mouse....

well, the porting is very good, it works so well with the mouse, but originally it was made to be played with a basic pad, and you can config the controls at launch, pratically you need only w-a-s-d and 3 button for select/cancel/menu.
however, Xseed needed 2 years to traslate this, and then i think they'll use it for a psp version too,

i wish this game sell well, for pc and console, because ,if so, we'll have more jrpg in europe and on steam; now it's out the last of "tales of..." serie, tales of zestiria, for the first time on pc too, and i was really happy to be able to play it (i never had consoles), i started it in the same days of legend of heroes, and the second totally monopolized my interest, even if it's a little old.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

well, the porting is very good, it works so well with the mouse, but originally it was made to be played with a basic pad, and you can config the controls at launch, pratically you need only w-a-s-d and 3 button for select/cancel/menu.
however, Xseed needed 2 years to traslate this, and then i think they'll use it for a psp version too,

i wish this game sell well, for pc and console, because ,if so, we'll have more jrpg in europe and on steam; now it's out the last of "tales of..." serie, tales of zestiria, for the first time on pc too, and i was really happy to be able to play it (i never had consoles), i started it in the same days of legend of heroes, and the second totally monopolized my interest, even if it's a little old.

The biggest Problem with many JRPGs was the kinda low sales of the PSP here in Europe. So many good games never came here just because they were for PSP. And the big Problem I had with many Tales of.. games was the HORRIBLE voice acting here in the west. So I was pretty much forced to import most games from Japan just so I can listen to it (obviously I had to learn basic Japanese aswell).
Well enough whining.and see if I can get used to playing Legend of Heroes on PC

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^You could probably use a controller.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

WELP

Is the beginning of the end

http://nichegamer.com/2015/11/no-plans-to-bring-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-west-developer-koei-tecmo-fears-backlash/

Oh...I was just about to bitch about this...I'm late...well then...WTF!? ARGH! this.shit.needs.to.stop.NOW. let people play whatever they want to play! don't just censor everything by not releasing it sigh.

Pokemon Dawn x Cynthia Link: pixiv1 pixiv2

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

^You could probably use a controller.

That's not really the problem. It's more like I'm used to the PSP controls for the game so it feels slightly weird. And yeah I'm using a controller ...

Oh...I was just about to bitch about this...I'm late...well then...WTF!? ARGH! this.shit.needs.to.stop.NOW. let people play whatever they want to play! don't just censor everything by not releasing it sigh.

Censorship in the west is horrible but as long as nobody votes for a government who gets rid of that it'll continue destroying franchises for us.

last edited at Nov 24, 2015 10:43PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I just finished Written in the Sky. It was pretty stupid.

Written in the Sky was not that bad. It's a silly and very short story written for the Yuri Game Jam. You should not take it seriously. Especialy after watching the trailer. Just play and forget.

I would recommend another VN written for Yuri Game Jam called The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns. The writting is good, art is gorgeus and music playing in the background is nice.

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Haven't been following the discussion but I can't have been the only one who has been obsessed with Life is Strange.

Also, is there any way to turn on email notifications for when someone replies directly to your comment on here i.e. when they quote you?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So apparently the player can kiss the Senran Kagura girls now. Which is not creepy at all. Like, at all.

As you can see in this picture, it's not creepy. At all.

Just for the record, it's really fucking creepy, actually. At least the player seems to control girl's lips, I guess.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What a loot! All nep-games(vita -PP)+Pikmin 3+new phone? thank you black friday! But seriously 2-3 days till Earth's destructionXenoblade!....wait I need cash again!

So apparently the player can kiss the Senran Kagura girls now.

And that's what I call a wasted opportunity! I wanted to have the girls kiss each other >_> IkaYomi 4ever~

Game: Yoru no Nai Kuni Pairing: Arnas x Lyuritis Links: pixiv1 pixiv2

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So apparently the player can kiss the Senran Kagura girls now. Which is not creepy at all. Like, at all.

As you can see in this picture, it's not creepy. At all.

Just for the record, it's really fucking creepy, actually. At least the player seems to control girl's lips, I guess.

Aaaaaand they lost me. This is fucking stupid and throws out the window any possibility of everyone taking the writing on the series.

They went full waifu. YOU NEVER GO FULL WAIFU

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Haven't been following the discussion but I can't have been the only one who has been obsessed with Life is Strange.

Also, is there any way to turn on email notifications for when someone replies directly to your comment on here i.e. when they quote you?

I didn't even know that was a thing, did you try adjusting the settings?

Also regarding Life is Strange, someone was going to put a rant on here about it after the final episode came out but they never did. I'm kinda disappointed, even though I never really followed the game.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^The rant might be in the Yuri Media thread, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I really hate the whole waifu thing so this made me really sad. And I don't even play the series.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Aaaaaand they lost me. This is fucking stupid and throws out the window any possibility of everyone taking the writing on the series.

Is it really that bad? It's DLC right? I mean maybe I'm just used to it because of what happened in FE with Awakening(and fates)...not saying I like it and I hope it doesn't show up in other SK games.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

what happened in FE with Awakening

What happened there?

I think you can kiss the girls in the Locker Room or something? Is the Locker Room a thing? I think it's completely optional but personally I just don't like stuff pandering the waifu crowd, especially subtext or yuri stuff.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

what happened in FE with Awakening

What happened there?

I think you can kiss the girls in the Locker Room or something? Is the Locker Room a thing? I think it's completely optional but personally I just don't like stuff pandering the waifu crowd, especially subtext or yuri stuff.

Your customizable avatar is able to marry any other playable character, even gets a special "confession scene" in basically POV...you can guess how that turned out. Fates took a step further and let's leave it at that.

I agree with the second point, they should never aim for the quick buck that's known as the "waifu crowd" when the games have so much LGBT content. I'm not really worried at the moment because I know it's just to get some post-release extra cash.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I agree with the second point, they should never aim for the quick buck that's known as the "waifu crowd" when the games have so much LGBT content. I'm not really worried at the moment because I know it's just to get some post-release extra cash.

That is exactly the problem. The fact is an add on and no something built into the game from the get go (like it was the case with FE) says where are Takaki and Marvelous priorities.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

the overreactions here are pure gold

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

The power of video games.

I still can't look Bioware and EA in the face anymore...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

psst....they're companies, they don't have faces...

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, to be fair, EA was shit even without Mass Effect.

I like how saying you don't like somethings is considered overreacting now.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

psst....they're companies, they don't have faces...

They do in my nightmares...

O_O

This topic has been locked.