Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

OriginalGengar

Ragnaros is definitely a very strong card and your deck sounds like a control deck, so it should fit pretty well but if you don't have Alexstrasza and Antonidas, control mage won't take you very far. Weirdly enough, stacking spell damage is not that strong on mage decks because you'll use most of the spells for clearing end end up lacking damage to finish off the enemy, Alexstraza control or Rush Decks work better.

Yea, I can pull off some crazy stuns but I usually end up not having enough damage to finish game and since I lack good minions it is really just waiting to be defend. Not that I didn't have moments when spell damage and/or barrage of spells let me win, but I agree it isn't easy to pull every game. That is way I toned amount of spell damage minions a lot recently, not sure if it is working better, since I still usually lose to that annoying trio (I usually lose vs Mage matches exactly because my opponent has all that late game stuff that I don't) Still that Arcane Explosion dealing same damage as Flame Strike is priceless. Maybe I should went for Antonindas first, but in few games I did summoned Ragnaros it usually won me a game.

Doomsayer and the AoE freeze cards are a very strong combination for clearing, if you don't have those in your deck yet.

Oh I just disenchanted Doomsayer since I never use him xD. Yes, I use 2 Arcane Explosions (good against 1 health spam and even better when I have some spell damage), 1 Frost Nova (bought me time so many times, I <3 this spell), 1 Cone of Cold (I know it is kinda niche, but for its cost is pretty good with freezing 3 minions and sometimes that 1 damage can turn things around) and 2 Flame Strike. I used to play with just 1 Arcane and 1 Strike, but amount of rushes and spams just forced me to pick more clears. I like Blizzard but didn't know if it is good enough to try to put it in, but since it offers freeze and clear of low health minions I'm considering it.

You best bet for a low cost competitive deck is Face Hunter, even if you won't have Mad Scientist without the Naxx adventure. You probably can make rank 10 work with that for like 1000 - 1500 dust.

I'm not really that huge on playing ranked. I play ranked only with Mage and only so I can get 500 wins, so Jaina is all pretty and shiny @__@ I don't care if my rank drops. I'm willing to deal with it until I get Gold Mage and then say cya to ranked. At least until I get some better cards.

And yeah, fatique warrior is so annoying to play against, even with a late game oriented deck like mine. I got to as much as 7 fatique damage from not having any cards left while playing against them. Still won.

Yea, I already learned to play on their terms and just keep my cards till fatigue starts as well. Not that it helped me much so far.

I once had a game where I got him to 1 health pretty fast like in 10-15 turns and then lacked spells/minions to kill him, so he started to stack armor and once we got to fatigue he had like 40. Good thing I saved cards and once he started to take damage I thrown all at him and won because I dropped his armor pretty fast.

last edited at Nov 14, 2015 1:41PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

There's also a couple very frustrating bugs.

Well, it is a Bethesda open world game...

It's not like Skyrim where the bugs can be brushed off.

Like the one where the first dragon you fight doesn't give you his soul and you can't advance the story? Or the one where one of the dungeons just locks you in and you can't get out? The only reason you can brush off Skyrim bugs is the console and Fallout has that too.

Never experienced either of those bugs.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Maybe I should went for Antonindas first, but in few games I did summoned Ragnaros it usually won me a game.

You should probably go for Alexstrasza even before that. It's potentially 15 damage and leaves you with an 8/8 on the field so you can finish the enemy off in the next round with the correct cards in your hand.

Oh I just disenchanted Doomsayer since I never use him xD.

Playing an AoE freeze and Doomsayer in one turn is pretty much the best clear you can have, especially since control mages don't play many minions. It's very hard to disable Doomsayer (you'd need silence or 7 damage just from your hand) and not only does it kill off the whole board, it also prevents the enemy from playing new minions in his turn. Sometimes it's even good to play Doomsayer onto an empty board just to prevent him from playing cards (like on turn 4 when you have Thaurissan in your hand).

I'm not really that huge on playing ranked. I play ranked only with Mage and only so I can get 500 wins, so Jaina is all pretty and shiny @__@ I don't care if my rank drops. I'm willing to deal with it until I get Gold Mage and then say cya to ranked. At least until I get some better cards.

Hahaha, after you have 500 ranked wins with mage, you'll probably have enough gold and dust from quests and stuff to play ranked for real, at least if you don't play exessively every day. I play Hearthstone for a while now and did a few games per day (with some long and some short breaks) and I don't even have 500 wins in general now.

I once had a game where I got him to 1 health pretty fast like in 10-15 turns and then lacked spells/minions to kill him, so he started to stack armor and once we got to fatigue he had like 40. Good thing I saved cards and once he started to take damage I thrown all at him and won because I dropped his armor pretty fast.

Haha, at least you won. Losing after getting the enemy down to just a few health is the worst thing there is.

Never experienced either of those bugs.

Yeah, I guessed that. I'm just saying Skyrim is not better than Fallout in that regard.

last edited at Nov 14, 2015 2:15PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Ok...

Anyway, still enjoy the game. Plenty of randomness going on in the environment, like Far Cry. Constantly stumbling across different factions fighting one another. I just sit back with my sniper rifle and start picking off weaklings. Lots of fun.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Could You Rip Out a Person's Spine? by Vsauce.

in reference to Mortal Kombat (and Predator)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

oh.. oh geez.. oh no..

well.. it made me watch that Jontron video

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

oh.. oh geez.. oh no..

Are they seriously trying to make a Bubsy game again after that collossal fail with Bubsy 3D. Didn't expect that

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

oh.. oh geez.. oh no..

Are they seriously trying to make a Bubsy game again after that collossal fail with Bubsy 3D. Didn't expect that

I think it's just a re-release of the original and second games. Thankfully.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Trying not to be jealous of people with current-gen consoles is harder than I thought it would be. I feel like I'm missing out on all the cool stuff! Which I probably am.

I'm a Linux gamer. I feel your pain.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Trying not to be jealous of people with current-gen consoles is harder than I thought it would be. I feel like I'm missing out on all the cool stuff! Which I probably am.

I'm a Linux gamer. I feel your pain.

I'm a Windows gamer. I don't even know what you're talking about. Though I'd really like to have a Wii U.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014
Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

also, weird that they didn't try this earlier, even Oscar, a much inferior game than even Bubsy tried a revival in 2010

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013
Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I love fallout 4 its a good game however I have bug where I can't enter the police station. As soon as I do the world starts crashing through the floor. They really need to patch it I can't continue the quests. On a side note fallout 4 is yuri friendly you can romance other girl characters as a girl. You can also sleep with multiple people without breaking up your relationship. I'm just sad that you can't have a threesome then it would be synonymous to the yuri genera.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I love fallout 4 its a good game however I have bug where I can't enter the police station. As soon as I do the world starts crashing through the floor. They really need to patch it I can't continue the quests. On a side note fallout 4 is yuri friendly you can romance other girl characters as a girl. You can also sleep with multiple people without breaking up your relationship. I'm just sad that you can't have a threesome then it would be synonymous to the yuri genera.

Haven't dealt with that bug.

I've sank about 40 hours into this game. I don't think it's GOTY material, but still worth playing at least once. The characters and side stories are definitely the best part.

Blowing someone up with a Fat Man or killing someone with the Junk Jet... too much fun.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

That feeling when your PS Vita crashes and forces you to listen to the current background song until it runs out of power sigh (also had volume on high and it was freshly charged so it'll go on for 4 hours). Now what to do until that happens...

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Can't you force it to shut down? There's gotta be at least a reset mechanism.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

you should press the power button a second longer than you think you need to

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

you should press the power button a second longer than you think you need to

If that would work I wouldn't wait. If it crashes completely no button works anymore until the power is completely drained

^Can't you force it to shut down? There's gotta be at least a reset mechanism.

The funny thing is that the reset doesn't work when it freezes up like that.

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 3:38PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Yeha just gotta let it die. Had it happen to me twice with my Vita. So depressing. Volume buttons didn't even work so I just stuffed it in the bottom of my hamper overnight. Lol.... cry

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013
Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

amazing...

This is probably the second most amazing thing I've seen today

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3jfk-O7L0

I love both Undertale and the fandom for making stuff like this so this helps me feel better about today. Thanks Flips!

This topic has been locked.