Forum › New Game discussion

Dr_afcatele
joined Aug 15, 2015

I really hope this manga will be adapted in anime one day <3.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

seriously best line. Like cmon why don't you two just actually go out alreadyy

Who says they are not already?

joined Feb 28, 2015

seriously best line. Like cmon why don't you two just actually go out alreadyy

Who says they are not already?

They might not but there's a ton of subtext. Like Rin getting mad about her forgetting the trip they took or the part where her head is on Rin's lap.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Doubt they actually are together, especially given Rin's reaction to the drama when Kou was sleeping on her lap at the hospital, but that same reaction kinda imply that there's something going on that could blossom into something more. :3

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

Tsun-tears.

joined May 23, 2015

I'm actually kind of proud of "tsun-tears". It works pretty perfectly as an English version of the Japanese used, "tsun-uru".

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

i feel like i don't understand 'tsun-tears'. Is it a play on words, or is it just a portmanteau of 'tsundere' and 'tears'?

joined May 23, 2015

It's like tsundere, except instead of going dere, she goes all teary-eyed.

Because the entire chapter she switches wildly between acting tsun and being on the verge of crying.

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 10:26AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

No I understand why, I just thought there was a deeper meaning behind the chosen word. Thanks.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

it really is a pain when you have been working for hours and poof PC is off, vanished... effort gone.

happens quite frequently for me since the city I live on has a shitty power company with frequent dips in power surge and hours of blackouts every week.

Not to be a creeper but were do you live if the power company is that bad?

joined May 23, 2015

No I understand why, I just thought there was a deeper meaning behind the chosen word. Thanks.

No, it's just a translated version of "tsun-uru", where "uru uru" means "teary-eyed".

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013
Cate
joined May 15, 2015

ANIME HYPE

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

YES YES YES

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Too many moe animes. My diabete can't handle it.

I mean... this isn't even yuri. Even less than Kiniro.

It's cute girls doing cute things. I'm going to overdose.

last edited at Oct 26, 2015 10:49AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Oh yeah, great news !

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I would've liked a second season of yuyushiki instead... It has more insinuations xP but this one is so cuuuute, I bet the opening will give me diabetes

joined Jun 12, 2015

Too many moe animes. My diabete can't handle it.

I mean... this isn't even yuri. Even less than Kiniro.

It's cute girls doing cute things. I'm going to overdose.

I'm afraid CGDCT is a future of yuri. Yuri fandom in Japan loves it. I don't like that future.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

looking forward to the anime.

I'm afraid CGDCT is a future of yuri. Yuri fandom in Japan loves it. I don't like that future.

CGDCT has always been the place for yuri, in subtext form. In the past and in probably still for the future.

maybe cuz the "yuri fandom" is too small, and CGDCT anime appeals to those who like moe... ya know... a huge audience, unlike that of yuri.

last edited at Oct 26, 2015 12:19PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

CGDCT has always been the place for yuri, in subtext form. In the past and in probably still for the future.

maybe cuz the "yuri fandom" is too small, and CGDCT anime appeals to those who like moe... ya know... a huge audience, unlike that of yuri.

Yeah. That's why we have Yuru Yuri, a yuri anime that's not actually even yuri, but you can make it yuri with your own imagination. I've read that majority of yuri fandom in Japan loves subtext more than text. They like imagining their favorite ships more than reading about actual yuri couples.

Edit: If anyone is interested, I've read about that on yuricon.

last edited at Oct 26, 2015 1:14PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Now I'm real curious about Valkyrie Drive's reception on Japan.

Dr_afcatele
joined Aug 15, 2015

~I am dreaming!~
"Manga Time Kirara Carat Announces 'New Game!' TV Anime"
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1442838
I am so happy! :)

joined May 23, 2015

I'm honestly kind of disappointed in that ANN article. Writing it up all professional-like, when the entirety of the source is a random photo posted on twitter. It bothers me to see them acting all professional and official when what they're doing is essentially tabloid reporting.

But I suppose that's what internet news has become.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Getting an anime

Because subtext sells well.

joined May 23, 2015

So there was literally no information other "there's gonna be an anime" in this issue. I suspect it won't be winter, but spring season, based on how long before airing they normally announce anime projects. Also because that is right when volume 3 should be going on sale.

To reply you must either login or sign up.