Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

The hug scene was after the hot pot. Seeing Jihwan hugging Norae made Seola remember what he told her during the meal. And teng teng teng, Seola was motivated to be a lil more aggressive.

I think it was like that. Ji-Hwan was talking with Seol-A and in some time before No-Rae came (or maybe she went to toilet or sth in meantime), he mentioned whole butterfly metaphor. When all of them were leaving hot spot, the hug scene took place and Seol-A remembered his carpe diem words :P and tadam - NSFW hand holding time!

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

halmoni, first of all, thank you so much for your timely translations! I've no idea what we'd have done without you!!!
If possible, could you please also expand a bit on the following lines:

Box: The butterfly's wings were very pretty
Box: But that's because it was already dead.
Box: It seemed somewhat pointless and sad.

The logic, reasoning here is quite odd. I think I understand why, but to confirm, perhaps, you cloud confirm if it's literally what's written in Korean?

Ji-hwan: It's weird, isn't it...it felt like there were empty spaces everywhere
Ji-hwan: Maybe that's why it was so difficult.

What are the spaces he's talking about? Any other possible meanings?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

She could just clip the nails of her right hand. It would be enough.

joined Mar 9, 2015

Confused... Was that 1:1 between Ji Hwan and Seol A before (thus flashback) or after the scene with him and No Rae?

Smooth move Seol-A.

Thanks for translation and imgur posting.

Now that someone was also confused about the timeline of this chapter, I admit it was confusing too lol.
Maybe Ssamba forgot to to distinguish the flashbacks scene. She was rushing towards the deadline afterall. Only 2 possibilities:

1. The hug scene was a flashback, it happened before they went to the hot pot. Either Seola or Jihwan was thinking about the hug during the meal.

2. The hug scene was after the hot pot. Seeing Jihwan hugging Norae made Seola remember what he told her during the meal. And teng teng teng, Seola was motivated to be a lil more aggressive.

I'm more on the latter
The latter as a flashback makes more sense and explains Seol A's bold move... Well in my opinion anyway.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Yes, I think the sequence of events is:
1. The three of them are sharing a hotpot
2. They decide to drink and Seol-a remembers there should've been the ginseng wine in the menu
3. They couldn't find it in the menu, but when it's already delivered Ji-hwan tells Seol-a about the butterfly - not shown if No-rae is there at the table or elsewhere, e.g. in the toilet
4. Seol-a leaves (to the toilet?), No-rae and Ji-hwan are waiting for her outside, and the hug scene takes place
5. NSFW hand holding moments between Seol-a and No-rae

My interpretation of Ji-hwan words is similar to what's already been mentioned above.

Ji-hwan: Love...isn't something that you request from someone.
Box: I once saw a butterfly at some small museum when I was young.
Box: It was preserved.
Box: The butterfly's wings were very pretty
Box: But that's because it was already dead.
Box: It seemed somewhat pointless and sad.
Ji-hwan: It can be such a tragedy how people know themselves so well.
Box: I've already let go of you several times
Box: And I know that was my fault.
Box: It would've been nice if I could have been a man that made you happy.

Here Ji-hwan reflects upon his feelings for No-rae and compares them to affection with a butterfly. On one hand, a butterfly has very beautiful wings, but once you catch and kill it, there's something sad and pointless about that beauty, because the butterfly loses its freedom and one can't enjoy its frivolous flight anymore. He kept himself indecisive about his feelings for No-rae. Should've he approached her with a risk of killing her butterfly nature or should've he kept observing her from afar. Very often he was close to her but never made the final step. He realized his indecisiveness and where it brought him too late in the game - the butterfly has by now become attracted to a flower. This is further expressed in his words to Seol-a:

Ji-hwan: Baek Seol-a.
Ji-hwan: If there's something that you really want
clench
Ji-hwan: You have be very careful when you're getting a feel for it.
Ji-hwan: Listen to your feelings honestly.
Ji-hwan: In order to see what you really want.
Ji-hwan: And if you're still hesitant, just give up nicely. For everything's sake.
Seol-a: Why are you...saying this to me?
Ji-hwan: ...There's a butterfly perched on a flower.

Ssamba uses the wall picture of a flower and Ji-hwan's "Baek Seol-a" speech bubble over it to give us a direct metaphor hint. And essentially what Ji-hwan tells Seol-a to do is to give her feelings an honest evaluation, does she want to catch the butterfly or not? Because if she doesn't, she risks falling for the same trap that he did, waiting too long and eventually hurting both her own and No-rae's feelings. And if she does, she better act on her feelings asap before the butterfly flies to another flower.

What I find really beautiful about the whole metaphorical language of the chapter is that at the end Seol-a makes a decision and literally clenches No-rae's hand in hers even though from Seol-a's POV her decision is rather driven by jealousy than by Ji-hwan's words. And it actually makes me believe that the confession's really close now!

last edited at Sep 14, 2015 9:47PM

Tokyo%20mew%20mew%20icon
joined Jan 15, 2015

Wow, really good analysis, takachi!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

The butterfly belongs to the flower, not dead and in a glass display.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I am glad that I read the chapter later - was able to profit from the analyses ^^ butterflies are beautiful

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Fluttering Feelings Summer Trip part 5 (last?)

direct link: http://s5.postimg.org/u6c7q7313/image.jpg
other link: http://postimg.org/image/62lg1wkk3/
link to gallery: http://postimg.org/gallery/xn32fxlw/
link on Sanctuary: http://sanctuary-for-strange-people.tumblr.com/post/129147130755/fluttering-feelings-summer-trip-part-1-2-3-4

last edited at Sep 15, 2015 10:28AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

gugu09:

Why is fluttering feelings still ranked the 3rd in comico, when it's the one with the biggest likes on the website???

It's likely not calculated based on the total number of likes and/or views, but rather the number of likes and/or views "recently", i.e., in the past X number of weeks.

Just a guess, who knows how their system works.

last edited at Sep 15, 2015 12:34PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

I am glad that I read the chapter later - was able to profit from the analyses ^^ butterflies are beautiful

eat'em live and have them flutter in your stomach, hehe

gugu09:

Why is fluttering feelings still ranked the 3rd in comico, when it's the one with the biggest likes on the website???

It's likely not calculated based on the total number of likes and/or views, but rather the number of likes and/or views "recently", i.e., in the past X number of weeks.

Just a guess, who knows how their system works.

If anything, it's definitely longer than a month... A quarter? or 10 weeks perhaps... then perhaps in a month or two from now on FF will come back to the top

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I finally got a chance to write a comment. I read ch 45 on the same day it was released/translated but I was so busy I couldn't come here to read everyone's thoughts and post my own. I liked this chapter! I loved seeing Seol-A grabbing No-rae's hand, making a move. I think Ji-Hwan's words had some type of impact on her plus she was jealous of the hug.
I liked Ji-Hwan this time, I never disliked him but now I kinda like him. It was a little annoying seeing him all over No-Rae at some point but at least he isn't an ass about Seol-A's feelings for No-Rae. It doesn't seem like he wants to come between them.

Now I want to see our girls flirt a little more and start realizing the other might feel the same sdjasdda excited
Again, I can't wait for the next chapter and thanks for the translation c:

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

eat'em live and have them flutter in your stomach, hehe

Mmm,yammyy

joined Jan 31, 2015

Some of you might have seen my post about a bookmarklet for Imgur "back in the day". (And by "some of you", I mean all 2 of you...)

Well, good news for all who read FF on Imgur, regardless of whether you used that bookmarklet or not.

Since approximately a day or two ago, Imgur's site got redesigned. Now, in albums on Imgur, images are no longer slightly shrunken. So now, if you read chapters on Imgur, the images are now always full-size, at the full 690-pixel width. (BTW, this pertains to the desktop full site, not the mobile site.)

So that means that the above bookmarklet is no longer necessary! (It no longer works with the new design anyway.)

... Well, not quite if you're a bit obsessive. *ahem*

There are still those gaps between images. So here is a new bookmarklet just for that.

Imgur bookmarklet

What it does

It gets rid of the spacing between images such that there are no dark grey bars between images.

Instructions

Create a new bookmark on your browser's bookmark toolbar, and put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:(function(){$('head').append('<style>.post-image-container--spacer{margin-bottom:0;}</style>');})();

Now, you essentially have a "button" on the bookmark toolbar. Go to a chapter in Imgur, then click on this "button", and it will make the changes to the current page.

Update

There is a new version of the bookmarklet.

See here: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/160261

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 12:04AM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Chapter 45 is so good especially the ending I squealed when they started to hold hands. Yes, finally, im soo happy it brings a tear to my eyes to see their relationship progress further.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

anonymous

Since approximately a day or two ago, Imgur's site got redesigned. Now, in albums on Imgur, images are no longer slightly shrunken. So now, if you read chapters on Imgur, the images are now always full-size, at the full 690-pixel width. (BTW, this pertains to the desktop full site, not the mobile site.)

I noticed that. There used to be a download button on the right side of the page near the top (and also several sample images), but I can't find any such thing now. I did find a download button at the very bottom under post options, but is there a more convenient one near the top?

There are still those gaps between images. So here is a new bookmarklet just for that.

Nice.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Yuri Girl 1001:

I noticed that. There used to be a download button on the right side of the page near the top (and also several sample images), but I can't find any such thing now. I did find a download button at the very bottom under post options, but is there a more convenient one near the top?

Ah, didn't even notice that. I guess I spend more time uploading to Imgur than downloading from it. :3

Yeah, it's true that the "Download" action is quite non-discoverable now. Not only is it at the bottom, but it's "hidden" within a menu. I question the design decision of having a "Post Options" menu with only 2 actions in it.

Not sure if this is any "easier", but to download any Imgur album, all you do is take the address:

• add "s." at the beginning
  • add "/zip" at the end

So for example, say, Chapter 45,
you take the address imgur.com/a/HxRcG in the address bar
and you turn it into s.imgur.com/a/HxRcG/zip and press Enter,
and it will start downloading the .zip file.

last edited at Sep 16, 2015 9:41PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Ehh... here. No clue how useful this'll be.

Imgur bookmarklet... now with 60% more download!

What it does

It gets rid of the spacing between images such that there are no dark grey bars between images.

Also, unrelatedly, it adds a "download album" link at the top of the page.

Instructions

Create a new bookmark on your browser's bookmark toolbar, and put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:(function(){$('head').append('<style>.post-image-container--spacer{margin-bottom:0;}</style>');$('.js-custom-download-link').remove();var currentAddress=location.href;var currentAddressCleaned=currentAddress;var hashPosition=currentAddressCleaned.indexOf('#');if(hashPosition>=0){currentAddressCleaned=currentAddressCleaned.substring(currentAddressCleaned,hashPosition);}currentAddressCleaned=currentAddressCleaned.replace('http://','').replace('https://','');var downloadUrl='http://'+'s.'+currentAddressCleaned+'/zip';$('.post-title-meta').append('<span class="js-custom-download-link"> · <a href="'+downloadUrl+'">download album</a></span>');})();

Now, you essentially have a "button" on the bookmark toolbar. Go to a chapter in Imgur, then click on this "button", and it will make the changes to the current page.

Note that the download link doesn't work all the time, because some albums are considered "too big" to be downloaded normally. For these, you have to use the real "download album" action in the menu at the bottom. (You get a lightbox that says, "This album is really big! It's going to take us a bit to get your download ready for you. Enter your email and we will notify you when it's ready.")

last edited at Sep 18, 2015 1:31AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Sometimes I wonder if Ssamba knows about the international fandom and is aware of all the fanart stories. Maybe someone should write to Ssamba how we appreciate her weekly update so much

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

@anonymous

The bookmarklets are such a cool tip. Went on to use them on many sites for actions I used to do repeatedly =P Thanks for sharing.

joined Sep 20, 2015

elLoOw everyone! I'm new here so first of all, i would like to thank ssamba for giving us this breath-taking and exhilarating manhwua (although i doubt if she's reading this thread). To all dedicated translators as well, especially halmoni and all you guyz here(you never fail to spicy up the thread w/ your playful minds and crazy ideas hahaha) thank you so much. Just created an account for this. lol (one of the lurkers in the past)...

and to all those lurkers out there, come on, just make an account already.. ^_*

*greetings from the Phillipines

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 6:34AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't trust Ji-hwan. He gave up on No-rae too easily and didn't even question the probable homosexual relationship between her and Seol-a. Why's that? The whole time he was positioned as an antagonist character, wasn't he? Then how come did he turn out to become such a nice chap all of a sudden? Does he really plan to get those two together and get no benefits out of it for himself? Or do I really draw him as being too much of a monster in my mind?

@khyria
hello and a warm welcome ^__^

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 7:30AM

joined Sep 20, 2015

Maybe your just overthinking it. i mean ji-hwan does care for seol-a just like a little sister, so i doubt his plotting something that would hurt her. Moreover, he is sincere towards his feelings for No-rae. i dont think he is going to do something unecessary to hurt both of the girls. He seems mature and the type who always thinks through. (although i wonder how and when is he going to claim what seol-a owe to him) hmmmm

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 8:02AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

chapter is out :D http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/48

but it's sooo short XD

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 10:13AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

NOOOOOOOOOOO-Rae-less chapter.... A lot of family interaction though... preparing the ground for the coming out? Was that Seol-a's dad with the teddy bear? Looks like he missed a chance to meet his daughter. So looking forward to the translation. Could it be that she preferred a date with No-rae over a family meeting? They must really start to believe their daughter got a bf. Ji-hwan might spill the beans here before Seol-a tells everything herself. Unless I imagined too much without the translation LOL

Oh, and Seol-a's brother looked at his sister's photos. All girls. LOL. So may be they themselves will start to suspect the meaning behind the scissor symbol on one of the photos haha. Who's that short-haired girl by the way?

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 10:37AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.