Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Fails for lack of being available in the US.

^Or Germany.

Or you can just use google and find this site http://playit.pk/ to omit international censorship (just paste the link there)

last edited at Sep 16, 2015 3:01PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Well, it's apparently shitty anyway, so I don't really need to. :P I'll add it to the list along with the movies though, thanks: :)

Speaking of shitty and movies, there are some really shitty movies out there.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I just finished watching Showgirls aaaand... I don't know why some people like it xD Maybe because of boobs and "erotic" dances. Tbh I didn't like it.

And yes, you have there les(bi?) character but don't have high hopes for lesbian scenes. You will have 2 kisses and some close dances. Nothing more :P

But if you like boobs, go for it. They are in almost every scene (thank you '90s shows).

last edited at Sep 16, 2015 4:55PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I so highly recommend The Perfect Family (trailer), awesome movie.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

"I don't have to think, I'm catholic!"

joined Mar 25, 2013

The Perfect Family really is a nice movie. Mainly watched it because of Emily Deschanel, kind of sad that they used the miscarriage to give a push on the mother.

Really weird to see her outside of Bones though xD Fun fact, she may have been pregnant during the movie.

Couldn't really finish A Perfect Ending though, the younger one tried too hard to act seductive and just pissed me off. Add to that the pauses when she speaks and yeah, couldn't handle the movie more than 40 minutes.

last edited at Sep 18, 2015 1:28PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I just finished watching yes or no 1 and 2. They are both really good Taiwan yuri movies. The chemistry between the two MC characters is sooo good that they have a real ship name of TiAom. I recommend everyone should watch them. The movies were really successful, so they made a third move called Yes or No 2.5. You can find that movie on youtube with English subtitle, it was released on June 2015. This movie is separate from the other two movies and focuses on a separate yuri love story. Its not as good as the other but still worth the watch.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The Perfect Family really is a nice movie. Mainly watched it because of Emily Deschanel, kind of sad that they used the miscarriage to give a push on the mother.

Definitely agree to the spoiler but that was the only problem I had with the movie.

so they made a third move called Yes or No 2.5

I'll add that later, thanks.

Here are some more movie recommendations with official OG approvement which means literally nothing.. Except for Out at the Wedding they are quite different from your usual lesbían films but even Out at the Wedding had a really nice twist to the formula. I'll link the titles to the trailers.

Out at the Wedding: As mentioned above, pretty standard lesbian romcom with a twist.
Eulogy: Not actually focused on and probably not worth watching just for the lesbian relationship. Pretty nice dark comedy though.
Joe+Belle: Really nice and original romance movie.
Wild Side: Thriller about a peddler, his wife and a prostitute he falls in love with. The romance is focused on the two women,
Being John Malkovich: Really fucking weird movie. It's a comedy but just changing the perspective to John Malkovich's would have made it a horror film. Definitely not worth watching just for the gay, their relationship is far from being the focus of the movie and also unhealthy as fuck. Then, bam, 7 years time jump and the women are in a happy relationship with each other.

last edited at Sep 19, 2015 11:00PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Yeah, BJM was one weird fucking movie. Don't think I've ever watched it again after seeing once long ago when I was bored to tears lol. Wouldn't recommend honestly... unless you're a huge Malkovich fan.... O_0

joined Nov 30, 2011

^Or Germany.

Found Queer as Folk on a list for lesbian romance. I'm guessing side couple, can anyone confirm? Like Nez. I know Nez loves Queer as Folk.

Tried to see if it had a focus on any lesbian couples and mostly found them to be a sideshow kinda thing as it appeared to mostly focus on gay men. But, I caught random episodes here and there and most pictures I saw of the show elsewhere focused on the gay men as well so you might need to do some reading up on it or you might be wasting time.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, BJM was one weird fucking movie. Don't think I've ever watched it again after seeing once long ago when I was bored to tears lol. Wouldn't recommend honestly... unless you're a huge Malkovich fan.... O_0

Personally, I just like weird stuff. There's a definitive chance that people might hate it though.

Regarding QaF, here's a quote from Afterellen's list of Worst Lesbian and Bisexual Characters from 2013:

I’m sorry but Lindsay Peterson is the most insufferable lesbian character ever. I pretty much disliked the entire storyline the lesbians had on Queer as Folk in general (angry! baby-driven! cheating with a gross guy!) but something about Thea Gill‘s character made her the worst. (Must have been that cheating with the gross guy thing.) It was totally weird how she kissed Brian, too. The writers really gave the guys on the show so much more to work with than they did the token women, but I guess that’s why Showtime gave us The L Word.

So basically fuck that. I'll probably still add it to the list for the sake of completion but I'll add the side characters note.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

On a side note, what the fuck?

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 1:08AM

Black_measure
joined Feb 5, 2015

I just found out about these and I just really want to share it with the rest of the world. Flight in a fan made video Perfect Stranger The Cait x Vi comic Cupcake6

joined Nov 30, 2011

Personally, I just like weird stuff. There's a definitive chance that people might hate it though.

Then... have you seen Eraserhead?

New
joined Feb 1, 2013

Definitely agree to the spoiler but that was the only problem I had with the movie.

so they made a third move called Yes or No 2.5

I'll add that later, thanks.

Here are some more movie recommendations with official OG approvement which means literally nothing.. Except for Out at the Wedding they are quite different from your usual lesbían films but even Out at the Wedding had a really nice twist to the formula. I'll link the titles to the trailers.

Out at the Wedding: As mentioned above, pretty standard lesbian romcom with a twist.
Eulogy: Not actually focused on and probably not worth watching just for the lesbian relationship. Pretty nice dark comedy though.
Joe+Belle: Really nice and original romance movie.
Wild Side: Thriller about a peddler, his wife and a prostitute he falls in love with. The romance is focused on the two women,
Being John Malkovich: Really fucking weird movie. It's a comedy but just changing the perspective to John Malkovich's would have made it a horror film. Definitely not worth watching just for the gay, their relationship is far from being the focus of the movie and also unhealthy as fuck. Then, bam, 7 years time jump and the women are in a happy relationship with each other.

New
joined Feb 1, 2013

I just finished watching yes or no 1 and 2. They are both really good Taiwan yuri movies. The chemistry between the two MC characters is sooo good that they have a real ship name of TiAom. I recommend everyone should watch them. The movies were really successful, so they made a third move called Yes or No 2.5. You can find that movie on youtube with English subtitle, it was released on June 2015. This movie is separate from the other two movies and focuses on a separate yuri love story. Its not as good as the other but still worth the watch.

Ehhh? I thought this was a thai movie? Am I wrong?

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

roxy89
Your right the movie is from Thailand not Taiwan I don't know why I said Taiwan movie clearly I fail at geography.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^Or Germany.

Found Queer as Folk on a list for lesbian romance. I'm guessing side couple, can anyone confirm? Like Nez. I know Nez loves Queer as Folk.

Tried to see if it had a focus on any lesbian couples and mostly found them to be a sideshow kinda thing as it appeared to mostly focus on gay men. But, I caught random episodes here and there and most pictures I saw of the show elsewhere focused on the gay men as well so you might need to do some reading up on it or you might be wasting time.

Well, the reason I bring up Queer As Folk is in comparison to The L Word, where the former is more "gay community" at closer to a working-class level, whereas The L Word is "the beautiful people", full of well-off and successful women you'd likely never see on a dyke march or whatever.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

On a side note, what the fuck?

headdesks

"I’m putting “Christian” in parenthesis because at this point, I think its safe to say that the Evangelical wing is so far removed from Christianity."

Thank you to the writer for saying this.

"get off the cross... someone needs the wood."
hahahahaha... I never heard that one before. Brilliant.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I just found out about these and I just really want to share it with the rest of the world. Flight in a fan made video Perfect Stranger The Cait x Vi comic Cupcake6

The VixCaitlyn comic is pretty nice, have any more that are finished? Also is that the dominant ship when it comes to one of them?

I have two fics with them, one is finished and the other isn't.

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 5:27PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

What show is Vi and Caitlin from?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

lol

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

They're from Dota 0.5

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Kenzi's back. Then she went away again.

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 6:03PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

lol

Thank you for the pointless lol and non-answer.

To reply you must either login or sign up.