Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Thing is, they're from a multiplayer game and their only interactions are probably some one liners when they kill each other.

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 6:08PM

Black_measure
joined Feb 5, 2015

What show is Vi and Caitlin from?

lol

Thank you for the pointless lol and non-answer.

I laughed. LOL as in League of Legends. It's a MOBA

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I'm aware of what dota is, I just never played it, so I don't know what all the pairings are and such. Thanks for the answer.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm aware of what dota is, I just never played it, so I don't know what all the pairings are and such. Thanks for the answer.

Dota 0.5 was meant to mean LoL. Trafi was actually the helpful one.

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 7:34PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Movie about 19th century lesbians based on actual diaries
Wikipedia promises a happy end but not with the woman she meets first

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 8:29PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Trafi should have just spelled it out... ;;>_>

Black_measure
joined Feb 5, 2015

The VixCaitlyn comic is pretty nice, have any more that are finished? Also is that the dominant ship when it comes to one of them?

I have two fics with them, one is finished and the other isn't.

Sadly, this one is still ongoing Copcakes
Here are some others that I enjoyed and think you might like as well Kano's art blog

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Why do lesbians in movies always have dogs? Aren't those supposed to be cats? Why are there so few cats?

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

A little bit of spice by Georgia Beers, both of the main girls have cats. But yeah, what is up with lesbians always having dogs lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A little bit of spice by Georgia Beers, both of the main girls have cats. But yeah, what is up with lesbians always having dogs lol.

I've known a few RL lesbians with dogs or ferrets, but mostly it's cats or nuttin'.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also don't remind me that Georgia Beers has two new books I haven't read, I'm totally not caught up.

Hopefully A Little Bit of Spice is better than Balance, at least.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

It took me a bit to get into Spice, but I'm really enjoying it. What are her new books?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Speaking of Georgia Beers, I still have Finding Home, Fresh Tracks, Starting from Scratch and Turning the Page. Any recommendations on reading order?
And the synopsis to Fresh Tracks scares me a little.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Actually there are a bunch of the more recent Beers books I haven't read. A Little Bit of Spice, Zero Visibility, Olive Oil & White Bread and Snow Globe most notably.

I'm partial to Starting from Scratch, although they can be read in any order. It's fluff, but good fluff. As to Fresh Tracks, I don't think I'd call it scary at all. Obviously there's no fear of het intruding, and despite a few little storms it doesn't get melodramatic. A good read.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well I honestly can't blame her since League of Legends is such popular game, that most people think that everyone knows what lol is, even as acronym.

And yea, they are just playable characters, so no much cannon yuri here, but no set cannons can be a good thing, since you can freely pair everyone.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Actually there are a bunch of the more recent Beers books I haven't read. A Little Bit of Spice, Zero Visibility, Olive Oil & White Bread and Snow Globe most notably.

I'm partial to Starting from Scratch, although they can be read in any order. It's fluff, but good fluff. As to Fresh Tracks, I don't think I'd call it scary at all. Obviously there's no fear of het intruding, and despite a few little storms it doesn't get melodramatic. A good read.

Alright thanks. My fear about Fresh Tracks was more about the whole breakup of the main characters. At least if I remember correcty that's what the book was about.

I think I just found the most offensive movie with/about lesbians there is. And that includes the movie about some Christian helping happy lesbian couples to be straight again.

last edited at Sep 21, 2015 9:25AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

It's a spike lee film, it's going to be disgusting in some way I think. But yeah that's pretty awful.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Alright thanks. My fear about Fresh Tracks was more about the whole breakup of the main characters. At least if I remember correcty that's what the book was about.

Well yeah, that's part of it. But it's nothing over the top or vicariously embarrassing (I hate feeling embarrassed on behalf of characters) so it's not bad.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I hate feeling embarrassed on behalf of characters

Yeah, I can't deal with that either.
Thanks for the answers, I have like 5 pages of I Can't Think Straight (Am I the only who thought the maid tried to poison the mother in the movie? Turns out it was just spit.) left and will probably go back to Georgia Beers afterwards.

It's a spike lee film, it's going to be disgusting in some way I think. But yeah that's pretty awful.

I didn't know Spike Lee. Just found the movie on a list for feel good lesbian movies. Heh.

last edited at Sep 21, 2015 9:58AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've got a directory full of random lesbian romance stuff of...varying quality that I want to pick my way through. First one's not too bad, Miles To Go by Amy Dawson Robertson. About a female special forces agent stuck in an op that goes badly wrong, hiding her sexuality during the era of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, and getting involved with a female hostage she rescues and must get through a long stretch of hostile territory.

Can't wait to get to some of the less quality ones though. For all the highlights of the genre like Beers or Kallmaker, lesbian romance does bring out the cheese in some writers which should make for great guilty-pleasure reading.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Movie about 19th century lesbians based on actual diaries
Wikipedia promises a happy end but not with the woman she meets first

It has a happy end yes, and I'm especially happy that it's not with first woman. She should take a nose dive from a cliff. The woman she ends up with is perfect for her. The only thing I'm peeved about is they stretched the 'angst/drama' thing for a whole hour out of an hour and a half of movie, and they didn't show enough with the one she settles with.

Sadly, this one is still ongoing Copcakes
Here are some others that I enjoyed and think you might like as well Kano's art blog

Thanks :] Only one comic for VixCaitlyn though? Oh well, gotta take what you can xD

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The only thing I don't like about Georgia Beers writing is her constant use of "beat" instead of "moment". it wouldn't be so bad if she changed it out every so often but it's the same phrase everytime.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just watched The Secret Diaries of Miss Anne Lister and A Marine Story (movie about the DADT policy) and really enjoyed both of them.

It has a happy end yes, and I'm especially happy that it's not with first woman. She should take a nose dive from a cliff. The woman she ends up with is perfect for her. The only thing I'm peeved about is they stretched the 'angst/drama' thing for a whole hour out of an hour and a half of movie, and they didn't show enough with the one she settles with.

Agree about the last 20 minutes (not even half an hour), especially since the movie ended with "I really like her." I think 20 minutes less Marianna and 20 minutes more Ann would have made for a much more satisfying ending.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Haha I kept the double meaning on purpose x)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Haha I kept the double meaning on purpose x)

See?! I knew it!! She did it on porpoise!! O3O

To reply you must either login or sign up.