A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

She doesn't deserve being bullied

Does someone, tho? =x

My brother

Is Kyonne a real-life tsundere? XD

Isuke%20inukai
joined May 29, 2014

What is this? I thought it was interesting but the story is too short to be good.
What?

joined Aug 16, 2014

Small is beautiful.

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

The Protaganist is a damn coward. Kuroneko deserves someone better.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I really like both of the main characters. Moments of cowardice doesn't bother me because it's so human.
and while I think it might be a good thing it ends after two chapters due to my heart being unable to handle that much angst...

I still want more! Ughh -_-

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

It's a hopeful end, and the comments here puzzle me. I think people are seriously underselling Shiina as a character. Understandable, since Kuroneko is quite a remarkable one herself. Remember though that it was Shiina who first kissed and came onto Kuroneko, and then again, was the one who was irresistibly drawn back to her. For all that people keep remarking on Shiina's fear of social consequences, she made quite a few bold and reckless moves out of raw fascination with Kuroneko.

In addition to that, she's actually quite an introspective girl who clearly sees her own hypocrisy, and understands and feels guilty about her own role and responsibility in what's taken place. In short, there's not a chance that she won't cling tightly to Kuroneko, regardless of the consequences. The ending and future of these characters together is clear.

joined Aug 16, 2014

The ending and future of these characters together is clear.

Not really. The ending can actually go either way, depending on exactly how you read MC (or, as you pointed, "underselled" her or not). This is also a sign of quality. I believe I mentioned that before, but a "clear ending" on this story'd be very weak and unremarkable.

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

First off: This single chapter of this story, is the first time I've ever decided to make a profile and leave a comment.

Now, I want to draw focus on something I didn't see, or didn't look hard enough for, in the comments. On page 35, Shina remarks that KuroNeko is rather noble. KN is stunned in the next frame. Page 36 KN becomes bitter with some possible thoughts on how Shina's comment is offensive to her, either by how Shina has been treating her recently, or because of some "possible" memory KN has of getting such praise and only getting hurt by the person who had given her similar praise.

If KN's bitter reaction is related to a memory of another person, her following action on the remainder of page 36 and onto page 37 could be an attempt to give Shina a chance to be the one person in her life to tell her the truth and live with it. If Shina replies with no reciprocation of her feelings being the same, and lies, she may not ever get a third chance. Third being that after denying KN to other classmates of no great importance to Shina, KN let her in once again giving her a second chance already.

Here is the reason I was really thinking about. I know people like KuroNeko. They were born without a basic understanding of how to deal with situations that require tact. They don't understand the purpose. But do note that she is one who will state the obvious. We all think to ourselves inside or own heads. People like KN do the same. If she is honest and straightforward about what is the truth to others, then she is definitely the same with herself. After saying something she shouldn't she most likely tells herself the truth in what she has just done, just like she would for anyone else that makes a mistake. I doubt she is without hindsight, and I am certain she reflects on things she has done inside her own head. Telling herself why people reacted the way they did to her, giving herself the same truth she tells others about things we already know were obvious before she said them. Let's say she's at least 15 years old (please correct me if anyone has a better guess). In all that time do you really believe that she hasn't been...not corrupted...but educated to some degree in how people are able to lie to get what they want, instead of just telling the truth directly. I hope I am wrong, but I also hope I am right in some ways too. KuroNeko could be plotting to put Shina through the same pain Shina has caused her. KN wasn't throwing that anger at Yoshida. We can all see she was really angry at herself and more importantly Shina. KN let Shina make a guilty attempt at apologizing by not ignoring her when she was handed the Enamel Remover. And the first thing Shina asks for after apologizing is to have sex with her. The first thing! What the hell!? That's what she believes will make things all better? "Going all the way!"? Like she's doing it for KuroNeko's sake. And the minute it's over she gives her semi-shallow praise on being so, so noble of a person. I believe KuroNeko did give her that second chance. That second chance to tell the truth. To let Shina be the one to say, "I'm a liar and I hurt you, but I've fallen in love with you and I'm sorry!" But instead Shina just tells KN what she already knows. KN has to be thinking, "That bitch! I give her what she wants! My body! And the only thing she has to do is tell me the truth. Tell me why she wants me so badly. Be honest with me! But instead she tries to act all cute and nice. Just like everyone else in my life! I give them everything I have, and they give me nothing! They deserve the same! They all do! Especially her! Especially the one who hurt me more than anyone ever! She deserves nothing but pain! My pain! Just as she's given to me!" And thus she turns around, pauses to think of how to set her trap, and drops the biggest bomb she can think of. Knowing that everyone believes she only tells the truth, and whether she realizes it or not it is the truth, she confesses her love for Shina in full. Hoping its finally enough to get Shina to be honest, and most likely even more bitter that this is what it took to get the truth out of her. Of course you can all guess what would be suitable for vengeance after that.

X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Wow. Now, I will say I'm a sucker for the "cutesy, happy ending" mangas, but I rather enjoyed this. It's so real. Shiina is a a teenage girl. While we can all speak on how she should have been brave, think about your own teenage experience. While there are the few who are brave for one reason or another, most teenagers just want to be accepted. I can't think of anyone who would choose to be bullied. And though I usually hate stories that keep me guessing, the mangaka portrays this story so beautifully, that I don't mind. Just use your imagination and finish the story to your liking. If others can do so on paper, I'm pretty sure you can do so in your mind (using "your" to generalize the audience, not aimed at anyone, in case that wasn't noticed lol)

66777fb900c3
joined Aug 7, 2015

I would say, they will stay together. I went through similar situation in school and can say that it's preferred to be with the person you care about than be socially accepted. It is mentally easier and much more fun than lying non-stop and doing things you hate. Also, that guilt feeling can get really strong and rip you apart.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

I wish there were more chapters to this story.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I hope for more chapters of this... I really like the story.

joined Oct 30, 2015

T^T I really need this Manga to continue. They would make a Cute Yuri Couple. Why did Naoko-sama have to run out of Papers!! (TT—TT)

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Completed? Hm, it don't feels like its completed...

I wished there was more chapters. But as some have said, perhaps it is best that it ended there.

joined Dec 13, 2015

It's a hopeful end, and the comments here puzzle me. I think people are seriously underselling Shiina as a character. Understandable, since Kuroneko is quite a remarkable one herself. Remember though that it was Shiina who first kissed and came onto Kuroneko, and then again, was the one who was irresistibly drawn back to her. For all that people keep remarking on Shiina's fear of social consequences, she made quite a few bold and reckless moves out of raw fascination with Kuroneko.

In addition to that, she's actually quite an introspective girl who clearly sees her own hypocrisy, and understands and feels guilty about her own role and responsibility in what's taken place. In short, there's not a chance that she won't cling tightly to Kuroneko, regardless of the consequences. The ending and future of these characters together is clear.

That said, I'm honestly more sold on Shiima than Kuroneko. While I understand why the latter is so striking, she's honestly rather selfish too, or at the very least incredibly careless towards other people; there's a suggestion that Kuroneko chooses to go against the current, which suggests that she is at the very least aware of social norms and how other people think things "should" be, and hence she should be able to at least see that Shiima isn't at the moment capable of living as openly as Kuroneko herself. But she entirely disregards Shiima's own doubts and hesitancy in favour of openly talking about their serial encounter, which IMO is quite unfair to Shiima herself, since Kuroneko is just doing whatever she wants without considering the possible hurt Shiima might undergo, hence I can understand why Shiima freezes up and doesn't stand up for Kuroneko at that point.

I don't think the ending is quite as clear-cut either. That said, still an incredibly nuanced and well-written piece. This is definitely going on my favourites!

85af8296-a13b-494e-810e-ae41815d00fa
joined Jan 19, 2016

Wish they kept going on with the manga. But it really was an interesting manga.

joined May 24, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cocytus_ch02#23

and that's modern life in a nutshell

joined Jun 12, 2015

Cocytus is going to have Complete Edition Which means there will be more to this story.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Cocytus is going to have Complete Edition Which means there will be more to this story.

For sure? Or maybe?

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Well, A World Without Freedom Complete Edition (released this year) have extra chapter plus two 4-komas. So there's a big chance that Cocytus will get the same treatment.

Update: Not so much of the new material. Only one page for Cocytus story. Disappointed.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 1:40PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chapter 3 (unrelated couple) is out and it's pretty cringy.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Chapter 3 (unrelated couple) is out and it's pretty cringy.

Did you expect anything else, given the author ...

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 12:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.