Forum › Shoujo Shikkaku discussion

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I so saw this coming -_- I really don't wanna read the next chapter, but since I started it might as well finish it. And Komamyia or whatever she's not even cute!!!

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Corpse party 2.0

942301_10151455987491840_2065344422_n
joined Aug 26, 2011

Might as will read it.... dang that really escalated quickly!

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

It seems the consensus is... wat?

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Glad to see Yuri Hime is starting to publish a different kind of stories. I do like fluffy yuri in a school setting, but it can get redundant and boring if you read too much of it.
So.. A cool transfer student, lesbians and lots of violence? Hell yeah, I'm im! :D

I'm so excited about this.
Like yeah, the battle to the death genre has been done before, but at this point it's not even a valid reason to not read something, that its genre has been explored before, because you can use that excuse for anything.
Like yes, survival games are not as uncommon anymore, but survival games with YURI?
It shows that times are changing, and that yuri can be present in more than just planed out romance in highschool tales, that like het romance, can have their place in any kinds of plot.

I'll repeat, yes it's a fight to the death.
BUT IT HAS YURI.
IT may be a theme already explored in quite a few other manga, but did those have YURI?
NOPE.
I really wanna see yuri in more kinds of plots than the typical highschool romance, excited to see this pan out.

Yes, that's exactly what I want! Let's be honest, so far we haven't had much choice, but yuri as the main and sole genre for a story gets kind of boring after a while. I would much rather see all kinds of stories where yuri is just present, just like het romance is often present as a side plot in most stories. And gay panic and angst is just.. Overdone.
So far, yuri manga writers have been kind of unimaginative IMO, but now that the genre is a bit more established (and I think you can say it is by now..), I would like to see some development beyond the standard plots..
What I really would like to see are more "dark-themed"/ mature manga with yuri in it... :D

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 6:47AM

Kikyou%20x%20kana
joined Oct 31, 2013

kamisama no iutoori?

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

kamisama no iutoori?

With a bit of Saw and Corpse Party thrown in for good measure?

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 6:54AM

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

I don't have words for this. I am just so shocked right now.. But it's interesting and I kinda like it :o

joined Jan 31, 2013

Wow, that was some clumsy as hell story telling.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

I so saw this coming -_- I really don't wanna read the next chapter, but since I started it might as well finish it. And Komamyia or whatever she's not even cute!!!

best friends split apart right in the first chapter with no reason whatsoever? nope. not interested in the rest of this shit,

joined Aug 15, 2015

Looking at the author's previous works, funny how all protagonists are heavily influenced by their best friends.
1. B.G.M.R.S.P. - Protagonist have a love/hate relationship with best friend.
2. Sentimental Dust - Protagonist got her heart broken by best friend.
3. Shoujo Shikkaku - best friend's head is chopped off...
Hopefully nothing happens to the author's best buddy. >.>

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

I won't blame the best friend for trying to kill Akane. After all there is only one pair who can survive.
I'm excited for this :D

Kannazukinomikor
joined Aug 15, 2015

There is no reason that anyone who woke up in this situation would expect touching their ankle chains to kill them. The heroes only know because they saw another girl die in front of them. Logically, this suggests that half of the contestants would die from simple curiosity before the game even began. Somehow that feels inefficient. At the very least, the nondescript villains could have made the rules more clear.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Yup i'm super devastated that obnoxious, selfish, and annoying girl died. Not sure how I can continue this series with her having been killed. OH WAIT! THAT ACTUALLY MOTIVATED ME TO CONTINUE FURTHER! LET'S KILL MORE ANNOYING PEOPLE!

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Omg. This is awesome. A game. And it's yuri. Omg. I like it. something different. Even different from ANR...

joined May 24, 2014

Why, HELLO ZEP!

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Another instant favourite for me.... oh my how much do I love this kind of stuff <3

Specially when supper annoying selfish phony "best friend" gets beheaded and out of the way right away.

Thank you heavens!!

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 9:39AM

This is pretty bad, pacing is way too fast, the mechanics are poorly thought out. Really, just touching it, makes the girl die. I'm a bit disappointed. Also character development would have been nice, rather than killing them off in a terrible fashion. We'll see how this goes, but atm I have very low expectations.

joined Sep 11, 2014

From the tags I thought it would be similar to LOVE/DEATH, but this is awesome too.

Kikyou%20x%20kana
joined Oct 31, 2013

kamisama no iutoori?

With a bit of Saw and Corpse Party thrown in for good measure?

Yup. good combi. will keep up with this.

HunniHoneykuma-chan
Ayuriaday
joined Aug 13, 2015

I'm liking this, but I wonder if Akane had any trust in her best friend? Tsubaki seemed a little off on page 12...scary...
Also, I wonder who setup the game? Could it be Komiyama? Nah~

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yup i'm super devastated that obnoxious, selfish, and annoying girl died. Not sure how I can continue this series with her having been killed. OH WAIT! THAT ACTUALLY MOTIVATED ME TO CONTINUE FURTHER! LET'S KILL MORE ANNOYING PEOPLE!

Omg. This is awesome. A game. And it's yuri. Omg. I like it. something different. Even different from ANR...

Exactly how I feel xD
The best friend was super sketch anyways, always bending MC to do things against her will just by bringing up the "bestie" card
Immediately tried to kill her, no wonder she was the first to be killed (directly by another person)

And LOL at the "I will absolutely not let you die", with mc being moved at the girl sounding all chivalrous. She instantly forgot that if she dies, chances are Kusuda's dying with her

Things seem interesting, as everyone in school sound very superficial, prompting mc to not mind for it to be completely WRECKED.
Let's see fucking chaos

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 10:49AM

Park%20stroll
joined Nov 5, 2014

"Kusuda", "Yoshino", "Hanazono"
I saw what you did there Kawai-sensei...
There's no such thing as coincidence.

Haha glad I wasn't the only one, too bad that Yoshino was just a minor character and probably dead because of the dumb partner. Kussun and Nanchan, I know it's not good to do that but I'm shipping those two a little too hard.

Not even sure if I want to continue this series since I don't exactly like the mc.. not the transfer student but the girl she's pretty obviously going to be paired up with. Just can't see how transfer student could fall in love with her since she is also one of those uninteresting person and from her internal dialogues, doesn't seem like that great a person anyways..
But I am interested to see how everything plays out

joined Apr 1, 2013

Once they got captured my first assumption was... SAW mixed with Corpse Party!
serious the first movie of saw was exactly like this with the chains on their feet and they were trapped in a room with a timer and a recording/note and weapon. Also Corpse party since its based in a school.. maybe the school is haunted? maybe the girl with the glasses she had a glimpse at (which was being bullied) turns out to be the haunting spirit that kills them all?

The one thing i dont understand is .. the transfer student first tells her "no im not interested a person like you"... and then ends up paired with her and says i love you or wont let you die (maybe shes just saying this so she doesn't end up dying?)...
like seriously... whats up with that?!
were they trying to throw us off there for a second when she said "she doesnt like her?"
or were they hinting something to us like the transfer student didnt like her because she hangs around with "those types" of people? like i dont get it... aside from that... this is gonna be a very interesting manga :)

Damn i hate those stereotypes of girls
with the bullying and im your best friend riiiiiight? when they are just using you.. sort of thing..

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 11:33AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Aww I feel bad cos i didn't get the names reference :v

To reply you must either login or sign up.