Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

joined Jul 16, 2015

I am sorry for the incredibly stupid question, but I couldn't find an FAQ thread. How do I subscribe to a series? Is it possible on a mobile device?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

On my phone, there is a menu button at the top, in the blue bit. Then above your account name is another menu. From there select subscribe.

joined Jun 18, 2014

Sadly, they aren't.
Will private messages ever be possible...?

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

I think the latest chapter of Their Story by Tanjiu has the day and month parts in the chapter name in the wrong order. Other chapters are "mm/dd/yyyy Update" whereas the chapter released 2nd Aug 2015 is "02/08/2015 Update".

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I think the latest chapter of Their Story by Tanjiu has the day and month parts in the chapter name in the wrong order. Other chapters are "mm/dd/yyyy Update" whereas the chapter released 2nd Aug 2015 is "02/08/2015 Update".

Flipped them all the other way, I prefer dd/mm/yyyy. Meant to do this earlier but forgot. Thank you for the reminder :)

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Also suggesting Double pages. Argh.

Hmm, what for, if I might ask?

There are some works where the pages aren't separated, this for example. Somewhat similar to Lots of JPG artifacts, it's a reading inconvenience tag.
At least for me, it's pretty irritating.

On the other hand, some people might prefer reading that way - so maybe there could also be a "double page" reading mode? For example, Crunchyroll reader lets people switch. I doubt it's something very popular though, and probably too much effort.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

dude that was 2 months ago, why the sudden reply lol

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I woke up, duh!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I woke up, duh!

Wait....are you the sheeple I keep hearing about?

It finally happened!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I woke up, duh!

Wait....are you the sheeple I keep hearing about?

It finally happened!

Baaa...I mean, bah, no way!

Seija
joined Dec 12, 2014

Maybe another tag for the futanari doujin... i.e A tag like Full-Packaged Futanari or something...

Kisu
joined Aug 13, 2015

Super small request, but in full screen mode when I'm reading manga, could the full-sized icon be moved away from the close icon? I often read on my phone, and my clumsy thumbs accidentally close out of full screen instead of clicking full-sized icon.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Can the scanlator(s) be linked in the series page rather than just on chapters?

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Can the scanlator(s) be linked in the series page rather than just on chapters?

I'll second that.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

What did you two have in mind for actual implementation? Something like batoto?

Super small request, but in full screen mode when I'm reading manga, could the full-sized icon be moved away from the close icon? I often read on my phone, and my clumsy thumbs accidentally close out of full screen instead of clicking full-sized icon.

Agree with this.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

What did you two have in mind for actual implementation? Something like batoto?

I apparently can't access batoto here. I was thinking of just listing them (as links, same as they are in the chapter entries) on the same line as the tags, though?

Seija
joined Dec 12, 2014

Maybe a Notification widget, so that if someone quotes your posts, you'll know

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Gamma chapter 13 name is misspelled: Maki -> Mika

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

It's a bit odd to have Cocytus listed as a series: it's only two parts, and the rest of the tank is taken up by Moratorium. Unless Moratorium is related to Cocytus, wouldn't it make more sense to list those chapters separately and change the "Cocytus" entry to an anthology?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

So, now that "Out of the Blue!" is mostly complete, I thought it was a good opportunity to pester you suggest again the creation of a Delinquent tag...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Dynasty Link Thingifier

I make a thing that people might find useful. It's a Greasmonkey script that converts a post's timestamp into a link that will link directly to that post. In addition when you quote a post it will automatically insert the user's name and post link above the quoted text.

Probably not very pretty but it works on my end. If you want to make use of this script you'll need Tampermonkey on Chrome/Opera and Greasemonkey on Fireox.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Alice Cheshire:

Dynasty Link Thingifier

I make a thing that people might find useful. It's a Greasmonkey script that converts a post's timestamp into a link that will link directly to that post. In addition when you quote a post it will automatically insert the user's name and post link above the quoted text.

Probably not very pretty but it works on my end. If you want to make use of this script you'll need Tampermonkey on Chrome/Opera and Greasemonkey on Fireox.

Whoa, I was actually thinking of writing something like that after I saw this post of yours:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6112-lily-love-discussion?page=27#forum_post_122801

Nicely done! :3

How are you getting the username of the quoted user on the "create new post" page though?

last edited at Aug 22, 2015 5:16AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Coincidentally that's the same post that gave me the idea to try. And I'm using cookies to store the information between pages after retrieving the quoted user's name using jQuery. I was originally trying to use Greasemonkey's GM_setValue and GM_getValue commands but they wouldn't cooperate. (The @exclude function wasn't cooperating either for some reason so I had to use some hacky regex to stop it from working on the posts?user_id=### page too.) And it's definitely a work in progress because I'm not terribly experienced at all with javascript.

Edit: Coincidentally at the moment it's not even working for me on this page. That's odd.
Edit again: Found and fixed. I mistyped something and managed to overlook it. Updated version has been uploaded to Greasyfork too.

last edited at Aug 22, 2015 5:43AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Thanks for the info!

I had removed that part of my post after I thought, wait a second, why don't I just look at the code... Derp.

If you think about it, there could be a bunch of front-end enhancements that could be done to the forums.

My crappy bookmarklet to unhide spoilers could be one of them, except the script would add a button on the page itself.

Bookmarklet to unhide all spoilers on the page

Create a new bookmark on your browser's bookmark toolbar, and put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:(function(){$('.spoilers').removeClass('spoilers').css('background','lightgray');})();
This removes the black highlighting and replaces it with light gray highlighting.

Alternatively:

javascript:(function(){$('.spoilers').removeClass('spoilers');})();
This only removes the black highlighting. (You won't be able to tell what used to be marked as spoilers.)

Now, you essentially have a 'button' on the bookmark toolbar
such that when you click on it, it will unhide the spoilers on the current page.

Originally from this post. (Warning, Fluttering Feelings spoilers.)
Quickly wrote it up, because we used to get ridiculous pages covered with black bars, like this.

last edited at Aug 22, 2015 10:21PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

anonymous

Thanks for the info!

No problem.

If you think about it, there could be a bunch of front-end enhancements that could be done to the forums.

My crappy bookmarklet to unhide spoilers could be one of them, except the script would add a button on the page itself.

This is totally something that could be done with this userscript eventually. Unhiding spoilers would actually be a pretty easy one in itself since the userscript already makes use of jQuery. Adding a button for it would be the trickiest part and I'll have a look at adding in some sort of pop-up menu thing for it when I look into adding more stuff to it. I have a Stylish stylesheet I've been using for awhile that does that as well as making the navbar fixed to the top of the screen. Those as well as something regarding font size (which is the reason I made a Stylish stylesheet the first place, I have atrocious vision, lol) could definitely be something that could be done pretty easily. Especially since I already have the script setup to utilize cookies so it could save your settings.

Edit:

Originally from this thread.

Bookmarklet to unhide all spoilers on the page

Create a new bookmark on your browser's bookmark toolbar, and put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:(function(){$('.spoilers').removeClass('spoilers').css('background','lightgray');})();
This removes the black highlighting and replaces it with light gray highlighting.

javascript:(function(){$('.spoilers').removeClass('spoilers');})();
This only removes the black highlighting. (You won't be able to tell what used to be marked as spoilers.)

Now, you essentially have a 'button' on the bookmark toolbar
such that when you click on it, it will unhide the spoilers on the current page.

Rather than removing the spoilers class I'd probably just have it modify it so that they could easily be re-enabled without reloading the page. Also I just thought of one other thing this script could be useful for. It could add some formatting stuff to the posting screen as well as the quick reply box at the bottom of the page. That one would definitely be more tricky to get working properly however. But it's still a goal we can add to the to-do list.

last edited at Aug 22, 2015 5:21AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.