Forum › A-Channel discussion

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

this never interested me, but this time i begin to read and i was hooked up,
however, i asked myself why K-ON is much more famous of, for example, this, in spite of the similarity,
i love K-ON, but i can't find an answer, it's a usual slice of life school comedy, instead of lucky star or azumanga, that have somethings unique

last edited at May 11, 2013 3:36PM

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

To be frank I'm not sure why this one gets little love, I love it though.

joined Oct 11, 2010

this never interested me, but this time i begin to read and i was hooked up,
however, i asked myself why K-ON is much more famous of, for example, this, in spite of the similarity,

I have a love hate thing with A channel, mainly because it'll "almost" go in a direction I like but then it doesn't...

i love K-ON, but i can't find an answer, it's a usual slice of life school comedy, instead of lucky star or azumanga, that have somethings unique

for me I can relate to it way too much when I think about people I've known and my self [facepalm]

joined Nov 11, 2010

I didn't think the anime was exceptional but I do like the characters. True that the material stays a bit too subtexty to be satisfying though. Nagi and Yuuko make a pretty gorgeous couple in my eyes, wish they would go somewhere with it.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Oh man, mangaka perving on Aoi Yuuki lol/wtf. Although, all of this production talk actually does make me like the series more. I think I still haven't watched the OVA actually, maybe I'll check it out sometime.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

chapter 44?

last edited at Jul 16, 2013 3:19AM

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I must say, Tooru playing along as a jiangshi in the extra at the end of 48 was adorable.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i understand nagi, when i use lens i'm always airglassing

joined Aug 7, 2013

Will chapter 49 be uploaded? It's on the new wordpress so I guess it was missed in the switchover? Thanks

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I really like Kamate-sensei :3

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Chapter 31 made me laugh. Really hard. Nagi plays the hard-to-get part really well...in this situation, haw.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I want to know more about that Hira character! Seems really interesting and in the same level as Run...

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Haha, i just started readin' 54.5 chapter 'cuz i didn't know where i was before so i read it all and then i saw this new char. (for me) named "Hira" so i was really surprised and it's sooo sweet :3 .. I mean the relationship between Tooru and Hira ^^

Tooru is super cute :3
Somehow i can imagine Tooru x Yuuko yuri. o.o

last edited at Nov 16, 2013 8:52AM

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

"She just saw a cat and hit herself?"

Greatest thing I've read today.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I really have no-idea why my suggestion yuri for this manga was rejected! It's obviously yuri, are they all blind?!

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Could be worse, the tag could have been rejected, and then replaced with Het for not apparent reason.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, it's still pretty much subtext, sadly. Really wish it would go RunxTooru, had hope with that last chapter with the date thing, but then the other two had to follow along and it got dissapointing. :/

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

I mean, I doubt it'll ever go full-on Sakura Trick. Feels more like a shiptease than anything. Besides, K-ON's already got me enjoying the subtext in these kinds of manga anyway!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Still, considering Run's mother would love to have Tooru as her child, I like to believe she would be delighted to have her become her daughter in law :3

And Sakura trick is kind of an "extreme" case. I don't specially want A-channel goes all "let's kiss at every possible excuse", but a nice relationship between Run and Tooru would be great and not too unexpected. I mean, who would really go "whoa, didn't saw that coming !" if those two were to become an actual couple ? :p

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Lol, Subtext xD

joined Apr 6, 2013

Lol, Subtext xD

Subtext is a major part of about all 4-koma school girl series, though the text in this series is barely sub

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

i don't see any subtext, one minute yuri goggles on maximum......yeah still not seeing it, i mean i might have just been spoiled by k-on where the subtext was there (or almost passed subtext) even WITHOUT the goggles (at least for azuyui and mitsu) but i really dont see it here.

last edited at Apr 12, 2014 6:22PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

i don't see any subtext, one minute yuri goggles on maximum......yeah still not seeing it, i mean i might have just been spoiled by k-on where the subtext was there (or almost passed subtext) even WITHOUT the goggles (at least for azuyui and mitsu) but i really dont see it here.

Yuri goggles set on maximum may cause cancer, too much radiation.
Be careful.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Yuri goggles set on maximum may cause cancer, too much radiation.
Be careful.

I'm a being of almost pure darkness i don't think i even CAN get cancer.
But just in case i will put on a radiation suit while using them.

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

Does anybody know what happened with ch.61?

To reply you must either login or sign up.