Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pretty sure the webcomic Balderdash has yuri content on the way, but I honestly can't remember where I read that. So take that as tentative gay.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Pretty sure the webcomic Balderdash has yuri content on the way, but I honestly can't remember where I read that. So take that as tentative gay.

I mentioned it pages ago, Victoria (the author) said it was coming when I asked her on Twitter. :)

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Is someone reading Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki? All I know is that the male main character Yuuki is forced to become a female magical girl with no way to become male again, and that he's female best friend Chiaki is in love with him, I'm not sure but it seens they are or will become a couple if Yuuki don't end with Taki, who is male, from what I searched some places already talk as if it's sure Yuuki will end with Chiaki, like TV Tropes:

Official Couple: With Yuuki, provided that Himuro Taki's role as the Romantic False Lead is played straight.

Of course not really yuri as it's a boy forced to become a girl, but seens like he always looked feminine and liked to cross-dress, although mainly for cosplay, and their site say this:

Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki is the story of a girl's wacky life and all the crazy characters she has to wrangle everyday because she's the only responsible one, but watch out! She's a strange one at times too! Yay!

Nah, it's really a magical girl parody about a transgendered valkyrie who fights along side Norse gods.

So I don't know if in the end Yuuki is trangender which would count as yuri if she end with Chiaki, or if they're using the word transgender wrong or I'm just misunderstanding it because of language barrier.

TL;DR Someone knows if this is a yuri webcomic with a MtF main character or not?

The webcomic Misfile is a similar situation, should it be put in the list too?

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 2:46PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Nah, it's really a magical girl parody about a transgendered valkyrie who fights along side Norse gods.

So I don't know if in the end Yuuki is trangender which would count as yuri if she end with Chiaki, or if they're using the word transgender wrong or I'm just misunderstanding it because of language barrier.

TL;DR Someone knows if this is a yuri webcomic with a MtF main character or not?

Assuming I understood it correctly, if MC is transgender, they are FtM.

Misfile I know about, tho. I don't think it'd be "yuri", but it may be of interest to the same public.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 2:50PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I mentioned it pages ago, Victoria (the author) said it was coming when I asked her on Twitter. :)

Ah, okay. Didn't occur to me that it might have been here.

Loving the series so far, although the mains haven't even met so far. Expect it'll be fairly soon, Afia's gotta get hungry eventually.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Balderdash updates rather slowly though, which is kind of a let down. I think she (Victoria) might be in school or something, not sure.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yuuki was male forced to become female, I used she in that sentence because if Yuuki is trangender that would be the right pronoun, but I was not sure if I should have used he, she or he/she to talk about Yuuki as I don't know if the character is really trangender or not.

Misfile I know about, tho. I don't think it'd be "yuri", but it may be of interest to the same public.

Misfile is good but probably don't count as yuri since Ash identifies as male and didn't became a girl by choice, but it's a nice read if you have patience, it's years since it started and only recently Ash and Emily became a couple.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 3:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Balderdash updates rather slowly though, which is kind of a let down. I think she (Victoria) might be in school or something, not sure.

I just put it in my RSS feed, so I don't have to keep checking the site to see if there's anything new.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yuuki was male forced to become female, I used she in that sentence because if Yuuki is trangender that would be the right pronoun, but I was not sure if I should have used he, she or he/she to talk about Yuuki as I don't know if the character is really trangender or not.

If the character is still male-identifying even while forced to become female-bodied, then "male" and he/him is correct. But in the case of a fantasy story, it's a matter of what the author says and hopefully not as much of a mess as what happened to poor David Reimer in real life.

joined Aug 16, 2014

The way I understood it, MC is a male who was turned into a woman against his wishes (like Misfile's Ash). In other words, he identifies as male despite having a female body, hence the FtM (assuming the word transgender applies, of course).

Misfile is good but probably don't count as yuri since Ash identifies as male and didn't became a girl by choice, but it's a nice read if you have patience, it's years since it started and only recently Ash and Emily became a couple.

Exactly. I still think it may be relevant to the interests of the same people who like yuri.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

The way I understood it, MC is a male who was turned into a woman against his wishes (like Misfile's Ash). In other words, he identifies as male despite having a female body, hence the FtM (assuming the word transgender applies, of course).

From what I found he wanted to become male again (like Ash) but started to question his sexuality and have love interest of both gender, Chiaki and Taki, and it seens that for some time now he's not sure anymore if he still want to go back to male or stay female, it's why unlike Misfile I'm not sure if he counts as trangender or not.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Is this a thing with transgender stories, that they start to question their SEXUAL ORIENTATION? I thought those were two entirely different issues, that BlazBlue spinoff manga tackled that too, which, at the time I thought was a thought provoking issue for an otherwise horribly gone wrong side attraction, but that was at the time

joined Aug 16, 2014

From what I found he wanted to become male again (like Ash) but started to question his sexuality and have love interest of both gender, Chiaki and Taki, and it seens that for some time now he's not sure anymore if he still want to go back to male or stay female, it's why unlike Misfile I'm not sure if he counts as trangender or not.

Then let's just count 'em as queer and leave at that. Also, from your description, I'd say it's the same case as Misfile: not yuri, but maybe relevant.

Is this a thing with transgender stories, that they start to question their SEXUAL ORIENTATION?

What. Which "transgender stories" are we talking about specifically?

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 3:33PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well yeah, in the real world sexual orientation is an entirely different question from what gender you are. However, the question is open whether the author knows that and takes it into account in their writing. Not something you can really count on.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Then let's just count 'em as queer and leave at that. Also, from your description, I'd say it's the same case as Misfile: not yuri, but maybe relevant.

Yeah, probably better leave like that until someone can say for sure if it's trangender or not, I'm thinking about reading it so maybe soon I say if it is.

Is this a thing with transgender stories, that they start to question their SEXUAL ORIENTATION?

What. Which "transgender stories" are we talking about specifically?

I noticed that in some mangas, character becomes a woman for some reason and now magically they're attracted to man just because they're female, like Idol Pretender.

I thought those were two entirely different issues, that BlazBlue spinoff manga tackled that too, which, at the time I thought was a thought provoking issue for an otherwise horribly gone wrong side attraction, but that was at the time

Not sure if can be called spin-off as it's canon and Mai is in the game now, but I really hated that romance, I hope Mai don't end up with Taro and goes for yuri route...

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 3:42PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

I noticed that in some mangas, character becomes a woman for some reason and now magically they're attracted to man just because they're female, like Idol Pretender.

Maybe they were attracted to men before..? Anyway, I don't know Idol Pretender, but maybe it has something to with the focus of said mangas being comedy and not realism?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Maybe they were attracted to men before..? Anyway, I don't know Idol Pretender, but maybe it has something to with the focus of said mangas being comedy and not realism?

I guess it depends on the serie, but in Idol Pretender main character was always attracted to one girl and near the end out of nowhere started to feel attracted to his male best friend just because he's nice, most of these characters are straight and have a female love interest, but because now they're female in body their mind starts to become female too and fall in love with a male character that is nice to them.

Mangakas seen to believe that The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body, so if you change your gender for some reason you must feel attracted to the oposite sex of your new gender.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 4:00PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] but because now they're female in body their mind starts to become female too and fall in love with a male character that is nice to them.

I believe this might be a very dangerous thing to say.

Mangakas seen to believe that The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body, so if you change your gender for some reason you must feel attracted to the oposite sex of your new gender.

Or (which may be more relevant to the case, even if both reasons are not mutually exclusive), as I said, the focus is comedy and not realism. Putting the characters in "funny"/awkward situations comes first. It's hard to say without specific examples.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 4:03PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

[...] but because now they're female in body their mind starts to become female too and fall in love with a male character that is nice to them.

I believe this might be a very dangerous thing to say.

I didn't try to imply anything, just said something that some mangakas do.

Or (which may be more relevant to the case, even if both reasons are not mutually exclusive), as I said, the focus is comedy and not realism. Putting the characters in "funny"/awkward situations comes first. It's hard to say without specific examples.

Yeah, the only example I remember is Idol Pretender that is comedy, I remember seen that in more serious mangas but they were not very good so I didn't care to remember them, better stop here unless someone have another example to discuss.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

If the character is still male-identifying even while forced to become female-bodied, then "male" and he/him is correct. But in the case of a fantasy story, it's a matter of what the author says and hopefully not as much of a mess as what happened to poor David Reimer in real life.

Didn't notice your post Nezchan, he was male-identifying before but now it seens it's not the case anymore, I think he still sees himself as male but is not sure if he still want to go back to male or stay female, I don't know if that could count as transgender as it seens he's just accepting he's new gender and the fact that supposedly there's no way to go back to male, I don't know if the author said anything about the issue as I didn't read it yet, that's why I'm not completely sure what to call him, but I guess it's better to treat Yuuki as male for now, when I read it I'll probably make another post to say if it is exactly like Misfile or not.

About David Reimer, I don't think I've ever seen something like that in fiction and I'm not sure if I would like to, I'm not sure if someone could make a good story with a character like that, specially if the author is japanese, sure some make extremely good stories, but when it come to some issues I just don't trust them to do it right...

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but there is a hentai yuri game called 'Demon Master Chris' (Don't worry about the name, Chris is a girl) It seems to be an RPG/Dungeoncrawler. The CGs are apparently quite good though I've heard the combat could be improved a lot.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I have to say, music of the soul is rather good. Its plagued with errors and stuff, and reminds of the way korean dramas get all angsty and emotional for the silliest of reasons; but it's a rather good.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but there is a hentai yuri game called 'Demon Master Chris' (Don't worry about the name, Chris is a girl) It seems to be an RPG/Dungeoncrawler. The CGs are apparently quite good though I've heard the combat could be improved a lot.

Yeah, they're nice. Though the combat is tedious, keep in mind though because it's a dungeon crawler the protagonist gets raped by monster girls, and there are a few endings, the true ending is a yuri one, where Chris pulls the real Demon Queen in her world and she can't go back and the Queen more or less says 'take responsibility' and it fades out in a kissing CG

I have to say, music of the soul is rather good. Its plagued with errors and stuff, and reminds of the way korean dramas get all angsty and emotional for the silliest of reasons; but it's a rather good.

The book or the series? I finished the book yesterday and I liked it a lot, especially after it's revealed that she's not really hated and how Belle rallied her family to help her through her healing so to speak

Don't really agree with A Deafening Whisper's epilogue though, or with the Girl Next Door's conception, it seems like they would adopt and not have one of them be pregnant

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

For a game about rape scenes DMC was actually pretty okay. Chris being the biggest masochist on earth made the rape scenes bearable. Except for the tentacle one. Chris hated it, I hated it, everybody hated it. And instead of coming up with more and more fucked up scenes, the last few CGs are actually consensual. Chris and Anna together are pretty cute. I will never understand why you would pick the main screen as true end CG though.

I'm through the first season of Lost Girl now and maybe that's just me but from the start Bo seemed way more interested in Lauren than she is in Dyson. Like, a lot more.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

On the topic of the comics
Rain: Rain is transgender and identify as female. Comics has really diverse cast, they cover entire spectrum I think. There is the yuri side couple here as well as main protagonist turns out to be a lesbian and is on good way to became couple with her current best friend.

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6465-yuri-webcomics-series Probably forgotten thread by everyone. You might find more comics there not mentioned here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.