Forum › The Immortal Who Saw the Death of the Universe discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

??? What do I tag this?? It's not a drama despite the subject matter, but is it a comedy???

joined May 30, 2015

Wow.... i loved it

Idk how to feel about this story. I think anything that deals with immortality, eternity, and the apocalypse just astounds me.

I especially liked it because it had Mokou x Kaguya vibes, and I absolutely LOVE that pairing~!

This story is so strange because it's not depressing, as the subject usually tends to be treated, and while it's deep, it does it in such a blase, comedic manner that I understand the circumstances, but I don't feel that they weigh to heavily on my shoulders.

It was a beautiful piece. I hope Mokou and Kaguya get revived together in Eirin's new dimension.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Dramodody.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Dramodody.

I think the right word is dramedy, or maybe tragicomedy?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Actual words are boring.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Actual words are boring.

But if they're not actual words then they're not words just a bunch of letters together.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

maybe next time they revive they'll meet Cooper and Brand still floating in space

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

maybe next time they revive they'll meet Cooper and Brand still floating in space

Or Kars.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I need a picture of Eirin and Dr. Manhattan high fiving in space.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i NEVER get enought of "moku/kagu at the end of the world" 's stories

kagakujinjya
Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'd suggest pseudo-science dark comedy and wtf am I reading

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Why "wtf" ? That story is quite consistent and have nothing of the nuttiness that usually goes with that tag.

I was cautious at first, worried it might be too depressing, but the way the comedy and drama was balanced was so nice it was actually a good read.

joined Dec 27, 2014

Now we're ready for Judgement Day

joined Jan 30, 2013

How can this be so wacky and depressing at the same time?

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

No idea how I found this funny when it is potentially one of the most depressing types of Touhou doujins. But yeah, loved it to bits. (pun intended)

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

There's been some really depressing stories with their immortality, but honestly i don't think this is one of em. gives a cute side to the end of the world

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 10:20AM

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

To be or not to be that is the question...

joined Sep 15, 2013

The powers that they had actually made it quite fun to be an immortal, does anyone else wonder why they didnt just leave earth and head off to a new planet with life to be treated like gods? Like they totally could,go from planet to planet living outside the confines of time

joined Sep 15, 2013

Like i know i am overanalyzing a very cute and funny manga but still

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

Technically, the solar winds would "blow" the Earth into a further orbit as the sun expands. It would be when it goes supernova that the place gets mass scattered.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

can someone explain the comedy for me? i read through it but i didnt find anything particularly funny.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I always find it weird when Eirin is the one taking immortality hardest.
I mean, she lived for millions of years even before drinking the elixir.

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

The powers that they had actually made it quite fun to be an immortal, does anyone else wonder why they didnt just leave earth and head off to a new planet with life to be treated like gods? Like they totally could,go from planet to planet living outside the confines of time

The universe is really big and really empty. I think I read somewhere that the average density of the universe is something like 3 hydrogen atoms per cubic meter? Basically, if they just go in a direction I'd probably bet on the universe suffering heat death before they actually hit anything, especially if it's the really dumb way I pictured involving just exploding into space and drifting that direction with no way to make course corrections or any such thing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The resistance thing is interesting, and I like how it takes Mokou's phoenix powers. But the implication is that every time they're destroyed by the environment, they reincarnate more resistant to that environment until they can function in it. So eventually, once they get blown into space, they'll be able to survive in the void. The implication of this is clear:

I'M MOKOU, AND I CAN BREATHE IN SPACE

joined Sep 15, 2013

The universe is really big and really empty. I think I read somewhere that the average density of the universe is something like 3 hydrogen atoms per cubic meter? Basically, if they just go in a direction I'd probably bet on the universe suffering heat death before they actually hit anything, especially if it's the really dumb way I pictured involving just exploding into space and drifting that direction with no way to make course corrections or any such thing.

They are shown to be alive for billions of years, in which time they study the galaxy and build a working ship able to cross a wormhole, they could've studied up and went to a likely place to live or, like destroy all the atoms of their bodies and have their soul reincarnate them on a different planet. There would be just so many ways of spending time better than getting to be old enough to fall into the I really want to die phase even with them unable to be depressed

To reply you must either login or sign up.