Forum › What are we?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

niccochi said here:

"Shizuku-chan me too! Female yujoshi are rare but we exist :)"

Yujoshi as far as I know is a word that don't exist, based on Fujoshi that means rotten girl, and that made me think, Fujoshi is how female yaoi fans are called, but how they call male yaoi fans? But a lot more important, how yuri fans are called? Do we have our own term? Or only Fujoshis have that privilege?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I expected something incredibly introspective and deep from the thread title, but this is fine too.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

We are the chosen ones.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I call them yuri fans.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

What is love?

BABY DON'T HURT ME!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Fujoshi is the only term for anime/manga maniac, other than otaku, that I ever encountered. And yes, its for females because it seems they are large majority of people that enjoy yaoi. Sure, there are bond to be some male fans, maybe even straight, but I guess there just isn't enough for them to make their own.

So I guess yuri fans in japan didn't come up with their own term. From what I know yaoi is more popular in general and has bigger fanbase, so I guess that is why only they got their own term (don't quote me on that).

Also I got why you would want your own term and Yujoshi looks claver at first, but it really hurts my eyes, as a person who actually understand japanese ^ ^".

EDIT/ Not to mention if you know where fujoshi came from (unless you want to call yourself a rotten lily ;x)

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 1:36PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

We are the chosen ones.

I think we should go with this one.

joined Mar 23, 2013

We are the chosen ones.

Pls no, I hate that trope.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, everyone is always the chosen ones. It's not even special anymore.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

We are the champions, my friends

We will keep on fighting 'til the end.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

We are the champions, my friends

We will keep on fighting 'til the end.

Here we are, Born to be kings,

We are the yuri fanboys of the universe

Here we belong, Fighting to survive,

In a world with the hettest powers,

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 2:55PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's really no word in japanese for this kind of preference. So you can call yourself what you want.

Who needs labels anyway?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

There's really no word in japanese for this kind of preference. So you can call yourself what you want.

Who needs labels anyway?

just gives labels to yourself.
who need labels anyway..

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I honestly think "yuri fan" is all you need and we all know from experience that making japanese terms up didn't work that well in the past (cough shoujo/shounen ai cough)

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 3:41PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

We are the chosen ones.

Idk, everytime I see something use "chosen one" I remember this and feel great.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

That movie is stupidly hilarious. Wuewuewue

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Fudonshi are male yaoi fans I believe, however, I don't think there's a word for yuri fans. I remember a user here saying that they took a trip to Japan and they saw the manga shop: full of yaoi, but only a small section for yuri. I guess we're just over looked, which I find is really weird. Usually, lesbians are glorified or sexualizedwhile, sadly, gay men are looked down upon.
But it's kinda awesome being apart of such a small group. One time I passed by a girl on the subway reading Girlfriends and I was like:

She nodded back, and without any words, we knew exactly what it meant.

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 2:07AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Fudonshi are male yaoi fans I believe, however, I don't think there's a word for yuri fans. I remember a user here saying that they took a trip to Japan and they saw the manga shop: full of yaoi, but only a small section for yuri. I guess we're just over looked, which I find is really weird. Usually, lesbians are glorified or sexualizedwhile, sadly, gay men are looked down upon.

Japanese straight women just aren't satisfied by 3 inchers and herbivore men, they can only quench their thirst with big rapey men/boys with big hands, which only exist in yaoi. This is why the market is so much bigger.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Japanese straight women just aren't satisfied by 3 inchers and herbivore men, they can only quench their thirst with big rapey men/boys with big hands, which only exist in yaoi. This is why the market is so much bigger.

What the fuck?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was tongue in cheek.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I honestly can't even tell anymore...

joined Mar 23, 2013

That was tongue in cheek.

Indeed, although rooted in some facts.

I honestly can't even tell anymore...

Google can bring to your attention the low birth rate, the many sexless marriages and the low amount of adults that want to marry in Japan, they aren't interested. It's been a thing for some time.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

We are the chosen ones.

Aaahahaha that "waaah" at the beginning of the vid gets me every time!! XD

As for the proper label... for male yuri fans... Errrr.... Yuri's Male Champions of Womanly Romance.....???? o_O.... I don't know really, nor do I care about all these weird unnecessary labels that are tossed around in the larger anime/manga community. For me, I just like coming to Dynasty, reading the stories that are released here by the various scanlation teams and interacting with the awesome community male, female, straight, gay, giraffes, and etc. Ya'll are fine folks and this here is a might fine website, don't see why we need to be labeling parts of our community for whatever reason ya hear.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Aaahahaha that "waaah" at the beginning of the vid gets me every time!! XD

As for the proper label... for male yuri fans... Errrr.... Yuri's Male Champions of Womanly Romance.....???? o_O.... I don't know really, nor do I care about all these weird unnecessary labels that are tossed around in the larger anime/manga community. For me, I just like coming to Dynasty, reading the stories that are released here by the various scanlation teams and interacting with the awesome community male, female, straight, gay, giraffes, and etc. Ya'll are fine folks and this here is a might fine website, don't see why we need to be labeling parts of our community for whatever reason ya hear.

I personally take offence at being grouped in the fine folks category, as implied by use of "Ya'll". Some of us are asshats.

And this asshat wants a nice shiny label to put on itself. Quick someone with creativity think of one!

*besides asshat,something to do with yuri.

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 5:35AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Thanks man, i don't think our fellow giraffes readers gets enough recognition so it really puts my heart at easy to see someone thinking of them

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 7:13AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.