Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Updated everything, bookmarked clublez, thanks for the help. Orphan Black isn't finished yet though, there's gonna be a season 4 and probably 5.

Episode 1 of Wentworth Season 3 was pretty much the best thing I've ever seen. Only 4 episodes left. :(

Anyone knows if Lost Girl has a happy yuri end?

I think they can finish orphan black with the season 4... really want them not to extend the series too much >.>

Lost girl isn't finished yet, after the season 5 it will be though if I got it well
Didn't watch it entirely (started season 3) but I got the impression that while it is the really frustrating kind of series, Like relationships never goes well, 2 or more break up/heartbreak each seasons and with a lot of different person it might have a happy yuri end

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 7:45AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Updated everything, bookmarked clublez, thanks for the help. Orphan Black isn't finished yet though, there's gonna be a season 4 and probably 5.

Episode 1 of Wentworth Season 3 was pretty much the best thing I've ever seen. Only 4 episodes left. :(

Anyone knows if Lost Girl has a happy yuri end?

I think they can finish orphan black with the season 4... really want them not to extend the series too much >.>

Lost girl isn't finished yet, after the season 5 it will be though if I got it well
Didn't watch it entirely (started season 3) but I got the impression that while it is the really frustrating kind of series, Like relationships never goes well, 2 or more break up/heartbreak each seasons and with a lot of different person it might have a happy yuri end

After the season 3 finale of Orphan Black, I looked at a few interiews because of Delphine's death and in one of them it said that Delphine's death is going to be important for Cosima's character developement in seasons 4 and 5. I don't think anything's set in stone yet though.

Thanks for the info on Lost Girl, I might hold off on that for now.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

and about the 100

(stop watching before the second to last episode; I don't know why, just do it)

ghaaa I won't start another shitwar about it but I disagree with this sentence. For me it was 100% logical behaviour

I didn't watch it, I just wrote what I've been told.

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 7:55AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

and about the 100

(stop watching before the second to last episode; I don't know why, just do it)

ghaaa I won't start another shitwar about it but I disagree with this sentence. For me it was 100% logical behaviour

I didn't watch it, I just wrote what I've been told.

I think first post should be neutral :P without any additional comments near titles :P

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 8:05AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, I made the list like 70% for myself and I wanna be warned in advance. :P
For real though, I think Happy Ends should be avoided, especially in long running series. I try to keep comments to a relative minimum and I don't mark every bad end but I don't want people to waste their time on something that they're gonna regret watching.
If you don't think it fits, then tell me why and I'll reconsider/wait for people to discuss it. :)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I don't mark every bad

in tv series you should add this to almost every title xD (well... they really like theme "good gay is a dead gay" what can I say? = = " )

stop watching before the second to last episode; I don't know why, just do it

I can't just "write why you think it don't fits"... Many Clexa fans think Lexa's behaviour was totally unforgivable, unlogical and she didn't feel anything when she done was she did. For me they are just stupid and they don't get Lexa's character, her personality, her duty to her own people. They are forgetting that sometimes you can't allow yourself for love (especially on war, when you are a leader), that you sometimes MUST sacrifice your own happiness for greater good.

The 100 isn't predictable, fluff show. It's about surviving, about human nature - how people can change/evolve/grown up in extreme situations. We need to remember that Lexa and Clarke are leaders, TEENAGE (one was rised for this role since baby, second was thrown to deep water) leaders who must protect their own people.

So basically - if you don't know how hard is to be a leader, you don't get how much responsibilites are with this position and that sometimes you can't do what's your heart want because you must follow your head - YOU CAN'T JUDGE LEXA

just IMO :P

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 8:52AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, I just thought it would end het. I'll wait if somebody comments on the topic but I'll probably just exchange the comment for bad end later. Thanks.
You're right about adding bad end tags in general, at least for the series. I'll do that later though.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

It's NOT bad end... Writers know that fans love Clexa, one of them even wrote that he hopes that Alicia (Lexa) will get killed quickly in her The Walking Dead spin-off to return to the 100.

It's not the end of Clexa guys... you can say it's hiatus :P

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 9:00AM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Who is clexa and what show are you talking about?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So it's not even finished yet? Then there's no reason tor the comment, I guess, deleted it for now.

Also just took a look at the wikipedia and imdb site of The 100.
Anybody knows how faithful it is to the books? In the books she apparently ends up with Bellamy It also says she was in a relationship with Wells before and it doesn't even mention Lexa or her bisexuality. And it says Clarke was "based on" the novel character. So I guess there's still hope? Orange Is the New Black already showed that yuri is more important than what the author actually wrote. Japan should take note.

Anyways, it would be awesome if you could keep me posted on the show if and whenever you feel like it. The 100 seems really interesting but I don't do ongoing series.

I'm going to watch South of Nowhere after Wentworth, by the way, anybody can confirm, like, the quality of the show? Also, happy end?

The show is The 100, Clexa is Lexa x Clarke (I think?)

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 9:23AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I'm going to watch South of Nowhere after Wentworth, by the way, anybody can confirm, like, the quality of the show? Also, happy end?

I've watched the first season and it was nice and the drama was ok for a teen show but then came the first episode of the second season and I could feel the never ending drama (teen show style) coming. And god know I'm particularly bad with this kind so I went to lost girl x)

I will watch the whole thing one day (maybe soon) because I rarely let a series unfinished and it wasn't bad. I just can't watch these things in one go.

I'm also interested either it end well or not, the girls are really cute together...

joined Sep 15, 2013

South of nowhere is perhaps the best Yuri show set entirely around the lives of teenagers, so of you are looking for some good old fashioned teen angst show then south of nowhere is for you. The handling of characters was done well. The show ends on a happy note as such so no worries on that end, the only issue I had was that the 3rd season felt rushed.

joined Sep 15, 2013

The cast has incredible chemistry together so that helped along with the fact that I was actually a teenager myself and wasn't as mindful of the angst. But like seriously though its so much better than watching like the oc which was the other option for some teen Yuri.(totally unrelated, fuck the oc.)

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar, can you go to Dynasty irc in 90 minutes? I can't always reply in a thread so it would be easier for me to talk with you there.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

So it's not even finished yet? Then there's no reason tor the comment, I guess, deleted it for now.

Anybody knows how faithful it is to the books? In the books she apparently ends up with Bellamy It also says she was in a relationship with Wells before and it doesn't even mention Lexa or her bisexuality. And it says Clarke was "based on" the novel character. So I guess there's still hope? Orange Is the New Black already showed that yuri is more important than what the author actually wrote. Japan should take note.

It's not faithful in MANY cases as far I know so don't worry. Even if Clarke apparently ends up with Bellamy I'm almost sure it won't happen in the show :P Also I love how Eliza Taylor (Clarke) react every time she hears from someone "Bellarke" :D

The show is The 100, Clexa is Lexa x Clarke (I think?)

Yes, you're right!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks for the info, whatwhat and trafi. I'll probably start it today so maybe I'll report on the first few episodes later. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaangst+ Actual Happy End is one of the best combinations there is.

Thia: Can't do that, I'm actually supposedly working right now. What you wanna talk about? Thread would be better for me cause I usually just look into the the thread between episodes/activities/whatever.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It's not faithful in MANY cases as far I know so don't worry. Even if Clarke apparently ends up with Bellamy I'm almost sure it won't happen in the show :P Also I love how Eliza Taylor (Clarke) react every time she hears from someone "Bellarke" :D

Really happy to hear that. Catering to the fans instead of blindly following the script is a trend I can get behind. Thanks!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I'm working too so I can't say much now, my internet is having some problems lately so it's difficult for me to reply in threads for now, so it would be better talk with you using irc, it won't take long, I'll be home in 8 hours so I can talk any time after that if my internet works, just say how much time you need to show up and I'll be there.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I don't get how using IRC improves on your internet situation but I may be free in 8 hours, I don't wanna make any promises though.
I'd still like to know what you wanna talk about that won't work in a post.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

So I checked my list with fist post and most of titles (only focused on tv series) were there xD But I have few:

Gotham (side character)
House of Cards (side character but lesbian story was in one season)
Lip Service (cancelled after 2 (?) seasons)
The Real L World (didn't watch so I don't know if it good or not :P)

ONCE UPON A TIME (HUGE SUBTEXT THAT NOT EVERYONE WANT TO SEE BECAUSE EMMA & REGINA HAVE THEIR GUYS) - wear yuri goggles

And now about some titles from 1st post, as I said - I was to lazy to read whole thread xD so sorry if I double comments for some of them.

Skins

You are aware there are GB and US versions?

Chicaco Fire (HypocriticalLiar disapproves)

Totally agree

Rizzoli & Isles (subtext(?))

fucking queerbaiting, just saying, even if I love d this show I think season 1 and 2 were the best. Now I'm watching this like Grey's Anatomy, because I'm watching this for years.

and about Rookie Blue, I think whole yuri thing is starting... in season 4 if I remember correctly xD but just don't have high hopes for it because they have very small amount of screen time.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

One enjoyable series that I grew up with comes to my mind - "Xena:Warrior Princess". Xena and Gabrielle do have strong emotional bond though it might be considered teasing with yuri fans.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Ah, about The 100, I think I might have been the one that originally labelled it bad end.

It wasn't because I disapprove of what Lexa did, although I do...yes, she's a leader, but I still think, as a leader, she made the wrong call it's more of that that kind of betrayal will circumvent any possibility of a relationship in the future. Some people like watching a series for a couple, and some (like in Warehouse 13) pretend that certain seasons or episodes didn't exist so that the couple doesn't "break-up" or they can pretend that they live "happily ever after" (hah like me in Harry Potter).

I do believe that Clarke and Lexa will never get together after what happened in the second-to-last episode.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Thia and Gengar, two fates cruelly seperated thanks to otherworldly circumstances, will love still bloom on the reader?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Thia and Gengar, two fates cruelly seperated thanks to otherworldly circumstances, will love still bloom on the reader?

...Otherworldly?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

...Otherworldly?

Shhhh, don't ruin it

To reply you must either login or sign up.