Forum › Hibike! Euphonium *Spoilers* Discussion

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

So apparently things were too straight in episode 10 so KyoAni was like "Let's give 'em 50% more supercharged KumiRei and throw them for a loop with a totally other separate yuri pairing 80% of them never saw coming"

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Ahahahahahhaha. To be fair to kyoani, in the novel there's a lot of sexual tension between kumiko and reina, and so far they're doing a really really good job bringing that to anime. So as far as adapting a novel goes, kyoani is pretty great.
I'll still swallow whatever bait kyoani throw then be drown in my own tears afterwards.

u_u

On a brighter note, Mikagura Gakuen etc got very interesting and Eruna-chan is still gay as ever.

Yeah. If you all are desperately in the mood for someone who's hella lesbian with someone else then go to Mikagura.

Or I highly recommend Re-Kan!. Amazing story, fun and lighthearted half the time, and heartwarmingly tearful the other half. And the MC and this other girl are totally in love and everyone knows it.

Hey Eruna-chan is super cool!

Also Inoue and Amami from Re-kan! :3 they are so freaking cute,and next ep. is very promising. Can't keep myself from squealing a bit.

I rushed that so it came out wrong. I love Mikagura, and Eruna. I'm pleasantly surprised at how good it's gotten in the recent episodes (similar to how shockingly good Etotama has gotten as well).

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Actually tho, real talk for a second. There was more than just that scene that screamed yuri end this episode. There was a lot of subtextual stuff that's there that - if they are baiting - would bait the...um...types that pay more attention than most.

When Shuuichi had trouble in class, Kumiko didn't really care. When she saw him trying hard and practicing, she was moved and determined she wanted to get better herself, but it was done in a way you could have replaced Shuuichi with %band_member and it have the same reaction. Except Reina.

She's still the main person who chases after Reina. Her friends now give her the push to go out to her way friends would for your crush. Nothing makes Kumiko lose her tact and get excited the way she does.

And with regards to Reina, not much new was shown subtextually last episode (they've kinda done all that over the last 10 episodes), but one important note is how in the end, she cared what Kumiko thought more than anyone else, including Taki-sensei.

So if we are being baited, fine. They set the hook good enough to catch a whale.

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

I was hoping that Kumiko would help Shuichi out with the part he was struggling with. It seemed natural, since it was the same part the euphs were playing in previous episodes, and Asuka specifically gave her advice on it. I'm pulling for the yuri couple, but it'd be nice to see them mend their friendship a bit since their interactions are so funny.

Unfortunately, Kumiko's got a bad personality, heh.

I also thought it was interesting that Hazuki seems to be supporting Kumiko with Reina now instead of with Shuuichi as she was originally doing.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Let me just get away from this ReinaxKumiko madness for a little bit and say that both Kaori and Haruka were amazing this episode.

Agree, they were yurilicious too!!

Dude forget about Reina/Kumiko. 3rd year trio and Yuko/Natsuki is where it's at. I've been in the Yuko/Natsuki ship for a while, but I'm full on sailing with them now.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

There is just no escaping this anime, they literally have us trapped they really are the masters of bait... All I know is becarefull what you wish for... Because yeah you may have us eating from the palm of your hands now but don't forget we have brains and that support we give you can also be taken away. Be nice to your viewers, treat them well because after all you exist because of them...
With all the hype this show has brought because of these two pairings I want to see if they actually got the balls to not make this happen and give us the het ending. All I'm saying is they better play it safe and give us like a type of none romance ending because fans will rage I can tell you that 48% want Suichi and Kumiko to be together but about 125 or 130% want Kumiko and Renina to be a thing. This is a poll from the wikki. And that's a big difference.

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 1:46PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Those numbers are probably wrong, though. Mathematically speaking.

joined Jan 30, 2013

It's a vote thing they aren't made up. It's literally counts on the amount of people that vote for the pairing. You can go to the wiki and vote for who you want Kumiko to be with :) (percentage of the people that vote for the pairing)

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 1:54PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

http://hibike-euphonium.wikiaglobal.com/wiki/Kumiko_Oumae/Relationships
Here's the poll for those that are interested. There are so many Kumiko/Shuuichi shippers in the comments on the wiki that I'm never looking there again.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haha, the google translate guy from the MAL forums is there too.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Haha, the google translate guy from the MAL forums is there too.

What guy are you talking about? Is he someone that fervently denies any chance of yuri?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That petrukio guy. I think he's a little annoyed by all the countless yuri anime we're getting all the time. Like K-on and stuff. Full disclosure, he seems pretty dumb.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Honestly though there really isn't much what I define as true yuri. (Slow progression of feelings shared by two women that looks and feels natural. That isn't forced or isn't put in the context of being "wrong" "shouldn't feel this way" "we are both girls"..etc) In my opinion, this is the closest I've seen to that effect, even if Kumiko and Reina don't become actually become canon. The pace of the anime is amazing and over all character personalities are too. In general terms this is one I would watch even if it not yuri/ends up as just baiting. It's fun to watch. :)

joined Jan 30, 2013

^+

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I havent gone through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned the relationship chart that KyoAni released???? http://anime-eupho.us/sp/character/chart/

Relationship between Kumiko and Reina was defined as "BEING ATTRACTED TO EACH OTHER"

OMG THEY BETTER NOT BACK DOWN ON THIS COUPLE
I'm really hyped up right now :D

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 2:48AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I havent gone through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned the relationship chart that KyoAni released???? http://anime-eupho.us/sp/character/chart/

Relationship between Kumik and Reina was defined as "BEING ATTRACTED TO EACH OTHER"

And that's official1?!?!?!? Wow. Hahahahhahahahaha I can't stand it, this anime is killing me right now.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Relationship between Kumik and Reina was defined as "BEING ATTRACTED TO EACH OTHER"

And that's official1?!?!?!? Wow. Hahahahhahahahaha I can't stand it, this anime is killing me right now.

They better not fuck it up saying they're attracted to each other as friends. That would be the lamest explanation ever

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

They better not fuck it up saying they're attracted to each other as friends. That would be the lamest explanation ever

But they will, all that subtext is also in the light novel, that as some of you already know, have het ending, penis win guys, man I'm going to love people reaction to it, can someone tell me how many episodes it have left and their release date? Can't wait for the cry of yuri fans, I'm one too, but your reactions are too much fun, so I can enjoy it thanks to you all.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 3:11AM

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

But they will, all that subtext is also in the light novel, that as some of you already know, have het ending, penis win guys, man I'm going to love people reaction to it, can someone tell me how many episodes it have left and their release date? Can't wait for the cry of yuri fans, I'm one too, but your reactions are too much fun, so I can enjoy it thanks to you all.

it's 13 episodes.

I don't want to burst everyone's yuri bubbles but the main theme of the novel is that kumiko and reina are soulmate but they do not attracted to each other romantically, sadly.

On the bright side the novel did have a more obvious yuri couple. Check out Kiryuu Suruga pixiv. It contains spoiler tho

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Lol, at this point as long as Kumiko doesn't end up with Shuuichi I'm considering that a win.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 3:48AM

Avinyan
joined Mar 1, 2015

Only two episodes left and I really doubt they can ship Kumiko with Shuuichi so fast (though I wouldn't say the same for a S2, but somehow I think we won't have a S2, maybe for good). I don't think though that Kumiko and Reina will get a lot more close than they do now. All in all I think they will keep focusing on the band itself and that is definitively quite nice in my opinion.

Also we have KaorixChieri i and they are absolutely lovely anyway~!

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 4:10AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I don't want to burst everyone's yuri bubbles but the main theme of the novel is that kumiko and reina are soulmate but they do not attracted to each other romantically, sadly.

Thanks for bursting ;(
Disregarding any possible ending, I thought their relationship was portrayed quite beautifully. I'm happy enough.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Asuka ftw!!

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Is it just me... or is some of the MAL people comments in Hibike Euphonium discussions about yuri really blood boiling sometimes? Don't know why some of the comments feel like it's somewhat insulting yuri fans.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

What the,how can one be attracted to someone as a friend? That's the most stupid thing I've read in 6 months

To reply you must either login or sign up.