Forum › If I Were To Die Today discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Thats a pretty heavy prank xD

Also, man that art is quite stylized in a cartoony fashion, it looks so awesome! :O

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Mood whiplash hahaha

Ava
joined Dec 25, 2013

Fuck, since Meiling realized the meaning of Sakuya dropping the plate, I was crying the whole time (T_T)
If someone were to play such kind of prank to me, I guess my tears of joy would be the only thing that kept me from beating them to a pulp...
Still a really good read!

Itshappening
joined Feb 13, 2013

Been a long while since a read a tragedy of long life doujin, all my defenses were down my feelings exposed. It hurt so good

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

drama

Meiling x Sakuya

"die" in the title

Nah, never ever, I'm not likely to have THAT amount of tears.

last edited at Jun 15, 2015 7:14AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

...but she did die in the end, the epilogue seems to imply a long time has passed.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The bit that gets me really is where Patchouli is burning the book, and saying Youkai don't have to respect a human's mortality. That couldn't have been part of the prank, since it wasn't somewhere Meiling could have seen it.

The bit at the end with the watch is clearly in the future after she does die though, and Meiling is working on bringing her back as promised.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Yes, Remi just decided to make it look like one big elaborate prank, maybe out of consideration for Meiling or because that's just her style.

I wasn't expecting such a dark theme in a Mori no hon doujin, but I'm kind of in awe how well it was delivered.

If anyone is looking for another way to beat the shinigami going for Sakuya, you might want to check out http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dying_sakuya

last edited at Jun 15, 2015 10:49AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

The bit that gets me really is where Patchouli is burning the book, and saying Youkai don't have to respect a human's mortality. That couldn't have been part of the prank, since it wasn't somewhere Meiling could have seen it.

The bit at the end with the watch is clearly in the future after she does die though, and Meiling is working on bringing her back as promised.

I think she felt for the prank as well, she got sick the next day waiting for the shinigami so she could kick its ass.

last edited at Jun 15, 2015 12:11PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, I don't know what the hell happened.

The mood whiplash was so massive that my neck hurts now. Still, is always great to see more MeiSaku

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Been a long while since a read a tragedy of long life doujin, all my defenses were down my feelings exposed. It hurt so good

"It hurt so good" is basically what i say all the time. Praise to the drama tag

joined Jan 27, 2015

so meiling is reborn as human in outside world?

9029(1)a
joined Feb 9, 2013

I know that the cute art is grate. It makes me all fuzzy and warm inside but the more harder style that is there from time to time is grate too. It gives me shivers every time I see Melings face. In a good way. I know it's weird but it's really grate. I will defensively buy it.

joined Jun 17, 2015

What a joke.

Knight%20model%20(the%20pelandes%20quest)
joined Jan 3, 2015

Alright, for now on, I'm calling this the "Keine Box Effect", since this doujin had the exact same emotion curve as that one.

1. Story starts off normal (just here for some MeiSaku, no big deal).
  2. The plot gets progressively darker, until it becomes depressing (in a good way).
  3. We reach a point of realization in which it's hard not to start crying.
  4. And when everything seems hopeless... BAM! Turns out there was nothing to be sad about!

This process is usually followed by a complete brain lockdown, as it tries do decide whether I should laugh, cry, scream of anger, or simply all the aforementioned at once. And I like it!

last edited at Jun 20, 2015 6:21AM

joined Sep 15, 2013

This was just great, I don't really follow tohou at all but the way this was written makes it one of the best things I have read here, like it got me emotionally in a way that I wasn't expecting at all. Beautiful.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Being a little selfish here, but are there more doujins like this with similar subject matter as well written as this?

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

I think it's more like Meiling forces her way out of Gensokyo ("The Shrine Maiden kicked me over"), to the human world, where then she will proceed to find the reincarnation of Sakuya. Since, you know, the "I will find you" deal.

joined Oct 11, 2014

Okay, this is my thought
things that happen in this book maybe true. about shinigami, sakuya's death, etc
When they said it's just a prank, actually it's really happening.
When Patche burnt the book, it's like she and Remi ready to battle, included Flan of course (she asked "Who is stronger, shinigami or me" not for nothing)
And, there is Komachi outside, why the hell she want to slacking off that far if not for something important, even though the one who take the life not Komachi, but different thing.
ah, and there is Laevateinn in the SDM's rooftop, not sure if it's just for comedic thing.
I don't know about the afterwards tho, maybe that's right if it's telling about Meiling gonna do some shit for Sakuya

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think it's more like Meiling forces her way out of Gensokyo ("The Shrine Maiden kicked me over"), to the human world, where then she will proceed to find the reincarnation of Sakuya. Since, you know, the "I will find you" deal.

"The Shrine Maiden kicked me over" probably means Reimu (or Reimu's successor?) probably helped her pass through the barrier willingly, with a token beating for show. More like "You better go get Sakuya back or I'll smack you good."

The more I read this, the more I'm convinced Sakuya actually was going to die and the "prank" part was purely for Meiling's benefit after all the pain she went through. Patchouli wouldn't fall for such a simple ploy, Koakuma's too innocent and Flan (who's on the roof rarin' to go) isn't a good enough actor. So either they were all in on it and putting on a show all by themselves on the roof, or it was the real thing and they agreed to cover it up afterwards.

joined Sep 8, 2014

It may be spend very very long time (several hundred years) for Sakuya aging and die. In canon, There are some clue mention in PMiSS (in her profile) that Sakuya may be much older and possibly even hundreds of years old but still appear as young woman and may related with her power of time manipulation. There are possible to presumed Sakuya can stop or slow her aging.

last edited at Nov 2, 2015 1:47AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Or she's a Lunarian, although that hasn't really been a popular premise in doujin work for a couple of years.

joined Aug 16, 2015

I'd love to see a manga a bit à la "Hataraku Maou-sama" where Meiling learns about the real world and has to find a job. Would be fun.

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

xD Way too funny!

__minamoto_chikaru_strawberry_panic_drawn_by_takashina_asahi__abe92d9e0ddce264552d5caa2b8929cc
joined May 13, 2018

Funny, sad, funny, sad.

I was wondering if something was off because I wondered why she didn’t use her time powers...Didn’t think it would in such a direction plot wise. Laughed until I saw the epilogue...Perhaps Remilia made it as a prank to hide the whole truth from Meiling...

At least Meiling kept her promise... :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.