Forum › Citrus discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

No no no... France, for example, only prohibits it since 2010 if it involves minors. Consenting adults are not concerned.

Laws vary widely between countries anyway.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anyway, since we are talking about yuri, what two adult sisters do in their bedroom isn't my, or your, or anyone's concern. Period.

They won't even have to deal with a possible pregnancy, so, for all I care, more power to them.

joined Jan 5, 2015

I add that in my country fully consensual sex between siblings, even adopted, is punishable.
(Though I'm not sure if homosexual ones are. The law talks about 'brother and sister' but meaning of law here is kinda fuzzy).

I don't think I'd had any sexual throughts about someone who lived with me for ~20 years. Kinda gross, especially when you get to know their less pleasant habits/weirdness at home. The kind of that people don't show in public.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't think I'd had any sexual throughts about someone who lived with me for ~20 years. Kinda gross, especially when you get to know their less pleasant habits/weirdness at home. The kind of that people don't show in public.

Don't ever get married then, or live with your boyfriend/girlfriend.

You'll break-up/divorce in record time.

joined Jan 5, 2015

So tell me, do you fell comfortable about fucking your mother?

last edited at Jun 13, 2015 9:44AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

In Germany it's especially stated that anal and oral are okay, vaginal ain't. So same sex incest is allowed too, I think.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I think circumstances are what matter here.

Obviously, typically speaking, if you grow up with a sibling since you were young, you'll just naturally learn to accept them as just that, it will very rarely evolve into incest. The last thing I think of when I look at my own sister is that I want to date her.
But maybe, in an alternative universe, if we had met in a different way, maybe not since we were kids, I could have felt differently towards them.

In Citrus, the two sisters obviously didn't have any prior knowledge about each other, so it's not unreasonable to imagine a romantic bond forming between the two due to the circumstances around them.

And the same goes for any kind of incestuous relationship, you can't just make huge encompassing generalizations because this is very much a case by case thing.

last edited at Jun 13, 2015 11:13AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So tell me, do you fell comfortable about fucking your mother?

When did this become about me? I don't know about that since it never crossed my mind. I wouldn't do anything with any of my parents, or siblings, because I have zero sexual attraction to them. But I'm just me, not anyone else.

I admit someone having sexual relationships with a sibling may raise issues in our societies, seeing as the taboo is strong. But it hasn't always been the case in other places and in other times.

Some people have asked, and still ask me, something akin to "do you feel comfortable about fucking another girl?" with the same disgusted expression you have.

I see your arguments as an attempt to force on other people your idea of what is a "proper sexual relationship".

And I'm clearly fed up about people telling me who I can, or cannot, fuck.

Back to Citrus, there's no issues : they are both girls, they are not blood-related and there will never be a baby. Case closed.

last edited at Jun 13, 2015 11:35AM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Wow this subject scalated quickly...

So... who here thinks Matsuri should date..eh dammit the names,,you know Yuzu's friend...the one who lately hangs out a lot with that rep girl.. nya ¬¬

joined Jan 5, 2015

I understand what drives people to incest (and when it's not genetic sexual attraction between people early separated, it's not pretty, usually). I also understand what drives people to avoid incest.

I read Citrus, watched I Love My Sister and keep commenting here for sole reason - to be righteously disgusted at people like you. Turns me onnn.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I understand what drives people to incest (and when it's not genetic sexual attraction between people early separated, it's not pretty, usually). I also understand what drives people to avoid incest.

I read Citrus, watched I Love My Sister and keep commenting here for sole reason - to be righteously disgusted at people like you. Turns me onnn.

Personally, I'm righteously disgusted at all real life relationships, that shits for the drawings people! Draw yourself having sex or go without.

Yuzu's friend is Harumin I'm fairly sure, and I ship her with Matsuri too.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 3:52PM

joined Jan 5, 2015

Will the last volume have a giant middle finger cutout inside? Still no substance, but finally honest with itself.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Just let people be, it's their own business. At least that's what i believe, as long as they don't harm others in any way, it's fine with me.I don't find the story disgusting, if someone does - i recommend stop reading it; if someone finds anything else not-story-related disgusting - feel free to keep it for themselves,it's not the right place and I couldn't care less.//
My favorite is Harumin's sister, I wonder who she will eventually end up with?

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Personally, I'm righteously disgusted at all real life relationships, that shits for the drawings people! Draw yourself having sex or go without.

Yuzu'a friend is Harumin I'm fairly sure, and I ship her with Matsuri too.

Yes that one, I'm sorry, I'm quite bad with names hehehe
good I'm not alone on that ship

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Being bad with names is near a requirement of the Internet.

And thank you for quoting me that I realised I put Yuzu'a, that was unforgivable and I shall now proceed to punish myself.

joined Apr 27, 2014

And thank you for quoting me that I realised I put Yuzu'a, that was unforgivable and I shall now proceed to punish myself.

Hahaha well I'm only bad with names in anime or movies or books. Unless they leave an impression like Nishikino Maki or Toshino Kyouko
Hahahaha

Do proceed then good sir,miss, I'm not sure ^^

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Hahaha well I'm only bad with names in anime or movies or books. Unless they leave an impression like Nishikino Maki or Toshino Kyouko
Hahahaha

Do proceed then good sir,miss, I'm not sure ^^

Abomination works well enough, and self flaying is hard.

Korrasami-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30972763-500-326
joined Aug 22, 2014

I need Mei and Yuzu to finally just be honest and say they love each other. My heart can't take any more suspense!!!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, in chapter 16, Mei acknowledges more or less to Yuzu (not verbally) that she has feelings for her and hints at them dating. But now, Harumin's sister is probably going to wreck havoc in the nascent relationship.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Expressing an opinion by saying something is "shit" just begs for antagonism from people who actually think it's not. It's kind of a provocation.

I can't argue with that, but sometimes you think something is so bad, that there is no point in coming up with half-assed reasoning. You just call it for what you see it. A shit. (I actually never called anything shit, but for some reason phrase "it's shit" is so funny to me and reflects someones thoughts on matter perfectly xD).

I like the way Yuzu puts all her efforts into getting her genuine feelings accross despite the hurdles in her path. I like the way Mei is slowly opening up because Yuzu keeps trying to break the walls she put around herself. Each drama brings them closer and that's how the relationship goes forward. It may be too slow for some people, but the pace isn't that bad. And the (possible) side couples are also interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I like have the characters were presented and general idea of Yuzu trying to reach to Mei. What didn't work for me was how drama was build. Instead of some real issue in their relationship, their dialog or their action, what get them closer are some random events, by some random characters who then immediately disappear. The scenes between Mei and Yuzu work well (for the most part), but I just can't take this unrealistic streak of bad coincidences seriously.

And what pisses me the most, there was actually really good direction that this series could take while still maintaining drama, but was completely disregarded for the sake of forced drama and getting them together. Yuzu understood that what Mei needs is not a lover but a family. That could be such powerful move. Make Yuzu finally accepted her feelings for Mei, but then have to hid it because Mei doesn't really think about her in that way. You can have your angst with Yuzu trying to copy with just being a sister and after having Mei develop better relationship with Yuzu, then go into couple territory.

I really wanted to see them as couple, but I could endure waiting if that was the direction that manga took. Sadly after all that cliche drama, I'm so tired of that series, even though they finally got together, I don't really care anymore. Especially since author already have next drama in store and looking at their quality so far, I don't really want to read it.

And if I was the only one, I don't think 7seas would pick it up.

From what I saw, this kind of angsty story with drama for the sake of drama has surprisingly big fanbase. People like to get their share of "damn feels", but I prefer when it happens for better reasons than for drama itself.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 7:31AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I say Shitrus joking, like I would call a friend "piece of shit" or "bastard", now if someone don't like that some people talk bad about something they like and get butthurt, that's their problem, saying that it's a provocation is just and excuse against opinions they don't like, even if all they say it's shit, everyone have the right to give their opinion as long they don't attack others, I like Citrus, sure it have problems, but now maybe we'll have some progress?

What I don't like is how some people talk about Mei, because she's basically defective, the way she's super cold it means her mother died when she was young and her father raised her, her father and grandfather are super serious and only think about the school and responsabilities, then her father goes away, abandoning her and becomes a completelty different person, her grandfather probably don't even really love her and sees her as nothing but a successor, or a tool, since the only reason to marry her with that teacher was because of the school, everyone sees her as an object of desire and lust, even her "friend" forced herself on Mei, how many other maybe tried that and don't sees her a real person, she grew up without any kind of love and affection, learning that only responsabilities and obligations matter, is it any surprise that she's so fucked up and make those stupid choices? Is it really a surprise that Yuzu has taken so long to show Mei that she really love her and don't want to use her as everyone else? It would be unrealistic if Mei was not like that, no one would grow as "normal" person like that, if the story was more realistic Yuzu love would not be enough to fix all her problems and after they finish school and are free to do whatever they want she would get some therapy for Mei, but of course this is manga and power of love cures anything, even cancer, so at the end Mei will be better.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 12:00PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Haha, therapy... In Japan. Oh you are funny man. Nothing realistic about that.

I think people who enjoy the shoujo trainwreck/misunderstandings and the dark haired protags with "dark past" whom the MC naively tries to "fix" with her love would enjoy Citrus. Because it's pretty much that with bi monthly artsex and no boys allows only cute girls.

Personaly I've read a tad too many of those and have become jaded towards that kind of setting.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Personaly I've read a tad too many of those and have become jaded towards that kind of setting.

My thoughts exactly.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 12:25PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Haha, therapy... In Japan. Oh you are funny man. Nothing realistic about that.

I think people who enjoy the shoujo trainwreck/misunderstandings and the dark haired protags with "dark past" whom the MC naively tries to "fix" with her love would enjoy Citrus. Because it's pretty much that with bi monthly artsex and no boys allows only cute girls.

Well I said realistic because if you really love someone, you will want to help that person, if someone use that bullshit excuse about "shame" that a lot of people uses in japan, than I simply can't believe they love that person enough...

The story is the basic bad boy romance, with a girl falling in love with a jerk and her love will make him a better person, only reason I enjoy Citrus is for being yuri, good art, and Mei seens to really be defective, she don't act like a jerk like in shoujo because she choses but because it's how her mind work, her brain don't seens to work like ours.

But of course I don't remember much about the story, I need to read it again.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 12:35PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You guys are making a huge mistake on your impressions. Yuzu isn't trying to "fix" Mei nor making her a better person, she's simply trying to make Mei's life better. That's why she was so confused about if it was better to be a sister or a lover.

To reply you must either login or sign up.