Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 31, 2015

For the overtooning (overlay) method to read the chapter on Comico in English,
I made a visual guide webpage on how to set it up.

I tried to make it as easy as possible to follow by providing screenshots for every step.
Also, since it is a webpage, I put a link that you can drag and drop to set up the bookmarklet (rather than copying the JavaScript code, creating a new bookmark, then pasting).

Here's the page:
bit.do/ffovertoon

I actually wanted to make this in time for chapter 37 this past Sunday but didn't have the time, unfortunately.

Still a work in progress. Going to update it some more. I also intend on summarizing how Comico works.

Hope it'll prove useful. Feedback is welcome. (... but may be ignored. :3 )

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 2:37AM

joined Jan 5, 2015

For the overtoon (overlay) method to read the chapter on Comico in English,

I tried to make it as easy as possible to follow by providing screenshots for every step.
Also, since it is a webpage, I put a link that you can drag and drop to set up the bookmarklet (rather than copying the JavaScript code, creating a new bookmark, then pasting).

Here's the page:
bit.do/ffovertoon

I actually wanted to make this in time for chapter 37 this past Sunday but didn't have the time, unfortunately.

Still a work in progress. Going to update it some more. I also intend on summarizing how Comico works.

I just want to let you all know that if it doesn't work again (due to cookies), just open your [Chrome] browser incognito. That works for me.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I just want to let you all know that if it doesn't work again (due to cookies), just open your [Chrome] browser incognito. That works for me.

Also you can always try addon version http://bit.ly/1I4BpSQ

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 4:21AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

otakuJin:

anonymous:

For the overtoon (overlay) method to read the chapter on Comico in English,

Here's the page:
bit.do/ffovertoon

Thanks for confirming the issue, because I was starting to think this was only happening for me. (Despite having reproduced this on different computers in different networks.)

Indeed, Incognito Mode should be the easiest workaround for now for those who experience this issue. I just added the workaround to the page.

I'll paste it here too:

There is a temporary bug right now that some people may experience.
As a workaround to ensure that this will work for sure, open a "private window" in your browser:
Chrome: Press Ctrl Shift N (Command Shift N on a Mac) to open an Incognito Window
Firefox: Press Ctrl Shift P (Command Shift P on a Mac) to open a Private Browsing window
Internet Explorer: Press Ctrl Shift P to open an InPrivate Browsing window
After you're done reading the chapter, just close the private window.
Hopefully, this issue will be resolved soon and this extra step won't be necessary.

Alextasha:

You can always also try addon version http://bit.ly/1I4BpSQ

I might be wrong, but I think the addon version does the exact same thing as the bookmarklet, as in it runs the exact same Odd Squad script that does the overlays. It's just that the addon automates it for you.

If this is the case, then the same issue will occur. (Works once, then never works again.)

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 4:34AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

It's just that the addon automates it for you. If this is the case, then the same issue will occur. (Works once, then never works again.)

Yes & um... yes. (Too small amount of sleep = not thinking xD)

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

1) No-rae is not affected/injured because she wasn't in the bus anymore
2) No-rae was in the bus at time of accident but is totally fine/mild scratch
3) No-rae seriously injured in the accident (coma/broken bone,,etc) and they took her to hospital

If it's anything but 1) I'm gonna ragequit the manhwa for poor writing. Yes, Ssamba, I've warned you! lol
on a sidenote, I'd be totally in for a short zombie special whenever there's a need for a break.

Here's an update:
No-rae dies. Seol-a and Ji-hwan are crying rivers at the funeral, start hugging each other, and end up going out. But No-rae resurrects as a zombie and eats Ji-hwan's brains. In that very moment, Seol-a shoots a shotgun and kills No-rae the zombie, however the second bullet blows inside the rifle and kills Seol-a. Turns out, the powder in the bullets was poisoned and infected with a virus. So Seol-a actually resurrects as a zombie too. Happy zombie yuri end.

UPD:
Plot twist - Seol-a and No-rae are actually not zombies. The virus they caught was meticulously prepared by No-rae's older brother in glasses so that the girls would be able to connect to Flutterion Unit-01 (No-rae) and Unit-02 (Seol-a) respectively. Using these semi-machines, the girls fight Ji-hwan who turned out to be the so-called Fallen Angel and planned to destroy yuri on planet earth.

Maaaan the shit we talk about to pass the time lol!

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

It's locked. Is there a site where I can read it?

Unfortunately you have to pay on the mobile app (and then buy the chapter on the PC website) if you want to unlock the raws. I won't be posting any links to raws or translational progress because I want to keep the Korean raws down on lock. The author told us she didn't want us to translate it, and lezhin doesn't have a free system like comico/naver, so that's why I REALLLYYY don't want any Korean raws floating around. You'll just have to wait for the release on YP or Dynasty.

But I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you that I've already translated chapters 1-12. Now we just have to check and typeset everything.

nooooooooo, that suffering is not being able to read, looks interesting, the Western style of design very similar to the European comics ...

halmoni, that you can read it as you find it, interesting history and dialogues?

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

lol it suddenly become a zombie talk XD at the end of the chapter the author seem to talk about "It's supposed to get hot this summer so hang in there" I wonder if Ssamba is planning something nice about No-rae and Seol-a :D

joined Jun 2, 2015

Unfortunately you have to pay on the mobile app (and then buy the chapter on the PC website) if you want to unlock the raws. I won't be posting any links to raws or translational progress because I want to keep the Korean raws down on lock. The author told us she didn't want us to translate it, and lezhin doesn't have a free system like comico/naver, so that's why I REALLLYYY don't want any Korean raws floating around. You'll just have to wait for the release on YP or Dynasty.

But I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you that I've already translated chapters 1-12. Now we just have to check and typeset everything.

Hey Halmoni, not sure if this is the right way to contact you but I couldn't find any pm system here. I was just wondering if you need help with the process? I would be glad to help you guys out in any way since I've been waiting forever for the translations. Let me know!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hey Halmoni, not sure if this is the right way to contact you but I couldn't find any pm system here. I was just wondering if you need help with the process? I would be glad to help you guys out in any way since I've been waiting forever for the translations. Let me know!

You really need to be talking to the folks at Yuri Project, since they're the ones responsible for producing the final finished translations/typesets that end up on the site and making sure it's quality work. I don't know if they're looking for people to work on this particular project, but I imagine most groups would appreciate a helping hand in general.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

We aren't working on wdtfs through YP this time, since we want to work on everything privately. Shoot me an email with details on what you want to help out with. We have 1 qc-er and 1 cleaner/typesetter so far. Qc, editing (typesetting/cleaning), or even tlc help would be appreciated, since we have 12 chapters to catch up with.

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 8:56PM

Eusebe
joined May 26, 2015

@Anonymous

Sorry for the late reply, I don't really check here often.

Your diagnosis is right, I didn't bother to update the BlackHorus server because I thought it would not matter if it says it is not compatible with the script, as long as the main feed is compatible.
But I was apparently wrong, as apparently the script doesn't like it when one feed is incompatible and messes with localStorage. It is a bad behavior that I will fix (if a server is offline the script shouldn't care that much, for instance), in the meantime I'm updating the BlackHorus feed.

Indeed, you did not notice this problem earlier, because I properly updated both feeds when I added comico.jp. But I didn't bother when I had to add comico.toast.com.

One cannot have multiples domains in Access-Control-Allow-Origin, but one can uses the wildcard "*" that matches every websites, and one can adapt this header depending on the referer. As I didn't add toast.com as possible referer, the server just returned the default (the first) publisher: Naver ^^

edit: I think the problem is that I changed the blurb of Fluttering Feelings (following the scanlator instruction), but there are currently "forbidden" characters in it (slash "/"). So the script refuses to register the webtoon. I'm editing the blurb back as temporary fix. (extending the allowed characters is easy but will come with other things next update).

@kith

What works and what doesn't when you try the bookmark or the plugin? Do you see the "new" logo "star in a bubble"?

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 11:28AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Doonge:

@Anonymous

Sorry for the late reply, I don't really check here often.

Your diagnosis is right, I didn't bother to update the BlackHorus server because I thought it would not matter if it says it is not compatible with the script, as long as the main feed is compatible.
But I was apparently wrong, as apparently the script doesn't like it when one feed is incompatible and messes with localStorage. It is a bad behavior that I will fix (if a server is offline the script shouldn't care that much, for instance), in the meantime I'm updating the BlackHorus feed.

Indeed, you did not notice this problem earlier, because I properly updated both feeds when I added comico.jp. But I didn't bother when I had to add comico.toast.com.

One cannot have multiples domains in Access-Control-Allow-Origin, but one can uses the wildcard "*" that matches every websites, and one can adapt this header depending on the referer. As I didn't add toast.com as possible referer, the server just returned the default (the first) publisher: Naver ^^

edit: I think the problem is that I changed the blurb of Fluttering Feelings (following the scanlator instruction), but there are currently "forbidden" characters in it (slash "/"). So the script refuses to register the webtoon. I'm editing the blurb back as temporary fix. (extending the allowed characters is easy but will come with other things next update).

Thanks for replying to my post.

Yes, did a quick test just now, and it does work all the time now, not only the first time. So looks like it's fixed!

Will check the rest of your post in greater detail later.

If the need arises, what is the best way to contact you? (Although it should be very rare; this was a special case.)

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 12:11PM

Eusebe
joined May 26, 2015

You can bug me on the github page (I think registration is required there) or the oddsquad forum ( http://oddsquad.userboard.net/ registration not required). I'll be absent until 10 june though ^^ so fingers crossed

joined Jan 31, 2015

Here's one thing that's a bit unfortunate.

The period when this issue was present was from around May 31 (or possibly before that) till today, June 3, when the feeds were fixed. But if a user happened to have used the overtooning method during this period, it'll set something "bad" in their Local Storage, and so, even now that the feeds are fixed, the overtooning method still won't work for this user.

Example of a "bad" value in Local Storage:

For the domain http://comico.toast.com of course.

Key:
overloaderData

Value:
{"feedList":[{"url":"http://bumblebits.net/oddsquad/feed","name":"Oddsquad","lastUpdate":23885657,"teamUrl":"http://www.oddsquad.org"},{"url":"http://blackhorus.bumblebits.net","name":"BlackHorus Scans","lastUpdate":0}],"webtoonList":[]}

The way to fix this... well, the simplest way for a "normal" person is to clear cookies. That'll clear cookies and Local Storage. But of course, that signs you out of all sites you're signed into, which could be a bit annoying.

The "better" but more technical fix is to delete that specific faulty entry in Local Storage in the Developer Tools. But that might be a scary voodoo ritual to ask a "normal" person to do.

Another solution would be to go to any page on Comico (such as the FF chapter page), then in the address bar, type:
javascript: (you cannot paste this at least in Chrome and Firefox, so you have to type it)
Then right after that text, paste this:
localStorage.removeItem('overloaderData');
So it should look like this in the end:
javascript:localStorage.removeItem('overloaderData');
Then press Enter.
This would remove the faulty entry that prevents the overtooning method from working correctly.

BTW, just curious, what exactly is Local Storage used for in this case? I haven't looked at the whole code in great detail, so I'm not sure what exactly it's for, but I think it's to cache the feeds or something? Is it really necessary to be using Local Storage though?

Thanks!

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 10:15PM

joined Apr 6, 2013

Hey y'all, for anyone who frequents the Tv Tropes website Fluttering Feelings now has it's own, rather subpar, Page.

If you can contribute please do.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/FlutteringFeelings

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

TV tropes... No...

*rocks in corner

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

TVTropes is worse than Wikipedia.

I hear some people starved to death once they started to browse it.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Fan art by rainfallsuniverse:

I’ve drawn soft looking No-rae with her easy to trust brown eyes. Love this baby.

http://rainfallsuniverse.tumblr.com/post/120685783904/ive-drawn-soft-looking-no-rae-with-her-easy-to

... In loving memory.

LOLOLO

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 3:23PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Possible heads-up from halmoni (unless something changes):

I won't be doing any translations until Friday or Saturday of next week due to irl matters.

Erm... don't shoot the messenger?

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 4:42PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Possible heads-up from halmoni (unless something changes):

I won't be doing any translations until Friday or Saturday of next week due to irl matters.

Erm... don't shoot the messenger?

yay, time to learn Korean!

joined Jan 31, 2015

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, LOOKS LIKE THOSE ENTITLED "OMG OMG 3 DAYS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE WAHHH WAHHHHH" PEOPLE ARE GON BE DISAPPOINT ROFLFLOLO

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 4:48PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

st/u/pid people...

But honestly I'm not surprised because of things some /u/sers were doing

joined Jan 31, 2015

Alextasha:

st/u/pid people...

But honestly I'm not surprised because of things some /u/sers were doing

I doubt she's doing this to "punish" the slightly unpleasant minority at the expense of all the others. And yes, those g/u/ys are a minority compared to the thousands of other English-reading FF fans on various sites (here, Tumblr, Facebook, so on) who act more like, how should I put this... normal human beings.

She likely does have something to do IRL. (Whoa, "IRL", imagine that.)

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 5:32PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

This 'real life' thing sounds too fantastical to be true; despite assurances from people I know, I have never once seen any evidence for it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.