Forum › Anime season

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I just meant to explain why the show probably still rates pretty high with yuri fans but since I don't have any direct input from others, I had to go by how it is for me.

one love interest unavailable via straight,

Not necessarily, actually, at least I think it was never ruled out that Senjougahara might be bi. Kanbaru and Araragi both had to deal with the same Senjougahara and her same problems. She rejected them both at first and Kanbaru pulled back while Araragi stepped in to help her. Being straight is not the only problem at least.

last edited at May 25, 2015 4:15PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

^being gay is the prob then?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kanbaru has other issues. Her sexual orientation is not one of them in the series.

joined Dec 16, 2013

the story going to end up being gay and that will be a problem with the sales and dropped..

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The show has so many factors that may or may not hold back the sales, having a happy gay character really wouldn't factor in all that much.

joined Dec 16, 2013

yeah the same with that love live game...

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

yeah the same with that love live game...

Are you being serious right now? Let me just remind you that it's the English version that's being changed, not the original Japanese.

You don't seem to have watched nor know anything about the monogatari series. If you're going to argue about it even when more than one person has already told you your original assumption is wrong, then please watch it first. Or the least you can do is do a little research about it.

OrangePekoe

-snip-

I see what you mean. I suppose most of the ones who enjoy the monogatari series will enjoy yuri contents in a show even if the ending is grim (and said yuri character plays around a lot with our mc). It just has to be a good story that came with it. It seems only a minority are like this though. It might also be that the ones who don't like such contents are just more vocal about it.

last edited at May 25, 2015 7:19PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I didn't watch the monogatari series because of supposed yuri content (the lesbianism of Kanbaru is never presented as an issue in itself), but because I was hooked on the characters and how Shaft did the whole thing. The emptiness and abstraction of the city and landscape allows you to contentrate on the characters and on the dialogues and it draws you in. I was reluctant at first to watch Nisemonogatari, because of the heavy service, but if you can stomach it, it's still very good. The harem feeling is just that : a feeling. The monogatari story is about something else entirely.

If you want to watch a harem anime by Shaft, watch Nisekoi.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Personally, watching monogatari was utterly boring and dull, I found myself only looking at the visuals, since trying to follow whatever the fuck was going on made me feel lost since it was not interesting enough for me to even pay attention to begin with.

So I just ended up skimming through for nice-looking scenes on season 1... I still have the other seasons gathering dust in a folder somewhere maybe I'll skim through em if I ever feel like it and have time... lol

last edited at May 26, 2015 1:42AM

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i really enjoyed the monogatari series its a really fun series and thanks for da spoiler lurt hurr durr my brain hurts now fudge i still ship KanbaruxRouka ;_____;

last edited at May 26, 2015 1:50AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I didn't watch the Monogatari Series for the yuri either and as I said, watching it for the yuri doesn't make any sense outside of Hanamonogatari. I watch it for Shaft animations, some of the best dialogue there is and awesome characters.

Hanamonogatari is the absolute last arc, chronologically, right?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I didn't watch the Monogatari Series for the yuri either and as I said, watching it for the yuri doesn't make any sense outside of Hanamonogatari. I watch it for Shaft animations, some of the best dialogue there is and awesome characters.

Hanamonogatari is the absolute last arc, chronologically, right?

As long as there is two or more girls, it always makes sense to watch for the yuri.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I watch it for Shaft animations

I don't give a toss if there is any yuri in it I will watch it anyhow but fuck that noise

last edited at May 26, 2015 11:01AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Speaking of how awesome Shaft animations are, the Monogatari Series is also the cause of the world's best AMV. You may hate the music. You probably will.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I hate to break the monogatari discussion here, you people made me want to check it out a bit though, but... why is it that people were freaking out so much about Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyouku?? Eruna-chan is still blatantly gay on ep 8...

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

People stopped freaking out a while ago, I think.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Speaking of "watching it for the yuri", I got 2. Take these as half-assed recommendations.

1st one because I have not seen for myself.
2nd one becasue it is a fanservice harem anime, which I also have not seen... only the OVA where the yuri goes on.

First:

Yuri in Seikirei season 1 and 2 (?), characters are Uzume and Chiho. Expect feels, I guess. I have no episodes to point out, I have not seen it.

All I know is a few screenshots and what I read in wikipedia, which containts tons of spoilers, stuff that even those who saw it might not know, like:
MASSIVE SPOILERS: It is unknown if Uzume is dead or just deactivated like many other Sekirei, but in episode 10 of Pure Engagement, it is briefly shown on Matsu's computer that she is damage level 4, meaning seriously injured, but not dead which is level 5. <- knowing this might brighten your day if you've seen it but did not notice this.

Second:

I begrudgingly point out yuri in Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride, in an OVA called Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai After, Characters are Kagekatsu and Keiji. I will flatout spoil it cuz it might turn-off or have a bad taste.

Keiji takes Kagekatsu to the harem guy to which all girls want/become a bride of (?), she makes up a competition to determine the best bride and enlists herself, which forces Kagekatsu to do so as well. Keiji drops out of the competition that very moment, leaving a baffled Kagekatsu competing.

~ competition (fanservice) ensues ~ Throughout the episode the harem girls are all over the MC guy almost non-stop.

Keiji reveals to Kagekatsu that she just wants to show her off as the best through this (phony) competition, she also says stuff like wanting to have many kids with her (enough to form a soccer team) (suppose she would want to use MC guy as a baby maker for them)... She also did it for her own amusement watching Kagekatsu.

to note: neither of them seem particuarlly interested in being in the harem. So I guess its safe on that part.

last edited at May 26, 2015 1:39PM

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

People stopped freaking out a while ago, I think.

Did they? I'm so outdated -sighs-

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

no.. NO! DO NOT WATCH Sekirei! is my most hated anime in all history, OMG is so bad, worse harem ... worse MC, and of course cliched.. Does it has yuri? prbly a bait I bet... Every time I remember the guy I feel like puke but not the girls there, the girls there would quickly fall in love if he says "Hello" or anything even though he is a complete loser... Pretty much the same with Hyakka Ryouran but this last one I managed to watch the first season, the guy looks cool but in the inside he is a fool, spineless and boring excuse of plot... He is supossed to be a samurai but he will NEVER fight, instead the girls will fight for him (if he kiss them, they awake their true powers so... She will kiss them all...) THE SAME WITH SEKIREI, I couldn't pass beyond episode 3.

So please be aware, if you ever feel like watching one of those... Try Hyakka only.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

You should watch Seikon no Qwaser, that's probably going to be your most hated anime afterwards. I heard there is a yuri harem in there but I dropped it after the like 7th rape scene in the first 2 minutes. Also, kissing has been replaced by sucking on boobs, apparently.

last edited at May 26, 2015 6:21PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Try Hyakka only.

Correction: Try the OVA only :p

I kinda ran out of "yuri in non-yuri anime" stuff now, and those I had em on my "should not but might as well point out when I got nothing left".

last edited at May 26, 2015 6:41PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I recall Yuri Reviews did a cool write-up of Sekirei, though I don't know if it's spoils or not.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

You should watch Seikon no Qwaser, that's probably going to be your most hated anime afterwards. I heard there is a yuri harem in there but I dropped it after the like 7th rape scene in the first 2 minutes. Also, kissing has been replaced by sucking on boobs, apparently.

I solely watched the scenes involving that evil loli from Russia,it got super weird with her BDSM with that woman...one time she does go down on her...you can kinda see it...the evil loli is like.. 10?..it was..weird...I wouldn't watch it for reals :/

joined Mar 23, 2013

I solely watched the scenes involving that evil loli from Russia,it got super weird with her BDSM with that woman...one time she does go down on her...you can kinda see it...the evil loli is like.. 10?..it was..weird...I wouldn't watch it for reals :/

Well, you're talking about a series in which the MC is a big breasted girl who gets her tats sucked by a russian shota, because it refills his power battery (tis' a legit reason I swear!). If anyone read/watched with any expectations other than "tits and gore" then that person did not bother to google and read the first link/synopsis.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

why is it that people were freaking out so much about Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyouku?? Eruna-chan is still blatantly gay on ep 8...
Did they? I'm so outdated -sighs-

Y-Yeah lol that's silly! that was a while ago! awkward whistle

I recall Yuri Reviews did a cool write-up of Sekirei, though I don't know if it's spoils or not.

That's a pretty good review and summarizes my opinion for the most part.

Seikon no Qwaser

EEEEEWWWWW...that was one the first trap holes I fell into T_T

To reply you must either login or sign up.