Forum › 8,000 Years into the Future discussion

Run
joined May 1, 2015

"It's okay for me and my friends to become immortal, but the rest of humanity deserves to die miserably forever. We're going to let them destroy the world in 1,000 years of war while we just watch."

Incredible. What heroes.

Beatorokken
joined Feb 23, 2014

"It's okay for me and my friends to become immortal, but the rest of humanity deserves to die miserably forever. We're going to let them destroy the world in 1,000 years of war while we just watch."

Incredible. What heroes.

It's an idea that you will see often in media that centers around immortality where they try and pull the stupid argument that "ok a few people being immortal is fine but if EVERYONE was then this would be bad for whatever vaugely defined reason we invented for the sake of this story working"
"Something something stagnation even if this isn't how that works"

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Kinda feels like the ending to Pandora in the Crimson Shell though that one is a lot more hopeful.

^
What could they do? They're just a few people and don't know the future.

Zakuzaku Actor
One
joined Apr 25, 2026

Real immortal who saw the death of the universe type shit, iykyk. It's peam.

joined Jan 14, 2020

The first page was an awesome opening.

1000002126_optimized_50
joined Sep 22, 2025

Well, they seem happy.

Icon_tinymila
joined Jan 30, 2017

I noticed many Kaguya doujin tackling the issue with immortality lately, and I can't say I'm a fan.

I just want to see them flirt and be happy.

joined Jan 20, 2026

I noticed many Kaguya doujin tackling the issue with immortality lately, and I can't say I'm a fan.

I just want to see them flirt and be happy.

Have there been? I've only seen like 3 and they're all by the same author

Watashi,%20apathetic%20(600x600)%20a
joined Jul 30, 2015

I noticed many Kaguya doujin tackling the issue with immortality lately, and I can't say I'm a fan.

I just want to see them flirt and be happy.

You clearly have not considered how much flirting and happiness you can have when you've got 8,000 years to do it in. Reject the anti-immortality propaganda, embrace the eternal yuri~

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This was nice~

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

This little series makes me feel so goddamn seen.

I noticed many Kaguya doujin tackling the issue with immortality lately, and I can't say I'm a fan.

I just want to see them flirt and be happy.

Have there been? I've only seen like 3 and they're all by the same author

I wrote a short fic with a similar premise, so if there's more I want to know too!

joined Sep 18, 2025

Yeah I loved to your eternity

To reply you must either login or sign up.