Forum › Philosophia discussion

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

So was this just pseudo-intellectual garbage in the end? Admittedly I tuned out after a while - so I may well have missed something - but I did not see any meaningful points being made here. I assume she's trying to say something about the relationship between love and reason based on the post-chapter quotes, but beyond that I'm at a loss. Would someone who's actually bothered to pay attention be willing to give an analysis?

(As an aside, this manga also reminded me of how disgusting smoking is. Fun times.)

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Remember when Amano didn't wrote disappointingly overly dramatic endings just for the sake of art/tragedy/angst/whatever? Yeah, me neither

joined Jul 31, 2014

It's really sad ending. I taught both ai and tomo might at least try out.
Well, in reality most yuri love had a sad ending.
Still it a good story from Amano sensei.
Thanks for the kiss part...it so warmth.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Now that was an unbelievable shitty ending.

It was bad enough (if thematically appropiate for the story themes) up Tomo leaving, everything that came later was just stupid.

joined Nov 12, 2013

Ok... at the end, is Tomo or her sister?

weto_oneesama
joined Apr 28, 2015

Whaaaaaaat?????
I cant even......
O_O;;

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

why is it chapter 3.5 then 6?
O_O

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I am not a fan of the ending...I would be okay with the ending if it ended when Tomo left. That after story, to me, was kind of shitty...especially the appearance of a new character who resembles Tomo Why can't it just be Tomo. I really enjoyed the story, but not very much the ending.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I am not a fan of the ending...I would be okay with the ending if it ended when Tomo left. That after story, to me, was kind of shitty...especially the appearance of a new character who resembles Tomo Why can't it just be Tomo. I really enjoyed the story, but not very much the ending.

The reveal of Tomo being a pimp comes from nowhere and clashes so bad with the story themes that comes off like being added just for drama's sake

joined May 12, 2015

Boy do I miss the days when most of Shuninta's works were mostly fluff. If preferring that to this is wrong I don't want to be right. In all seriousness though, while having stories with complex sociological themes such as this and (imo disgusting) The Feelings We all Must Endure is good for the genre, it's just not for me. Seeing as I'm a male that probably leans somewhere close to the "asexual" side I can only infer these stories probably offer more realistic depictions of lgbt relationships and personal sociology. Shuninta, though, has produced a variety of works though so I guess if anything you'd call her an accomplished author. (Somehow I feel these thoughts are in-cohesive)

last edited at May 24, 2015 2:08PM

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Amano. Girl. You let me down.

And many here know how much I love her and believe in her. I think this is her trying too hard. I firmly believe and stick behind my thinking Feelings We Must Endure was a great and realistic introspection. But...well...this was just too much with too little development. Good story, almost atrocious ending.

I get why she wanted tragedy. I understand. But everything after Tomo leaving seems a bit melodramatic and overly romantic. Ai loved Tomo and continued to do so knowing her bad parts, but based on everything we've gotten of Tomo, she clearly should have been shaken by Ai's soliloquy about love.

Maybe Shuninta's gone through a rough patch romance-wise lately? Interesting where this serious and sour outtake on things have come from.

last edited at May 24, 2015 2:09PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

The reveal of Tomo being a pimp comes from nowhere and clashes so bad with the story themes that comes off like being added just for drama's sake

That's her brother.

Also chapter 5 is already on here as 3.5

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Half of the fun of stories like this is to come read the comments of confused and disappointed people trying to find their sickeningly sweet fluffy times ending. To be fair this one did not quite earn the ending it tried to sell, some of the drama was a bit, hmm, sudden and flimsily established to really be convincing. Ah well. There have certainly been more convoluted developments, and Ai seems content enough with where she ended up though the eerily similar looking half-sibling (I forgot the gender!) of Tomo seemed unnecessary. If anything I am kind of fed up with lack of fluff always labeled sad and/or bad around here.

last edited at May 24, 2015 2:12PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Half of the fun of stories like this is to come read the comments of confused and disappointed people trying to find their sickeningly sweet fluffy times ending. To be fair this one did not quite earn the ending it tried to sell, some of the drama was a bit, hmm, sudden and flimsily established to really be convincing. Ah well. There have certainly been more convoluted developments, and Ai seems content enough with where she ended up though the eerily similar looking half-sibling (I forgot the gender!) of Tomo seemed unnecessary. If anything I am kind of fed up with lack of fluff always labeled sad and/or bad around here.

It's her brother (half), but you gotta say, the reveal in the final chapter came out of nowhere. so it was kind of bad.

Me%20now%20-%20copy
joined May 10, 2015

kinda reminded me of Looking for Alaska.. huh.

joined Sep 15, 2013

I am not calling this a bad story because it wasn't fluffy I am calling this a bad story because the 2nd half of the series seemed to be directionless, like I know the story was not going to end with them being together and even if the character with the longer hair seemed to end up where she did, and that it made sense within the story, my issue with this is the fact that while reading it you could feel the fact that the author wanted the ending to be sad and didn't really know how to reach that point so what we got was, as you said a convoluted storyline which just seems like such a waste because the first 2 chapters held the promise of it being something better.

last edited at May 24, 2015 2:25PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

It's her brother (half), but you gotta say, the reveal in the final chapter came out of nowhere. so it was kind of bad.

It's not the brother, the person said that Tomo died before he/she was born

I personally think it's a girl, I can see breast on her x)

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

I don't mind the lack of fluff. I mind the incredibly poor presentation of whatever themes Shuninta was trying to portray as well as the ridiculous plot twists. It's presumably trying to say something, but fails miserably. It's a shitty story, and the lack of fluff has nothing to do with it.

[anon]_zoku_sayonara_zetsubou_sensei_-_06_[ef044889].mkv_snapshot_14.45_[2013.11.19_22.41.04]
joined Oct 24, 2013

Chapter ordering is wrong.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I feel bad for laughing at the revelation of her death, but i couldn't help it

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Yes, I agree with you on that. I get it that she probably included it for the sake of the scene where Ai talks about love at the ariport, but a pimp? It feels forced...Shuninta kind of failed to pull it off this time, the drama.

That's her brother.

Really? From how it's drawn, I was pretty sure that it's a she.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

How I personally took this ending :
I was okay when it was said that Tomo was a pimp... well, it was kinda weird but why not. Then Tomo die, I don't see the much point in killing her but one more time, why not... and then the brother/sister was showed after Shuninta showed that Ai was still devoted to Tomo and kinda happy/ok with it... why ? Before that the ending was still kinda sweet...

last edited at May 24, 2015 2:44PM

joined May 1, 2013

Wait... there's a brother? When did... what? People here are saying that wasn't Tomo, but it clearly was. I'm confused.

Almost as confused as I am about there being a pimp specifically for middle-aged, bisexual housewives.

last edited at May 24, 2015 2:51PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I am not calling this a bad story because it wasn't fluffy I am calling this a bad story because the 2nd half of the series seemed to be directionless, like I know the story was not going to end with them being together and even if the character with the longer hair seemed to end up where she did, and that it made sense within the story, my issue with this is the fact that while reading it you could feel the fact that the author wanted the ending to be sad and didn't really know how to reach that point so what we got was, as you said a convoluted storyline which just seems like such a waste because the first 2 chapters held the promise of it being something better.

That's fair, to be honest I let my general frustration with some of the commenting here bleed into my post so apologies for that as it does not fully pertain to this particular story. I fully acknowledge that it was not the best. Still, I can not completely agree that it was always going for a sad ending or that it ultimately reached one. I suppose that is for everyone to decide on their own. Personally I do not even always mind a lack of particular direction or endgame as long as the content holds my interest in some way, which this work managed in a somewhat hit and miss fashion.

How I personally took this ending :
I was okay when it was said that Tomo was a pimp... well, it was kinda weird but why not. Then Tomo die, I don't see the much point in killing her but one more time, why not... and then the brother/sister was showed after Shuninta showed that Ai was still devoted to Tomo and kinda happy/ok with it... why ? Before that the ending was still kinda sweet...

That is actually pretty much my general reaction to the main points of this chapter as well.

last edited at May 24, 2015 2:53PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Wait... there's a brother? When did... what? People here are saying that wasn't Tomo, but it clearly was. I'm confused.

Almost as confused as I am about there being a pimp specifically for middle-aged, bisexual housewives.

Guess Tomo was a huge fan of the Marquis of Sade.

To reply you must either login or sign up.