Forum › Yuri manga you should be reading that aren't here (V2)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nya-chan

And then, now, he makes Inu Yashiki, which is quite good, if a bit dark.

The art on that looks magnitudes better. Sounds like a vaguely interesting story too actually.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Problem with Yui Toshiki mangas is that he could easily have made most of them hentai instead of borderline, I don't think you can really say any of his manga can be called NTR as no one is ever stolen, if they cheat is just for sex and at the end it's all good again, it's a shame that he fucked up Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa as it's pretty much his only manga maybe worth reading, until you get at the ending that was pretty stupid, guess it could have been worse though...

About Hen, after reading all those spoilers I remember I atually had a look at all chapters, but didn't read because everyone said it was bad, strange how it lasted 8 volumes and have a prequel, Hen: Suzuki & Satou, that is 13 volumes, I think he's not good at long series, just look at Gantz, overral first half of both mangas are good, but more or less after starting the second half the story starts to get worse, Hen because of all those new characters and one of the mcs disapearing, and Gantz because it get stuck in one arc with a battle that is more than 30 chapters and felt like it would never end, and the aliens getting even more bullshit powers, althought Gantz ending was definitely better than Hen, it could have been a lot better, it was pretty Gainaxish and didn't even had a epilogue, I won't be surprised if Inu Yashiki starts to become bad after some time.

joined May 23, 2015

I've been reading a series called Sayrui-san no Imouto wa Tenshi (Sayuri-san's Little Sister is an Angel) by Itou Hachi, but there doesn't seem to be any translations of it.

It's got some pretty complex and serious relationships.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I've been reading a series called Sayrui-san no Imouto wa Tenshi (Sayuri-san's Little Sister is an Angel) by Itou Hachi, but there doesn't seem to be any translations of it.

It's got some pretty complex and serious relationships.

This looks good. I wonder why it's not in the works when we have so many things by that author? It seems that Yuri-ism would be on that one.

joined May 23, 2015

As of volume 2,

The little sister has outright stated she wants to have sex with Sayuri. There's also some hinting at more serious stuff behind why she came (and why Sayuri sees her as an angel.)

Though the main plot arc at the moment is about a boyish side character who girls idolize as a "prince". She has a complex about other girls seeing her undressing after hearing a comment from one girl about how seeing that "broke the illusion of her being a prince because if drove home the realization that she's actually a girl." Meanwhile, there's another girl who mistook her for a boy and fell in love at first sight, but starts despising her after finding out she was a girl. But now she's starting to develop real feelings toward her even knowing she's a girl.

It's pretty good stuff. I don't bother following most magazines so I can't wait for volume 3 next spring.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Didn't the guys at Yuri-ism say they were gonna translate a serialized manga of Itou Hachi? Perhaps it's that one?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Didn't the guys at Yuri-ism say they were gonna translate a serialized manga of Itou Hachi? Perhaps it's that one?

not sure, i think there are various works by the artist not translated. so, who knows.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

one of those "yuri in non-yuri mangas"
http://exhentai.org/g/709587/d696fc989c/
or e-hentai link http://g.e-hentai.org/g/709587/d696fc989c/

WARNING: its typical hentai, tho, guy fucking almost every character (well, more like them wanting to fuck), later just goes for 1 girl. Yuri happens later on the side, also one of em is man-hating-lesbian character.

yuri part here
http://exhentai.org/s/f1cec9b12a/709587-137
or e-hentai link http://g.e-hentai.org/s/f1cec9b12a/709587-137

its not really worth the read, might as well just look at the yuri sex scene... thats the only part I bothered downloading xp

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 7:14PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This love that won't reach

Looks definitely interesting, even though angst isn't everyone's cup of tea... (isn't it, Nevri? ;)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

Looks definitely interesting, even though angst isn't everyone's cup of tea... (isn't it, Nevri? ;)

T__T (meanie ;P)

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I have no idea where the story could possibly go, aside from the current mc angst.
There's like, nothing she can do about her current situation. She either gets rejected and finds someone else, or after whatever plot and character development, the sister in law reciprocates, which would really awkward for everyone tbh, given she'd essentially have to break one sibling's heart for the other. And for now, the brother, although he is forgetful, doesn't seem like a bad guy. If he turned out to be a bastard, it'd make the yuri plot easier but meh, Idk, I'm not counting on it tbh. And if mc just finds someone else, it'd make the whole initial angst and setup sort of useless, no?

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Well, this looks like its going to be a long angsty ride.

Tumblr_o4ze4kdynd1tjyeywo4_500
joined Dec 28, 2015

Man, i read all 90 chapters of hen thinking that there would be yuri. What a total waste of time. The only yuri i got out of it was one of the female mcs having a dream about having sex with the other female mc

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I have no idea where the story could possibly go, aside from the current mc angst.
There's like, nothing she can do about her current situation. She either gets rejected and finds someone else, or after whatever plot and character development, the sister in law reciprocates, which would really awkward for everyone tbh, given she'd essentially have to break one sibling's heart for the other. And for now, the brother, although he is forgetful, doesn't seem like a bad guy. If he turned out to be a bastard, it'd make the yuri plot easier but meh, Idk, I'm not counting on it tbh. And if mc just finds someone else, it'd make the whole initial angst and setup sort of useless, no?

Somehow... I don't really care about the guy, not matter how much of a nice guy he is. In fact, a cheating story would be pretty insteresting, with the MC feeling guilty by lying to her nice brother.

On the other side, if every chapter is the girl crushing on the sister in law and nothing ever happening, it'll boring and probably will be canceled soon for not being yuri, like Yuri Danshi.

Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Thanks for linking this! I liked tMnR's doujins so I was pretty excited when I heard they were contributing to Yuri Hime. Not sure how the story is going to proceed, but I'll keep an eye out for this.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Somehow... I don't really care about the guy, not matter how much of a nice guy he is. In fact, a cheating story would be pretty insteresting, with the MC feeling guilty by lying to her nice brother.

Nah. I mean, I don't care for him either, but I wouldn't want that. I remember another husband's sister and sister in law story, but that, I find, was fine, because the brother was a bastard anyway/she's leaving him. I think it'd be pretty shitty to make moves on your brother's wife tbh.
That's why I'm not sure where this story could even go, mc's pretty much in a stalemate.

canceled soon for not being yuri

Then it wouldn't be cancelled for "not being yuri", it'd be cancelled for being repetitive and not having anything concrete happening. Even if the unrequited love is boring and not developed well, it'd still be yuri.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Then it wouldn't be cancelled for "not being yuri", it'd be cancelled for being repetitive and not having anything concrete happening. Even if the unrequited love is boring and not developed well, it'd still be yuri.

If they start to show het scenes (het couple kissing) and not yuri scene at all, I can see people saying it's not yuri, though.

joined Sep 21, 2014

If they start to show het scenes (het couple kissing) and not yuri scene at all, I can see people saying it's not yuri, though.

The focus is still on her gay unrequited love, how she's basically getting ntr'd by her brother. It's not a happy, comfortable theme, but I don't feel like it'd be right for her love to just be dismissed like that, that it's "not yuri" just because she doesn't "get the girl". It's not like we've never read plots about girls pursuing unavailable female love interests.

Also I just realised that that's basically the plot, a girl being ntr'd by her own brother.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The focus is still on her gay unrequited love, how she's basically getting ntr'd by her brother. It's not a happy, comfortable theme, but I don't feel like it'd be right for her love to just be dismissed like that, that it's "not yuri" just because she doesn't "get the girl". It's not like we've never read plots about girls pursuing unavailable female love interests.

Also I just realised that that's basically the plot, a girl being ntr'd by her own brother.

Well, I'm not saying it's not yuri, but that I can see people saying that. Specially people who bought a magazine about girl's love. Angst is fine, but people expect some payoff of it, even more if they have to be invested in the characters for several chapters.

I could see the end being like that in a one-shot. But hardly in a series.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Well, I'm not saying it's not yuri, but that I can see people saying that. Specially people who bought a magazine about girl's love. Angst is fine, but people expect some payoff of it, even more if they have to be invested in the characters for several chapters.

I could see the end being like that in a one-shot. But hardly in a series.

What's the point of writing if you can't troll your readers?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Wtv posted:

On the other side, if every chapter is the girl crushing on the sister in law and nothing ever happening, it'll boring and probably will be canceled soon for not being yuri, like Yuri Danshi.

I'm not sure the brother is such a nice guy. At some point, the sister in law says that she knows "he"s not that faithful" (see page 17). Could be a mistranslation and just mean that he's not very reliable though.

I feel conflicting vibes coming from the wife. She could just be really nice and an airhead or she has feelings she can't put a name on.

I think, the brother is going to grow irritating. He strikes me as a pretty typical salary man, engrossed in his job, going out at night to get drunk with his coworkers, while leaving the wife doing the chores.

But, I'm putting my bets on Truck-san. With the bro out of the way, the story can progress.

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 9:27AM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

copypastin' from some old thread I bumped...

I wrote a review for Blue Friend/Blue Friend 2nd Season, since 2nd Season is one of my favorite mangos. As you can see in this thread, Blue Friend is not actually hosted here due to the wishes of the scanlator, but mercifully you can still fairly easily find the entire thing in English.

It is my opinion that the 2nd Season (volume 3) of this manga is quite a lot better than the first (volumes 1 and 2). They're completely different stories, and the 2nd Season story is pretty lighthearted and nice while also examining some interesting culture things. The first story is quite dark, however, and fairly depressing, but it's admirable how bold it is.

I go over this more in the review I wrote, which I'll post now:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/blue-friend-2nd-season/

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

surprise I didnt see this link, I think there is some stuff in there was wasnt uploaded here (and some stuff that it was)
http://www.yurisuki.net/irc_mirror.html

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

For those who read moonspeak and like Touhou, there's Reverse Noise's Milky Way: here

For those who don't, translating it is on my TO-DO list, but considering I really can't typeset properly, I don't consider it much of a priority.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Just read Miho to Yuko and while it's not exactly yuri (and there's some het), it reminds me a lot of Maka-maka. The character's chemistry is great.

To reply you must either login or sign up.