Forum › Yuri manga you should be reading that aren't here (V2)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Mai no Heya is like, the worst manga ever.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Has anyone heard of Orange Creme? I'm guessing its similar to citrus except it's a mix of Manga and novel.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mai no Heya is like, the worst manga ever.

I'm sure I can find worse.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I didn't read Mai no Heya but I read Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa from the same author, could be better but is not bad, have a little het but nothing much explicit and fits in the story, ends in yuri but the main character is futa.

About finding worse, a lot of people says that Hen from the creator of Gantz is one of the worst yuris ever.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Boku no Whocares was better than Mai no Heya but still pretty bad. Hen is like, the worst manga ever.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Boku no Whocares was better than Mai no Heya but still pretty bad. Hen is like, the worst manga ever.

That makes two. How can there be two worst?

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I think someone is translaring one of the latest mangas of the author of Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa, I think the story was basically, most people disappeared and the mc is a slut who wants to fuck all man that are left, I didn't read yet but it's what I got from comments, definitely award winning work.

Why Hen is bad? All I know is that the mc is a slut who falls for a girl and they become a couple in the end.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think someone is translaring one of the latest mangas of the author of Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa, I think the story was basically, most people disappeared and the mc is a slut who wants to fuck all man that are left, I didn't read yet but it's what I got from comments, definitely award winning work.

I read the first chapters of that. It's pretty bad.

Author likes to dress his characters in sexy lingerie but that's about it. He seem to like NTR too by the way. He wrote a manga about swingers, and Mai no Heya is quite NTR'ish.

He should stick to do pinup illustrations and not try to write manga with abysmally bad plots.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I read the first chapters of that. It's pretty bad.

Author likes to dress his characters in sexy lingerie but that's about it. He seem to like NTR too by the way. He wrote a manga about swingers, and Mai no Heya is quite NTR'ish.

He should stick to do pinup illustrations and not try to write manga with abysmally bad plots.

so its hentai-quality plot. Are they even hentai?

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

From what I remember searching most of his non hentai manga are pretty hentai-quality plot and borderline h, Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa is one of the few not like that, which is why it's probably his best manga, but it's been a long time I searched so I might be wrong.

Mai no Heya is not hentai, don't remember the one about swing.

last edited at Nov 12, 2015 12:41PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

From what I remember searching most of his non hentai manga are pretty hentai-quality plot and borderlibe h, Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa is probably the only one of the few not like that, which is why it's probably his best manga, but it's been a long time I searched so I might be wrong.

Mai no Heya is not hentai, don't remember the one about swing.

Called Swing-Style. It's basically a manga about NTR.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

You sure it's about NTR? Mangaupdates don't use any NTR tag, it seens to be just swing, not that it matter, won't change it's quality...

here list of his works if anyone wants to see what he did.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You sure it's about NTR? Mangaupdates don't use any NTR tag, it seens to be just swing, not that it matter, won't change it's quality...

Depends on the definition. I'm pretty sure that in the second chapter, the guy didn't like to see his g/f being gang-banged in a swing club.

Swing-style isn't the worst of his manga anyway, if that's your thing.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Why Hen is bad? All I know is that the mc is a slut who falls for a girl and they become a couple in the end.

It's just all around really bad. Pretty much everything about it.
Also, look at those bodies.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

That's... awful. I guess his art got much better since then...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

OriginalGengar

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at here. Is this some kind of alien abduction?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I read a little of Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa. It wasn't bad per se, but intersex mc was pretty air-headed, that it was kinda annoying at times. I honestly don't remember why I stopped reading it, most likely started reading other stuff and just never found time to go back to it again. I remember reading some comments on the ending that they do go yuri but it was terrible overshadowing by something else. Terrible like bad writing or misinterpretation/horrible message about being intersex. Like she concluded she is a boy or something. I really can't remember but it is echoing somewhere in my head.

I clearly recognize the art of Mai no Heya and I think I start to even read it. If it is NTR then I'm vaguely remembering that something really turned me off that manga and that might be what it was.

Hen is a perfect example of "WTF went wrong?". Manga starts really good. MC has kinda boyfriend she have sex with a lot (he is some rock star) but then falls in love with new transfer student and goes head over heels with her. She is confused at first, since she can have sex with guys normal and other girls doesn't attract her and she can't even imagine having sex with them as anything other than gross. Ultimately she accepts that she is a lesbian and she is freaking adorable about it. At one point she even confesses but got turned down if I remember correctly. Also her crush has crush on guy that has crash on mc so basically love triangle. Her confession is really good moment too though little sad (second one, she had two). I don't remember what happened after and i stopped reading shortly after, cos I read all angry comments. Basically sometime after that she disappears to become some idol or something and OTHER HALF OF THE MANGA is about totally new characters, their problems, relations etc. basically you need to go through them (and it is all/most guys) to get few chapters at the end where mc shows at some concert year or more after and admit to only love and still love her crush (and she is on the auditorium) and she responded. And then mc was supposed to take her to her home, but turned out she kidnapped her instead and are flying far away to live happily, expect her crush still loves that guy and is totally not sure about her (especially since she just was taken against her will) so it end with kinda implying they got together? Also she is pregnant, i dont remember if she got before she left and that was the reason she left or she got after she left, but yea, she fucked some guy after that and got pregnant but still wants to be with her crush. So first 40-50 chapters are quite good (art does need getting used to but it isn't that bad) and then you have 50 chapters of filler to get to kinda sorta open good maybe yuri ending. Totally worth the read... (btw, after reading comments i got a look at the ending and few random chapters, so it isn't totally all out of the comments).

last edited at Nov 12, 2015 2:07PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I read a little of Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa. It wasn't bad per se, but intersex mc was pretty air-headed, that it was kinda annoying at times. I honestly don't remember why I stopped reading it, most likely started reading other stuff and just never found time to go back to it again. I remember reading some comments on the ending that they do go yuri but it was terrible overshadowing by something else. Terrible like bad writing or misinterpretation/horrible message about being intersex. Like she concluded she is a boy or something. I really can't remember but it is echoing somewhere in my head.

She's not really a boy. She's an alien. The ending is especially stupid (with superpowers and everything).

I clearly recognize the art of Mai no Heya and I think I start to even read it. If it is NTR then I'm vaguely remembering that something really turned me off that manga and that might be what it was.

It's just that the characters are poorly written. There's no depth to them or their relationships. It could have been good, but the characters just come accross as dumb and shallow. They all have lesbian sex at some point, but they make nothing of it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

OriginalGengar

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at here. Is this some kind of alien abduction?

And then, now, he makes Inu Yashiki, which is quite good, if a bit dark.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

OriginalGengar

didnt that have some anime adaptation / OVAs?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

OriginalGengar

Not that I know.

I hope you don't confuse it with Inu Yasha.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I remember reading some comments on the ending that they do go yuri but it was terrible overshadowing by something else. Terrible like bad writing or misinterpretation/horrible message about being intersex. Like she concluded she is a boy or something. I really can't remember but it is echoing somewhere in my head.

She's not really a boy. She's an alien. The ending is especially stupid (with superpowers and everything).

Yep, that definitely happened. The last scene was her leaving earth and then, in the same chapter like 5 pages later, coming back and saying something like "I just remembered we didn't have sex yet. I'mma be livin here now." It was really stupid.

And then mc was supposed to take her to her home, but turned out she kidnapped her instead and are flying far away to live happily, expect her crush still loves that guy and is totally not sure about her (especially since she just was taken against her will) so it end with kinda implying they got together? Also she is pregnant, i dont remember if she got before she left and that was the reason she left or she got after she left, but yea, she fucked some guy after that and got pregnant but still wants to be with her crush.

I'm pretty sure the both girls were definitely in love with each other and sure about it and I think the crush on that one dude got resolved a while before the ending. My memories are pretty shaky though. I think after the MC went to be an idol, she saw her crush (I think by that time they were actually together, don't know if they broke up) walking along the street with another girl so she went to that male MC and they had mad sex all the time. That's also where she got pregnant.
Again though, shaky memories.

Hen? Yeah it did have two OVAs I think, they didn't even get to the yuri though. There's apparently a live action adaption too, I don't know anything about that though. It probably sucks.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

OriginalGengar

Not that I know.

I hope you don't confuse it with Inu Yasha.

oops, srry, meant to reply to the first comment in the reply above ^
with the image
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/4/46951/2000396-hen04.jpg

Hen? Yeah it did have two OVAs I think, they didn't even get to the yuri though. There's apparently a live action adaption too, I don't know anything about that though. It probably sucks.

I kinda remember seeing it on a hentai site... even tho it had no explicit sex in it. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it xp

last edited at Nov 12, 2015 2:38PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MacySan

I'm pretty sure the both girls were definitely in love with each other and sure about it and I think the crush on that one dude got resolved a while before the ending.

Yea, I'm not remembering it all too, since it was long ago, but it really stuck to me so I was pretty sure about that part, but I just checked the last chapter and MC's crush really went with her on her own and is ok with idea of them being together. Guess I was mixing things up.

I think after the MC went to be an idol, she saw her crush (I think by that time they were actually together, don't know if they broke up) walking along the street with another girl so she went to that male MC and they had mad sex all the time. That's also where she got pregnant.

Sounds about right though.

Well I say it is worth reading until that going for mad sex part. Then after leaving MC doesn't appear until that ending. Seriously that manga wasn't that bad until they went for obvious misunderstanding/separation trope that almost all manga of that age seems to love relay on (and it is still pretty popular from what i saw in newer mangas).

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Looking back at it, you're actually right. I think I had it rated like 6/10 or something until stuff got really stupid. After that my rating slowly went down until the last few chapters just brought it down to 1/10 for me. Like, it really overshadowed everything that was actually fairly well done in the first maybe 30 or 40 chapters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.