Forum › Yuri manga you should be reading that aren't here (V2)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hmmm, yeah Trash is really disturbing. Moreso than Murcielago. the loli getting gutted alive by a psychokiller then "repaired" by using her father's organs (after he basically sold her, so he's trash too) was particularly fun. But somehow, it's not that bad.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm really digging Teizokurei Monophobia. It's a horror manga with possibly some light yuri, but overall just the characters, scenes and stories are really great so far. The latest chapter scanlated was the first one to have a little yuri but, minor spoilers the protagonists' female body is shared by twins, a boy and a girl, the boy died in the womb, which is also what gives them their spirit powers or whatever

Reminds me of Maze Bakunetsu Jikū.

Brother and sister sharing the same body. One of the characters (Solude Schfoltzer) is even a lesbian. And another is an hermaphrodite IIRC.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/paradise-residence-r583

Not really yuri, but the ship between the two MCs is obvious.

joined Mar 23, 2013

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/paradise-residence-r583

Not really yuri, but the ship between the two MCs is obvious.

Considering the author good luck on any type of relationship... Maybe after 20 years, there's a chance... Oh wait- nevermind false alarm.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Not sure what exactly the current status is (there seem to be a few rescan projects etc. flying around), but Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is one I always enjoy when I stumble across it. The fact that it has been completed is also a bonus in my mind.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is an amazing SoL manga, but don't read it for the yuri. Strong subtext yes, but definitely not a real yuri manga. The ending doesn't disappoint though.

joined May 23, 2015

The author of YKK has a new manga series that started last year.

How about yuri manga that aren't even being translated? I could probably name a few of those.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Watashi ga Motete Dousu n da, reverse harem, guys and 1 girl aiming for the MC-girl.

Have not read it, seems like lighthearted stuff... Yuri will probably not happen.

last edited at Nov 11, 2015 12:17PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Watashi ga Motete Dousu n da, reverse harem, guys and 1 girl aiming for the MC-girl.

Have not read it, seems like lighthearted stuff... Yuri will probably not happen.

It's a parody manga for fujoshis.

The girl is the only one that got a kiss though. Must mean "it doesn't count".

I think nothing at all will happen anyway. It's a harem comedy manga. If it goes by the book, she won't choose any of them.

joined Jan 4, 2014

^Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is an amazing SoL manga, but don't read it for the yuri. Strong subtext yes, but definitely not a real yuri manga. The ending doesn't disappoint though.

It being more SoL than yuri is actually one of the factors that endears it to me. I love it when yuri is incidental in an overall great story. Just makes it feel more natural in my mind. Admittedly, that may itself merely be a variant of wishful thinking, but I like it that way.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It being more SoL than yuri is actually one of the factors that endears it to me. I love it when yuri is incidental in an overall great story. Just makes it feel more natural in my mind. Admittedly, that may itself merely be a variant of wishful thinking, but I like it that way.

The only qualifier I can find for YKK is "nostalgic". It gives an impression of a peaceful end of times, like the apocalypse came and went, and what's left of humanity on earth is calmly waiting for it to be over, at last, with no regrets or anger.

And Alpha and Kokone are there to be witnesses of this slow decay, forever or until the day they cease to function.

It's one of the manga I recommend everytime someone is telling me that "manga are for teens" or something. It's the kind of atmospheric manga that makes you smile and feel at peace. It's an experience in itself.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Nya-chan

I think nothing at all will happen anyway. It's a harem comedy manga. If it goes by the book, she won't choose any of them.

I'm kind of unsure what to expect, all other works of the mangaka are yaoi, what I noticed is that aparently most japanese fans either don't care about Kae and are reading for the yaoi, or they hate Kae because she's in the way of the yaoi, a good portion of the story is the guys having really gay moments, started in 2013, 7 volumes already and don't look like it'll end anytime soon, as pretty much all fans don't want Kae to end with one of the guys, I can only see this ending without nothing happening, like most harem mangas, or going yuri route, I read it a little and from what I remember unlike most reverse harems that yuri option never had a chance, I feel that Nishina have a small chance to end with Kae, specially if the mangaka continues the story in a way that make fujoshis happy, of course still very unlikely it'll end in yuri but I can't help but feel in this case we can hope...

And Nya-chan, Kae really say "it doesn't count" becuse they're girls.

last edited at Nov 11, 2015 5:26PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Slight spoiler for the ending? In what way it doesn't disappoint?

last edited at Nov 11, 2015 6:41PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

There's no way to slight spoiler it but here you go:
There's no confirmation about any kind of relationship but they move in together.

joined Mar 25, 2013

There's no confirmation about any kind of relationship but they move in together.

And so we come back to Stretch!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pity that what leads up to it is quite sad in fact, when you take a moment to consider it.

It's one of the great manga stories, though. Regardless of yuri, you really owe it to yourself to read it.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Yeah, at least the whole last third of the story had pretty sad undertones if I remember correctly.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^Yeah, at least the whole last third of the story had pretty sad undertones if I remember correctly.

It's all about partings, and the implications of a much longer than human lifespan.

On the other hand, it's hard to do a story about the end of humanity without a sad moment or two.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Nya-chan

I'm kind of unsure what to expect, all other works of the mangaka are yaoi, what I noticed is that aparently most japanese fans either don't care about Kae and are reading for the yaoi, or they hate Kae because she's in the way of the yaoi, a good portion of the story is the guys having really gay moments, started in 2013, 7 volumes already and don't look like it'll end anytime soon, as pretty much all fans don't want Kae to end with one of the guys, I can only see this ending without nothing happening, like most harem mangas, or going yuri route, I read it a little and from what I remember unlike most reverse harems that yuri option never had a chance, I feel that Nishina have a small chance to end with Kae, specially if the mangaka continues the story in a way that make fujoshis happy, of course still very unlikely it'll end in yuri but I can't help but feel in this case we can hope...

And Nya-chan, Kae really say "it doesn't count" becuse they're girls.

7 Volumes, geez. welp not even gonna try.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I'd say it's worth trying, I think it's better try it now while it's only 7 volumes instead of leave it for later when it might be in volume 15 or more, translation is in chapter 29 already, it's volume 6 or 7, readers are uploading Crunchroll version so you won't have to wait much for next chapters.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I don't see it worth it. I am only in for yuri, don't care about anything else in it... and theres a lot in there that I dont care for. Will welcome news if anything actually happens tho, yuri-wise.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well if you're interested only in the yuri then it's really not worth yet, maybe one day when it's finished if it goes yuri route, but I don't see it ending in less than 3 years, so you might as well forget this manga exists.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh right, there's Mai no Heya I just read. But I don't know if you all should read it.

It's sexy but all in all, it's kinda lame and shallow.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Yumekuri is currently on bato.to and being scanned by renzokusei scans. Don't let the tag fool you. Scroll down and read the comments. If you can make it through the first couple of chapters it does not stay a boy centric/harem manga. Many chapters he barely appears. That doesn't mean there aren't girls falling for him but they aren't in the onsen he lives in.One of the girls is infatuated by another girl in the house. Whether or not anything comes of this, is another story. Although,check out the cover of Ch. 31, portents of things to come?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kasane took an unexpected yuri turn in latest chapter (though it's played for mindfuck I think).

But it's unexpectedly interesting, if full of drama.

And the PR Tweeter is full of pretty yuri sketches

last edited at Nov 12, 2015 7:50AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.