Forum › Posts by Faust

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

not that it matters bc whoa thats a lot of hate to unpack, but theres a picture of that boy as a baby, so it sounds like they adopted him as a baby

joined Sep 21, 2014

That felt... strange. It feels like we're getting a peek inside the cracks of a relationship, without getting to see any sort of resolution by the end, even if the ending sounded hopeful somehow

joined Sep 21, 2014

I thought Akane was trying to convince Jun that Nadeshiko wasn’t a robot last time. Why is she spilling the beans about maintenance and registration?
What did I miss or forget?

last edited at May 26, 2023 5:12PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

It's kinda funny how obvious it is when an artist doesn't have a foot fetish

I'm confused, are you saying the artist who drew this isn't into feet? How would you know?

Because the feet look pretty awful and the proportions are inconsistent, which leads me to think that they don't draw feet very often
Huge heel, huge toes, the whole foot becomes super thick when they try to draw it at a different angle
Also, even if feet were present in this, it feels more symbolic than bc the artist is especially into feet.
It was more of a joke than anything since you can't generalise everything like this, but my assumption was based on: they'd probs have gotten better at drawing feet is they really liked feet
an artist who really likes feet could also be drawing them to be a lot more detailed (like the shading, to the way every single toe bends), and have them appear on screen a lot, like the sample to the far right below (only one with colour, that I found from looking up feet in H works). For another example of excessively detailed feet, look up the Miru Tights anime on google images

joined Sep 21, 2014

It's kinda funny how obvious it is when an artist doesn't have a foot fetish

joined Sep 21, 2014

Looking all the comments in here it seems like you guys don't know about this little extra that the author posted on their twitter a while ago...

https://twitter.com/terokoi/status/1233261860087971841?t=q0qlKXJTcpZHT73MfCWSGQ&s=19

I was looking for a translation but couldn't find it, so I'll leave the link there for anyone interested!

Sounds like they're shocked to see that new girl was ranked 1st in the character polls, and megumi is overjoyed to see her rank has increased to no 3 as well.
I'd infer that their ecchi gambit paid off and new girl is a lot less likely to be demoted now, not to mention that since the fans liked it, they'll probs continue doing this in the future
This one shot had such an interesting and fun concept, would've loved to see more

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 8:54PM

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Those are really impressive scissors, to cut off all that hair at once
So this used to be a one shot right? Are there any differences now that it's the first chapter of the serialisation?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Drawn is one thing, but seeing someone else puke irl would make me throw up for sure lol

joined Sep 21, 2014

She did say once she has seen her older sister act like that or something but even still. Either way its just a manga so Im hardly expecting realism

Probably bc it's been a while but idr this, do you recall which chapter?

joined Sep 21, 2014

How are we not talking about how Oosawa saw flower petals and got one stuck to her forehead? XD That's so cute! Also anyone know what tye Japanese text behind is? Like internal screaming or her heating up sounding like a tea kettle?
I wish I understood how to insert an image instead of just a custom title to tap for the link to the page BUT here lol

! [](PUT THE IMG LINK HERE)
just remove the space after the exclamation point
looks like it says a bunch of popopo but idk what it means tbh

joined Sep 21, 2014

Idk whose grades are those but keep up the good work

joined Sep 21, 2014

How I Met a Kouhai I Hadn’t Seen For a While and When She Brightened My Spirits, I Asked Her to Move In Without Thinking.

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Ch 51
Assuming the third party has malicious intent, this raises 2 questions for me.
1. What do they want to achieve from this?
2. What does Kanoko think she'll gain from this?
I mean, as much dread as I felt when I reached the last pages, I'm really curious to know what Kanano think she's doing. If she wants the sympathetic Sumika-san back to listen to her unrequited love woes, it doesn't make sense to think that "ending" her hate of romance by dating her would achieve that if you ask me.

joined Sep 21, 2014

anyone else getting serious psychological horror vibes coming off chapters 18 and 19? like... you felt that right??

yeah ch18 reminds me of those movies where fmc follows her gut (or accidentally) checks out the phone of her husband and finds out theyre the killer/stalker, and instead of managing to hide and getting away with it like Aya did, the culprit would then show up right behind them like what are you doing?

Faust
Matching discussion 01 Jul 16:51
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hmmm so if im reading this right, she keeps trying to think about other guys bc she’s scared of how much she’s into the blonde girl
Meanwhile also frustrated that the blonde girl is unfazed and unconvinced by her attempts, and very much aware about how much mc is into her
Sounds like she’s not used to being so invested in a single person and trying to shoot herself in the foot/trying to hide it, but blonde girl’s sneaky enough to keep creating opportunities and pulling her in

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm surprised Akane could tell she was feeling down. I'm not used to seeing characters display emotional intelligence lmao
Sweet of her to cheer Nadeshiko up

last edited at Jun 21, 2022 9:38AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Can someone explain this joke to me?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_story_about_doing_xx_to_girls_from_different_species_ch30#3

If you're talking about that last panel, Sheep-chan is probably referring to milk enemas. (it's butt stuff, google at your own risk)

Oh wow okay, I had no idea that was a thing haha, thanks

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Okay but no way would a college prof chase after a student not handing in their work

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Tokiko being childish and petty with Natsuki when they were younger is pretty nice. We never see Tokiko bothered by anything and seems to let others treat her however they want. It's fun to see how she acted with Natsuki back then

Also rip Nee-san :( she seemed like she was under so much pressure and responsibility to keep everything together. Seeing that Tokiko isn't bothered by losing everyone else, she likely concluded that she'd be okay without her, hence the little parting speech. That bummed me out ngl, and I dreaded that her death would be coming bc for once, Tokiko was looking forward to something. It's not expressed that way but relatively speaking, Tokiko cared about/liked Nee-san a great deal more than everyone else (excluding the father, she seems to respect him)

joined Sep 21, 2014

New chapter out on mangadex
They both act decently smooth at the store but they're such messes, I love it

last edited at May 22, 2022 3:11PM

Faust
School Zone discussion 13 May 05:42
joined Sep 21, 2014

Fuji is down bad! I wonder why it was so important that Kishiya thought she was a first year instead of a second year? Like it's only one year difference right it doesn't have any greater meaning in Japan or something?

it's probably not so much important to her as much as she is just surprised because Fuji looks so much like a first year high schooler who has yet to get comfortable in her new uniform that looks slightly too big on her. It's like she just genuinely does not look like someone who isn't new to high school.

I thought it was bc her uniform was perfectly worn and still follows school rules.
In my first year, we'd wear our uniforms well, but as we got older we started undoing buttons and rolling up our skirts for example, getting more and more lax with the regulations

joined Sep 21, 2014

Astraea Hill posted:

There are a lot of heavy rock / metal groups in Japan which also get quite a bit of attention internationally - ones that I like include:

Band Maid
Nemophila
Lovebites
Mary's Blood (though going on hiatus)
Mutant Monster
[...]

dule333 posted:

Given that we're talking about jp metal stuff, here's a dump of lesser known metal bands from jp i found over the years:
, Galneryus, Imperial Circus Dead Decadence, 5150, Denkare, Yousei Teikoku, Powerless/MuryokuP, UtsuP, Nocturnal Bloodlust, Matutinum Miserabilis, UI-70, まぐなむお~ぱす, Onmyo-za, Pearls Before Swine, Pizuya's Cell, Dragon Guardian, Yakui the Maid, Takamachi Walk, IRON ATTACK!, UNDEAD CORPORATION, i-chan, Unlucky Morpheus, Piece Of Rain, Vanitas Vanitatum, Caz, Diabolic Phantasma, Hone Your Sense, S.S.H
I tried to only put metal bands here, but some non-metal ones might have slipped by, also most of those are really hard to find. there are some pretty known ones tho. Some vocaloid stuff, some touhou stuff, some dead bands, sorted in no particular order, but most have at least something interesting to listen to.

Alice Chesire posted:
There's also Unlucky Morpheus, Aldious, and LOVEBITES which are all great bands I never seem to see mentioned in conversations like this. [...]

Idk anything about this topic but just thought I'd point it out, might make you feel glad to see two of the bands you like have received recognition from earlier posts :)

Faust
School Zone discussion 04 May 17:10
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's been a while so I don't really remember but have we seen this idol girl before/yet?

joined Sep 21, 2014

I wonder if the reason Fumi left is because of these two pages. How Yayo doesn't need to think about her future, bc all she needs is Fumi-chan.
I don't really understand much else of Fumi-chan, there's a lot that's intentionally left out. All I know is that she wanted Yayo to try again, that she buried everything that represents herself and disappeared, which eventually got Yayo to work towards her dream again.
I can't help but feel super sad though, it's like Fumi gave up herself and music entirely, and passed it on to Yayo.
My last question would be, was all of this done for the sake of helping Yayo move forward, or did something happen and it was just how Fumi wished to say her goodbyes.

I need a goddamn sequel (•̀^•́)ง

Note: aren't these the same characters? Is this part of that collection?

last edited at Nov 28, 2021 11:55PM