Forum › Yuri manga you should be reading that aren't here (V2)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

There are some things I really ought to be doing that I don't feel like doing, so instead, why don't we have another crack at this topic?
A lot has changed since the first installment (by palakangorange), which can be found here. The last thread was derailed by discussion of copyright and licensing that went far beyond the scope of the topic. If you want to talk about copyrights or licensing, please consider making your own topic before talking about it here.

Rather than start off with just a few suggestions, I've compiled a list of - hopefully - everything from the last thread, and added a few more. Please feel free to add more for us to check out! However keep in mind that web-comics would be better posted here.

Scanlated works that we are not allowed to host:

Blue Friend - Shoujo yuri!

Nobara no Mori no Otometachi - Onee-sama type yuri

Various Yurikai oneshots and doujinshi

Moyashi Otoko to Tane Shoujo F-F-M love triangle with no explicit conclusion, mentioned here because it's framed as yuri.

The Secret Garden - (Please say something about this if you've read it..!)

Currently being scanlated:

Secretary Fleet Girl Nagatsuki-chan (Might end up here) - Know nothing about it.

trash. (Hesitant to add this) - Lesbians assassins! Brutal series, from what I've read.

Hen - Know nothing about it.

Destro 246 (Hopefully it ends up here) - Lesbian assassins. Yuri as a very small subplot

Licensed:

Stray Little Devil - Pretty standard shounen, but with yuri!

Maka-Maka - Bisexual. Tough to quantify, though it objectively has amazing full-color artwork, and very realistic characters.

Kashimashi - Gender-bender yuri.

Voiceful - Very tepid.

Girl Friends

Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink

Sweet Blue Flowers

Happy-Go-Lucky Days Volume 1 - Mostly het/yaoi, but there are a handful of yuri stories, including one about adult roommates that is really, really sweet. Though I'm not quite sure if it's volume 1 or volume 2.

Doujinpress also has a decent selection, though a few things labelled Yuri are more like Friendship. Some is western, some is not, most are derivative.

Ajichi has had several works featured on Gen Manga titled Plastic Blue, Urameshiya, and You Make Me Dizzy.

Western "not really yuri" yuri:

Sunstone - More info here

Before You Go - Have to buy to read. By-the-numbers yuri about two girls who meet on a train, originally ran in Sparkler Monthly.

last edited at Apr 11, 2015 4:20PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Maybe should also list the ones that will be taken down one day, like Citrus and Akuma no Riddle.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks for the list. I have pretty much every yuri manga in could find more or less accurately tagged on my MAL account. Hope it's okay to link that here, if not just say so and I'm gonna edit it out.

Most of the ones I haven't read yet are speculation or based on statements I found around the internet. Maybe I'll change that link into an actual, copy-able list but CTRL F tells me that the word Yuri is used 627 times on that list so maybe not.

And don't read Hen, guys. Just don't.

last edited at Apr 11, 2015 3:34PM

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

And don't read Hen, guys. Just don't.

Yeah, now that you said that I remembered what was Hen, one of the worst yuri ever made, I don't understand why it lasted 8 volumes, it's not worth even one...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Maybe should also list the ones that will be taken down one day, like Citrus and Akuma no Riddle.

So long as the scanlators keep them up on their site(s), we'll keep them up here. Thus, they won't be added (unless I'm mistaken and missed some announcement by the scanlators).

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

So long as the scanlators keep them up on their site(s), we'll keep them up here. Thus, they won't be added (unless I'm mistaken and missed some announcement by the scanlators).

I thought any licensed manga would be taken down, so does that mean that most of the mangas that were taken down are the ones translated by Lililicious?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I thought any licensed manga would be taken down, so does that mean that most of the mangas that were taken down are the ones translated by Lililicious?

The decision to remove a series or oneshot is 100% up to the scanlator and/or publisher. If we are not asked to take it down, and the scanlator does not remove it, it will remain here. Lililicious chooses to respect U.S. licensing copyrights - as do many other groups - so their work is removed when it is licensed.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Blue Friends is a great story. Blue Friends 2nd Season is also interesting but nowhere near as good. Out of curiosity though, why is it that nothing from Yurikai can be hosted here? I haven't really seen anything that explains it and the group looks to be pretty much dead now too.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Scanlated works that we are not allowed to host:

Blue Friend - Shoujo yuri!

Nobara no Mori no Otometachi - Onee-sama type yuri

Frankly, I find the matter with Nobara no Mori no Otometachi a tad annoying. It's obvious Yurikai has pretty much ditched the project, likely due to real life. RL is of course more important, so in that case, they should release the raws to Yuri Project or something, for them to scanlate, instead of hoarding for credit, forgetting that scantalating doesn't mean that one is suddenly now part owner of the manga. The credit strictly belongs to the hard work of the mangaka and/or associated publisher. Understandably, it's sometimes easy to forget that. So it helps to remember.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Blue Friends is a great story. Blue Friends 2nd Season is also interesting but nowhere near as good. Out of curiosity though, why is it that nothing from Yurikai can be hosted here? I haven't really seen anything that explains it and the group looks to be pretty much dead now too.

They were invited to join the reader at its inception, and declined.

Frankly, I find the matter with Nobara no Mori no Otometachi a tad annoying. It's obvious Yurikai has pretty much ditched the project, likely due to real life. RL is of course more important, so in that case, they should release the raws to Yuri Project or something, for them to scanlate, instead of hoarding for credit, forgetting that scantalating doesn't mean that one is suddenly now part owner of the manga. The credit strictly belongs to the hard work of the mangaka and/or associated publisher. Understandably, it's sometimes easy to forget that. So it helps to remember.

Assuming raws are readily available, Yuri Project or any other group is welcome to pick them up - Yurikai is hardly hoarding the series. Like the dozens of other abandoned projects before it - Horobi no Michi comes to mind - there just doesn't appear to be any interest in continuing it. Even if raws aren't available, the costs in acquiring them wouldn't be particularly special anyway.

last edited at Apr 11, 2015 9:27PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

They were invited to join the reader at its inception, and declined.

Ah, I suppose that makes sense then. They might have thought the reader wouldn't go anywhere. Has anyone thought about asking once more if they can get in contact with them? Might be worth a shot if it means there's a chance stuff like Blue Friend can be seen by more people.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Thank you for this post, as I didn't see the original. This shall be useful in my efforts to consume all the yuri ever.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

Thank you for this post, as I didn't see the original. This shall be useful in my efforts to consume all the yuri ever.

Where is your avatar from ChocolateCakeLover?

[Links removed by mod. Please do not refer people to sites that pirate licensed manga. If you must send people to the series, please link to Amazon, Comixology, or wherever they're properly available.]

Edit: sorry, piracy is commom in my country so sometimes I forget that it causes problem in other places, I will try to remember that next time.

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 2:40AM

joined Jul 31, 2013

Girls' Sanctuary by Takamichi. 3 short but sweet chapters.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

kashimashi has one of the worst ending i ever read, that's a matter of taste, but i'm not sure to call it yuri,

they tell me about a yuri sport manga about football, but i'm not sure if it's yuri, or only subtex, however, if it's good, it could be a great addition to C3BU, girl und panzer, and the like,
i can't remember the title, only that there was a ! in it, i have to look for it in the cronology

oh... i remember voiceful, it's sweet, and really good for the spirit... i think i re-read it now

@ alice cheshire: your nick come from the book or from a (strange) manga i read just yesterday?

found it: the name is Mai ball! (not my ball, the famous and fun hentai), baka-update says that there's no traslation, but from the description seems fun

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 6:33AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Randomly stumbled upon a yuri webtoon ( NSFW ) when browsing a chinese scan site, only 1 chapter.

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

Everybody says Hen is absolute trash but can anybody who has sifted through it spoil me the ending so I can stop being curious about it?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Everybody says Hen is absolute trash but can anybody who has sifted through it spoil me the ending so I can stop being curious about it?

MC repeatedly bangs a supposedly gay guy and runs off pregnant with her girlfriend.

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 10:59AM

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

MC repeatedly bangs a supposedly gay guy and runs off pregnant with her girlfriend.

R-right. Guess I'm never reading this.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Good call.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

they tell me about a yuri sport manga about football, but i'm not sure if it's yuri, or only subtex, however, if it's good, it could be a great addition to C3BU, girl und panzer, and the like,
i can't remember the title, only that there was a ! in it, i have to look for it in the cronology

You're probably looking for Bamora! So far, it's not yuri and there is no indication it's going to be.

e: Never checked for your edit. :(

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 11:21AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I was thinking that this stuff should at least be listed on the reader. That way, people can use dynasty to find works that aren't uploaded here for whatever reasons. You do this for licensed series after all.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

@ alice cheshire: your nick come from the book or from a (strange) manga i read just yesterday?

Assuming you actually mean Alice in Wonderland (most people assume that my name being Alice comes from Touhou annoyingly) then the book, yeah.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Where is your avatar from ChocolateCakeLover?

[Links removed by mod. Please do not refer people to sites that pirate licensed manga. If you must send people to the series, please link to Amazon, Comixology, or wherever they're properly available.]

Edit: sorry, piracy is commom in my country so sometimes I forget that it causes problem in other places, I will try to remember that next time.

My Avatar is from the Code Geass spin off, Oz the Reflection. The ones in the picture are Oldrin and Marrybell, and though they are 'implied' to be together in the time of the picture, currently Oldrin has lost a lot of her memory, and doesn't like the Marrybell she sees on the TV, and Marrybell I think slept with her brother. She had him use his Geass so he appeared to be Oldrin though. But earlier it's implied Marrybell pines over the brother. So I'm not sure how yuri it is, and it hasn't been translated yet, so I don't know how applicable is for this list. I ship it though.

If you want to find out more, there's a thread for it on fanfiction, one on animesuki and some stuff scattered about.

edit: shares the space with a lot of Akito stuff, so that's usually in the title.

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 4:35PM

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

My Avatar is from the Code Geass spin off, Oz the Reflection. The ones in the picture are Oldrin and Marrybell, and though they are 'implied' to be together in the time of the picture, currently Oldrin has lost a lot of her memory, and doesn't like the Marrybell she sees on the TV, and Marrybell I think slept with her brother. She had him use his Geass so he appeared to be Oldrin though. But earlier it's implied Marrybell pines over the brother. So I'm not sure how yuri it is, and it hasn't been translated yet, so I don't know how applicable is for this list. I ship it though.

If you want to find out more, there's a thread for it on fanfiction, one on animesuki and some stuff scattered about.

edit: shares the space with a lot of Akito stuff, so that's usually in the title.

I thought it was familiar, do you have a link for it? If I search for it myself I will want to save everything I find...

I already read about it sometime ago, it's already over with 5 volumes, I don't want to search about it again, can you give more spoiler about it? Specially the ending, but I doubt it go beyond subtext.

To reply you must either login or sign up.