Forum › Pulse discussion

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

ATTENTION!

In two weeks we are closing Pulse preorder!!

So if you want to get your own copies of this fabulous manga, do it now!
If you already ordered it before and you still didn't transfer money - do it now!

You have time til July 31st!

Preorder form and all details >>> http://three-musqueerteers.tumblr.com/post/161966148606/its-the-time-we-are-opening-pre-orders-for-pulse

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
joined Jul 22, 2017

Man, how frustrating. This series has been pretty good at avoiding harmful yuri tropes so far and to see it fall into one of the absolute worst ones ("I think i'm a burden to you so i'm breaking up with you even though that hurts both of us and helps nothing instead of just actually communicating about our problems") really really sucks, especially since it had done so well at avoiding it thus far. When Mel and Lynn sat down and actively communicated about Mel's past with Sue instead of keeping it some big dramatic secret I was confident that the story wouldn't resort to this, but here we are. I really hope Ratana can wrap this up pretty quickly and get back to the actual good content instead of dragging it along like every other damn series that does this because she's clearly a good author who can write powerful and compelling wlw content. Until then tho, I'm left very disappointed that things went so poorly.

joined Jan 8, 2017

I honestly can't see Mel having an expression of "ah ok. Is that so? I see now. So that's what it is." After a nice long chat.

She's a fighter, the series proved that. Imagine what will happen if Lynn tell her the problem and Mel figured out it was Sue. It'll be the worst. At the least possible scenario, she'll be fired; at its worst, the scene Mel will create (of course she'll do that, after what Sue have done) will be the last solid reason to revoke her license.

(•_•)

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

Ep.55 - A rational thing to do would be " Talk about it with Mel and then expose Sue in a legal way without any of Mel's outrages with Sue." But as we got to know Lynn she is the kind of person who gets uneasy when others "get in trouble" cos of her. Like she is uneasy with the idea that someone's death could give her new life. So I kind of understand her even though my mind is like WTF is she doing? :) Anyway another twist in the story but I'm sure it will all resolve good :)
Pulse shows a lot of realistic things that happen in yuri or any other relationships. An often example: partner gets a really great job offer abroad or very far away and is super happy for it. But a person pushes the partner away becouse the guilt of "what could be" if they don't take it would be too much to bear. Ofcourse good communication can solve a lot of things. But sadly people still lack in that department.

joined Jul 21, 2017

Seriously though, lynn should have at least confided in Mel just as Mel did with her. Giving up so easily like that was the selfish thing to do. Hopefully mel doesnt go back to sleeping with everyone because of this and if a happy ending does happen (i fucking hope there will be, because my heart take this) lynn better try real hard to win her back. I'll just wait impatiently for the next chapter because i love ratana's awesome yet soul crushing stories haha.

joined Jul 22, 2017

Seriously though, lynn should have at least confided in Mel just as Mel did with her. Giving up so easily like that was the selfish thing to do. Hopefully mel doesnt go back to sleeping with everyone because of this and if a happy ending does happen (i fucking hope there will be, because my heart take this) lynn better try real hard to win her back. I'll just wait impatiently for the next chapter because i love ratana's awesome yet soul crushing stories haha.

Yeah that's the thing, like...the series thus far has thrived on open communication and Lynn being kind doesn't equal Lynn being dumb, that's just silly. It's most likely things will to her sleeping around again just because that feels the most in keeping with the story (and the most cliche) but I'd love to be proven wrong just because again Ratana is a good writer..I just really worry

joined Jun 27, 2017

Man, how frustrating. This series has been pretty good at avoiding harmful yuri tropes so far and to see it fall into one of the absolute worst ones ("I think i'm a burden to you so i'm breaking up with you even though that hurts both of us and helps nothing instead of just actually communicating about our problems")

Yep, it was such a disappointment.

joined Jul 21, 2017

Yeah that's the thing, like...the series thus far has thrived on open communication and Lynn being kind doesn't equal Lynn being dumb, that's just silly. It's most likely things will to her sleeping around again just because that feels the most in keeping with the story (and the most cliche) but I'd love to be proven wrong just because again Ratana is a good writer..I just really worry

I'm still staying positive with this soul crushing story. Luckily my shitty job and poor social skills distracted me thru this week because constantly wondering about how this next chapter is going to be is the last thing i needed on my mind. It would only add to the frustration lol. And i agree, i hope more than anything we all get proven wrong. I'm still pissed at Lynn and Sue is a next level psychopathic bitch. If she didn't have so many screws loose, I'd love for her and olivia to really hook up

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I have every confidence that it will be resolved to a happy ending for Mel and Lynn. After reading Lily Love and all of Pulse up to now, I can say that Ms. Satis is very good at crafting "soap opera melodrama". And that's meant as a compliment!

She needs to look into getting her stuff translated into Spanish, because Mexicans would absolutely love them. As director Guillermo del Toro said "I'm Mexican, so of course I love melodrama." The biggest soap opera viewing nation in the world, right there.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

There is official Lily Love Spanish edition :)

joined Jul 21, 2017

I just wanna give Mel a huge ass hug

joined Jul 29, 2017

Just off an for most, i can say this last post... ep.56, touched home for me, i can relate to mel so much.. its not even funny to compare it. But what a hurtful way to feel pain when it isnt fun toy with someone heart. I feel.for her i hope it come great for her what happened in her past should stay there an should neber intervene in her life now, she should.of fought for love but like i said when your on that side its hard to fight back in a battle that you lost before. I hope that lynn wakes an see what she did she just should of told mel an told her that evil bitch came to see her, she cant and i hope they both wake up an see that there love is meant to be.
-Death2312

joined Jan 16, 2016

I also believe in a happy ending. However there is always a problem with dramas and happy endings: How much worse does it get before it gets happy... :(
At the moment I have so many things in my head that could go wrong before they finally can move towards a happy ending and I hope that most of that will never happen.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 2:14PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

If it were just Sue being the issue, then I bet Lynn would have said something to Mel. However, Sue confirmed the dark thoughts that Lynn was already having as a means to compromise Lynn's relationship with Mel. Being worried about her appearance after the surgery, needing taken care of, her own dislike of herself, not wanting to be a burden were all thoughts Lynn had before Sue began to interfere.

I wonder if Mel will now understand what she put Grace through a little more.

last edited at Aug 4, 2017 9:21AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

With Satis citing personal reasons, the release of Chapter 57 has been postponed until Friday, August 11th. Hope all goes well.

last edited at Aug 4, 2017 9:22AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
joined Feb 2, 2016

Both 58$ 57 just want you scream form anger at sue and Mel
Mel fall from the trap sue left to save Lynn life
Olive watch how Mel is doing everything in her power to save Lynn life now you wait see is olive going to do now

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Hey, doesn't it just ruin your day when bad people get exactly what they are after and the good people just stand there and watch? Fuck this shit.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Sue is the perfect villain with her one handed black glove. All she needs is a white pussy in her lap, not that she doesn't already have 2 lol.

I understand why Lynn took the decision to break up with Mel. If we look at Lynn as a character she is very naive and innocent. She doesn't have any experience in relationships. Plus she is young; I think she's in her 18-21 year old age bracket. So the logical decision for her is break up with Mel due to her insecurities. It’s a nice juxtaposition between how Mel handled her issues, by communicating with Lynn about Sue and what was going on with her. While Lynn doesn't communicate with Mel about her issues and decides to make a rash decision. It shows her inexperience even her brother tells Lynn that she is young and inexperienced in earlier chapters.

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

Ep. 56,57,58 - Mel is hurting bad. It took soo long to open her heart again :( Lynn is hurting too. Mr. Buns with her for comfort :) And Sue is way to confident with herself. She is so high on power making small mistakes (papers around to see) that will "break" her in the end . But Mel giving in to Sue - why oh why :( There must be something else behind all this. Well we all have ideas how all this could be done differently but this is a drama story so of course we must hurt a bit :) Waiting now for Olivia or Crystal or anyone else to change this around :)

In ep.55 the papers Sue got. From who? I think those "terms and conditions" might be from Lynn but not the same papers as those for Mel. But more a try from Lynn like " If I leave Mel, she will keep her career" kind of terms. As if Sue would agree to the terms since she can do whatever she wants.
And don't forget about the pics from during the first hiatus. When Lynn says "the game is over" but has a bright face expression and it seems pieces of paper are in the air. And the "you will lose everything" with Sue in the pic but not sure if she says that. hmm hmm :)

last edited at Aug 20, 2017 8:28AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^Could you link the pictures, please?
I had a feeling Lynn might be playing some kind of game with Sue earlier. Too bad Mel became a victim of it.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

^Could you link the pictures, please?

http://three-musqueerteers.tumblr.com/post/153727652651/pulse-by-ratana-satis-season-2-teaser-be-ready

When Lynn says "the game is over" but has a bright face expression

For me she looks tired and exhausted cuz of her condition

last edited at Aug 20, 2017 6:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.