Forum › Love DNA XX discussion

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

There is a lot of new chapters... Why didn't you put them here ?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

There is a lot of new chapters... Why didn't you put them here ?

the translations are horrible, unless someone retranslates the other chapters, I dont see why it should.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Agreed. They were pretty spotty.

Images%20(1)
joined Aug 5, 2014

If only these people had some sense to upload here and not mangafox, should someone knock some sense into them?

Gomenasai minna-san. I am so sorry that I am such a dumb-ass. I am the translator of Love DNA previously operating on mangafox thread as mentioned above.
I ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶k̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶e̶

I was too lazy to explore around dynasty until recently. And when I did so, I realised it was such an awesome yuri haven XD

If my scans are not up to par with the standards of Dynasty Scans, I truly apologise for it. My team has only translated chapters 10,12,13,14,15 and 16. If any other scanlating groups wishes to use any part of my scans to redo stuff like retranslating or even clean up the 'spots', I welcome it fully~ I just want this manga to enjoyed by others.

NOTE: Chapters 16 and 17(the ones with the shitty translation even according to my standards) which are currently on mangafox ARE NOT DONE BY ME.

I have already sent a request to upload the chapters here, along with links to the original files without mangafox's print. So I think it will be up here soon if my scans/translations are not too bad. I also apologise for my amateur translations and scans(they are my first XD) but I think they shouldn't be too much of an eye-burner lol. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am also trying to find the originals to chapter 11 translated by 'amberfirestar' and might do a proper translation of Chapter 17 if I have the time to.

Cheers,
Draco

P.S. I am also new to dynasty scans so please guide me around ^^ Yoroshiku

last edited at Aug 5, 2014 11:19AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

well, that is good to know.

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

This is actually yaoi with boobs instead of penises. lol

joined Jan 30, 2013

Soon there will be yuri in all boys schools.

joined Jun 7, 2012

Why are the later chapters out of order?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Why are the later chapters out of order?

Fixed!

last edited at Nov 20, 2014 4:16PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Every time i read this Manga i'm confused by it. It's clear that the Mangaka wants to write Yaoi, or only knows how to write Yaoi, so i'm always left wondering, by this Yuri Manga that's written as if it's Yaoi; why isn't this just Yaoi? Why is this presented to us as Yuri when it is really really not.

I also don't buy this world's setting, why the heck would you so religiously stick to gender division when it no longer exists? Why limit the possibilities for social growth by arbitrarily deciding that someone will take on one role or another without waiting to find out what sort of person they shall become upon reaching adulthood (seriously this would be a stupid idea in THIS day and age for crying out loud, let alone in one where physical and mental differences between genders no longer exist!).

It's clear that the Mangaka wanted to write a Yaoi about forbidden love but what confuses me is that they've created a world where everyone is female and therefore, logically, these two themes should not be valid. It's so bizarre.

last edited at Nov 20, 2014 4:59PM

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

@person directly above this message

I kinda understand and somewhat agree with it, but at the same time I think she created the gender barriers for the story so forbidden romance can crop up again in a different world setting. It's a round about way of doing it, because the writer could easily have forbidden romance without eliminating men. I thought this was a Yaoi at first because of all the boyish girls, and said the tags were lying to me >.>

I imagine the gender thing is because of 'penis envy' (thank you Freud, you asshole...) for women and even if men weren't around, gender roles will still exist. Society isn't that advanced in the collective mindset to begin with considering we can't even get past gender barriers this day and age (yes women/transgender/anyone not a white male are still being discriminated against, just in different ways).

I do agree 100% if the creators of this manga wanted this to be a Yaoi, they should have just made it one instead of giving us the illusion of it by having the characters be all female (sex). I say this is still a Yuri because the characters are female, even if they appear different.

Also, I may be reading too much into this, but I really hope the creators were just going for the whole 'yuri comes in different forms, even if the characters look like boys' approach. You always see tomboy with girly girl, girly girl x2, but never really tomboyxtomboy cause people automatically assume YAOI!

Yuri is yuri, even if the girls look like boys.

Quick edit: This is still a good manga, and I will reread it cause it's still interesting...>w>

last edited at Nov 20, 2014 5:14PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

^I wasn't even considering the look of the characters in this story when making my point, i think even the boyish girls still look feminine enough for it to be obvious they're women and i've read enough yuri to be fine with tomboys in a yuri relationship. My problem is that the way the story, the characters and the unfolding events are written is as if this is a yaoi, the girls talk and act like yaoi boys, the themes are written in a yaoi perspective/style.

The key thing to remember about both yuri and yaoi is that it's not just the fact that they're girls or boys that make them whatever gender, they also have their own styles, characters and themes that are specific to each gender. When i'm reading this the only yuri that exists is the visual surface stuff beyond that the depth is all yaoi.

Still like you said it is interesting but i still stick by my original statement that it is also confusing and bizarre.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm glad to see this updated again. I really enjoyed this manga.

last edited at Nov 20, 2014 6:03PM

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Still like you said it is interesting but i still stick by my original statement that it is also confusing and bizarre.

No doubt about that...I don't know whether to suggest my sister, who is a Yaoi fan, read it and see her reaction.

I can see it now: "Why do those guys have boobs?"

Hilarious XD

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I also don't buy this world's setting, why the heck would you so religiously stick to gender division when it no longer exists? Why limit the possibilities for social growth by arbitrarily deciding that someone will take on one role or another without waiting to find out what sort of person they shall become upon reaching adulthood (seriously this would be a stupid idea in THIS day and age for crying out loud, let alone in one where physical and mental differences between genders no longer exist!).

thats kinda the point the manga is trying to make though. older generations created the Eden system based on their values even though the newer generations wont care about traditional gender divisions. its why everyone is so sad and confused when aoi and sakura are forced to fight each other. this is also why matsuri ratted the two of them out; she knew everyone would have this reaction. she did it with the knowledge that the incident will give sumire the leverage needed to abolish the Eden system for good.

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

Chapter 9 page 19 got me singing "WHAT IS LOVE? BABY DON'T HURT ME, DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE..."

It's gonna take me forever to get that song out of my head now.

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

^_^ Happy
I find the drawing funny xD the glasses girl's face matches Aoi size and length
And Sakura matches Erika's face LoL in one of the pages look so much like sisters

I want to see glasses girl love story it will be terribly funny since .Erika personality .

last edited at Nov 21, 2014 6:02AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

You say that as if our world is free from the same divisions? Well it certainly isnt, id say the world in the manga is a reflection of this world just distorted a bit here and there.... anything and everything you do in life wether your gay straight or trans, people always want to assign some sort of label...its because these old systems of roles a person must take on are in place, wether embedded in our culture, and yes even our pop culture, or if the tradition off teaching is still being practiced...id say right now a change is happening, but there will still be opposition protests and possibly centuries before people realize that the necessity of this system is no longer necessary

last edited at Nov 21, 2014 1:39PM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Just re-read this ^_^
All I can say is
GLOMPS
Lol, love is the answer, love wins
Yay love!! <3 ^_^

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

You say that as if our world is free from the same divisions? Well it certainly isnt, id say the world in the manga is a reflection of this world just distorted a bit here and there.... anything and everything you do in life wether your gay straight or trans, people always want to assign some sort of label...its because these old systems of roles a person must take on are in place, wether embedded in our culture, and yes even our pop culture, or if the tradition off teaching is still being practiced...id say right now a change is happening, but there will still be opposition protests and possibly centuries before people realize that the necessity of this system is no longer necessary

Err no, that's not how i said it at all, i would've thought the words "let alone" would have made it clear that i am more than aware of the existence of such divisions within our world.

I get what the Mangaka's trying to say with this Manga, it's not hard to figure it out, but i just don't buy it's setting and that's where i have the problem. I don't buy that should one of the genders be completely eliminated from our world then the other will willingly take it upon itself to decide itself in half and impose all the discrimination and prejudices that had been based upon the physical and mental differences between two diverse genders upon themselves. You can say it's the way of the world now but we ain't talking about the way the world is now, the cultural significance you're talking about is based on a world in which both genders exist and would have to go thru a fundamental change should one or the other cease to be (to the point where it would make more sense to discard many of them rather than try to force illogical change). Just as much as human nature has it's irrational emotional side it also has a logical practical and this makes absolutely no logical nor practical sense.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I get what the Mangaka's trying to say with this Manga, it's not hard to figure it out, but i just don't buy it's setting and that's where i have the problem.

the characters in the manga dont buy it either.

joined Nov 21, 2014

When I was reading this as each new chapter came out, I didn't really understand what was happening. Frankly, I thought it was stupid that a civilization would choose to keep all the problems associated with gender binarism when there is literally only one sex...

That said, when I actually read it all together, I was a little less stupid. When you stop seeing it as the authors' interpretation as a 'realistic' future, and more a commentary on how stupid today's society is, it makes a lot more sense. This includes the power dynamics between men and women (it is explicitly stated that Adams have more power, and Sakura is 'demoted' to an Eve in the last chapter). Other than the power structure, this manga also deals a lot with gender roles. When I first read chapter 11, I didn't understand why Erika was forced to become an Eve when she displays stereotypically 'masculine' traits as a child. After all, she is genetically female... why can't she just choose when she's older? Well, that is essentially the difference between sex and gender. Gender is of the mind, sex is of the body. It's so easy to think, "well, why didn't Erika's parents just let her be an Adam?", without extrapolating that to the real world in the form of, "well, why don't we just let that boy be a girl?" (or vice versa).

Also, not that it's as important as the discussion of gender, but depending on how you view sexuality, there is no yuri in this manga at all (unless I missed something). Aoi and Sakura both identify as 'male', Erika is 'male' and Momiji is 'female', and Sumire and Masturi are 'male'. Before you start yelling at me through your monitor, consider this: in the real world, if a transgendered woman (pre-op, biologically male) only falls in love with other men, is she straight or gay? Or, in the manga Kyou Kara Yonshimai, is Kashiwa hetereosexual or homosexual?

Tl;dr, this manga is a criticism of our current society. If you ever thought anything along the lines of, "times in this manga have changed, why don't they just stop enforcing genders?" think about why people now are so against breaking down gender roles in a changing world, where women have entered the workforce, and reproduction is less of an issue with a population of 7 billion mouths to feed.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

While I can see how this manga could be supposed to be an commentary on today's stupid society and gender, the problem is that the world the story creates for this commentary isn't fit for this. I would even say that if it is a commentary, it comments on older society like 100 or 200 years ago, because it undoes so much of what society already has achieved today just to have a reason why there is a problem with Eve - Eve and Adam - Adam couples. And most of it is just hard to believe and it insults woman because they came up with this in the story.

The manga doesn't just enforce gender, it super enforces them as it reduces half of the populations freedom and value just because and everyone went along with it. That must have been one funny assigning ceremony when the system was installed.
If they wanted to exaggerate to make their point clear they should have done a better job with the backstory.

The world/setting is just poorly crafted and distracts to much from the main topic at hand, if there is supposed to be any. Maybe they just wanted a (baroque) setting and a reason for why two woman can have children and didn't bother with the rest.

joined Nov 21, 2014

The way I see it, authors need to tell these kind of stories using exaggerated and unrealistic backstories to communicate to a wider audience. If they attempted to deliver the message in the same society we're in now, they would have to rely on metaphors, which run the risk of being to subtle if you think you're reading a manga for the yuri. Sure, people who are trained to look for deeper meaning in what they read would get it, but it would go over most heads.

That's why a lot of videos trying to show the downsides of being a certain gender or having a sexual orientation tend to have role reversals. One example is the video "Imagine A World Where Being "Gay" The Norm & Being "Straight" Would Be The Minority" (I don't know if we're allowed to post links) on Youtube. Would it have been possible that homosexuality might have become the norm on Earth given a different social development? Probably not. But the message that the video delivers is salient. Like the manga, it points out all the stupid little quirks that are normal in society that most people don't think about, and would therefore not see anything wrong if this manga were set in our current society. Buzzfeed has also done a lot of male/female role reversals, and again, if you ever thought, "well, this particular trait is stupid in this context" when you've watched it, the authors were probably trying to say it's stupid in the real world context too. The videos set up hypothetical scenarios that would never happen, but certainly do not fail at starting conversation.

To clarify, I'm not saying that I believe the world's (female) leaders would set up the system depicted in the manga, but it would not be impossible. I mean, maintaining the status quo isn't that hard, and if for some reason all the leaders were highly prejudiced and uneducated about gender issues, it could happen. People come up with stupid laws all the time, and a lot of people follow silly trends (gluten-free diets, I'm looking at you) for no reason.

All-in-all, I think the backstory was fine, because it got me angry as it was supposed to, and I'm already used to watching role reversal videos.

Screenshot_568
joined Oct 18, 2014

Judging by the circumstances, I guess this could be seen as both yuri and yaoi. But that's only because of the adam = male stuff, 2 girls are obviously always gonna be yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.