Forum › Out of the Blue! discussion

joined Jun 7, 2014

AW YISSSS MOTHAFUCKIN SOBA NOODLES
but also:
"And anyways, what are you even fighting for? In this day and age..."
"WOMAN'S PRIDE!"
WOMAN'S PRIDE FTW

joined Jul 8, 2013

Cliche and old plot, but still a nice read. I found the art standard quality and the yuri was a bit downplayed. However, cliche as the characters were, I found them both to be very interesting (That accent is probably my most favorite accent, not sure why. Maybe because of how many times I read and re-read Wife and Wife) if not the best part of the story.

All in all, the story was alright, maybe a little bit above average. The credits page, on the other hand... Well, let's just say it's Five stars worthy.

On the contrary, I don't think the story or characters were cliche at all. Sure it may have seemed that way at first, but on closer inspection there are fine details that make this story quite original. For example, the megane girl was well aware that she was popular and knew all the reasons why, the delinquent girl (rather than being stoic and unwilling to befriiend anyone) was the one who approached megane girl and was the one who originally wanted to be her friend, and the delinquent girl was willing to give up fighting after being asked the first time (usually there's a bit of resistance). So I really wouldn't call this one shot cliche at all.

joined Sep 19, 2014

That was cute ^^ I hope the sequels will be translated soon I'm gonna keep an eye on this =)

joined Jan 17, 2014

this was so good, this should be school life comedy standard :D

Goatyuri
joined Nov 7, 2013

I need to read the sequels. A necessity.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Cliche and old plot, but still a nice read. I found the art standard quality and the yuri was a bit downplayed. However, cliche as the characters were, I found them both to be very interesting (...)

On the contrary, I don't think the story or characters were cliche at all. Sure it may have seemed that way at first, but on closer inspection there are fine details that make this story quite original. For example, the megane girl was well aware that she was popular and knew all the reasons why, the delinquent girl (rather than being stoic and unwilling to befriiend anyone) was the one who approached megane girl and was the one who originally wanted to be her friend, and the delinquent girl was willing to give up fighting after being asked the first time (usually there's a bit of resistance). So I really wouldn't call this one shot cliche at all.

Ah, somebody beat me to it. ^^
I thought that the main character was pretty refreshingly frank - glasses-wearing bookworms tend to be presented as being shy and studious and not much else, but this one knows she's popular, is quite confident of herself and more a loner than a person too shy to make friends. I quite like her face on page 29 and, of course, the nonchalant coming out as well!

Can't wait to see the sequels! And great job as usual, Yuri Project!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Very nice I'll be waiting for the sequels oh Hirari you will be missed.

joined Aug 22, 2013

I wonder why you would put a “Tomboy” tag on this one, while you didn’t put it on the oneshot named “August Monster”. I personally would have missed this one, which I really liked it and in which I couldn’t find the “Tomboy” at all, while I started reading “August Monster” and had to leave it for the opposite reason.
No offense, but... Do we have a different concept of what’s a Tomboy? ¿?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I wonder why you would put a “Tomboy” tag on this one, while you didn’t put it on the oneshot named “August Monster”. I personally would have missed this one, which I really liked it and in which I couldn’t find the “Tomboy” at all, while I started reading “August Monster” and had to leave it for the opposite reason.

I think I can explain that "Tomboy" is basically a not "feminine" girl which may or may not look boyish it's more about personality rather than if the girl is cute or looks like a boy, being a punk who gets into fights is more of a boy thing example: http://yuyuhakusho.wikia.com/wiki/Yusuke_Urameshi. I hope that helped.

joined Aug 22, 2013

I think I can explain that "Tomboy" is basically a not "feminine" girl which may or may not look boyish it's more about personality rather than if the girl is cute or looks like a boy, being a punk who gets into fights is more of a boy thing example: http://yuyuhakusho.wikia.com/wiki/Yusuke_Urameshi. I hope that helped.

Really? Is Natsuki from Mai-Hime a Tomboy? :O
Then, I guess we use the word in a different way. In every country I’ve lived in Europe and Asia, “Tomboy” refers to a girl with a boyish look. Nothing to do with personality, as far as I know. That’s why I found the tag very wrong in both cases. Anyway, thanks for your explanation :)

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hm, English is not my native language, but I've also always considered "tomboy" to be about behavior, not looks.
Looks would be ... "boyish", I guess?

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

"A tomboy is a girl who exhibits characteristics or behaviors considered typical of a boy, including wearing masculine clothing and engaging in games and activities that are physical in nature and are considered in many cultures to be the domain of boys."

Wikipedia says it's about clothes, behavior and doing boyish stuff but they don't talk about the physical appearance.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

Delinquent girl was so cute when she blushed.
Nice ending .

joined Apr 23, 2014

Cliche and old plot, but still a nice read. I found the art standard quality and the yuri was a bit downplayed. However, cliche as the characters were, I found them both to be very interesting (...)

Ah, somebody beat me to it. ^^
I thought that the main character was pretty refreshingly frank - glasses-wearing bookworms tend to be presented as being shy and studious and not much else, but this one knows she's popular, is quite confident of herself and more a loner than a person too shy to make friends. I quite like her face on page 29 and, of course, the nonchalant coming out as well!

Can't wait to see the sequels! And great job as usual, Yuri Project!

My bad. I wrote what I did after reading the first row of comments, some of which said the story was more or less "cliche" and the word just kinda stuck itself to my mind.

Still, I liked the characters more then anything else this manga had to present, Credit page aside, both characters where fresh and different (ignoring my first comment) and the way their emotions where presented made the read all the more enjoyable. However, that's as far as I liked it. It was nice and refreshing to read, but all in all that fact that it's a one shot prevents me from praising the manga or rating it higher then I have: 7.9 out of 10.

last edited at Sep 22, 2014 7:59AM

Rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1girls_from_fate_stay_night
joined Aug 30, 2013

Is there a sequel?

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

Is there a sequel?

There's 2 more chapters, yet to be translated.

joined Jul 5, 2014

I'm looking forward to the next chapters.

last edited at Sep 22, 2014 12:42PM

Rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1girls_from_fate_stay_night
joined Aug 30, 2013

Is there a sequel?

There's 2 more chapters, yet to be translated.

Yeah ^^! Thanks

joined May 2, 2014

More more more cuteness plz I can't live with out another chapter this is amazing !!!

%e3%82%b9%e3%82%af%e3%83%aa%e3%83%bc%e3%83%b3%e3%82%b7%e3%83%a7%e3%83%83%e3%83%88-0026-02-02-%e5%8d%88%e5%89%8d9.10.45
joined Feb 12, 2013

she's remind me of murasame sumika...

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Ahhh finally something that made me smile... :3

Moar of this please!!!

Wolfsister%20cara
joined Feb 10, 2013

she's remind me of murasame sumika...

Agree!

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

It's kinda like a yuri version of Yandere Kanojou!! Please, please, please don't be a one shot! This was just awesome... the ending made me squee a little.

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

This quickly became one of my favorite one-shots. Both characters are fantastic. What a great job on the facial expressions. I hope the rest gets translated soon!

joined Sep 19, 2014

I think what makes this refreshing is the characters display an atypical level of social and self awareness, especially for manga characters. They also communicate really well, the plot doesn't rely on one or more characters being especially dense. Though you could count Shinjou listening to an authority figure at the wrong time as denseness I guess.

To reply you must either login or sign up.