Forum › Posts by Chigau

Chigau
joined Aug 22, 2013

I wonder why you would put a “Tomboy” tag on this one, while you didn’t put it on the oneshot named “August Monster”. I personally would have missed this one, which I really liked it and in which I couldn’t find the “Tomboy” at all, while I started reading “August Monster” and had to leave it for the opposite reason.
No offense, but... Do we have a different concept of what’s a Tomboy? ¿?

I think I can explain that "Tomboy" is basically a not "feminine" girl which may or may not look boyish it's more about personality rather than if the girl is cute or looks like a boy, being a punk who gets into fights is more of a boy thing example: http://yuyuhakusho.wikia.com/wiki/Yusuke_Urameshi. I hope that helped.

Really? Is Natsuki from Mai-Hime a Tomboy? :O
Then, I guess we use the word in a different way. In every country I’ve lived in Europe and Asia, “Tomboy” refers to a girl with a boyish look. Nothing to do with personality, as far as I know. That’s why I found the tag very wrong in both cases. Anyway, thanks for your explanation :)

Chigau
joined Aug 22, 2013

I wonder why you would put a “Tomboy” tag on this one, while you didn’t put it on the oneshot named “August Monster”. I personally would have missed this one, which I really liked it and in which I couldn’t find the “Tomboy” at all, while I started reading “August Monster” and had to leave it for the opposite reason.
No offense, but... Do we have a different concept of what’s a Tomboy? ¿?

Chigau
Citrus discussion 21 Sep 01:26
joined Aug 22, 2013

A rough translation of chapter 12 is already available here:
http://www.yuri-en.net/citrus-chapter-12-love-is-roughsubs/

I guess many people will appreciate this rough translation, while waiting for the wonderful final version of YP. Good enough to avoid the spoilers everywhere.
If some admin considers that I shouldn't share the link here, just delete my post, please.

Chigau
Happy End discussion 09 Sep 00:51
joined Aug 22, 2013
  • First thought: Holy crap... o.O Hahaha
  • Second thought: Well, that nonsense ending happens in real life, as well ┐(´ー`)┌ I appreciate when a mangaka makes a story where they show just what they want, without giving a damn about if it is a saleable/likeable story, or not.

Conclusion: I didn't hate it at all... Maybe 'cause I didn't follow the story for a year and read it all at once. I admit that, if Saburouta made something similar, I'd be terribly disappointed.

last edited at Sep 9, 2014 12:52AM

Chigau
Mama Mama discussion 21 Aug 21:56
joined Aug 22, 2013

Have a look at the World Values Survey. Just throw the name into Google, they’re easy to find. Go to Data & Documentation -> Online Analysis.

Thank you so much. I've enjoyed the reading for over an hour. +10 for the rest of your comment

Chigau
Mama Mama discussion 21 Aug 02:13
joined Aug 22, 2013

the author was touching on something that actually is happening in Japan, thei are many ppl who are gay but are marrying someone of the opposite sex in fear of family shame, taboo, arrange marriages, and other reasons. it make me sad see because these ppl are chosing live this very uhappy life and its also not fair to they are married too

You hit the nail on the head

Chigau
Mama Mama discussion 21 Aug 02:06
joined Aug 22, 2013

I've been entering this site every day for the last ¿4 or 5 years?. Even though I'm not participatory at all, I always read your comments, so let's say I can "guess" what your opinion would be, by and large. This time I wasn't surprised by this great one-shot, but by your comments... "Welcome to a ¿very? normal situation in Japan!" (only in Japan? Definitely not), I should say.
Just out of curiosity... Are you that shocked 'cause you're younger than me and you usually don't see such situations? (btw, I'm 31). Maybe, it depends on the country, culture, or a mix of the above.
Seems interesting

joined Aug 22, 2013

Yeyyy!! Feeling better now that I have read the extra <3 I'm not of those who need to see something very explicit (actually, I do love series like Noir or El Cazador de la Bruja) but, in this one, I had a bad feeling when I read the last chapter (call it disappointment). In the end, with this extra, it was totally worth it!! Thanks everyone so so much ^^

Chigau
joined Aug 22, 2013

Does anyone know where (extra 7) is from?

Guess it's just a fanart, instead of a doujin... but it would be great to know who drew it _

joined Aug 22, 2013

Nice art, nice story and nice to see Homura having a small taste of happiness

Chigau
joined Aug 22, 2013

Never get tired of these two... but, even so, I keep asking myself why they are the yuri couple with more fanart, by far

Chigau
Citrus discussion 24 Aug 22:30
joined Aug 22, 2013

Hey people, I got a question for you...

I mean, even though this story is pretty awesome and stuff, is it me or Mei just doen't give a funion about Yuzu? It's pretty sad!

1. We don't have much information about Mei, so it's almost impossible to guess the reasons for her behaviour (drama everywhere).
  2. There are many (sometimes adorable, but always stupid) people who treat the person they like as badly as possible. "Today I'm very kind and sweet with you (can't help it... I'm weak once in a while), but tomorrow I'll show you my (d)evil face, making you feel like a good piece of shit (defensive mode ON)"---> Note: yeah, I'm one of those :genius: ¬¬
  3. I agree with your idea Yuzu/Harumin, while Mei is eaten up with jealousy... but, somehow, it would be that obvious that I don't want it to happen :)