Forum › Hibike! Euphonium *Spoilers* Discussion

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I enjoyed it too, I was just being paranoid that I was making people think there was a new Church of Insano. On second thoughts, there s now! Though I fear it was only intellectual on your side because... well, I'm an idiot.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

^no no you aren't plus you know the truth after all :) but if you chose to believe in Insano now in for real hey who am i to stop you? I mean dude We think this being called god created us and he impregnated this woman named Maria "who was a virgin" and she gave birth to "gods son" Jesus". In my book your Insano in as real as Jesus and god :)
by saying this I might of angered some people oh boy wait for the fury to start later hahaha
oh but as you believe in Insano as the the holy one I will have to argue for that place! Madoka is the all mighty!!

last edited at May 31, 2015 2:12AM

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

in some other worldline hououin kyouma is insano lel prais da science

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

I can't thank you enough for opening this topic. Thanks to that I got curious and watched the whole 8 episodes and .....wow ! Such beautiful details making every moment in this anime a joy to watch. Lots of beautiful moments between those two starting from first conversation between them which I really loved the mature looks of Kumiko and the rebellious eyes of Reina.
Really liked the scene from the street at night in episode 5, especially the moment of reina pushing back her bangs with beautiful eyes lighten with happiness against the reflections of car lights
But the second half of episode 8 was a dream that I did not want to wake up from. The delicate piano theme and every, and I mean EVERY movement and word spoken was just unbelievable.
Can't wait for more.

joined Apr 26, 2015

There is two AMAZING AMV on these two. Hope you like them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebl_xMxWANo (Ruby Blue)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Tw5P51bzY (Automatic)

joined Jan 30, 2013

Urashi C,
No problem! :D I really like the anime plus I've heard that in the 4th volume things get more incline to the posibity of both of them being together !! :D

last edited at May 31, 2015 12:06PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Lara77,
Wow O.O they are actually really good ;.; I think ruby is my fave AMV out of the two ;.;. Thank you so much for posting the links ;.;

last edited at May 31, 2015 12:07PM

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

a comment on yuri-goggles by:
MarkS00N
May 31, 2015 at 04:37

From information I gathered, there four ‘small’ changes they make in episode 8:
– Reina was holding her trumpet case in novel when her hand was grabbed by Kumiko, so she was leaving the club there (also she act annoyed when Kumiko did so, at least in the manga), but in anime she doesn’t bring her trumpet case, so where did she goes?
– Reina and Kumiko already call each other by real name instead of their family name in the novel, so the finger scene stress more on the Reina’s ego than Reina and Kumiko’s relationship getting closer
– Reina touch Kumiko’s cheek in the novel, not Kumiko’s lip
– In the novel Reina and Kumiko don’t bring their instrument, let alone duet on the mountain

And it appears there are more small changes (like episode 7 train scene where Kumiko and Suuichi talk about Asuka, there is no Reina in the novel)…

Talk about KumiRei moment in episode 8, the first one is actually happen before the OP…

Remember the club scene where Yoshikawa ask Kaori to the festival? There is this sequential scene where Hazuki look at Suuichi who look at Kumiko, signifying their intention to ask the person they see to the festival. What scene happen after that? Reina seeing Kumiko before for 1-2 frame look distraught then sit down, pretty much (to me) show that Reina want to ask Kumiko to the festival, but not sure how…

http://yuri-goggles.com/2015/05/30/hibike-euphonium-ep02-08/#comment-20731

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Sooo, I have a question but thought here would be a better place for that. Basically,

ColonalCat said:

**I have somewhat good news regarding the novels. Some spoilers below, just don't wanna black bar EVERYthing.

The novel at volume 4 (I believe that's the latest one) gets even more yurilicious as things go on. After the whole ordeal with Reina and Taki-sensei going not the way she expected, she starts drifting more and more toward Kumiko to the point that it seems she's legitimately falling for Kumiko, and Kumiko starts to reciprocate.

Now as far as I'm aware, Kumiko doesn't fall for Shuuichi. it's more of a "agrees to date" kind of thing (volume 3). So my best guess is that Hazuki pushes for it hard, and for some reason Kumiko feels like she has to do so to respect her friend (and it probably happened around the same time she heard about Reina 'liking' Taki-sensei so she probably subconsciously rejected the idea of her as an option). Based on what we've seen from this novel's writing, I bet after not too long Kumiko will pull away from Shuuichi.

[...]

tl;dr - yuri subtext comes from novels, hibike is not necessarily a het end (its just a het pitstop most likely), kyoani is more likely than we expect to commit.

Is that like, first hand knowledge? Cause on the episode 8 discussion on MAL some random person pretty much fights every yuri claim with fire. I think they especially registered on MAL for that discussion and they say

Always before watching each anime, especially those who have a female MC, and several meminas, i researching on various websites, read various summary, LN and extra materials. to see if contains yuri, or relationship between same sex, if have such I ignore the anime, and do not start watching.

so they are probably like, pretty biased but apparently

this happens and, judging by said random person's comments, seems to be the death of all yuri in like any show ever. Can somebody translate or something?
Seems to happen in Volume 3 and that individual also said that Volume 4 are just side stories to the first the volumes.

last edited at May 31, 2015 5:11PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I am more confused about the anime and now the novels more than ever. I dont know whos versions of the novels to believe, people say something and then someone else says the opposite. My heart can't handle any more of this please be gentle guys ಥ_ಥ

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Quick, someone get a sharp stick and start poking it!

joined Jan 30, 2013

stays on ground sobbing with a faint gray cloud hanging

last edited at May 31, 2015 7:12PM

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Sooo, I have a question but thought here would be a better place for that. Basically,

ColonalCat said:

**I have somewhat good news regarding the novels. Some spoilers below, just don't wanna black bar EVERYthing.

[...]

tl;dr - yuri subtext comes from novels, hibike is not necessarily a het end (its just a het pitstop most likely), kyoani is more likely than we expect to commit.

Is that like, first hand knowledge? Cause on the episode 8 discussion on MAL some random person pretty much fights every yuri claim with fire. I think they especially registered on MAL for that discussion and they say

Mostly first-hand knowledge due to my connections. Now I cannot confirm these connections myself due to language barriers. And as good at it as I am and as much as Google Maps wants me to, kayaking across the Pacific Ocean is not a feasible option.

Plus the parts where I speculate on where things are going and the why of Shuuichi are purely that: speculation. Backed up with knowledge and educated connections ofc, but speculation. Not I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I've been around this game a while, and considering storytelling is something I'm doing currently and learning, I think it's fair to say I have a good hand at this thing. Plus my history shows I'm good at this kinda thing. Not predicting entire plotlines ofc, but simple basic stuff like "Why would Kumiko go out with Shuuichi when it doesn't sound like she has feelings for him" and "Where could the story go from there knowing that" is doable.

so they are probably like, pretty biased but apparently

an image

this happens and, judging by said random person's comments, seems to be the death of all yuri in like any show ever. Can somebody translate or something?
Seems to happen in Volume 3 and that individual also said that Volume 4 are just side stories to the first the volumes.

I can't translate said image so I don't know what it's saying, but as I said from my perspective the novel stands right now at what I think is a het pitstop. It's not like Kumiko was any closer to Shuuichi or treated him any differently in the novels (know for a fact), so that relationship won't change in 2 more volumes dramatically.

Side story or not, it wasn't the fact the yuri-like interaction happened volumetrically latest that convinced me things are moving in that direction. It was the conversation that transpired. The short of it is that it happened after "winning the competition" (no clue what competition or what that even means exactly tbh), which also happens to be after Reina confesses to Taki-sensei. Plus, the volume was released way before the author could have possibly known of the intense reaction fans have to episode 8. There's no way he could have been yuribaiting us.

The most likely case scenario is that short-sighted asshole random person is likely trying to convince him/herself more than anyone else.

last edited at May 31, 2015 7:23PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thank you so much, that's really good to know.

The most likely case scenario is that random person short-sighted asshole is likely trying to convince him/herself more than anyone else.

Yep, that's what I thought but it's always nice.to have confirmation.

last edited at May 31, 2015 10:00PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

There is hope :o

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Here's the translation for that page up there.

...but also refusing to turn down her offer of kindness, Shuuichi reluctantly wrapped it around his neck. Whether or not it was from Kumiko's own body heat, its fabric had roughly felt warm to the touch.

"It suits you."

She laughed in a somewhat curious way, and then suddenly placed her hand on his shoulder. Pressed against such force, Shuuichi spontaneously tilted his body towards Kumiko. The lifting of her heels had playfully come into sight. Kumiko stood tip-toed and she held her hand close to his ear, with her lips following suit. This froze Shuuich's body in place, even while his heart was bouncing -- with Kumiko ever so close to him, Shuuichi found her presence difficult to ignore.

Kumiko's voice had flowed, with the sigh of her breath tickling his ears, and the sweet fragrance of her shampoo striking his nose. Shuuchi did not move, but he was absolutely certain of the words she had just imparted to him.

"I like you too, Shuuichi."

Anybody knows if the novels are still ongoing? Some places say they are, some people say volume 4 was the last.

last edited at Jun 1, 2015 11:04AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

And all my hope crumbles down slowly...slowly

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

And said hope just went to the bottom of the sea...and beyond

fine quitting this one

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Every time I read a translation of these light novel, I can't help but think these novels seems really bad... and not because of the het, the translation of the Kumiko/Reina moment too

last edited at Jun 1, 2015 2:41PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

There is a direct correlation between writing het endgame and being a poor writer in general.

It's because the het erodes your mind, you see, because of how not yuri it is.

It must be noted that, as the posts which changed my total from 666, this is my least favourite.

last edited at Jun 1, 2015 3:19PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Ah, I can totally turn that into realistic yuri so it's fine.

Also, daisuki? I'm calling het subtext,

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

There is a direct correlation between writing het endgame and being a poor writer in general.

No, no it just looks soppy x)

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

No, no it just looks soppy x)

Right, and that's because of the het eroding his writing abilities. It's a very scientific thing, but I can't show you the proof because that's a super-mega secret. The only way to fix this is by writing more yuri endgame, the Lord Insano hath decreed it. (I don't know why I'm bringing that up again, I needed a deity and using madokami seemed a bit off considering the argument.)

Sometimes I wish I could get a job as a yuri jesuit, that might be fun.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

So, I pretty much believe the story ended on volume 3. Just like many people say. That's ok, because the anime is pretty different from the novel in many points. Let me post what I read several times in another forum.

First. in the novel Kumiko is not really interested in Reina until they happen to spend the Agata Festival together. They already called each other by their first name so no scene of Reina telling Kumiko to call her Reina. So all the eps of Kumiko staring at Reina, telling Midori and Hazuki about what happened in middle school, trying to apologize to her, and everything between them in the anime doesn't exist in the novel. Also, Shuichi scenes have been cut, lots of them. In the anime Kumiko spends more time with Hazuki and Midori than with him, which is the opposite from the novel.
In the anime Shuichi tells Kumiko to practice together everyday and Kumiko says "Nah, my euphonium is too big". then asks Kumiko to spend the Agata festival with him, Kumiko says "why?" and then he runs off being a bit embarrased. In the novel is totally the opposite. When Shuichi tells Kumiko to practice together Kumiko agrees but runs away embarrased. Kumiko is a bit tsundere with Shuichi in the novel.

Kumiko and Reina did spend the Agata Festival together in the novel but they don't bring their instruments. There's no finger touching lips. There's no duet. And later Kumiko spends the festival with Hazuki, Midori and Shuichi.

The anime is pretty different. Its only following the plot of the band and some other things but the focus on the anime has been on Kumiko and Reina. Kumiko's personality is different. I'm not sure KyoAni would go yuri but the events in the novel happened in a different way so we can't assume the anime is going to end like the novel (if it ever gets other seasons).

I've to admit that I'm a bit scared haha, I already like Kumiko x Reina a lot buuuut, I'm watching the anime and not reading the novel, so if the anime is already different and if it ends with an open ending I won't assume the novel's ending is how the anime is going to end in the future. I think they focused on Kumiko&Reina for a reason.

Just wanted to let you know but as always, keep your expectations low ^^

joined Apr 26, 2015

Here's the translation for that page up there.

...but also refusing to turn down her offer of kindness, Shuuichi reluctantly wrapped it around his neck. Whether or not it was from Kumiko's own body heat, its fabric had roughly felt warm to the touch.

"It suits you."

She laughed in a somewhat curious way, and then suddenly placed her hand on his shoulder. Pressed against such force, Shuuichi spontaneously tilted his body towards Kumiko. The lifting of her heels had playfully come into sight. Kumiko stood tip-toed and she held her hand close to his ear, with her lips following suit. This froze Shuuich's body in place, even while his heart was bouncing -- with Kumiko ever so close to him, Shuuichi found her presence difficult to ignore.

Kumiko's voice had flowed, with the sigh of her breath tickling his ears, and the sweet fragrance of her shampoo striking his nose. Shuuchi did not move, but he was absolutely certain of the words she had just imparted to him.

"I like you too, Shuuichi."

Anybody knows if the novels are still ongoing? Some places say they are, some people say volume 4 was the last.

Many thanks for the translation....but really,,,, this is depressing !

To reply you must either login or sign up.